Action against XP Scroll Scam

Comments

• Haken - Sanctuary
    Haken - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    And you seem to forget that this relationship is a symbiosis.

They keep doing that, I'll leave and take my money with me.
    It's not, like in your analogy, a store I may or may not go into and buy something, it's a store luring you inside with free candy then telling you that you have to pay 20 bucks for a drink if the candy made you thirsty.

I'll gladly pay for a F2P game cuz someone's gotta do it but either make decent or no events at all, stuff like this is a slap in the face.
    That's where the "whinging" seems to stem from, not from the denial of the exp-boost but the way events are run in the first place.

Gotta keep your players happy, one should think they'd know that.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    where did they lure you then tell you to pay ? I dont see any scam like that here

Reminder: 5.3k player =/= 6k player.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Haken - Sanctuary
    Haken - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I give up, can't argue with 0 reading comprehension.
    No offense.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Still dont see a valid reason for this to be considered scam.
    Only ppl that post, get proven wrong, then leave.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• Meatshield - Lost City
    Meatshield - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Not a scam, just a BAD event.

TBH.
    Pray for mercy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When kneeling before us gets old.
    RQClan.com
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    And you seem to forget that this relationship is a symbiosis.

They keep doing that, I'll leave and take my money with me.
    It's not, like in your analogy, a store I may or may not go into and buy something, it's a store luring you inside with free candy then telling you that you have to pay 20 bucks for a drink if the candy made you thirsty.
    Wow, what a clever and diabolical money making scheme that would be! You should start a business that sells drinks, and be all underhanded by giving away free salty snacks like pretzels and nuts. You'd make a killing taking advantage of your customers like that!

OH WAIT, every bar in the world does that already (including the part where they charge more for drinks than you'd pay in the supermarket). It turns out that no one minds. But maybe there's a difference between the consumers of refreshing adult beverages and the kids that play MMOs. I wonder what it could be...
  • Twilyte - Heavens Tear
    Twilyte - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I don't feel cheated at all (but then again, I am not someone trying to race through a game...I play at a more "leisurely" pace). They set a goal, and we came up short.

I never really liked the whole 1.5exp idea, to be honest. Power gamers will pull further ahead increasing the gap between them and more casual players. This would come into play in PvP and TW, most likely.

Instead, I offer this suggestion in compensation for what was a damned fine advertising effort by this gaming community:

Instead of 1.5exp, how about 1.5 drop rate for a week as a reward for the effort. Many other versions offered this without catastrophic impact on in game economy. In fact, it made many things more affordable for those newer or more casual gamers since it translated into a better chance at those items dropping.

Just my 2 cents. If we race to level cap, there will just be more players standing around with our thumbs in our bums wanting more content. I'd rather have more gold in my pockets to buy better stuff to make the content we do have that much more enjoyable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drussella - Sanctuary
    Drussella - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    There was no 3rd party to check, so the outcome was questionable to begin with. It could be anything they want.

Beh i dont care anymore, i'm on PW till part 2 of the game i realy play comes out. Its like the least annoying elevatormusic ^^
  • Ajriaz_skaya - Heavens Tear
    Ajriaz_skaya - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    YOUR THE ADDICTS THAT NEED ARE CASH ( ... ... ) Profits are good yes but Your comunity of players respecting the game makers is a hella of alot more important.

Good sentiments and thanks are worthless, they do not pay the bills.
    The real world is like this.

You want something from me ? Pay or make do without.
    You want something from PWI ? Pay or make do without.
    You want something from the whole planet ? Pay or make do without.

I hate the real world rules. But there's no alternative. :(
    Instead of 1.5exp, how about 1.5 drop rate for a week as a reward for the effort. Many other versions offered this without catastrophic impact on in game economy. In fact, it made many things more affordable for those newer or more casual gamers since it translated into a better chance at those items dropping.

Nae ^^ Let's just stock away to create a shortage then sell away a few bundles at a time at 170% of their real value ^^
    ** Howls to the moon ** MONEYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jebbediah - Lost City
    Jebbediah - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    These people agasnt what the gamemakers did will understand in about a year when thier's less then 500 people playing the pwi game and it goes **** up like all the rest of those Asian based mmorpg's that dont have a clue as to what thier paying population want and demand.

BOYYCOTT THE PAYSHOP BOYYCOTT THE PAYSHOP!

lol that even rhymed = )

Now to go post on 100 diffrent game portal's and websites the deception at hand.
  • Ash - Heavens Tear
    Ash - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    lol they ripped us off, or at least the ppl that added them to myspace

so they didnt reach 6000, why not give 1.5 xp for 4-5 days then? or at least a decent 50% OFF, wtf is 20% anyway, why not make it 17.4131 %

It's ok, because we can delete them from our myspace again, which I intend to do. Yes, I feel scammed. By now I feel they're only in it for the money.. as I've been playing this game a while now. They're way too obvious about it, and if they'd focus more on making a great game and less on being all about the money, in the end they'd probably draw more success meaning more money to themselves. But whatever.

Going to delete them from my myspace now because yes I feel screwed over. I'd advise everyone else who feels the same to do the same.

I will still probably play a bit but not as much as I was playing before because playing this game requires you to spend a ridiculous amount of money just to lvl your character and have fun and have inventory space for all your stupid DQ items.................

yep, it's a scam, imho. The way it's currently set up and run it appears to be run by a group of cons and thieves. Cash shop items should be things we want, not things we need.
  • Ash - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    5380 ppl are getting blown off for 620 ppl being lazy.

I like to be removed from the friends list please. He/She who is so careless about "friends" can and may not call him/herself my friend. Oww wait i can do that myself... (done)

Making a 89% full glass empty is immature.

"**** you guys, i'm going home!" : Cartman

Agreed!!!!
  • starman17
    starman17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    why do people keep saying that there was no way we could hit 6k friends?

As if by hitting 5300, we hit our absolute max potential. I don't think that's true.
  • Ash - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    erethizon1 wrote: »
    That is not what is "wrong" with society at all. If you only reward for complete and total success you just teach people not to bother with anything they are not 100% certain they can succeed at. If they were to have another even just like this one they would have much lower turn out because they just taught people not to bother trying.

If it were not too much work what they really should have done is given the 50% exp bonus only to those people that added PW as a myspace friend. That would have encouraged more people to participate next time (and I say that as one of the people that did not add them as a myspace friend and thus would not get the reward).

You are so right, my friend.

Unfortunately I would not get the exp either now as I WAS one of the first 2000 people to friend them but I just now deleted them from my friends because they suck, plain and simple. For more reasons than just this. Such a great game design. Shame on them for being so GREEDY. It's in extremely poor taste and just despicable.
  • Zezixx - Lost City
    Zezixx - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I didn't even bother signing up to their friends list in the first place.

I have a myspace account that alot of people would call a *Myspace **** Account* (No I am not cussing thats actually what its called) The reason it is called that is because you go out and use these programs to get alot of myspace friends, etc. I could have EASILY gotten PWI 2-3k friends in 2 days, but I chose to stay out of this event for one reason, and one reason only. --

They ONLY did this event to get more people to play their game to get more money, they obviously aren't very good at marketing because I work at Gamestop and nobody who I work with has ever even heard of Perect World International, they have heard of the other versions, but not this one. Kinda sad eh?

You guys should just give us FUN events such as EXP bonus instead of us having to add you to myspace 6000 times... Thats kinda greedy when all you need to do is change a tiny bit of code...

To the people who actually did participate in this event, I'm sorry.. You should feel cheated and used..

I really don't care about an exp gain much myself, but guys... The people who participated in this event got you REALLY close to 6000 and all they get is 20% off exp scrolls? Thats harsh... If you want money, give them 50% off AT LEAST.

Also, as my final statement -- Give me a santa hat!!!! b:victory
    Don't call me stupid because I'm less smart than you won't ever be.
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    So they should reward getting close ?
    Hey, I got 80% exp can you just let me get to the next level please ?
    Hey, I almost pass that test, can you just value my effort and let me advance ?
    Hey I almost get in college, it's just 3 points more can you just give'em to me coz I almost get there ?
    List goes on....

If your goal is to teach someone to do something you want them to do, then yes, you need to reward getting close. If you want to teach your baby to walk across the room and he gets 80% of the way there do you totally ignore him and act as if he is a total failure? No, you praise him as if he did exactly what you wanted because that will encourage him to try it again.

All the people that added PWI as a myspace friend did exactly what they were supposed to do, but because the rest of us did not help them they get nothing for their efforts. All that does is encourage them to never try again since they cannot control the behavior of the rest of us.

As for your examples, these would be examples of what currently happened...

You got 80% of a level, we are going to drop you down to 0% because you did not make it to 100.
    You got a B on the test, I am giving you a zero in my grade book because you did not get an A.
    You did not get into Harvard so I am not letting you go to Community College either. Enjoy your life time job at McDonalds.

There is a gigantic different between total failure and total success. Too many people think that those are the only two choices. The problem is, when you are actually trying to teach people or animals the behaviors that you want them to learn rewarding partial success is many times more effective than not doing so. It is virtually impossible to train animals without rewarding partial success (unless you resort to heavy animal cruelty) and while it is possible to train people without rewarding partial success it is much, much harder. All the people that did add PWI to their friends list did exactly what they were supposed to do and got no positive reinforcement because the rest of us did not help. All they learned was not to bother helping PWI get free advertising in the future.
  • Ash - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    erethizon1 wrote: »
    If your goal is to teach someone to do something you want them to do, then yes, you need to reward getting close. If you want to teach your baby to walk across the room and he gets 80% of the way there do you totally ignore him and act as if he is a total failure? No, you praise him as if he did exactly what you wanted because that will encourage him to try it again.

All the people that added PWI as a myspace friend did exactly what they were supposed to do, but because the rest of us did not help them they get nothing for their efforts. All that does is encourage them to never try again since they cannot control the behavior of the rest of us.

As for your examples, these would be examples of what currently happened...

You got 80% of a level, we are going to drop you down to 0% because you did not make it to 100.
    You got a B on the test, I am giving you a zero in my grade book because you did not get an A.
    You did not get into Harvard so I am not letting you go to Community College either. Enjoy your life time job at McDonalds.

There is a gigantic different between total failure and total success. Too many people think that those are the only two choices. The problem is, when you are actually trying to teach people or animals the behaviors that you want them to learn rewarding partial success is many times more effective than not doing so. It is virtually impossible to train animals without rewarding partial success (unless you resort to heavy animal cruelty) and while it is possible to train people without rewarding partial success it is much, much harder. All the people that did add PWI to their friends list did exactly what they were supposed to do and got no positive reinforcement because the rest of us did not help. All they learned was not to bother helping PWI get free advertising in the future.

**APPLAUSE**

Thank you!

PWI hasn't got a clue how to run a company or their game, imho. Not to mention human psychology. If they keep going on with their current ways of doing things, they might achieve some momentary success, but they'll burn out fast.

A business cannot truly succeed for long without LOYAL customers. And you do not create those this way.

People aren't feeling scammed for no reason!!
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    This was total failure, was the goal getting almost there ? no
    Deal: 6k
    Deal not met.
    Reward ? none unless they feel like it.

If the test required A to move on to the next level and you got B, no reward (like getting into college for example)
    If you got to 80%, you're still not getting that other 20% out of good will and there will be no extra rewards.
    Your refutal of the 3rd one didnt make sense, how is not getting into one college related to another ? dunno.

Still dont see a valid reason (and these crying topics wont change anything anyway).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• Neverwas - Heavens Tear
    Neverwas - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    ash, erethizon1, and all the other like minded posters, i agree 100%. i understand that PWI needs to make money, i understand that the cash shop is their means of keeping this game going BUT i'm really getting tired of these completely ridiculous and GREED driven tactics.

listen up "masterminds" behind PWI "events"......you just basically said F*CK YOU to all of the people who DID sign up for the myspace event. that's how they feel, and rightfully so. the game they were trying to help, gave them the wonderful reward of 20% off an item you still have to shell out money for. let me repeat........a DISCOUNT ON AN ITEM YOU HAVE TO SHELL OUT REAL MONEY FOR! and a measly 20% discount at that.

want to make your loyal players happy?......want to keep the players you have?.........want to have those people recommend this game to their friends? then you SHOULD have said......

"Well guys, we didn't quite make our goal but we are so happy that so many of our loyal players signed up. As our way of saying thanks, we have decided to give everyone 1.25% (or the full 1.5%, whatever) extra exp this week! Thank you to all those who participated and thank you for playing Perfect World International."

get it? that's what keeps players happy. that's what makes them tell their friends, "hey, PWI is a cool game you should try it!" instead they're saying "PWI is ok, but it's really all about money and their events totally suck. they don't care about their players."

do you think many (if any) of the 5300 people, or whatever the final number was, will ever do this sort of thing for PWI again after this? no, they will say to hell with it since they got such a crappy "thank you" this time. you may think that this (and the other posts here) are just the rants of a few people but i assure you there are more people who feel this way than you realize. it's not about just this one event but pretty much all of them and the way this game is run in general, refer a friend is a total greedy joke.

Lessie, i understand your point about not hitting the goal = no prize, but PWI is trying to gain new players, and keep it's old players on top of that. sure in other areas of business if you don't make the goal you don't get the reward, but that doesn't really apply in marketing to gain a new player base. you have to offer your customers some freebies every now and then to keep them from going to other products (games). and that especially applies to a game that is dependent on a cash shop. you have to give people incentives to stick around and not move on to another game that isn't all about the money.

PWI will not do well in the long run with these sort of tactics. these posts indeed may not change anything but PWI will eventually reap the consequences of their mistakes if they don't start doing things a little differently. keep people coming back for more, instead of driving people away. PWI really needs to reevaluate it's tactics. the future of this game seriously depends on it.
  • Ajriaz_skaya - Heavens Tear
    Ajriaz_skaya - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    @erethizon1 : I counter your argument with itself.

School deal : learn to the best of your abilities and have the best grades possible. ( proportional reward ). If you don't get over C overall you don't graduate and may be expelled. ( fixed goal )

PWI deal : if you don't get over 6k you don't get XP ( fixed deal )

The terms were CLEARLY STATED from the beginning and agreed upon by those who participated. Goal not reached ? Bye and thanks for the fish.

In addition, would you be one of my subcontractors, not only you wouldn't be paid for a nearly reached goal, but moreover I would jump at your throat and try to sue you for the loss of earnings according to the terms we agreed upon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ash - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Ppl seem to forget PWI is in it to MAKE MONEY.
    No they dont host these servers, get the updates, do maintenance, go solve problems in game, etc. out of good will.
    "Sales" are good to bring in more cash, PWI is doing one omg what a crime !!

Do you go and cry in front of every store that makes a sale ? sounds ridiculus doesnt it ? well that's pretty much what you're doing here simply because the sale got "reward" in it's advertisement.

This is the problem.... when people think running a business/making sales means bad ethics/total lack of principles is acceptible or even positive. That such deceptive and shady practices are acceptible because it's a "business". Good businesses use good business ethics. Bad businesses/scam artists and cons use bad business ethics and practices. Need you really ask why so many people are feeling scammed of late? i.e... Do you have at least a few functioning neurons left in that brain of yours?

The business itself may even believe it's good for them to pursue shady fast money-making schemes, but it's really not because lack of respect does not bring you more business.. it loses you business. So really, shady schemes and underhanded practices benefit no one. Neither the customers nor the company. So why do such things persist?

I guess maybe because human beings are not so bright as they like to think that they are?

PS: Methinks Lessie secretly works for PWI.... :D Either that or see above. She's arguing a little too enthusiastically against her own benefit. :D
  • Ash - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    So what was the definition of a scam again? Because I definitely think the nature of PWI's attempts to earn money from their players most certaintly falls on the shady side........

It's far from respectable or admirable, and there are businesses in the world believe it or not that conduct their business in ways that can be seen that way. And make a fortune doing it too!! Making a fortune need not = sleazy cons. My only point!

This event was just one more example out of dozens now where PWI is acting in sleazy, unrespectable ways. I could handle it without a thought if it was the only one, but it is not.

Sorry to rant so much. I'm just extremely disappointed as I was so delighted by this game when I first discovered it, not knowing it was organized this way, as you can't see it yet at the lower levels either (another sleazy trick).
  • rekk9
    rekk9 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    ash, erethizon1, and all the other like minded posters, i agree 100%. i understand that PWI needs to make money, i understand that the cash shop is their means of keeping this game going BUT i'm really getting tired of these completely ridiculous and GREED driven tactics.

listen up "masterminds" behind PWI "events"......you just basically said F*CK YOU to all of the people who DID sign up for the myspace event. that's how they feel, and rightfully so. the game they were trying to help, gave them the wonderful reward of 20% off an item you still have to shell out money for. let me repeat........a DISCOUNT ON AN ITEM YOU HAVE TO SHELL OUT REAL MONEY FOR! and a measly 20% discount at that.

want to make your loyal players happy?......want to keep the players you have?.........want to have those people recommend this game to their friends? then you SHOULD have said......

"Well guys, we didn't quite make our goal but we are so happy that so many of our loyal players signed up. As our way of saying thanks, we have decided to give everyone 1.25% (or the full 1.5%, whatever) extra exp this week! Thank you to all those who participated and thank you for playing Perfect World International."

get it? that's what keeps players happy. that's what makes them tell their friends, "hey, PWI is a cool game you should try it!" instead they're saying "PWI is ok, but it's really all about money and their events totally suck. they don't care about their players."

do you think many (if any) of the 5300 people, or whatever the final number was, will ever do this sort of thing for PWI again after this? no, they will say to hell with it since they got such a crappy "thank you" this time. you may think that this (and the other posts here) are just the rants of a few people but i assure you there are more people who feel this way than you realize. it's not about just this one event but pretty much all of them and the way this game is run in general, refer a friend is a total greedy joke.

Lessie, i understand your point about not hitting the goal = no prize, but PWI is trying to gain new players, and keep it's old players on top of that. sure in other areas of business if you don't make the goal you don't get the reward, but that doesn't really apply in marketing to gain a new player base. you have to offer your customers some freebies every now and then to keep them from going to other products (games). and that especially applies to a game that is dependent on a cash shop. you have to give people incentives to stick around and not move on to another game that isn't all about the money.

PWI will not do well in the long run with these sort of tactics. these posts indeed may not change anything but PWI will eventually reap the consequences of their mistakes if they don't start doing things a little differently. keep people coming back for more, instead of driving people away. PWI really needs to reevaluate it's tactics. the future of this game seriously depends on it.

I agree 100000%!! You took the words right out of my mouth! b:victory
  • Ash - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    rekk9 wrote: »
    I agree 100000%!! You took the words right out of my mouth! b:victory

Me too! Great post Neverwas!
  • dtz
    dtz Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    So what was the definition of a scam again? Because I definitely think the nature of PWI's attempts to earn money from their players most certaintly falls on the shady side........
    How, exactly, is this a scam? You were told that if you got 6000 friends you'd get 150% xp. You did not get 6000 friends, so you did not get the 150% xp. Just because you're not satisfied with the consolation price (that was never even promised in the first place) doesn't make it a scam.
    Rank 8 Foundry Grand Master

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild.
  • theshazzbot
    theshazzbot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Worst thread title ever? Scam??? Hardly. Here's how i know this event is no 'scam.' As I type this dvorak and xarfox are working behind the scenes to get some positive news to those who actively participated in this event. They really want to see the participants rewarded. Why would they go through all this trouble if this event is a 'scam.' Silliness abounds....
    Remember, posting on these forums is not a right - It's a PRIVILEGE!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thus the ShazzBot has spoken...
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I don't mean to be off topic....

But am I the only one who isn't sure what myspace is?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited November 2008

They got many players from the myspace event that's for sure, even if some left (leaving because you didnt get rewarded for NOT getting what was required for reward seems rlly pathetic imo), the player base number wont change.
    Oh that applies a lot in marketing, I dont buy stuff with 80% of the money, look at that big paragraph someone posted about getting stuff done halfways.

Still dont see a valid reason for a reward b:chuckle

Look at the admin's post, it looks like we'll get a reward even tho we didnt reach the goal and cant really ask for one.
    And we go and call it all a scam, hilarious.
    This is the problem.... when people think running a business/making sales means bad ethics/total lack of principles is acceptible or even positive. That such deceptive and shady practices are acceptible because it's a "business". Good businesses use good business ethics. Bad businesses/scam artists and cons use bad business ethics and practices. Need you really ask why so many people are feeling scammed of late? i.e... Do you have at least a few functioning neurons left in that brain of yours?

The business itself may even believe it's good for them to pursue shady fast money-making schemes, but it's really not because lack of respect does not bring you more business.. it loses you business. So really, shady schemes and underhanded practices benefit no one. Neither the customers nor the company. So why do such things persist?

I guess maybe because human beings are not so bright as they like to think that they are?

PS: Methinks Lessie secretly works for PWI.... :D Either that or see above. She's arguing a little too enthusiastically against her own benefit. :D

Just because I disagree with you it doesnt mean I work for PWI b:pleased I'd love extra exp but just because I want it doesnt mean I'm going to call'em scammers or talk a bunch of **** for my own benefit, they havent done anything wrong if you look at it from a business perspective.
    Propose deal
    One side doesnt reach it's end of the deal.
    Deal is off.
    Scam ? 99.9% of the world's companies are full of scam if that's true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• Neverwas - Heavens Tear
    Neverwas - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Oh that applies a lot in marketing, I dont buy stuff with 80% of the money

Marketing doesn't necessarily mean buying stuff. It's promoting the product, getting the word out about how great your product is compared to the competition, giving people incentives to use your product over the others. Ever go to a supermarket and see the free samples given out for the new products? That's marketing. Also, your statement regarding players leaving because of this but they gained new players so the number won't change, this insinuates that this is not a problem. This would be considered a big problem for a marketing team. When you're promoting a new product, like this new game, you want to increase your numbers as much as possible. Even if the numbers stayed the same, not seeing an increase after this Myspace event would be considered a failure of the event, by any marketing firm in the world.

Yes, in most areas of business (and life) you shouldn't get something for nothing, and usually don't, BUT when you are promoting new products and NEED new customers for your business to survive, offering incentives and perks is a common practice. Think of a business firm giving freebies to a potential client, schmoozing them with free gifts, etc. all in hopes of getting their business. You could argue this with a "game" trying to get new players but that's exactly what the Myspace event was about. They lured their current player base, with hopes of free exp, to recruit more players for them. When a customer base does something out of the norm (like signing up for Myspace and supporting this game) there should be some sort of reward for them, NOT a minuscule 20% discount on an item they still have to pay for and may not necessarily want or need.

Does PWI "have to do this"? Of course not. Yet the point is the so called "reward" these people got for going out of their way to do something for this company, isn't considered a reward at all by a large number of people and they are angry, especially by those who question the validity of the numbers (people getting booted from PWI's friend's list on Myspace). This is not a wise move for PWI since they are "trying to grow". They cannot afford to make their players angry and distrustful of them at this point.

This single event is not why some people (myself included) are getting so pissed off at PWI. It's all the events and how the game is run in general. It's time after time of "give us money, give us money, give us money" with no relief or reward (unless we pay for it). The most successful online games usually do have, at least occasionally, events or times when they give actual free stuff or bonuses. They "give" to their loyal players when PWI's perception of giving is offering a new cash shop item. PWI has every right to do this, but it's not a smart way to handle a new game that needs players. Some people will argue that "This is PWI, not some other game. This is the way the game is and if you don't like it, don't play it." That is of course true however PWI will not have long term success if they continue to run the game in this way because more people will eventually decide to go to another game that gives more to it's players (keeping their interests up) and does not take half their paycheck.
  • Ash - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    They got many players from the myspace event that's for sure, even if some left (leaving because you didnt get rewarded for NOT getting what was required for reward seems rlly pathetic imo)

Lessie,

I didn't delete them from my myspace because I didn't get rewarded for this one tiny single little event, I deleted them because as Neverwas said, I am deathly sick of these constant greed driven tactics that seem to run the show for them and are completely transparent to me and some others, if sadly not to everyone or to you. They seem to be the heart of PW and are totally ruining the game experience and all of the fun.

I deleted them because their game is being driven by Greed, not creativity or concern for their players. And the blatant disrespect and disregard being shown for their players.. (oh yes, their paying ones too and I have paid for lots of things in the cash shop). Understand yet??

It's so very greed driven and total disregard for their players and customers.

Please tell me you're not that dense. Please tell me you get it now. Because I got your point a long time ago. And I get what you're saying, and actually agree with you for the most part on that one small point if you weren't missing the big picture. I was never upset by just this event alone. I just hope you will finally understand someday that it's not this single one event that is upsetting most of us... it is most EVERYTHING to do with the way the game design and events are arranged and set up around the cash shop. Like the halloween event. SO GREEDY.

I have no issues with spending money on a good game I enjoy even. But underhanded business practices I can't support.. sorry.

So if they wanted to recify my respect for them at this point, they would have to do a lot more than merely reward me for helping promote them on myspace. Like quit with the greed driven tactics completely, for a start.. and try getting rich the honorable way.. by making a good game that people want to play and selling items we want (don't need) at reasonable prices (storage and exp and mana should be free!!!!). They might be surprised to find it works just as well.
    Scam ? 99.9% of the world's companies are full of scam if that's true.

I would not say 99.9% but I would say at least 70 or 80% sadly.. because people are stupid and/or put up with it. Just like what goes on in politics. But if we get more into that this thread will never end.... Regardless, if many companies and people are doing something wrong, that doesn't make that wrong a right or make anything truly better for anyone in any way. It just drags the whole world and everyone in it down. Wonder now why the world's such a mess?

PWI has a hell of a lot of creative potential they're pissing down the toilet with these greedy schemes. Which I find extremely sad. It could be a great game, if only..... someone in charge actually cared about something else but the almighty dollar. You can care about more than one thing at a time and succeed in more areas than one, but some people are too dense to realize that maybe? Must be.
This discussion has been closed.