Way Too Expensive!!!!

wiseprophet
wiseprophet Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Chronicles
I just came from the perfectworld.com.my game and started playing the international version since I am from the U.S.
I have spent over 200 U.S. dollars on the malaysian version and it was well worth it. After playing this version I decided to buy some cubi-gold AND FOUND OUT ONE GOLD = ONE DOLLAR!!!! THIS IS INSANE!!!!

I bought my raptor for $6 and in this game it costs $30!!

I blew $20 on this game before I realized this version was so expensive. I CANT EVEN BUY A GOOD MOUNT WITH $20!!!

I GUARANTEE I WILL NOT SPEND ANOTHER DIME ON THIS GAME UNTIL IT IS REASONABLY PRICED!!!
Post edited by wiseprophet on

Comments

• nec
    nec Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I have played a few free online games such as Mabinogi, Exteel and Maple Story etc. and this is the only game I haven't spent a single cent on. I like to support the company if I enjoy playing their game but the prices for this game are ridiculous and they won't be getting my money.
  • sweaty
    sweaty Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    It is true it is way overpriced. I think they would find if they would cut prices in half they would get more than twice as much business in the cash shop.
    Don't Sweat it.
  • wiseprophet
    edited November 2008
    sweaty wrote: »
    It is true it is way overpriced. I think they would find if they would cut prices in half they would get more than twice as much business in the cash shop.

Exactly. I know they would. I for one would spend alot of money on this game if it was reasonably priced. This is ridiculous.

hmm... $30 for a mount ... or ... $30 for a new game....
  • foxtek
    foxtek Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Exactly. I know they would. I for one would spend alot of money on this game if it was reasonably priced. This is ridiculous.

hmm... $30 for a mount ... or ... $30 for a new game....

hahahah WORD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Misstaken - Heavens Tear
    Misstaken - Heavens Tear Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Exactly the same feeling.
    I would have actually spent money on this **** is it weren't for this.
    20 dollars to go 1.50m/s flying?
    **** when I set designation I alt+tab to youtube and watch some videos in the meantime.
    Not only that its ridiculous the mounts? COMMON 10$ for something I am going to use for only 2 minutes at a time if at most?
    Give me a break.
    I used to do drugs, I still do but I used to too.
  • vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I agree, I just have a hard time deciding if I want to skip 2-3 meals a week, and have charms for leveling, or if I really need toilet paper afterall. Honestly though, just because some people have excess money, most of us do not. Things are the tighter than they have been in the last 30 years, $30-$50 on an electronic item which I don't actually own is just a bit much... Nevermind the usual costs for charms if you want to do anything past level 50.
  • Ricecake - Heavens Tear
    Ricecake - Heavens Tear Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    prices are high yeah, but you dont NEED to spend money on it, its completely optional, I know mounts are cute an all but who would spend that kinda money to run fast
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=13490001&dateline=1268988639[/SIGPIC]

I used to be a cleric like you, then I took a Plume Shot to the knee.
  • Venomatty - Heavens Tear
    Venomatty - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    sweaty wrote: »

So they would change the prices and get the same amount of money out of it? that is what you said right? Cut the prices in half and double the people buying? That would leave them with exactly the same amount.
  • Etern - Sanctuary
    Etern - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I just came from the perfectworld.com.my game and started playing the international version since I am from the U.S.
    I have spent over 200 U.S. dollars on the malaysian version and it was well worth it. After playing this version I decided to buy some cubi-gold AND FOUND OUT ONE GOLD = ONE DOLLAR!!!! THIS IS INSANE!!!!

I bought my raptor for $6 and in this game it costs $30!!

I blew $20 on this game before I realized this version was so expensive. I CANT EVEN BUY A GOOD MOUNT WITH $20!!!

I GUARANTEE I WILL NOT SPEND ANOTHER DIME ON THIS GAME UNTIL IT IS REASONABLY PRICED!!!

NO ONE is forcing you to buy Zen, there problem solved b:bye
  • Bulldogg - Heavens Tear
    Bulldogg - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    After almost 3 months now and countless threads about prices..most of which they delete once enough people sign em..you guys really need to get over it. THEY DO NOT CARE !!! This is an Asian based game with developers who's entire argument for pricing is "well Americans are rich". They could care less about value for your money or any other argument you could make. People have posted thousands and thousands of threads and they have not changed one thing except and occasion 20 percent off some obscure item to appease people. Its simply a slap in the face and they could care less how you feel about it.

I let my son play my acounts now so even though I did spend money at first holding out some hope this game would make it...they dont get it and wont get it so no more money from me. At least he enjoys running around for free on his level 5 characters trying to learn to read enough to understand people shouting lol
  • sweaty
    sweaty Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    So they would change the prices and get the same amount of money out of it? that is what you said right? Cut the prices in half and double the people buying? That would leave them with exactly the same amount.

I said if they cut prices in half they would get MORE THAN TWICE as much business.....
    Don't Sweat it.
  • Jebbediah - Lost City
    Jebbediah - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    After almost 3 months now and countless threads about prices..most of which they delete once enough people sign em..you guys really need to get over it. THEY DO NOT CARE !!! This is an Asian based game with developers who's entire argument for pricing is "well Americans are rich". They could care less about value for your money or any other argument you could make. People have posted thousands and thousands of threads and they have not changed one thing except and occasion 20 percent off some obscure item to appease people. Its simply a slap in the face and they could care less how you feel about it.

I let my son play my acounts now so even though I did spend money at first holding out some hope this game would make it...they dont get it and wont get it so no more money from me. At least he enjoys running around for free on his level 5 characters trying to learn to read enough to understand people shouting lol

i AGREE 100% WITH THIS GUY. BOYCOTT THE CASH SHOP!
  • Elsavita - Heavens Tear
    Elsavita - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    *Let's not advertise other games. Giant red text is just tacky.*
  • wiseprophet
    edited November 2008

True but there would be many more satisfied players and the game would be more fun.
  • wiseprophet
    edited November 2008
    Also I know I would spend alot more cash if it were cheaper as would many other people. I spent almost a hundred dollars on zhen parties on the other version. This version is so expensive I probably wont see anyone zhening. For those of you who dont know what zhening is, it is when you spend alot of cash on exp scrolls and heirograms (a.k.a. charms). It is too expensive to zhen, therefore people are likely to quit playing once they reach lvl 60+.

If the prices are not lowered they will just lose more business.
  • xfiercex
    xfiercex Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    lol I've already quit the game because of the cash shop pricing. I loved the game and I'd love to spend some money to get myself some mount, extra inv slot etc, but 30$ for a mount? lol nah.
  • wiseprophet
    edited November 2008
    I would love to support this game, and definitely will as soon as prices go down. Until then I will not spend a dime though.
  • elfoldo
    elfoldo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    anybody knows how and for how much i can get a stone to have more slots in my bank
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I'm not trying to get any flames going here, but it is perfectly fine to never have to use the Cash Shop to get everything you need in the game through the Auction House or setup a Consignment Shop. Other players are more then glad to trade or buy what you have for sale, and some do very well at it.

Some of us at PWE seriously aren't allowed to buy Zen, and we aren't given any to test. This helps to test that everything can be done through just gameplay.

So the Cash Shop is optional to all, and you can still obtain the Cash Shop items through regular gameplay.

Of course, I personally like the Charms, Geographic Map, Teleport Stones, Safe Extension Stones and some clothes here and there. b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Melodia - Lost City
    Melodia - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    With the gold exchanging system (Buying gold with coin), rich people (with millions of coin) will just get richer through the cash shop if all the items were lower priced. I say keep the prices the way they are and just use cash shop through gold exchange system instead. After making money, put half in the gold exchange bank and keep half for yourself or something and you will eventually have whatever you want. But lowering the prices will destroy the economy.. I think.
    Originally Posted by Pandora - Lost City:
    Please understand that as full int, all an archer has to do is target you and roll his face on the keyboard and you are dead.

Words of Wisdom.
  • mogeo
    mogeo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    agree, this game is wayyyy to expensive...
    probably the most expensive cash shop i've seen, i won't spend anything on it anymore
  • crystyl
    crystyl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008

You quoted it but didn't read it. He said they would probably get more than twice as many people.
    "pay to WIN"? Ok you win! now go away and let the rest of us "Play in Peace" without your whining!
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    mogeo wrote: »
    agree, this game is wayyyy to expensive...
    probably the most expensive cash shop i've seen, i won't spend anything on it anymore
    The game is completely free.
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    check this out.. lol. look how low their stocks are atm

http://finance.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NASDAQ:PWRD
  • Jeiiy - Heavens Tear
    Jeiiy - Heavens Tear Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Lol kinda low to me :),

What could have caused it? Hmmm

/endsarcasm
  • Estrogen - Sanctuary
    Estrogen - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    check this out.. lol. look how low their stocks are atm

http://finance.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NASDAQ:PWRD

That's an unfair analysis.. Unless you aren't a stock holder, you should know that pretty much all stocks have been down pretty hard over the last 3 months.
  • Eislynn - Sanctuary
    Eislynn - Sanctuary Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    yeah. The stock market has been taking some serious hits over the past few months, so don't be lookin' at stocks as a reason why it's failing. Economy's failing in some ways. Dow points are down 300+ points today. So, yeah.
    A civilized society is one which tolerates eccentricity to the point of doubtful sanity. -Robert Frost
  • Tenderloin - Sanctuary
    Tenderloin - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Well my only comment on this is the economy is down. The market is nervous/unsure what the newly elected US president Obama will do hence people are dumping stocks (knee jerk reaction). And since the economy is down the last thing people want to do is spend money on a game. But I think if the second economic stimulus package passes things will go up (or at least provide relief). Judging from the history of the stocks of PWRD.. that's some serious depreciation.. but that's normal in a volatile economy. Then again this is not the complete picture you have to analyze the company profit reports to see everything (and if you're a stockholder of PWRD).
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I hope you guys realise that is the Chinese main company. The Sales of Perfect World Entertainment would have no significant impact on the stocks of Perfect World Co.
  • Tenderloin - Sanctuary
    Tenderloin - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I hope you guys realise that is the Chinese main company. The Sales of Perfect World Entertainment would have no significant impact on the stocks of Perfect World Co.

Well Perfect World International is a subsidiary of Perfect World Co. (China) soo whatever happens to the parent company definitely will have an impact on it's subsidiaries altho how big an impact depends on a lot of factors such as if the company is an operating subsidiary or non-operating subsidiary.
This discussion has been closed.