Halloween event. POOR.

Elsavita - Heavens Tear
Elsavita - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
This company is a SHAME for all Companies that host PerfectWorld.

Hello,

Well imo the halloween event was far away from good. it was just SAD.

What did we get to celebrate halloween?
A 10 days lasting winged elf set.

that was all. :S

Well, you did get the opportunity to open a ''mystical box'' for 100k, but why would you pay for a halloween event? isn't it supposed to be free ?

Atleast give us some decent halloween quest? make us trick-or-treat NPC's / Players?
Decorate the town's.
Give us permanent (non-tradable) halloween armor?

Well, you name it.

And giving us some 10 days remaining halloween set is sad.
And then you even have to rip us off by asking for 100k for some stupid box.

I'm very disappointed about this event.

I hope you'll spend some more efford on it, next year.

* Please don't hesitate to vote *
b:bye
Post edited by Elsavita - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Keef - Lost City
    Keef - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    there was no 0/5 option, so i was forced to pick 1/5
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

invictus.lostminions.org
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I'll vote 2/5 for everyone that bought Angels from me for 50k+ each
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elsavita - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    Thanks for your replies.
  • Rezanate - Heavens Tear
    Rezanate - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i used over 80 gaurdian angels. all i got was ONE good wep, 2 sucky ornament, god knows how many halloween treats and around maybe 20-25 candy boxes... -.ob:angry
  • phate
    phate Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i used over 80 gaurdian angels. all i got was ONE good wep, 2 sucky ornament, god knows how many halloween treats and around maybe 20-25 candy boxes... -.ob:angry

Sounds like you just fail in general. Why would you ever spend that much on dolls when you could have just sold them and bought the item that you wanted instead of leaving it to chance? You deserve what you got.
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I liked it. Exspecially the free customes and Jones Blessing<3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elsavita - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    I liked it. Exspecially the free customes and Jones Blessing<3

What is fun about a costume that lasts for only 10 days?
    After that they're selling it in the boutique shop for 8$ per set. Is it just me or are they trying to get cash out of everything? Guardian Angels, Halloween Clothes.

Everyone should have recieved those for free, with a permanently duration.
    And then make them untradable.

So you can't call it ''free costumes''
    1. THEY WERE LEVEL REQUIRED. WTH? SHOULDN"T EVERYONE BE ABLE TO WEAR THEM? IT'S AN PUBLIC EVENT.
    2. THEY LAST FOR 10 DAYS.
    3. THEY COST 8 GOLD PER SET IN BOUTIQUE SHOP.

imo they just try to make money out of everything. And they don't think about anything else.
    You can't attract players to a game when the'res nothing free.
    10 days set? make it permanent, and more people would enjoy playing,
    After a few years, they can show to other players, look I've been playing in 2008.
    If you just add the halloween clothes in the boutique shop, get out, you're a company, thinking about money and not about gameplay/ players.
  • pietjes
    pietjes Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I agree.

Crappest halloween event I've seen at any MMORPG.
  • lightpaw
    lightpaw Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I would have to agree alot with most of this thread. There is a way to get ingame boxes andboxes useing the cash shop... thats ok.

However...the level requirement is dumb as can be.. it took me sevral days of hard grinding and questing to get to 19....yea 20 is a little unfair..
  • pietjes
    pietjes Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    lightpaw wrote: »
    I would have to agree alot with most of this thread. There is a way to get ingame boxes andboxes useing the cash shop... thats ok.

However...the level requirement is dumb as can be.. it took me sevral days of hard grinding and questing to get to 19....yea 20 is a little unfair..

haha, before you're 20. the time on the halloween clothes has run out !

b:shocked
  • Wrathx - Heavens Tear
    Wrathx - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    On my level 14 Cleric, the Halloween Costume I got required me to be level 30 to wear it.b:irritated
  • Crash - Heavens Tear
    Crash - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    lightpaw wrote: »

well for starters your ment to do quests to level up at low levels, not grinding, grinding is for people at level 55+ as quests realy start to shorten up,

but before that, u have quests to get u every level up to level 40 which is where u start grinding like around 20% or so.
    lvl 1-20 should only take like 2 days of playing the game properly.

But on topic, yea this event was poor, it was basicly a way to advertise there new fashion for the females, the fairy skirt, once the 10 days is up, some ppl will be thinking that they want it permantly because it looks good or so.

so basicly this wasnt an event, it was an advertisement and a clever way to rake in the cash by having the new flying mounts that will soon be in the item shop anyway, a low chance random prize from the halloween NPC which got people to possibly spend more money then they would like to, and the same with the ground mount.

the armour/accesories and weapon pack was just a small bonus which sucked anyway as the highiest level item was lvl 40, and im level 70+ which is just another rip off.

the GM's better come through for us in christmas and give us an ACTUAL event where we can do something, other than buy an army of Zen and waste it all on **** and force the zen price to raise up b:angry
    retired from PWI server Heavens Tear, October 2008
    want to start on Harshlands ASAP!
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    We're taking all the feedback that everyone has provided and will be putting together bigger and better events in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aftermathrar
    aftermathrar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Sadly, runescape has some of the best holiday events I've ever seen, even for the free players. And yeah, permanent holiday items are a plus, but where would you keep them with such a small bank?
  • Originalsin - Sanctuary
    Originalsin - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    unfortuneately, i put my hopes up too high for this event, those of us that are broke and cant buy from cash shop, and who never have enough in game coin for the prices of mana pots, were severely screwed out of this event, yes we got a LEVEL REQUIREMENT TEMPORARY costume, but even that is bogus, the costumes should have been more random than just the color. all in all, the true poll option isnt anywhere in sight, -15/5
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    WiccanWay Recruiting ACTIVE lvl40+ players, PM or mail Dylann for more information. Thank you.
  • mysticode
    mysticode Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Sadly, runescape has some of the best holiday events I've ever seen, even for the free players. And yeah, permanent holiday items are a plus, but where would you keep them with such a small bank?

QFT

Runescape holiday events rocked, also, the quests were unique and a load of fun.

The main thing that sucks for this event in my opinion, is how the first day I joined, I spoke to Jolly NPC or w/e his name is, and he gave me some lvl 30 halloween outfit. Too bad I went be lvl 30 anytime soon. How about having multiple outfit possibilities for different ranges of levels? In the future, devs if you're reading this, don't just toss out events without thinking of new players!
  • zombi
    zombi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The event is a complete rip off. This is the ONLY game I've ever played where you have to pay to enjoy yourself. Oh goodie I got an outfit that doesn't last for free -.- Now I have to spend a bunch of either in game money or cash shop money to get the GOOD prizes. It's an unfair event, and I'm hoping they'll rectify it by making the mounts obtainable by other means besides just this event.
  • V_a_l - Heavens Tear
    V_a_l - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Same... If there was 0/5, I will vote for it...Really disappointed in the Halloween Event... The clothes aren't permanent...

Try about 50 Guardian Angel, but all I get was just a 'Headless Necklace' or whatever it's call, and 49 are candy treats and box... with some funny boring pills...

Perhaps developer or GM can look more into this kind of event, like decorate the place, or even have special quest... Like this it will be more fun and enjoyable... Don't makes us feels that you are just out to earn $, and that's it...
    Cherish what you have now... Do not regret when you lose it... =)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Energize - Heavens Tear
    Energize - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It was different.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    GaliNaab here, your neighbourhood friendly male venomancer.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I didn't mind the free costume and ect.. But I thought either 100k or a GA was a bit ridiculous. So I strayed away from buying those boxes :0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Everlusting - Lost City
    Everlusting - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Though I gained quite a bit of profit during this event, I would still say this event is very poor. This is because it isn't really an event at all. Just something to keep us spending money on way overpriced Zen items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeiiy - Heavens Tear
    Jeiiy - Heavens Tear Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    2/5 - just because I got 10 guardian angels free, but still, got nothing.

Reason :

1: The costumes.... DON'T EVEN LOOK HALLOWEEN. The biggest fail -.-
    2: The event is geared to the cash paying customers. Sigh @ people that can/do not want to psend money on the FREE to play game.

Sigh.. complete failure.
  • Zezixx - Lost City
    Zezixx - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Costumes = FAIL

They need cool costumes. I wanna be Spiderman archer, or blademaster Batman.

Come on PWE... Have some fun, be creative, rather than just rip off item mall clothes that are already in other versions of PW and call them "Halloween costumes"

FAIL
    Don't call me stupid because I'm less smart than you won't ever be.
  • kraze1
    kraze1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The main reason I dislike this event is because the option of using dolls as an option of payment (the better option also). What this does is that it sucked massive amount of cash flow into buying dolls which mostly end up being turned into candies. So with the large amount of cash gone, every other cash shop essentials (i.e. heiros, exp scrolls) price has gone up and ending hurting the economy. The only good thing is the atk+30 item so I give the event 2/5.
  • liethe
    liethe Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    first off, I'd rate this THREAD 0/5. getting rather tired of the same kind of people who do this on any F2P game. You're here to play the GAME. which is free in it's entirety, last I checked. It's not called "Perfect Event" or "Event World". The events come and go, they're not supposed to be the main focus. If they don't interest you, ignore them and play the game like you do 80% of the time when there's no event running.

It's mildly amusing to see the people who complain the most, also many times being the same people who spent alot of angels / cash on the event, but just happened to be unlucky and get nothing. If these people HAD gotten like 3 midnights, you'd never see them complaining about the event on the forums.

And about the free temporary costumes, all I have to say is that it reminds me of a spoiled child who is given free candy, but slaps the hand that offers it, and shouts: "NO! I want the BIGGER LOLLIPOP!"

About the event itself, the only legit "complaint" I had with it was that it wasn't really Halloween themed at all. would have liked to see some decorations in towns and whatnot.
  • Wrathx - Heavens Tear
    Wrathx - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    If anything, it would've been nice to get some halloween stuff from killing mobs. I don't think anyone would've really guessed it was a Halloween event either. There were no decorations in game like some other games do, and the "costumes" we were given weren't really halloween like costumes, they were just clothes.
  • Dsyndicate - Heavens Tear
    Dsyndicate - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Ok, I HOPE someone important reads this because I'm about to give away one of the biggest secrets to making a GREAT mmo...

FUN EVENTS. Ill this event said was "Give us your money!"
    Instead of giving us temp outfits from CS you could have made it so we change into game monsters.
    You could have added "Tick-or-Treat" on NPCs to get a treat (like a buff) or a trick (like poisoned).
    Midnight was an OK MAIN prize, but this "pay 100k or buy a GA" was a pathetic event to get him.
    You could have made a Haunted House (maze like the quest cube) where you do quests (some requiring CS items) to explore the rooms in the house for a chance to find Midnight or other GOOD items.
    Take "Another MMO's" (not saying the name) event. The turned players into zombies that could puke or explode infecting other players and turning them into zombies. Now that's fun!

You guys have to be making enough money to do better then this, seriously.
    I hope you do better burring Christmas.
  • Specgoesemo - Lost City
    Specgoesemo - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    liethe wrote: »
    first off, I'd rate this THREAD 0/5. getting rather tired of the same kind of people who do this on any F2P game. You're here to play the GAME. which is free in it's entirety, last I checked. It's not called "Perfect Event" or "Event World". The events come and go, they're not supposed to be the main focus. If they don't interest you, ignore them and play the game like you do 80% of the time when there's no event running.

It's mildly amusing to see the people who complain the most, also many times being the same people who spent alot of angels / cash on the event, but just happened to be unlucky and get nothing. If these people HAD gotten like 3 midnights, you'd never see them complaining about the event on the forums.

And about the free temporary costumes, all I have to say is that it reminds me of a spoiled child who is given free candy, but slaps the hand that offers it, and shouts: "NO! I want the BIGGER LOLLIPOP!"

About the event itself, the only legit "complaint" I had with it was that it wasn't really Halloween themed at all. would have liked to see some decorations in towns and whatnot.

Invalid argument. True this is a game and events are just part of it. But that's just it. THEY ARE PART OF IT! I would HONESTLY rather have no events at all than have events that just suck **** and are used as a scheme to get people to go on a CS frenzy. In my years of playing MMO's I've never seen such a ridiculous event. Everything was over priced in the CS as it was, and now that this so-called "Halloween Event" [I'm confused where the "Halloween" part comes in] has jacked up prices even more. I'll be very surprised if this game lasts any longer than it takes for the new MMO's that everyone is anticipating to come out. Unless this game makes a LOT of changes, I know many players that are gonna say "bye bye" when Diablo 3/StarCraft 2/Guild Wars 2 comes out. Maybe with this competition for players in mind, the game designers will step it up a notch? I seriously doubt it.
  • xarchangelzax
    xarchangelzax Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I know what they could do , Play Guildwars They alway's go all out !!, Decorate everything , Free stuff everywhere , Halloween Quests you name it , I'm sure they could catch a few tips from them !...

Anyway's that's my personal opinion , And i'm sure the ppl on here who has GW will agree to that..
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    What is fun about a costume that lasts for only 10 days?
    After that they're selling it in the boutique shop for 8$ per set. Is it just me or are they trying to get cash out of everything? Guardian Angels, Halloween Clothes.

Everyone should have recieved those for free, with a permanently duration.
    And then make them untradable.

So you can't call it ''free costumes''
    1. THEY WERE LEVEL REQUIRED. WTH? SHOULDN"T EVERYONE BE ABLE TO WEAR THEM? IT'S AN PUBLIC EVENT.
    2. THEY LAST FOR 10 DAYS.
    3. THEY COST 8 GOLD PER SET IN BOUTIQUE SHOP.

imo they just try to make money out of everything. And they don't think about anything else.
    You can't attract players to a game when the'res nothing free.
    10 days set? make it permanent, and more people would enjoy playing,
    After a few years, they can show to other players, look I've been playing in 2008.
    If you just add the halloween clothes in the boutique shop, get out, you're a company, thinking about money and not about gameplay/ players.

It's sad that people always find something to bish and whine about. Yes they were not permanent so what? I enjoy the costume anyway! Who cares they cost 8g? There is more expensive sets in the cash shop.

Giving out permanent clothes would be stupid IMHO, then everyone would run around looking the same, when people realise that they'd buy different boutique items.

I enjoy this event and the free stuff. Great work admins!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]