Halloween event. POOR.

Options

Comments

• Ifriday - Heavens Tear
    Ifriday - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I'm afraid this "event" was just a large "WTF" for me. As stated already - it was no-where near the quality expected in a MMO of this kind - and most of your players ARE experienced in other MMOs. I would suggest that your Dev team play a few other games already mentioned in this thread and see for themselves the level of work actually expected from you by your players for ingame events such as this. An item which will show your characters "ingame age" (permanent and untradable - which these costumes could well have been) for your players to dust off and show at future events, has incredible (e-peen) value in a game like this - one opportunity lost because you didn't THINK.

And yes, this event showed me the true motivation behind this company - profit alone and nothing else. I do not make a habit of criticizing when others are doing it quite well for me, but this event made me just go "bleh". I am also not a fanboi like Liethe who just accepts everything and grovels in thankfulness - I will open my mouth and say something when I am not happy with it even though I am still happily playing the game. No event at all would have been better than a half-assed one that just made a large proportion of your players go "wtf?".

I second Specgoesemo - unless you guys take a long hard look at what your players are saying at all levels, you are going to see that mass exodus when those other games go live.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elsavita - Heavens Tear
    Elsavita - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    We're taking all the feedback that everyone has provided and will be putting together bigger and better events in the future.

Thanks for the notice. I appreciate that. b:thanks
  • Aurumfaramon - Heavens Tear
    Aurumfaramon - Heavens Tear Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    We're taking all the feedback that everyone has provided and will be putting together bigger and better events in the future.

Christmas is coming and we hope you will figure out a fair and just event for all levels, I am sure you can stuff things into make your money
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aaronq
    aaronq Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    what a rip off you have to pay 100k just for some stupid candy which is only worth 2500 each!!!!!!!
    this was a complete let down.
    i want a refund!!!!!
    edited October 2008
    Options
    no you paid 100k or 1 guardian Angel for the chance of something good >.<

its like al gambling more people will loose out then people will gain >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    My Suggestion for further events (maybe the christmas one) would be to have mobs drop christmas related items. Or they could drop tickets that you can then turn in for a random prize. They ran many such events on Flyff, they were always a success, made grinding fun and you actually had to work to get things (kill mobs) instead of playing a game of chance with a hefty amount of money in game/real life cash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    Options
    My Suggestion for further events (maybe the christmas one) would be to have mobs drop christmas related items. Or they could drop tickets that you can then turn in for a random prize. They ran many such events on Flyff, they were always a success, made grinding fun and you actually had to work to get things (kill mobs) instead of playing a game of chance with a hefty amount of money in game/real life cash.

Yah they did that on Ragnarok Online too, a way for them to further there monetary needs would be to also release some christmas related cotumes and mounts maybe some swords, and like with the boa make them lower min level so as to push all those little rich kiddies into buying them ^^.

That way it is optional thing still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Originalsin - Sanctuary
    Originalsin - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Ok, lets put this insto perspective, yes, the game is for the most part free, theres a cash shop for getting some "cool" items, but so long as the morons who bought like 100-200 GA's for this event are still around, events like this are all we can expect in the future becuase it makes the corporation profit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    WiccanWay Recruiting ACTIVE lvl40+ players, PM or mail Dylann for more information. Thank you.
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Ok, lets put this insto perspective, yes, the game is for the most part free, theres a cash shop for getting some "cool" items, but so long as the morons who bought like 100-200 GA's for this event are still around, events like this are all we can expect in the future becuase it makes the corporation profit

Yes but maybe we can push it so there is two boxes >.<

like one from monsters and one from say buying a bloody santas hat and giving it to NPC, they both give certain CS items (obviously special ones for that time of year) either the same for both boxes or slightly better ones from buying the boxes i.e. say its a flying thing one could be 2 speed and the non bought one could be 1.5 speed, they cna make the non bought boxes drop pretty regularly and thus making it so that people get both a free and none free chance?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    Options
    a free and none free chance

While that would be an excellent idea, the reality is that it wont happen so long as there are people with credit cards on the game. Like any "good"corporation, this game will cater to those that have deep pockets in real life and leave the rest of us hung out to dry. its the truth of reality, and it sucks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    WiccanWay Recruiting ACTIVE lvl40+ players, PM or mail Dylann for more information. Thank you.
  • Mysticode - Sanctuary
    Mysticode - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I want to just be realistic here for a second.

This international version of PW is new, the GM team isn't big, and the dev team is busy working on things beyond events. They threw together a small event, probably what was within their development means, and tried their best. These events are new for this server, so you can expect them to be "perfect" the first time. They make the event, see how it goes, get feedback, and try to improve it for the next time. Just be thankful we got an event, and be hopeful in the future they will improve.
  • Revengex - Heavens Tear
    Revengex - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    45 dolls and only got belt and amu >:(
    "lol those n00bz were totally suxx0rz" - COL.da_p1mp
  • Dsyndicate - Heavens Tear
    Dsyndicate - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Speaking of devs taking feedback, what would you like to see for Christmas?

-If HOUSES are out by then they could sales or have a chance to win house decorations.
    (I have been looking forward to houses on ever version I played!)

-Win FREE&PERMANENT Santa hats in game and have the rest of the outfit in CS.
    (Everyone deserves a hat but in all fairness to PWI if you want the full outfit you should buy it)

-Take the world map TEXTURES and replace them with snow covered textures.
    (This should be pretty easy to do. Should take about a few hours in photo shop lol)
    PS. Could you make it snow everywhere? =D
    PPS. Oops, Forgot about the trees! X.x

-A few lights, Christmas trees and decor in towns and cities.
    (Not as easy as turning everything white but worth it!)

-Santa fireworks. Launch a firework to see Santa ride across the sky and drop presents.
    (Something for the kiddies!)

-Flying Reindeer Mount!

-Mystery gift! By a Gift from the CS for 10-20 silver and mail it to a friend to get a random Item.
    (Purely profit on this idea BUT PWI needs money and you could afford to pay 20c to get your friends gifts.)
    PS. Or you could trade the gift to select NPCs to get a SPECIAL Christmas quest with the chance to win a Flying Rain Deer Mount.

-Santa flys into a RANDOM major city ONCE A DAY at RANDOM times to give out presents that could give anything from COAL to a MOUNT!
    (LMAO coal, or even coal dust! I been a really bad boy!)

OK my brain is tapped....
    edited October 2008
    Options
    VERY good idea, unfortuneately seeing as this game is relatively new and STILL owned by corp. odds of it happening are slim. still we can hope for the best right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elsavita - Heavens Tear
    Elsavita - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Yup. Let's hope for the best,

b:pleased
  • Celebren - Heavens Tear
    Celebren - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    1. playing since 3 weeks now, i dont have 100k to waste for a vanishing small chance of getting a good item
    2. playing since 3 weeks now, i dont spent real money for a game, if i'm not quite sure it is worth to do.
    3. the costums didnt make me think about halloween, they look moore like the first try of making clothes.

i think one or two points (or more) are also for other ppl around here, so a lot of ppl just had to pass by this event.

i dont critizes it and blame anyone for - just my two cents to events, cash shop and gameplay

Its the 3rd game i play where the DEVS are from an eastern country (most times korean) and all 3 games have the nearly same problems.

Gameplay as we are used to (states and european) is quite different to the one in the eastern world
    awards for graphic, effects, music are more important for eastern DEVs then for good, funny and sophisticating gameplay
    cash shop politic (get as much as you can, try every way and trick to make ppl pay - nothing else is interesting) is the main concern
    bugfixing is something you cant earn real money with - so speaking words of whisdom "let it be"
    events yes - but try to make ppl pay more then usual
    could be continued

i dont want to break down all of those issues to this game here and the admins and again i dont blame anyone for anything. There are games which are much worse (like sword ..) I think its just a question in generell - what comes first and last longer

a) no matter what the game offers or not --> a handfull ppl who pay for it
    or
    b) a good, funny and sophisticating game(play), events where a lot of happy ppl spent their money
    justice might be blind - but i also see in darkness
  • Mysticode - Sanctuary
    Mysticode - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Speaking of devs taking feedback, what would you like to see for Christmas?

-If HOUSES are out by then they could sales or have a chance to win house decorations.
    (I have been looking forward to houses on ever version I played!)

I don't see those being done anytime soon.

-Win FREE&PERMANENT Santa hats in game and have the rest of the outfit in CS.
    (Everyone deserves a hat but in all fairness to PWI if you want the full outfit you should buy it)

Need to make sure those santa hats can't be traded, otherwise they will infiltrate the economy and ruin it Runescape style

-Take the world map TEXTURES and replace them with snow covered textures.
    (This should be pretty easy to do. Should take about a few hours in photo shop lol)
    PS. Could you make it snow everywhere? =D
    PPS. Oops, Forgot about the trees! X.x

This would take far too long. Simply adding some white snow graphics to textures is going to look like ****. You need to model in actual 3D snow so that we can walk in it and such, otherwise it will be ****.

-A few lights, Christmas trees and decor in towns and cities.
    (Not as easy as turning everything white but worth it!)

One of the more common MMO xmas modifications for the world, always fun.

-Santa fireworks. Launch a firework to see Santa ride across the sky and drop presents.
    (Something for the kiddies!)

Bwahahah! Terrific idea, I love it :)

-Flying Reindeer Mount!

That's a fun idea, hopefully available to ALL levels

-Mystery gift! By a Gift from the CS for 10-20 silver and mail it to a friend to get a random Item.
    (Purely profit on this idea BUT PWI needs money and you could afford to pay 20c to get your friends gifts.)
    PS. Or you could trade the gift to select NPCs to get a SPECIAL Christmas quest with the chance to win a Flying Rain Deer Mount.

Now you're using your noodle, the best part of Christmas :D

-Santa flys into a RANDOM major city ONCE A DAY at RANDOM times to give out presents that could give anything from COAL to a MOUNT!
    (LMAO coal, or even coal dust! I been a really bad boy!)

A bit farfetche, and hard to pull off in my opinion from a dev standpoint.

OK my brain is tapped....

My replies are in red above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

How about some other faith things? Christmas isn't the only festive holiday, how about some Hanukkah menorahs or Kwanzaa candelabras :D
  • zamaris
    zamaris Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    You know, since folks (Many under 21 or even 18) were using real money to buy dolls for a chance to win in game prizes, this may constitute gambling. In the US, such gambling is illegal unless allowed by local/state law. I know in my home state of Nevada, the Halloween Event WOULD be considered gambling and therefore be subject to the Gaming Commission's (the board that governs all gambling in NV) rules.

I am no lawyer, but just a thought and possible heads up.
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    You know, since folks (Many under 21 or even 18) were using real money to buy dolls for a chance to win in game prizes, this may constitute gambling. In the US, such gambling is illegal unless allowed by local/state law
    Gambling laws require that you a) gamble for a thing of value, and b) that you take possession of a thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    This event was probably done very quickly, so there was not much to it.

What I disliked :
    - the fact that the items (armor/weapons) were limited to level 49, thus making them totally useless for higher level players.
    - the halloween fashion that were not halloween fashion, but merely fashion from the cash shop.
    - there was no real halloween feeling in the game, no special decoration or anything like that

What I liked :
    - the +30 attack bonus item (I'll miss it after maintenance...)
    - the fact that the temporary fashion and item were free, so everyone was able to beneficiate from the event.
    - you were able to buy the gift boxes with game money, so technically everyone could participate

All in all, it was not a bad event, but it was not an exceptional one either. But at least they made something. Let's see what they'll come up for Christmas, with them having more time to prepare something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Jebbediah - Lost City
    Jebbediah - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Sadly, runescape has some of the best holiday events I've ever seen, even for the free players. And yeah, permanent holiday items are a plus, but where would you keep them with such a small bank?

I must agree Runescape is the best event maker from any mmorpg ive ever played.long well thought out story lines quests within quests that are too be continued..Costumes that are non tradeable but last for the rest of your playing time and! a place to store all your cool outfits!

Runescape truely is one of the best event maker's in the mmorpg world.
  • Jebbediah - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Same... If there was 0/5, I will vote for it...Really disappointed in the Halloween Event... The clothes aren't permanent...

Try about 50 Guardian Angel, but all I get was just a 'Headless Necklace' or whatever it's call, and 49 are candy treats and box... with some funny boring pills...

Perhaps developer or GM can look more into this kind of event, like decorate the place, or even have special quest... Like this it will be more fun and enjoyable... Don't makes us feels that you are just out to earn $, and that's it...

Gm's. 8x ^^
  • Jebbediah - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I want to just be realistic here for a second.

This international version of PW is new, the GM team isn't big, and the dev team is busy working on things beyond events. They threw together a small event, probably what was within their development means, and tried their best. These events are new for this server, so you can expect them to be "perfect" the first time. They make the event, see how it goes, get feedback, and try to improve it for the next time. Just be thankful we got an event, and be hopeful in the future they will improve.

This kind of thinking only add's to the population of scammer mmorpg's run by kids in weird countries that take your money and promise you a good game but never deliver.check out legend of mir3,helbreath int and deicide. these are prime examples of mmorpg's run by student who are actually just thieves who buy unfinished games..
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    3/5

*The chances of getting the aerocraft, or the mount were ridiculous. One friend of mine spent $40 on dolls, and only got treats.
    *Remove the shards from the list of things you can get, really unneeded.
    *People who were new to the game could not really participate because they could not afford Guardian Angels, did not know what they were, or did not have 100,000 coins. An event should be well-rounded to all players, not a select few.
    *Jonas' Blessing was truly awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ash - Heavens Tear
    Ash - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I'm definitely starting to think this game is all about the $$$$$$ and could care less about the players... for more reason than one. Which is a huge shame because it has so many great things about it and has so much potential... But as I get higher in lvl I find I'm starting to get bored of all the repetitive grinding/lack of imagination combined with the constant sneaky attempts to get my money... charms, overpriced clothing, bank expansion stones, etc etc... Shame. I'm getting bored. And I was in love with this game when I found it. It just has so much potential. Very sad. It's not living up to it's potential because it's too concerned with making money. There has to be a point where it's not about the money anymore.... Sadly in our culture, principles and the act of creating something great just to make it great always seems to take a back seat to the almighty $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
  • vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    In my opinion, this event would have been recieved better by most of the players if the turn in item was just some random, rare drop that everything (within your level range) has a chance of dropping... removing the whole "you must use cashshop" feel to it. From an item that had a technical cost (1 gold = 100k ratio) of 30k or less, and people selling them for 40-50k each, to the requirement of people buying gold to get those items, it just seemed ALOT too greedy for me to enjoy. Granted, this event probably paid the server costs through the year, but has left alot of people with a bad taste in their mouth. There were no halloween themed happenings in game, there was no holiday from TW so that we could focus on less serious matters, and had little relation to halloween other than the names of some things, or the appearance of others (swan?!) The disheartening thing about all of this is that it wouldn't be suprising if many of those things that were added with this event weren't used again as normal cash shop items. Which means more player extortion in the long run. Yes, we are not forced into buying anything from the cash shop, technically, but we end up being at a significant disadvantage if we don't, especially if the attacl/damage bonus items ever make a comeback. As is, that 30% damage has been making life hard for tanks in PvP, a bought bonus would just totally **** things over.
  • Cosmos - Heavens Tear
    Cosmos - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    The Guild Wars Halloween event is running until November 2nd.

If they can check it out, that should really let the PWI team know everything they done wrong (or, I should say, didn't do at all.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kinohki - Lost City
    Kinohki - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Sadly, the Kin must post NEGATIVE FEEDBACK for this event.

First off, The Kin spent 20$ in dolls. Every last gold and silver went to them, just to see what The Kin would get and hopefully get a mount or so.

What did the Kin get you ask? Why, the Kin got a truck load of UNHAPPINESS! Simply put, The Kin got about 600 treats, something like 20ish candy boxes a weapon box and an ornament box. Out of the weapon box came a 3* SLINGSHOT. (The Kin is a blademaster: Useless item no.1)

And out of the box came a 3* level 45 or 48 Pendant which was worse than the 3* pendant The Kin wears now. So all in all, it was a bum effort. Those horrible odds alone bummed The Kin out to where he didn't play for 3 days afterwards. Even then it made The Kin sick to log on, knowing that he got absolutely nothing out of 20$ other than about 145k (for the slingshot he sold.) Was hoping to get a midnight or even a wing or flying mount. Something usable or sellable. After all, 20$ in dolls is what? 40-50+ dolls? That should certainly warrant SOMETHING. Even then trying a few times afterwards still brought nothing but more treats and or candy boxes. No headless pendant, no sword, no midnight, no wnigs. All in all, The Kin was disappointed in this event. Furthermore spending 100k per chance is simply ridiculous. Skills alone are 20-30k a pop or more at level 40 so keeping any cash is really difficult.

For the people who say TL:DR The short version.

The Kin spent 20$ worth of dolls on the cash shop and 100k PER TRY is far too expensive. With the odds, it should have been left at 10k per try.
  • Thelegion - Lost City
    Thelegion - Lost City Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Crappest halloween event I've seen at any MMORPG.
    b:angryb:shockedb:shockedb:angryb
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • imaginos
    imaginos Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I was also forced to vote for 1/5, due to lack of 0/5 option. I guess the only thing that would keep it from being 0/5 in any event would be that the event seems to actually function, or so the rumors go. Luckily I only wasted 100k and one angel before realizing this event was just a waste of time. Still trying to figure out in what way it's especially Halloween-themed. I also play a free FPS game that has been having a Halloween event, and they have items available which are actually holiday-appropriate, such as backpacks shaped like coffins and helmets shaped like pumpkins. Sure, in some of the maps having a big orange spheroid in place of your head just screams "shoot here please", due to it being just about the only orange object you'd find anywhere on the map, but at least it's something people would associate with the holiday. Also, the 'headshot' personal notification displays a broken pumpkin instead of the usual graphic--sweet. b:laugh So anyway, yeah, count me completely unimpressed with this fairly transparent money grab.

Just a quick note to the GMs if they're considering a Christmas event: Santa is famous for giving people things, not charging them for nothing (and no, those stupid little random-buff-for-2-minutes-or-whatever candies do not constitute "something"). If your grand vision about distribution of items for such an event strays much beyond "here ya go, ho ho ho", don't even bother. Especially given how jaded many players seem to be after this abomination.