Venos Overpowered

Options
whysoserious
whysoserious Posts: 22 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Suggestion Box
Please, for the love of god, nerf their pet damage. I don't even want to pvp anymore because of this ridiculous unnerfed damage.
Post edited by whysoserious on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Please, for the love of god, nerf their pet damage. I don't even want to pvp anymore because of this ridiculous unnerfed damage.

While you are at it, may as well nerf archer damage as well because they hit me too hard, and wizards hit too hard as well so nerf that too.

Get the picture? Don't be selfish because a class can beat you.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Kill them before their pet gets to you. Or kite them if they use bramble array
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Kill them before their pet gets to you. Or kite them if they use bramble array

Yes exactly. Just kill the veno before the pet does much to you. They tend to die fast, this is a level 67 veno saying that.b:victory
    Also if one uses bramble hood just run for the next 15 seconds because you'll barely do any damage to them and get 200% of your own back in your face if you use melee attacks.

This game is well balanced with the classes I see no nerfs needed on any of them. Just learn how to beat them.
    Main characters
  • demonicangell
    demonicangell Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    veno Crumble To Archers Power In Pvp At Lvl 60-99
    Server: Lost City
    Guild:Starting A Guild Named ~Angellz~ All Welcome To Join
    Name: DemonicAngell
    Class:Archer
    Current Level: 13
    Profession: BlackSmith
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    veno Crumble To Archers Power In Pvp At Lvl 60-99

I agree. Venos don't live long at all when an archer gets to them.1 or 2 hits, 3 if they are lucky. No time to even use bramble hood. When an archer shoots a veno the veno just says b:surrender
    Main characters
  • Bestwiz - Heavens Tear
    Bestwiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I agree. Venos don't live long at all when an archer gets to them.1 or 2 hits, 3 if they are lucky. No time to even use bramble hood. When an archer shoots a veno the veno just says b:surrender

lols archers are always pvp material in every single mmo i played :p
    Dont MEss with me I'm da Best
    b:laughb:chuckleb:victoryb:angryb:byeb:cute
  • juanpancho
    juanpancho Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Also, if you are a lvl29+ blademaster you can revert their pet-pulling tech... since most of them use damage absorbing melee pets you can runaway while you target the venomancer, but once the pet is is near you, throw a macro starting with the instant leap skill followed by your few but maximised offensive melee skills on the poor veno...

If you have balanced str&dex you will use light armor giving you a decent magic resistance (including wood, the main venomancer damage tipe) and also won't miss any hit. In the end the pet won't make it half way back in time to help and you had to press just one key.

Archers have already been covered, and I think an offensive cleric may be even nastier.

The only two classes I see having real trouble with "venos" are barbarians and wizards, mainly due to the pets, though there may be some builds...

Of course this does not apply to any diffencence of 10+ levels when class doesn't really matter anymore.

JFM
  • Oprescu - Heavens Tear
    Oprescu - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    In my opinion, venos are the weakest race in pvp world. Pve and FB's are another matter, here they rule. Archers do the greatest damage so if you want to pk archer is the best character. I am also veno so......don't be offended veno lovers :P
  • sandshaper
    sandshaper Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Dear Perfect World developers,

Nerf Scissors.
    Rock is fine.

-Paper
  • tvia
    tvia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Nerf paper, darnit! What about us poor rocks?

~A lmao'ing rock.
  • MysticSagex - Heavens Tear
    MysticSagex - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    how many guys play as venos?
  • Burjis - Heavens Tear
    Burjis - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Oh come on!
    What you say about how to beat a venomancer with a bm is just theories. Maybe the venos you've been playing against don't know how to pk someone. Its not just the pet.
    Bramble hood + bramble guard + leech + Metabolic boost + Nature's grace + soul transfusion + an unnerfed pet damage.
    what else do the venos need for pvp? If you can't use these skills to pwn any class (except for archers maybe) then you are a nooooob.
    Archers have week spots though that can be exploited by a good player. Venos? oh my god.
    Good at solo, good at fb, good at duels, a must in TW, money maker, they don't even need to use pots! What else does a class need, to be classified as overpowered?

Edit: Oh I forgot to name the skill belittle (vs bms and barbs) and just wait for the expansion. I've heard they'll get a 15 sec vulnerability skill!!
  • Miaku - Heavens Tear
    Miaku - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    sandshaper wrote: »
    Dear Perfect World developers,

Nerf Scissors.
    Rock is fine.

-Paper

rofl, That's great <3
    "Those who say it can't be done, should get out of the way of those who are doing it."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature created by: Forsakenx
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Venomancers are fine except that ripping bite is bugged.

Ripping bite isn't reduced by PVP reduction.

Fix that and they'll be balanced - until Phoenix release.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • VampHire - Sanctuary
    VampHire - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    u fix one class or race better fix the rest
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    80 pure agility EA - 3.4k hp (alot for my build)

OH SNAP VENO SEES YOU

VENO STUN 900
    HERE COMES THE MOTHER FKCING BEE IM GOING TO DIE
    bleeding 1.1k
    heirotick
    BEE MISSES BECAUSE ITS BAD
    bleeding 1.1k
    VENO HITS 900
    BEE MISSES BECAUSE ITS BAD
    bleeding 1.1k

HP LEFT = 300

VENO HITS ME ONCE MORE, OR WAIT I STUN HIM BUT OH WAIT THE BEE WILL HIT ME FOR 300 ANYWAYS SO IM GOING TO DIE

DEAD

NOT OVER POWERED GUYS
  • Foxgodz - Heavens Tear
    Foxgodz - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Can't believe it actually took that many hits.I mean how many does it take to kill a veno?As much or waayyy less then that.That's like 5 hits or something.A veno certainly can't live through 5 hits of an archer(not counting bramble guard from which u can run away)
  • Envy - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Can't believe it actually took that many hits.I mean how many does it take to kill a veno?As much or waayyy less then that.That's like 5 hits or something.A veno certainly can't live through 5 hits of an archer(not counting bramble guard from which u can run away)

1. Venos run faster than archers so no, no running.

2. light armor or good con builds can take more then 5 hits (counting heiro)

3. the bleed counts as one skill because after the veno is dead it will keep going so that technically is a 3-4 hit

4. I only survive after the bee bleeds me if im lucky and it misses twice, like i said if it hits me once I'm dead.

5. This is also assuming the WF is 7x, 8x veno hit me higher than 900, assuming its not cancer or other silly bloodlust that don't realize there's a damage reduction in the air and come out and die 6+ times in a row on there aviation =|
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Ripping bite is bugged but it's actually not that bad considering it will be just worse when Phoenix is out.

5. This is also assuming the WF is 7x, 8x veno hit me higher than 900, assuming its not cancer or other silly bloodlust that don't realize there's a damage reduction in the air and come out and die 6+ times in a row on there aviation =|

Why do you name drop my guild when you actually left your guild to join us and only went back because your friends bugged you about it? And you even apologized about it to me in PMs, Panzy.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Envy - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Options
    dekciw wrote: »
    Ripping bite is bugged but it's actually not that bad considering it will be just worse when Phoenix is out.

Why do you name drop my guild when you actually left your guild to join us and only went back because your friends bugged you about it? And you even apologized about it to me in PMs, Panzy.
    because you guyz are the only guild that ever tryed to ganked me on aviation =\

I DIDNT MEAN ANYTHING BY IT IM SORRY WARMACHINE b:surrender
  • ina1166
    ina1166 Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    HERE COMES THE MOTHER FKCING BEE IM GOING TO DIE

I LMAO' d for some reason....
    88 FIRE! An "anti-tank" projectile, accompanied by an AC-130 are on their way to ensure insanity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ciser
    ciser Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    -_-
    WTF does nerf means ?
    and
    i took a veno cuz of the pet, i was a cleric to begin with
    though it's only 32 and deleted him xD
    and .. wizards aren't that good with me
    clerics are
    thier heals are about 2.2hits so why don' the GM reduce them a bit
    yea right
    every class has his good and bad points :)
    b:bye
  • xxraynaxx
    xxraynaxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Kill the owner before the pet gets to you.
    If the owner dies, the pet goes down with it.
  • xlovex
    xlovex Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Well yea sure, while you're at it

1) use magic on bms and barbs!
    2) use physical attacks on robe wearers
    3) use your stuns
    4) omg wtf why can't you beat any class?

Well again, of course that sort of advice works, and is generally the strategy most people adopt.

Furthermore, "nerf x class" doesn't really mean anything. Lets be more specific.

The problem is, how are you going to catch a veno?

If a veno has a heiro, you're basically screwed. Their soul transfusion means they have 2 hp bars. If you can't spike ~2.5x their base hp in 10 seconds, just give up. Soul transfusion does even take a spark, it takes -up- to one spark. First suggestion:

1) make soul transfusion actually require 1 spark

Now venos have the fastest base run in the game with summer sprint, the only classes that can catch them with temp buffs are bms and archers. But how do you hold them in place? Stuns you say.

Well, if you're a bm, unless the veno is blind, they'll throw up a bramble hood, and you'll just twiddle your thumbs for 15 seconds. Oh but wait, you wasted your cloud sprint and tiger leap just to get to her, now she has 15 seconds to run away. Hmm. Good luck keeping this up while you're bleeding.

If you're an archer you might have a chance, if you can stun them long enough. 2 stuns + those thunder skills, she'll probably die.

If you're a wizard, you're doing piddling damage to the veno, who can just get close, wail on you with fox skills, and you're dead, if her pet hasn't killed you first.

If you're a cleric, i do believe you actually have a chance. Plume rips through their def, and your seals are great.

barb, i have no experience with, so go figure. i don't think you can catch up to a veno though.

veno vs veno, i guess they'd just fox form and wail on each other.

so we have, archer, cleric > veno > bm,barb,wiz

thats not actually too bad?

The main thing i think people have problems is, when you're fighting a veno, you're not fighting one person, you're fighting 2. and both have scary dps, and are blazingly fast. they can kite you forever, pet or veno.

I have a question, how hard is it to kill the pet? Basically if you kill the pet, the veno has to run away. They can't res it in time, and even if they have spares, its still 6 seconds to summon another. Veno dps isn't nearly as good as archer or cleric, and they're not as tanky either.

I think, therefore, there need to be 2 changes.

1) soul transfusion should take 1 spark.
    2) pet bleed should be subject to fixing. Thats just blatantly broken.

What does everyone think?

EDIT: proofreading.
  • xlovex
    xlovex Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Sorry about the double post, but I wanted a separate one because this is about something else...

I was reading the combat script that the guy posted, and I was wondering, why didn't you outrange the veno?

Max spell range is about 26m, while max arrow range, w/o sage, is 30 m.

that should get you at least one skill off before the veno can. So, use that time to stun them? then lightning then second stun, then pull off one of your bleeds or poisons?

true they can send their pet at you before then. but can you really not kill a pet in that time?

if you spammed your dd on the pet, i'm pretty sure it'd go down pretty fast. and when the veno tries to resummon (assuming she has spares), just wail on her.

i really don't see how the archer would lose actually.
  • Burjis - Heavens Tear
    Burjis - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I would say lower the pet damage in pvp and it will be a good step forward to balancing them.
  • Lotus - Lost City
    Lotus - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options

Venos get owned in pvp until lvl 60+ usually. FFS play a veno before you going saying their so powerful and easy. We're freaking as squishy as an AFK cleric, mainly cause it takes a longer amount of time to lock on to a PKer then get the pet to attack, than it does for them to kill us with our limited hp.
  • Kusaku - Lost City
    Kusaku - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I dont mind the veno dmg to much although they are definatly he easiest class

The thing i dislike is there Debuff spell... its just so danm cruel

U see im a cleric and i more or less only buy buff spells and due to this venos make me look nice and weak.

I dueled a veno and they just kept removing my buffs....
    This was made harsher by the fact that they were using my buffs anyway ^^

its always bad to get beaten by your own buffs ^^

I think the cooldown time on Debuff should be long like a few minuits instead of the short time that it is^^
    So for my bad spelling ^^
    CUTE THINGS ><
    Dieing with style and skill since 1989

Frav Qoute :
    "Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."
  • Danoula - Sanctuary
    Danoula - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Lol i'm a veno, and we have low hit points, i think thats most of the resaon we get pets >< Our attacks are sort of slow, but if you can get to us befro the pet kills you, we'd be toast.. of coarse depending from player to player that is.
  • Tara - Lost City
    Tara - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    While you are at it, may as well nerf archer damage as well because they hit me too hard, and wizards hit too hard as well so nerf that too.

Get the picture? Don't be selfish because a class can beat you.

Totally agree nerf them all let GMs sort them out b:laugh