Question before I get banned. (No Gouf content)

Comments

• Aurumfaramon - Heavens Tear
    Aurumfaramon - Heavens Tear Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    PK Friends = Groupies.

Lost city is full of Angrybears FACT!

Stay with us carebears you will have more fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keef - Lost City
    Keef - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    too long, didn't read

woulda been classic if that was a GM response
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

invictus.lostminions.org
  • Drussella - Sanctuary
    Drussella - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    lol, i was there when i happened. All that came out of me was that i was glad i was at zero %, Otherwize i wouldnt have reacted the same.

I was trolling the net while standing in the same spot for over a hour, i died once, it didnt happen again, i know about followrange, and however hard you try the thing just wont stop following.

I can imagine ppl being pissed off. But i didnt lose any xp so i already forgotten about it TBH :)

Just.. i hope you didnt put any ideas in dozens of ppls heads... and GM's may think the same, and make an example out of you. (after they check how much Zen you buy ofcourse, lol)
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    No, you shouldn't be banned for being evil, but taking quest mob so far from his initial location interfere in bad manner game experience of other players. As you may guess there wont be second Chi'in spawn until this one who you kite being killed or kill you and return to his initial patrolling area. So you cause disturbance and delay in game play of other possible players who meanwhile decided to kill Chi'in.

If this had actually happened, I think it would have completed the entertainment value. I can imagine a group running around in confusion because Chin won't respawn. They send out a stream of inquiries. Maybe they even resort to world chat to see if anyone else knows what's going on. Eventually, they learn Chin is wreaking havoc way down the road. Off they run. The quarry has been spotted (and probably weakened). Everybody who is appreciating the break from the usual grind-fest cheers as the heros run/fly down the road and lay in to Chin - saving all the level 30's who just wanted to run a nice safe FB. Hooray! Something interesting happened.
  • sassyelf79
    sassyelf79 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Actually one of my friend asked GM once, he said it is definitely not laughing matter for luring bosses into safezone. We can actually report them. I don't know if this has change.

Moral of the story is.... NEVER AFK in Angler's Village, Silverpool or Orchid Temple. If u must, please fly up high and above. or stay on the roof or someting

I think luring bosses is bad, they burnt people's charm a lot. Also make red name drops (I suppose this is some motivation for people to lure bosses and trying to get their drops)
  • Ajriaz_skaya - Heavens Tear
    Ajriaz_skaya - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    That's lame.
    If I'm to PK someone, I want them to see my name so they remember it was me who bested them.
    And I want them to be able to hand me my **** on a platter if I miscalculated their fighting abilities.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Specgoesemo - Lost City
    Specgoesemo - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    gattsuru wrote: »
    I know you claim to have read them, but here are the terms of service (with the disclaimer than I am Not A Lawyer) :

Note that this is an inclusive list, rather than an exclusive one, and that PWE hold the right to terminate a user account at any time for any reason or even for no reason. They do seem to try and be reasonable about things, though.

Harassment of another player is not allowed. Stealing items another player legitimately earned is, likewise, not allowed. Intentionally killing blue-name characters with the use of a mob is almost certainly a violation of the above list. I can't speak for the GMs in this game, but it would not be surprising if they felt it was worth a few days without access to the Service and a stern warning.

Being crude and less than civil is... not advised. While being rude or starting an unfair fight without going to the lengths of harassment is not, on its own, a violation of the terms of service automatically, it does reflect poorly on a person playing a character. Say what you will about karma, but names do go around.

*sigh* Well, I suggest banning half the population or more of the game cause I know damn well the majority of people have taken a drop from a mob they didn't kill... Harassment? Don't make me lol... the good players of the game went through the same **** trying to level and get gear, if the noobs can't take it then gtfo...
  • Specgoesemo - Lost City
    Specgoesemo - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    sassyelf79 wrote: »
    Actually one of my friend asked GM once, he said it is definitely not laughing matter for luring bosses into safezone. We can actually report them. I don't know if this has change.

Moral of the story is.... NEVER AFK in Angler's Village, Silverpool or Orchid Temple. If u must, please fly up high and above. or stay on the roof or someting

I think luring bosses is bad, they burnt people's charm a lot. Also make red name drops (I suppose this is some motivation for people to lure bosses and trying to get their drops)

Oh noes! They are losing their heiro's! Red names are dropping from a mob killing them? News to me but if it is true...your own damn fault for getting a red name and sitting in a spot where mobs can reach you... I got a new one for ya: How about we ban ppl for going afk in the safe zone with red names? That gives them an unfair advantage over the people outside the safe zone since they can't be pk'ed... See? I can twist the rules same way as everyone else, and just to clarify, this exaple is just as farfetched as most of the other **** yall complain about and think should be banned...

Stop whining...
    edited November 2008
    I think he meant that taking aggro for a mob then letting others finish it DO turn your name from RED to PINK to WHITE again with little to no efforts and risks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wiseprophet
    wiseprophet Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Technically, being able to bring a boss into a safe zone is a glitch, and abusing a glitch is bannable. I dont think they care though.

IMO: If the game lets you do something then whos fault is it? The developers is who. If they dont like it then they need to fix it.
  • Saiena - Heavens Tear
    Saiena - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you all arguing a moot point?

Defected said that he lured the bosses to areas that were not "safe" areas. Sure, it's still annoying to step out of Angler's village and be smushed like a bug by a random boss, but again, it adds to the entertainment value of the game (even if I were the one to get smushed).

The important distinction, though, is that he didn't lure bosses to the safe areas, and so you can't accuse him of violating that "glitch."
  • cherrysama
    cherrysama Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Gosh, you write a lot. I have no idea who any of those people or things are, since I am new and all, but I wanted to post a random message because you entertained me for a couple minutes! xD Pking is fun, and if anything the makers of the game (GM's I believe) are to blame for giving you something to physically toucher someone with, in a manner of speaking. My opinions are that if you can get banned for pking a lot of people then the system is flawed. Plus it's there own fault, you clearly gave a precise warning--or so I believe. Then again I would be angry as well if someone randomly dropped down and pked me. xD Just not angry enough to send you a hate note, or report you. I would rather just get even. That is all. x3
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Something funny I saw today I had to share....

Some BM looked like he was trying this. He ran out, hit Ch'in, and ran to the south. I followed to see what might come of this. Ch'in dropped him about 10 steps later.

I cackled with laughter for at least 2 minutes straight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • specialagent
    specialagent Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I saw this thread and thought I would give a quick summary of my point of view

Well I dont think this was a banable offence.I think people have to remember that this is a GAME, and even though you may lose xp or whatever its all part of the experience. I have myself lured some mobs ,by mistake however an example being goldwing, to low lvl areas. So by this logic I should also be banned for playing the legitamtely?
    By the players on admission he didnt lure the mob to a safe area but an area on the general map, so in this instance it seems far beyond appropriate punishment to ban someone. Also I like PKing and do not get overly offended by somone who does PK me, since I can come back to the point that in the end it is just a GAME. However what I will add is that I do think someone who continuosly targets lower lvls is heading towards harrasment territory and they should be disciplined. (On a side note i saw chin come into Anglers village once and i thought it was hillarious, best moment in PW so far >:))
  • Celebren - Heavens Tear
    Celebren - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    No, you shouldn't be banned for being evil, but taking quest mob so far from his initial location interfere in bad manner game experience of other players. As you may guess there wont be second Chi'in spawn until this one who you kite being killed or kill you and return to his initial patrolling area. So you cause disturbance and delay in game play of other possible players who meanwhile decided to kill Chi'in. With other words you found how to exploit game and you did it multiple times, that's what for you have to be banned.

And btw all your words for being evil and so on is nothing more than "soul masturbation" of complex suffering person.

agreed - specially on bolded part

in general
    bosses should be in those areas where there normal spawns are NOWHERE else and i'm sure for luring them far away you can be banned.

Having a charm equiped i would be pissed cause its real money i loose cause your stupid behaviour and for your personel crud mind of entertainment
    being killed and loosing 5% xps i would be pissed, cause i dont waste my time in lvling for entertaining jerks with evil fantasies

i would suggest stop playing and invest the time in a good therapy. youre like a dog that bites the hand which feats him for getting attention. Dont be worried there are people who can help you getiing out of this
    justice might be blind - but i also see in darkness
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Well sometimes this grinding does get boring...fact! And now when you think duh...got 15 more to go but better sell some loot so that I can free inventory...duh...shall i take a coffee break...duh...
    ok i'm at the merchant...duh...

and here comes the boss starting wreaking havoc. Your eyebrows rise. What is going on?
    chat box filling up with

???
    what the...
    help...
    CLERIC!!!!
    Grrr!
    and lots of
    ********!!!
    ****!!!

your eyebrows rise again, how on earth did that got here? Oh **** gotta close the menus and get out...
    run...run.. run and pray it does not run out of pray before you're airborne (yes you think that)
    and either way you end up dead in air or in another safe place with hair of your bum burned...

and then you notice-
    You're not bored anymore.
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    So many mixed emotions on the subject...and I thought this thread had died.

I recently began seeing a psychiatrist. When I explained my repressed rage and need for release, he laughed, called me a noob, and booted me out of his office. He then sent me a bill for $100 and a note that said "pwnt."

So I switched to "big game hunting," where I attack people with green-glowing weapons. The results have been poor on the most part, but every once in a while, I get a nice kill and everyone's happy. Except the high level guy, so I run like heck. It's a great rush that I highly recommend.

I ended up never getting banned for any of this. I don't plan on it either, I'm not leading Ch'in anymore and I suggest no one else do it. There are plenty of other ways to be evil.
    Some low level bugging you for a ride somewhere? Embrace them, then drop them in a pile of monsters/ocean.
    Someone begging for gold at the teleport? Drop a pile of 1 gold next to them. Wait 20 seconds and pick it up again. Or, just let him have the 1 gold coin.
    See a group killing a high level mob? The cleric/tank is in PK mode? You know what to do....

This game lacks heroes. Who will stand up and be a hero? Will it be you? No? Ok...how about you? No? You there, in the back...No? Anyone?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • Caelir - Heavens Tear
    Caelir - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I would be furious of this happened to me.

But, it keeps the game entertaining.

I like strange things to happen while I am in the midst of playing. Even though it is just kiting a boss out of it's spawn point, it is still a change in the game world, albeit only a small one and for a brief time.

Things like this keep the game constantly flowing, even more than it already is. It gives the feeling that nothing is set in stone, that anything can happen, that it isn't just one of those monotonous games where you fall into a rut and do the same routine over and over.

I would disregard your cruel intentions just for the fact that you created an exciting prospect of a game world with more possibilities apparent than those given by the GM's; possibilities given by the players.

That alone should not make kiting a boss out of it's spawn ban-worthy. Players just need to be on their toes!

Unless they're waiting for Ch'in to spawn. That wouldln't be cool LOL.

And, it is also proven in this thread to be against the Terms of Service b:surrender So, just know for the future to refrain from things that would "harm" other players' gaming experience in Perfect World. Such a shame b:sad

- Caelir
  • Laomedon - Heavens Tear
    Laomedon - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hmm.. I kinda find boss kiting hilarious myself. Even if I almost never do it. Well, assuming it's a boss that actually has a chance to kill the one kiting it anyway. Just not as much fun without the risk of failing miserably. And I've been on the receiving end of them showing up out of the blue too. Sure, it sucks to die, but it's funny wondering where the heck it came from in the first place.

Can you really even kite bosses into safe zones, though? I think it's only the aoe ones that have any chance of even hurting anyone, but I think they tend to get stuck anyway. I know the one time I kited Char to Arch, it ended up pretty dull, even if I was half dead the entire run (I was like lvl 40, and casters hurt barbs b:sad Hehe.) I wanted to see the guards waste him, but they ignored him. He couldn't even get up the ramp. A couple 20s ended up taking'm out with me 'cause they were standing there. 'Course, I was the only one who even got hurt out of all of that, which was fine with me.

Best boss kiting I think I've seen was on MY. Someone pulled the Harpy Wraith the whole 20 feet over to the little outpost near her. Wiped out the entire area with her aoe in one shot, including the barb who grabbed her. The guards then absolutely massacred her in like 3 minutes. Was pretty funny though, even if I had all of enough time to say something along the lines of "..oh ****" aloud before I was dead as well.

But, anyone ever watched the WoW videos of someone dragging Kazzik to Stormwind? I can only imagine what it must have been like to be apart of that sudden attack out of the blue. Would have been hilarious fun, though. A major boss getting into and massacring a major city? Now *THAT* is an event worth taking part in, regardless of the xp loss from doing so. Pitty the guards are unrivaled machines of death, and the mobs in cities are immune to everything.

Well, anyway. I can actually understand why people dislike boss kiting, whether it's on purpose or accident that it happens. I imagine most people just don't find the random situation enjoyable. Part of why I typically don't kite things around, even when I'm bored and really feel like doing it just to see how far I can get.
  • anelle
    anelle Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    What I wish they had was a way to disallow some of these names. Does management realize that 6 year olds are playing? I was playing witha 9 year old last week. Also, could it be possible to make people dismount their rides when at banker, marchants, etc? If they don't it makes it VERY difficult to get a click onto the specific merchant. Lastly, could the GM's put a link to the forum on the main page...it would save us players who just want to play the ability to do that without hearing i need help...where is.....and so on. I mean I don't mind helping, but the players are coming in with even doing the first thing....CHECK WITH GUIDE. And we don't dare ask them if they did becase then they need to be hand held to where the guide is or they won't leave you alone.

Thank you for listening...
  • Kytania - Heavens Tear
    Kytania - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Without reading any of the other responses:

First on the other server (PW-MY) there was a cleric who took great pleasure in hunting ppl 30-40 lvls lower then he was. He would come in while u were attacking something, PK you then tele to the nearest town to get out of the area. EVERYONE hated him (even pkers) and he was well hunted. People would announce his location in world chat as a warning to other players. I myself got pked a total of 12 times (eight by him alone ... personal vendetta) but this was a pk server...I'm sure I had a point but I forgot it. b:chuckle

Anyway even though this is a PvE server people can turn on their PK. Which means they either:
    a) are really stupid and don't know what pk means OR
    b) are willing to participate in pk.

Now if you have pk on don't complain and whine when you get pked. YOU TURNED IT ON not the person who pked you.

As to the other issue...no its not the least bit nice. I was the victim of this on the other server many times, but you live, you learn and you get over it. I really can't see anyone getting banned over leading Chin to other places. Intentional or not intentional. I just hope that I am not around when you get in the mood to lead him somewhere else. b:laugh
  • Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Lol, I love the fact that this is all on a PVE server, and people are crying when they themselves "forgot" to take off PK mode. KEEP KITING!!!!!b:laugh Just laugh off the silly threats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jordanfox - Heavens Tear
    Jordanfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Nothing profound to add, I just wanted to agree with a previous poster. Defected, you have a great sense of humor! Regardless of anyone's opinions about your recent, uh......behavior......I STILL laughed my **** off to all of your posts! Thanks for that, it comes so rarely on these forums.

Also, thanks for the gold star! It's very pretty.b:laugh
  • Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear
    Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Evil:
    # morally objectionable behavior
    # morally bad or wrong; "evil purposes"; "an evil influence"; "evil deeds"
    # having the nature of vice
    # that which causes harm or destruction or misfortune; "the evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones"- Shakespeare
    # malefic: having or exerting a malignant influence; "malevolent stars"; "a malefic force"
    # the quality of being morally wrong in principle or practice; "attempts to explain the origin of evil in the world"

Jerk:
    #a dull stupid fatuous person

I'm under the impression that you're more of a Jerk than Evil. See, Evil has goals. Evil without a goal is just a Jerk.
    "Everything is worth what the purchaser will pay for it." -Publius Syrius

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

"The Bible is a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish, no interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -Albert Einstein

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fangxing - Heavens Tear
    Fangxing - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Everybody needs an invigorating show every once in awhile, what's so wrong with it? It's not so much evil, as it is just having nothing to do and seeing what havoc you can stir up.

Eh, a curse-worthy offense? Yes. However, ban worthy? Absolutely not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Now I know that PWE is ran by a bucket of monkeys on speed.
    edited November 2008
    Some low level bugging you for a ride somewhere? Embrace them, then drop them in a pile of monsters/ocean.

Oooh yes yes yes that one is so pleasant b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • munzenburger
    munzenburger Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    People in Lost Server lure Dismal Shade all the time in Heroes' Tomb... death to all

Never seen these people get in trouble - 'causing civil unrest isn't wise but I doubt it's bannable - not sure though since I'm not a GM or anything

But people do it all the time in the PVP server Dismal, Krixx, Ch'in and I still see those people around

It's actually hilarious watching the bodies drop on the floor lol *yeah Dismal killed me that way too*
  • advoc
    advoc Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Not sure why people compliment him on his sense of humor. He's just copying what other people have done. Now the first time over a month ago, when someone lured to lost city, I laughed about it. It was more from the memory of death loops in MUDs from over a decade ago, which is where the whole idea originated. But people keep copying and doing the same thing over and over. It's not really funny at this point, just sad that that's the most original thing people can come up with; copying what others have done. Whoever first did it, should get some props for the nostalgia. Everyone else, too late to actually be funny.
  • dymin
    dymin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    some of the most fun i have had on other games was when someone had summons a demon or skin walker to the gates.i dont really liked to be pk'ed but as long as its not a habit it is part of the game .Any one with a problem with it should go back to PS games.
  • Alliandrin - Heavens Tear
    Alliandrin - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Defected, I think you rock.

A little excitement breaks the monotony. Even if it does involve EXP loss. I mean seriously, it's a GAME. So many of us would prefer to enjoy it and have fun, rather than seeing it as a competition of levels, and endless grinding.

Like trying to take on Huggy Hares at level 30-something, or bosses WAY above our level. It's FUN. It's a LAUGH. Dying happens. It's a break from the norm. People need to lighten up. A LOT.