Halloween event. POOR.

Options
13»

Comments

• Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    The funny things is. 60 people out of 67 that voted 1/5 would have voted much better if they had been a bit more lucky.

People are just nitpicking here for having 'wasted' cash and coins without a real gain. If you decide to gamble don't be pissed if you lose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crash - Heavens Tear
    Crash - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    its got nothing to do with being unlucky and getting jack all
    i got the necklace and the belt of the headless horseman and i got the goose mount for the barb/veno and im still completly unimpressed about this event,
    even if i got the midnight i still wud have hated this event cos it has NOTHING to do with halloween at all, apart from the halloween candy and the boxes but big woop, its not like they do anything so special thats actualy worth blowing 100k or 30-50k on dolls for.

they best not do the same for christmas if they plan to make an event up, like Kinohki said, santa gives out presents for free, not charges u an arm and a leg for something barly important. i hope the GM's do something for the players, and i mean EVERY1 to enjoy, give out some damn free items even if they do expire, stop being so tite.
    retired from PWI server Heavens Tear, October 2008
    want to start on Harshlands ASAP!
  • Elsavita - Heavens Tear
    Elsavita - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    The funny things is. 60 people out of 67 that voted 1/5 would have voted much better if they had been a bit more lucky.

People are just nitpicking here for having 'wasted' cash and coins without a real gain. If you decide to gamble don't be pissed if you lose.

I don't agree with you on that at all.

Let's say i've won a Midnight out of a box, why would I rate this event 5/5 ? or any higher?

The event just sucked, and you and me know it did.
    The fact I got lucky by recieving a wealthy item out of a box, does not makes me taking the decision that the event is great.

This event was not even halloween related. Comone, if they would have changed everything in-game that says ''halloween'' into ''Christmas'' you would have believed it.
  • Taneth - Sanctuary
    Taneth - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    i agree with a lot of this thread, about how succy halloween event was and upon reading and hear how bad lucked some ppl were with ga's, n boxes , im glad i never went as far and spen rl cash just for the event, only part i liked was the free costume which was lv 30 btw on a low level, was sellable for 3000 the lot, which i sold right away,and the attack charm thingy, but thats all i just went about questing n gathering, which gave me more than anything any player spending heaps of rl cash to win, ........... what i didnt like like that contant system message so n so just got midnight- which is a replicated mount from WoW warlock mount, after i really DIDNT care to know who got what, and cant wait till the events finished, and i DO agree with another thread, i have GW and they go all out for event's there, i love to play pw still but events are really dismal and mostly to all only cater for higher levels........and just one more since there NO option to vote 0/5 i had but one choice to 1/5 ............
  • Meelan - Heavens Tear
    Meelan - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I thought it stunk...i could only afford to try about 5 times cause i didn't have enough to keep buying charms from ppl and still get my skills for my char. All i got was some stupid candy. I've play other online games and usually they have some kind of drop from mobs so everyone has equal chance. Never had to pay for anything before...an event such as this should have been free. It wasn't an event..its was just another way to make money off those who would buy zen to sell charms and make in game money. Not all of us can spend our hard earned money on a game. In case you haven't noticed the economy is in the toilet at the moment and I for one choose to put a roof over my head rather than waste my money on a game event. And i agree with one of the other posters..where were the halloween decorations in the game? would have been cool to have some bats and ghosties running around. So my vote is POOR!
  • pwhan
    pwhan Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Of course people are complaining mostly because they felt they got nothing from the event. However, that doesn't necessarily mean an item of worth. that could mean for many, a high level of entertainment. An event worthy of reverie in which one might be able to call upon at some point in the future.

X: "Hey, Y, remember back at Halloween when the three major racial cities were attacked by ghoulish horsemen with giant pumpkin heads?"
    Y: "Yeah, that was cool. especially when their heads exploded at death and dropped all sorts of goodies."
    X: "Totally. And when the three racial elders became animated, leading everyone on a chase to find the Pumpkin-headed ghoul's mastermind, giving everyone that participated a permanent "badge" for the defense of their land."

It is the experience itself that most are referring to with the opinions expressed in this thread. Yes, there would obviously be less complaint in general if everyone had gotten an item worth remembering. However, there would be far more positive response had everyone gotten an experience worth remembering.

Please do not respond to my opinion as if I am disgruntled at not receiving an item. I received at least one of all of the items and several of many. One Midnight, one Nakir's, two Wings of Daedalus, three Israfel's, numerous ornament, armor, and weapon boxes, 25-30 of each soul gem, 6k+ treats, and 400+ candy boxes. I still would not call that lucky considering even were I to sell all of the items and add that to the 5 million coins from vendoring the candies (my mouse hand is still sore), that is only about 10% or less of the real cash I spent if converted.

The point of this thread is how well did you like it as an overall Halloween event. IMO, as far as Halloween events go, I am quite disappointed and that is reflected in my vote. As I and others have surmised, they can make it even worse by devaluing the items won by placing them in the cash shop. What most of us are saying is that we hope that they learn from this attempt. The voice of the GMs has spoken here to assure us that they have. we shall see.

And to the previous poster that called those willing to spend real money "morons". You should learn to be thankful for us morons for you are riding on our backs. If not for us morons, you would not be playing PW or other similar games. At least not any worth playing. Money makes the Perfect World go round.
  • paganb
    paganb Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options

Not me :P I voted 1/5 cuase a slot machine isn't halloweeny at all, the only thing I saw in the whole thing that came close was the horse...

I saw where it was going pretty early and didn't bother, it's kinda sad that we didn't even get something as base as a trick or treat event.
    One of my friends plays CoH and they had a zombie invasion hehe, in some areas zombies just started popping out of the ground near players, I think he said it was ontop of the trick or treating.
    I remember Hero Online (back when I tried it) had candy dropping off of xp mobs that turned in for halloween items.

It's not that they couldn't have run a more apropriat event, they just didn't run anything most people considered fun.
  • Taneth - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    Options
    yes, i tend to agree with pwhand moron speech, but spending rl cash in game is a choice , not an option ifu dont want then dont, , jsut others go a little over board and sink way to much in the hope of getting something actually good, which they dont for all their trouble, to imop the % of of getting something good, was pwhan get all it seems, being say 10% the other ninety % were jsut getting candy n ****........... also pagans post reminded how even in WoW u had way better when i used to play but dont , is easter u used to have to hunt for eggs, which when eaten gave buffs, halloween like in another post, a pumpkin head rider would attack small town n such at certain time which gave all levels a thrill to attack even, but even tho PW gms have read feedback, i serously hope next event caters something decent for all levels , not just high ones, and a little more event scenery add too, just to add to the event in gamers feel / experiance.............. ty
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Yup.

This event was just Halloween Off-Topic lol.
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    PWI shows that they want business.. not fun.. they overpriced the **** cash shop. make stupid events that needs cash shop stuff.. they created events like myspace sht event to know the player count and tries to give 1.5x exp+ so people would buy charm and exp scroll to spam zhen party.

and also the referral sht event that also needs cash shop. All their events are connected to cash shop.. the only event that was not connected to cash shop was the boss events "which is also a big failure" the makeover event also needs cash shop. In all my life playing F2P MMORPG this is the only server that gives ridiculous events that always need real money. well, creating those kinds of events won't be a nuisance except the CS price are too fking expensive. it's been 2 months and no changes.

that's pwi for yah~
  • oyabunneko
    oyabunneko Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I'm used to ffxi events where you can quest for permanent holiday gear. Yeah it's fun to run around with a holiday lvl2 weapon and bash high level mobs with it every once in a while.

I guess I was lucky and made out pretty well. But the whole idea of temp items and having to buy into the event is pretty rude to your customer base....

I gave it a 1/5 because it was a better event than the MYpw event where the gm's would drop 1 item in town and give a hint, then any anyone in town at the time would have to run like stampeding cattle to fit it....

There's holiday clothes listed on the AH. Make it something attainable in game for everyone (not just lv50+ in a full PT). Game events should be for everyone and anyone. Like find Santa in the frozen north for your gift or something. It might take 6hrs on foot avoiding mobs at lvl1, but you could actually accomplish something like that.
  • Apothicus - Lost City
    Apothicus - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Seems to be alot of angst in this thread lol. Well I do agree that the Halloween event was really not based for the entire PW playing community. Paying Ole Jolly 100k or spending alot on CS angels to obtain the event holiday box was targeted to the those high lvl enough to afford 100K coin or those paying real money. But thank you for the event nonetheless. My suggestion is this. I would have made the event holiday boxes a drop from the monsters we grind or quest on everyday. This would allow eveyone in the PW community to get something. Of course those that are willing to buy charms and so on to extend thier " omg imma get that horse drop" grinding sessions would have more from the event.
  • Taneth - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    Options
    ok, i agree oyabunneko, and other simiar type threads in this, and while this may sound like another winge, i do understand that using rl cash for in game purposes, keeps the game relative free from monthly costs so to spk
    but at the same time the way i see it, greed, has been given a huge growth spurt, all in all it just seems greed has current control , and if i could afford once more to play warcraft monthly costs, i think i would go back to playing that, while this game is so much like it in many ways, . ive tried other rp morph games with an option to use rl cash but no way on those was it as bad from a was told by others, ......... but halloween is over with now, lets all hope for a more interesting less cash shop dependant next event = ) shall we ?
  • Bunnygogo - Sanctuary
    Bunnygogo - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I'd vote 0/5 but that wasn't one of the options.

Just sold the fairy **** as soon as i could to the vendor for 3k. Makes for decent starting out monies ^^

Could care less about events in general anyways, but I don't remember seeing anything that resembled a Halloween event during the time of this alleged event that everyone is talking about.

Oh wait, you must mean the NPC in all the starter areas who has 3 quests?

One to get a decent item, which is instant gratification, the trinket thingy.
    One to get an outfit that isn't too 'Halloween-y'. More of an Easter or something lame like that, outfit.
    One to pay a bunch of monies(in-game monies), pay a bunch of monies anyways to complete(cash-shop angels), or more in-game monies to buy the angels from other players ^^.

Who at lower levels, besides people who already have other characters which make the monies for their other characters, has that kind of monies to waste on chance ^^.

All around, it wasn't well planned or executed, and was not enjoyable one bit, even by those that use the cash shop.
    b:heartb:heartb:heart b:heartb:heartb:heart b:heartb:heartb:heart

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:heartb:heartb:heart b:heartb:heartb:heart b:heartb:heartb:heart
  • Lecher - Sanctuary
    Lecher - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    phate wrote: »
    Sounds like you just fail in general. Why would you ever spend that much on dolls when you could have just sold them and bought the item that you wanted instead of leaving it to chance? You deserve what you got.

yeah, um kinda harsh...

so where was it you went to buy Midnight, Phate?

noone on my server was selling one? and after using 4 dolls i got one eventhough i bought 80 dolls to begin with.... i sure as hell am never gonna sell mine, period
  • Foreverxx - Sanctuary
    Foreverxx - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    It was dreadful :( This was my first event to upon joining this game T_T
    edited November 2008
    Options
    It was dreadful :( This was my first event to upon joining this game T_T

Jup. My first one too.

I hope Christmas is going to be better.
  • Kaelis - Heavens Tear
    Kaelis - Heavens Tear Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    yeah, um kinda harsh...

so where was it you went to buy Midnight, Phate?

noone on my server was selling one? and after using 4 dolls i got one eventhough i bought 80 dolls to begin with.... i sure as hell am never gonna sell mine, period

on our server people are spamming that they are selling midnight is hundreds of people with midnight i see like people walking around on midnight having no idea how to play the game but someone gave it to them >.< so they walking round on midnight lost asking where they are cos they just ran somewhere on it

best thing was the horseman gear imo
  • Tara - Lost City
    Tara - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    ok i gave 2/5 because of the +30 attack thing was nice (what it had to do with Halloween is beyond me)
    the clothes hmm female lvl 10 male lvl 30??? my character made it to 28 and the event is gone great work there ????

Presents i used 100 got nothing treats and junk yeah for pumpkin heads....(so you deffinately got your moneys worth outta me)

yeah 2/5 almost 1/5 pretty much a money scam as usual not real halloween.. thx again

Ps... was good when they were 10k not 100k :D
    edited November 2008
    Options
    We have to get 100 votes for 1/5 atleast b:thanks
  • Lord biorn - Heavens Tear
    Lord biorn - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I would vote 0 if I could. Bad enough a so called Halloween event that would have been free elsewhere was more pay...I couldn't put on my costume even though I managed a high enough level.....BUT, I got cheated! I started playing the day before Halloween. Built up almost enough money to get the box, hopefully obtain Midnight....only to get banned for a stupid reason as my name having a space in it. If I had known that wasn't allowed, I wouldn't have done it...but to ban for something so stupid! Not only loosing my chance to get Midnight, but loosing all the money and stuff I managed to build in one day. Truely unfair.
  • munzenburger
    munzenburger Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    23 dolls from item shop = all candy

and hmmm LOL fun way to get us to buy from the item shop
  • Pyreon - Heavens Tear
    Pyreon - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I have to say you all fail.

You didn't have to pay for anything, and if you did you fell for it.

I hope you don't take 100k (or equivalence) to a store and buy, for example, a car without having it tested, asking around, finding out what so special about it, etc. In this game you can do everything but a test drive, and if you have good friends you can do that too.

You should have found out what the items gave in general, assumed that chances were very slim that you would get anything, and don't be ****ing ridiculous when you don't get anything.

For people that bought 40-50 and over boxes, double fail, after the 20th box I would have, even if dense, assumed that there was a minimum of 1/21 chances of winning, and after 30, 1/31, and after 50, less than 2% chance of winning anything. The real odd were probably about 5% of getting anything better than candy, and about .5% of getting Midnight, etc.

We all got a free costume rental for several days, and the Jones' Blessing, to me was worth it. They didn't have to give you ****. This is what happens on American servers, we are all spoiled rotten, and have our mommies and daddies get us everything, and expect people to give us a free game AND MORE free ****?

Wtf? Grow up, they are a business, and this event was better than many games, and if they wouldn't have told you there was one, you wouldn't have complained. Sorry you didn't get Midnight, the Wings, The Sword, or wtf ever you wanted, you had no chance, and wasted your money, or mommies money on it anyway....

Maybe you all should've quit bitching the whole time, and grinded using the Jones charm, and noticed how badass it was. To bad you didn't get to take advantage of it, I did, who cares about a ****ing horse anyway, you shouldn't have time to use it, if you are actually playing the game.

P.S. Most of these items will end up in the cashmall anyway, with maybe exception to the horse, but many items will be added, and you better PRAY that they give us a Christmas event after you all acted like spoiled rotten Rubes, because you defintely do not deserve it.

P.P.S I grinded enough over the few days from 3k, to about 4m using the Jones charm, and not only gained serveral levels, but had enough money, had I chosen, to but any item I wanted.

Get over it, and be ashamed of yourselves for wasting mommies money.
  • Pyreon - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    And if you use cash shop and are complaining, you are a ****ing idiot.

Also, you are their favourite customers.
    edited November 2008
    Options
    ''and this event was better than many games''

It was no event.
    The name just included event.

All we could do was clicking on a npc, obtaining a box, opening a box, and voila.
    We recieved 10 days fashion, so? it wasn't even halloween related, it was just some random fashion set that got introduced to PWE.

Shame yourself, there are no other MMO games with worse events like this.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Shame yourself, there are no other MMO games with worse events like this.

Yes there is : PW-MY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Maleta - Lost City
    Maleta - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    i couldnt played this event cuz i started play this server today, but i can say: If you had played PW Brazil, you will love here

There the game have 6 months and we still in Holy Hall of Dusk, and just ONE event
    There the game isnt all translated, have parts in Chinese
    But the Worst, last week had a maintence and they make the WORST thing i saw in any game

They wanted to draw the box of "Ruinas da Selva" (that event is iike a labirint, and i don know the name here") because hackers using Jump **** to take the box that give a good ornament

And they draw ALL minerals, herbs, box and every like this, including itens of quest

and there now is a hell

then i think here is the Paradise
  • Pyreon - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Ten Characters.
  • Jebbediah - Lost City
    Jebbediah - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    im pretty angry about this.I will never again spend money on any events ever again to get that really cool item that noone else has,I will just wait till it's sold in the botique.Yes im pretty angry about this.im sure many Paying players are seriously losing Respect for the way your doing things.

When you stop caring about what your customers are complaining about, you soon start losing customers.

This game is not a "wow" you couldnt even get 6k people to sign your stupid myspace thing and this game cannot afford to lose the respect of it's paying population.Please rethink your strategy! I really like this game and dont wanna see it go **** up in a year.

Sincerly!
    20 year mmorpg vet