Is this game sexist? Definatley yes. Suggestions...

Comments

• Aaratull - Sanctuary
    Aaratull - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Oh please...

Everyone just stop being pathetic and just get the facts straight.

The devs are VERY sexists about women because...

DEVS ARE PERVERTS! b:chuckle

B****@#! b:victory This Tpoic is absolutly pointless!! In fact this is just a game .. have fun and live your RL like u want .. but here u accept the rules of the devs .. ;P
  • Tvali - Lost City
    Tvali - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I really had to read this entire thread....and I think my IQ just dropped 30 points.

I really have nothing to say about the carrying issue. It's too debated, and the main issue (when you get past the surface "who's stronger" posts) is whether or not that can be coded into the game. So no more arguing can change that.

But I've seen other games where the clothes start out skimpy, and then gradually get more formidable as your level rises. Maybe, if they ever raise the level cap, the armor that they would need to add could look more formidable and less skimpy? To show that you're a hardcore player, and not just a casual "I like skimpy clothes" player. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tvali - Director of the wonderful guild Epitaph.
  • Akiriahna - Sanctuary
    Akiriahna - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i rather like the strappy 6" inch heels in the game. first mmorpg i've found with them :D but that's because i enjoy them IRL as well. though i do have to agree with the fact that the woman's annoyingly revealing armor just HAS to go. not completely of course (because they'd never do that) but atleast give us a tempting varriety to choose from other than revealing tops 1 2 and 3, heels 1 2 and 3, and skimpy skirt and leggings 1 2 and 3. maybe real pants, flats or boots and a less revealing top for those who don't wish for their characters to look like... as someone previously stated, "Two bit you know what's".

there are anywhere from 11 to 45 yr olds playing this game from the characters i have met so far. that's a large range of ages. not hard to cater to both tastes by adding a little ammount of variety.

and i've already brought up the gender specific untamed classes. it annoys the hell out of me. I WANT TO PLAY A FEMALE BARBARIAN! one of my favorite classes, but i don't want to run around playing a DUDE. A suggestion for that though, would be keeping the female barbarians like the female venomancers (female base, animal tail and ears) and the male venomancer like the barbarian (almost a full humanoid-like human).
  • Akiriahna - Sanctuary
    Akiriahna - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    and don'te forget the expansion pack coming out december 1st. has anyone bothered to look at the screenshots? they are releasing less-skimpy-more-formidable-glowy-armors. but i have a sneaky suspicion they are going to be for higher level players >.<

and like someone else has already said, it's not whether or not it needs to be done, it's how hard is it to do. you guys can play the game, but if you were to be the ones coding it, i don't think you'd have any idea what you would be doing. it's not as easy as it seems... trust me. i have a basic knowledge of html, and the coding needed to go into this stuff.............. i don't even want to think about it.
  • evrilysis
    evrilysis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Changes won't happen.

Expansion is for higher level content.

Donzo?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • adine
    adine Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Ill be honest i dident read all the posts so if i restate afew points made peviously i apologize.

Claiming the devs to be sexest is a very serious charge first of all and although some of the points are good ones i wouldent use the word sexest to describe them . If you have a right to call any aspect of the game sexest its the bust size element of the game .

as far as the looks of the females armor you will find very similar looks in most MMORPGs Elementalists in Guildwars are a perfect example and are even more scantily clad in some cases. Look for yourself http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Elementalist_armor

as far as the Class descriminations yea ill conceede that point it is a bit but as it was stated if the devs want to do it that way its thier peragative. Also keep in mind its only that one race that i can tell and they are called the Untamed after all so we can asume that they dont have the socital behavors as the other races do .
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    adine wrote: »
    Claiming the devs to be sexest is a very serious charge first ...

No, it's not, many people have sexist idea's, maybe even everyone, so I don't think it's a particularly serious charge.
    ... the looks of the females armor ...
    ... wasn't the main topic.
  • Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear
    Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    b:chuckle a girl carrying a guy looks weird
  • turtlewax
    edited October 2008
    b:chuckle a girl carrying a guy looks weird
    Yes, and that's why I say we're all a bit sexist.
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    all I can say is : can't you just make the god damn game unique? yes we know that the game is called "PERFECT WORLD" but i think your old enough to know that there's nothing perfect in this world.

Need a solution to your ingame problems? make your own MMORPG or let it be >.> I get annoyed when they people suggest the most stupid things. and there's nothing sexist about G@ys and L3sbians cuz their not even a "sex" to begin with. :)
    edited October 2008
    all I can say is : can't you just make the god damn game unique? yes we know that the game is called "PERFECT WORLD" but i think your old enough to know that there's nothing perfect in this world.

Need a solution to your ingame problems? make your own MMORPG

What if some people don't know how to make their own MMORPG
    edited October 2008
    If I knew how to make a new MMORPG, I would be so outta here
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    What if some people don't know how to make their own MMORPG

>.> I wouldn't answer this question if I didn't know this quote "There are no stupid questions but there are stupid people" so here's my answer:

-.- Study
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    Aclucius - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    In case many of you do not know, this game originates from China. Your first question to this would be how is this relevant to why males can't carry males or why females can't carry females? Very simple, China does not recognize homosexuality. I asked my Chinese professor recently if, due to rumors I had heard, China had made homosexuality a crime. His response, after having lived and worked there for seven years, was that China does not acknowledge homosexuality. If you were to ask someone, as he had, they would tell you they do not have it in the country, even though they actually do. This is the answer to your question of same sex embrace feature. It may change, but if the Chinese company has anything to say about it, it won't.

Secondly, I am in full favor of embrace being in different forms, however remember that this game has only been in open beta for two months. DON'T CALL THE DEVELOPERS SEXIST FOR ONLY HAVING WHAT THE CHINESE SERVERS GAVE THEM! Once again, China still has old ideals in their country, so it would only be expected they would have males holding females in such a way. Make the suggestion, show support or rejection, and then move on. There is no need to make insults towards PW staff for any reason, as they have shown a lot more responsibility than the MY-EN servers, especially when it comes to territory war.

So, again, make your suggestions and move on. Discuss the suggestions if you wish, but please do not insult those who do not deserve it.

Happy Gaming b:victory

P.S.: Before anyone tries to say it, this is not me being a hypocrite and insulting you, it is me trying to keep things from escalating for nonsense. Remember, none of the staff are sexist, and they will either implement your suggestions because they see them being of better use as such, or they will not.
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i came to this thread cause i thought the title said sexiest xD
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    >.> I wouldn't answer this question if I didn't know this quote "There are no stupid questions but there are stupid people" so here's my answer:

-.- Study

What if some people dont want to take game creating as a course and they wanna have different jobs
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change.
    -Confucius
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • deathtrap
    deathtrap Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i thought it said sexiest to
  • deathtrap
    deathtrap Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    seriously i mean think about it. a girl who as ive seen the girls are very thin. and imagine a female carryin a huge dude in her arms i mean ACTUALLY THINK ABOUT IT YOU ****TARDS. in real life you try carryin your hubby . tell me how that one works out.
    you dumb butts seriously.

-slightly edited by darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    that's so trueb:victory that's what i said in my first post in this thread
  • Leynora - Sanctuary
    Leynora - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I honestly think the idea of a woman carrying a man is nonsensical. The fact is, that men and women were created differently. Men are physically stronger, and hence, it would make more sense for them to carry women rather than the other way round. Of course, there are some eexceptions, but this is mostly the case in real life. I don't see why women have to act like men, or be 'better' than men; why can't women just act like women?

However, I do agree that women should be allowed to give rides. It happens in real life, even during the medival ages, so I don't see why it shouldn't happen here. Of course, these are only suggestions, so I won't be bothered if they do not implement them.

One thing that really annoys me though, is the women's armour. Honestly, if I were really wearing that, I would feel extremely unsafe. Looking at the designs, it would be extremely easy to be chopped in half if you were a woman wearing that. It would be good if women could be as protected in terms of armour as the men.
  • Craig - Heavens Tear
    Craig - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    As a heterosexual female, I propose that we have lots more sexy men avatars in the game.

I grow tired of watching eye candy cartoon female characters go by.

Give me some hot hot hansome male warriors!

That would make the game more even.

I know my name is Craig, but I only chose to play a male so I could look at a hansome character as I play. I especially enjoyed the Lvl. 3 mithril that showed his muscular torso.
  • Leynora - Sanctuary
    Leynora - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Serious? But there are so many cute guys around... it's making it hard for me to stick to my vows of singlehood!

By the way, your avatar is hot... *drools*
  • cabbitprincess
    cabbitprincess Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    markillian wrote: »
    women are hot

men are not

I just rhymed

I beg to differ, Orlando Bloom is HOT mew ^^
  • cabbitprincess
    cabbitprincess Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    In case many of you do not know, this game originates from China. Your first question to this would be how is this relevant to why males can't carry males or why females can't carry females? Very simple, China does not recognize homosexuality. I asked my Chinese professor recently if, due to rumors I had heard, China had made homosexuality a crime. His response, after having lived and worked there for seven years, was that China does not acknowledge homosexuality. If you were to ask someone, as he had, they would tell you they do not have it in the country, even though they actually do. This is the answer to your question of same sex embrace feature. It may change, but if the Chinese company has anything to say about it, it won't.

Secondly, I am in full favor of embrace being in different forms, however remember that this game has only been in open beta for two months. DON'T CALL THE DEVELOPERS SEXIST FOR ONLY HAVING WHAT THE CHINESE SERVERS GAVE THEM! Once again, China still has old ideals in their country, so it would only be expected they would have males holding females in such a way. Make the suggestion, show support or rejection, and then move on. There is no need to make insults towards PW staff for any reason, as they have shown a lot more responsibility than the MY-EN servers, especially when it comes to territory war.

So, again, make your suggestions and move on. Discuss the suggestions if you wish, but please do not insult those who do not deserve it.

Happy Gaming b:victory

P.S.: Before anyone tries to say it, this is not me being a hypocrite and insulting you, it is me trying to keep things from escalating for nonsense. Remember, none of the staff are sexist, and they will either implement your suggestions because they see them being of better use as such, or they will not.

Yes I realize that mew, but that doesn't make it not sexist. I know nothing will change, but still, the fact remains it's sexist mew >>
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    <sarcasm>

Whatever do you mean the female armor is not ideally suited for protection?

How can you attack/hit something that you're distracted by, by looking at them?

How could you not fend off swords, axes and the like with such stylized armor?

It's kind of like visual shields, ya, go with that b:thanks

</sarcasm>

It bothers me in many games that the dudes have fairly functional armor, but the females have bikinis on. I'm like really? Design credibility goes out the window for me. Not that I don't um mind the visuals, just saying
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary
    Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited October 2008

It bothers me in many games that the dudes have fairly functional armor, but the females have bikinis on. I'm like really? Design credibility goes out the window for me.

It's because we have abs of steel!! b:laugh
  • llamaman
    llamaman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I haven't read the whole thread so I apologize if this has already been said.

First off:
    Having gender restricted classes is not sexist. Both genders have restricted classes. A mere annoyance at worst.

Embracing between a male and a female:
    Restricting embracing to male-female is possibly homophobic. A possible argument for innocence could go as follows:
    There are an infinite number of sexual orientations and the game cannot hope to allow all of them. Surely you don't expect them to allow me to embrace a rabbit? Therefore, they must choose the most common. In this case, this involves a man and a woman.

Embracing:
    Yes, I suppose it is sexist to some extent. I would argue that embracing plays such a small role in the game that the small amount of sexism is closer to oversight. It's impossible to remove all sexism from the game. (Look! All the bankers are men! What is that showing the new generation?)

Carrying and Giving Rides:
    I could certainly see how this would be considered sexist. Whether or not it was intended as being sexist is a different matter. I'd like to believe it was an oversight on the part of the developers.

Non Gender Specific Clothes:
    This is just a matter of effort vs return. The developers would have to model how a male would look in each piece of equipment while most players wouldn't bother even trying.

Effect on Children:
    I was once a child and I think you are overstating the effect it may not even have. By the teenage years, most have already formed opinions on these issues and this game won't have an effect.

Personally, what annoys me most is that there are skimpy outfits for women and not for men. That IS sexist!

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the above. I'll check back.
    Visit my pun blog at:
    havepun.blogspot.com/
  • evrilysis
    evrilysis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Why is this thread still around?

Nothing is gonna change.

But I'm done with this thread, nothing but downies and a furry in self-denial.

Unless of course you guys give me incentive to troll. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • turtlewax
    edited November 2008
    You'd troll anyway, nothing anyone can do about, that's just you being you. :p
This discussion has been closed.