Genesis Guild

Aurellius - Heavens Tear
Aurellius - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
Hello everyone,
This is my first time presenting myself on these forums and I will have to say many prospects about it interest me.
I know I've been quiet for the most part aside from what you have noticed on world chat of my wishing players luck and happy gaming and so fourth.
I've managed guilds/clans/factions in my past history, and have learned a many good things from the games.
First and foremost, you cannot please everyone.

there will always be someone who hates your guts, who is disgusted in things you do and despises your actions.
Despite any human effort you attempt to do to please certain people, youll always fail in their eyes.
Alot of toil has been played out about Genesis being insincere on our words, or glitching/cheating, however you wish to label it.
I'm here to say that those words are merely slander, people often exclude the human element when it comes to gaming. Everyone makes mistakes, whether intentionally or unintentionally.

People prey on others who make mistakes while taking the focus off themself about the matter at hand.
I know good and well many out there target my guild has a bunch of liars and ignorant players who are absent of being considered humans(metaphorically speaking). They often present to us threats of losing our territories and I'm here to clarify a few things about my guild.
What we do is for enjoyment, because we say we like to have fun does not deny us the right to say every once in a while we want a break.
Drama is something that seems to take foothold in every game, he said this, she said that, they will do this, they will do that.
The threats relayed to myself and my guild about us losing our territory, I will respond saying those threats ring on empty ears.
You select few who have threatened us seem to not realize that our guild isnt founded on the territories we conquer.

Our soul purpose is to one another, helping and building relationships among each of our members.
If you think destroying material things we attain will destroy us, you are far off.
Genesis while we do work to instill sincere and innocent fun is not to be denied of its room for mistakes. We are human just like any other person out there, so to deny us room for mistakes is inhumane.
The glitch we have been accused of in the recent territory war I'll have you know was not a planned occurrence. We have people from many walks of MMORPGs and they learn as they go to take advantage of their resources. I played on the PW-MY servers and have witnessed strategies done there, and coming to the international version I assumed there was a connection.
So it was by my own ignorance that I assumed the tactic was an accepted thing to do, but i assure you it was done unintentionally. There were no orders relayed in any vague or particular way to convey a message to do this so called glitch.

The outlandish private messages and world chats I received that followed I consider immature.
I didnt appreciate them one single bit, flaring your judgements upon someone based only on emotion and ignorance is pure foolishness.
Those of you who claimed to attempt in grasping both side, were sided on your motives prior to conversation.
Now I'm not wanting to start a flame war here, I think people here are/should (be) mature enough to deal with this is a timely and respectful manner.
To the Game moderators, I didnt know this was an inappropriate tactic, so if it was, I apologize and will see to it, it does not occur again.
My guild isnt here for drama, we consist of people who work every day, living every day lives.

We have people who are hardcore gamers, and people who relax playing it when they have time.
My focus is on each person in my guild, to see to it that our community is as friendly and helpful to each other as possible. I understand from games in the past this goes against many trends, but we are here for each other and those who wish to join us.
Everyone else who disapproves of how our guild is managed, and how our members well-being is prioritized, your opinion has been consented but has been passed out the backdoor.
Thank you, and Happy Gaming!
~Aurellius
Genesis Leader
Post edited by Aurellius - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• lazor
    lazor Posts: 36
    edited October 2008
    Im glad u came here and posted this Aurellius, after many talks with you you did not seem the type to do what you had done. I do believe you when you say no order was given. I apolize in public to you for telling you last night to "go f yourself you cheater" I was angry and upset and flashed back to the pw-my days where it was near imposible to play an honest game.

Blaze
    The Empire Guild
  • markillian
    markillian Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    ever heard of paragraphs and indentations?

you know, so that people can read it.
  • Aurellius - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    I usually rely on peoples comprehension capabilities, and patience to account for my lack of paragraph seperation. 0.-
  • lotharsmash
    lotharsmash Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Why would you flame the Genesis guild leader when he is making a clear and non hostile post? Please stop flaming people thats so rude.
  • ultima999
    ultima999 Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Genesis has nothing to worry about. Hiding inside the catapults is not a glitch. If a GM is gonna take action against your guild, then this company needs to train their staffs more about the game.

Otherwise, using the rocks to jump over the wall is glitching the game as well since it is not documented by the TW Administrator.

Read more on the other thread http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=93861 about the value for stacking barbs inside the catapult before you guys start to think that this is the elite way to play.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I usually rely on peoples comprehension capabilities, and patience to account for my lack of paragraph seperation. 0.-

Just don't say that to your English professor and you'll be fine. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
    edited October 2008
    my response wasnt implying that this was the elite way to play, judgements have been flared when if careful consideration of what really happened went on, you would find many wrongs pointed out.
    My guild members were spread out all in their base, they were not isolated and grouped in a specific spot. Venomancers had their pets foward and were standing right where the barbs were standing as well. The catapults were just in place for attacking the HQ, aside from that everyone else was spread out taking in the masses and healing the tanks.
    When I meant it was unintentional, that was another way to say we didnt even intend to do such a thing as hiding in the catapults.
    Bare in mind, we have guild members who are new to this game as well, being barbarians included.
    Some of the tanks ran back towards us a bit for us to heal, then returned again to attack the HQ. Throughout that time, I guess they ended up getting in the catapults, but none the less they were getting hit. There isnt an excuse to say we deliberately and deviously intended this strategy to be done for the sake of trying to undermine the code of fairness.
    It was a battle, you have 60+ people on the field.. it is often quite challenging to review every person and make sure they are being fair. We had a plan, and we fulfilled that plan, I'm sorry if we went off and appeared to be unfair. There is rarely a case where any in game interaction along with real life interaction involving competition is fair.
  • lazor
    lazor Posts: 36
    edited October 2008
    Aurellius....you made you statement now just let it go. Being a forum person myself i no that you will be constantly defending yourself here and prolly in game as well. Any 1 that has talked to you knows you play a fair game...what happened last nite shocked alot of people...in 2 weeks this will all be old news.
    edited October 2008
    ^i know what you mean, that is why im going back to gaming. so woot peeps, have fun!
  • Vixenish - Heavens Tear
    Vixenish - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i have a idea? why doesnt the genisis guild offer dragons the money to big back on the teritory lsot. have dragons bid back on it. and genisis jsut not defend it. and hten dragons willg et there teritory back and everyone will be happy again...
    edited October 2008
    if you go for territory wars, you better go into it with the mindset that you could lose what you earned.
    Territory wars is a competition and in competitions there are winners and losers, not everyone can win, so they shouldnt expect to.
  • Vixenish - Heavens Tear
    Vixenish - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    yea but to show you didnt mean for it to happen and try to get the bashing of your guild to settle. it jsut seem slike a easy fix to all of these posts.
    edited October 2008
    There are no quick fixes to this, if you think giving back a territory will fix this, your wrong.
    Yah it may make people stop complaining publicly if even that, but it will not fix the issue.
    If you glance around at other posts concerning this topic, you will find there is far more of an issue there than just over a territory. So im not going to present a gift to suffice for complaints, it was a mistake, and if enough maturity is present, then they should just move on.
    Its a game, and to bring fourth all this drama is childish..
  • ozzyvirus
    ozzyvirus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i love this guild
    this guilds the best ever, its so much fun and everything if anyone wann join you can PM me on game name called TurkishVirus if you would like to join guild,
    please no haterz

For haterz you see the X icon right top of your srceen cick it you win a prize b:pleasedb:victory
    so yer hope you all have on PW
  • Immortality - Heavens Tear
    Immortality - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    ozzyvirus wrote: »
    i love this guild
    this guilds the best ever, its so much fun and everything if anyone wann join you can PM me on game name called TurkishVirus if you would like to join guild,
    please no haterz

For haterz you see the X icon right top of your srceen cick it you win a prize b:pleasedb:victory
    so yer hope you all have on PW

Dude you fail -.-
  • Fina - Heavens Tear
    Fina - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Aurellius is a really nice guy and runs an extremely respectable guild...there is no way he or his guildmates, from what I know of them, would intentionally abuse a 'glitch' for any reason.

He wrote a really nice post on here too. I have a great deal of respect for him and his guild.
    I read the forums when bored at work for the lulz.
  • Jamay - Lost City
    Jamay - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I don't know what the big deal is, is war and it should be fought however we think we can win it, as long as their is no hacking or whatever gms deam illegal, people should jus mind their own bussines, genesis lost so what, they'll be on the battle field again. so just hush.b:shutup
    edited October 2008
    genesis lost so what
    genesis won, small typo

to follow through though, with real people come real situations, drama is to be expected one way or another. How you deal with it will determine the outcome of the situation.
  • Naris - Heavens Tear
    Naris - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I'd hope you would go into another fight with Dragons with both of you giving your all then.

I can't imagine the people in Dragons are going to let you have peace for very long ehb:laugh?
  • tecoda
    tecoda Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I did not even finish reading the OP's post. Aurellis, If you cannot present your ideas clearly, using correct punctuations, please find someone who can to do it for you.

According to Wikipedia:

A paragraph typically consists of a unifying main point, thought, or idea accompanied by supporting details. The non-fiction paragraph usually begins with the general and moves towards the more specific so as to advance an argument or point of view. Each paragraph builds on what came before and lays the ground for what comes next. Paragraphs generally range three to seven sentences all combined in a single paragraphed statement.
    edited October 2008
    I find your response unwanted and unnecessary...
    I apologize though that I didnt meet your grammatical standards, so perhaps next time I may redeem myself.
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    All I can say is.. if you lose you lose, if you win you win.

exceptions for using abusing glitches, hacks and etc.

I know it's the first time PWI had encountered this type of issue ingame and now we know it's not allowed, so I guess there would be no 2nd time I hope. GL Aurellius~ and keep wasting 10c /10k+ everyday on those teleacoustics.. b:pleased
  • Jebbediah - Lost City
    Jebbediah - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    tecoda wrote: »
    I did not even finish reading the OP's post. Aurellis, If you cannot present your ideas clearly, using correct punctuations, please find someone who can to do it for you.

According to Wikipedia:

A paragraph typically consists of a unifying main point, thought, or idea accompanied by supporting details. The non-fiction paragraph usually begins with the general and moves towards the more specific so as to advance an argument or point of view. Each paragraph builds on what came before and lays the ground for what comes next. Paragraphs generally range three to seven sentences all combined in a single paragraphed statement.

Were not in school.If you cant read perfect english you got serious social problems that need to be addressed.
  • matsurish
    matsurish Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I am disappointed and disheartened by the actions of genesis guild. There actions lacked honor and respect towards a friendly and genuine smaller guild. It took our guild 2 hours to defend the onslaught of a larger and stronger guild, but we died with our heads high and it was an enjoyable and extremely difficult battle. But not even 2 days later, outnumbered 2 to 1 the use of a simple glitch destroyed our hopes of a good battle in under 12 minutes. We were prepared to fight to the death with all our hearts but to find our battle cut short by a simple glitch, not only destroyed the fun of the TW experience but also hurt the entire enjoyment of the game. Your words are bright and colorful and well articulated but it is your choices and actions that define who you are. I look forward to our next encounter, we will be well prepared for your highly tuned glitch manipulation.

It took alot of effort on our part from about 30 members to obtain that territory in just under 3 hours, it was sad to see it go in 12 minutes.

I don't expect any sort of consolidation for this unfortunate event. From what i have seen of the actions of our "devoted" GM's it will be a cold day in hell before anyone sees the light at the end of the tunnel. So i ask this of you and all TW guild attendees. Don't manipulate glitches, enjoy the game and have a good fight......i promise at the end, a loss will never hurt if you fight with all your might . See you in the game!!! cheers
    Matsunami (lowly guild member)
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    tecoda wrote: »

According to Wikipedia:

I did not even finish reading the OP's post. <<<<"a dot? what's next after the sentence? seems like a sentence fragment to me -.-" Aurellis, << what's this comma for? If you cannot present your ideas clearly, << you don't need a comma here using correct punctuations, please find someone who can to << you don't need this too do it for you.

Basically your post is totally fcked up

Wooo. correcting someone's grammar and punctuation is sooo fun.. GJ tecoda [Sarcasm] Learn first before you teach someone how to use punctuations and other English stuff.
  • vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    matsurish wrote: »
    I am disappointed and disheartened by the actions of genesis guild. There actions lacked honor and respect towards a friendly and genuine smaller guild. It took our guild 2 hours to defend the onslaught of a larger and stronger guild, but we died with our heads high and it was an enjoyable and extremely difficult battle. But not even 2 days later, outnumbered 2 to 1 the use of a simple glitch destroyed our hopes of a good battle in under 12 minutes. We were prepared to fight to the death with all our hearts but to find our battle cut short by a simple glitch, not only destroyed the fun of the TW experience but also hurt the entire enjoyment of the game. Your words are bright and colorful and well articulated but it is your choices and actions that define who you are. I look forward to our next encounter, we will be well prepared for your highly tuned glitch manipulation.

It took alot of effort on our part from about 30 members to obtain that territory in just under 3 hours, it was sad to see it go in 12 minutes.

I don't expect any sort of consolidation for this unfortunate event. From what i have seen of the actions of our "devoted" GM's it will be a cold day in hell before anyone sees the light at the end of the tunnel. So i ask this of you and all TW guild attendees. Don't manipulate glitches, enjoy the game and have a good fight......i promise at the end, a loss will never hurt if you fight with all your might . See you in the game!!! cheers
    Matsunami (lowly guild member)

Wait, so you guys defended twice? I thought you attacked them, failed, and then they attacked you. You are aware that it is more difficult to kill the attacking guild's HQ than it is to kill the defending guild's right?

There are 2 more turrets in the attacking guild's base, and the defending guild does not get the bonus to damage that the attacking guild does. Furthermore, when defending, guilds usually try to keep a portion of their group inside THEIR base to DEFEND... When attacking, most guilds go all out and send everything they can at the enemy.

If Genesis did manage to defeat you while defending, it was probably because the difference in guild strength and organizations was that large. Defeating you as quickly as they did when on the attacker's side only serves to back up this possibility. As I said in your thread, all of this really just sounds like some sad excuse for why you lost. Even if you could not click on their tanks, you could certainly have killed off any support classes (BMs or clerics) who were helping keep those tanks alive... Or were they hiding in the catapults too?

Yes, the tactics used may have been a bit underhanded, but was FAR from the sole reason of your loss. You talk about disrespect toward you for using such a tactic, but nobody has mentioned the disrespect toward Genesis by assuming, if not outright stating that they can only win TW by using such a tactic. The numbers, from what I understand, were 2 to 1, the chances of it being a long, drawn out battle are next to none in those situations unless Genesis is all level 40 and below guild. Turrets alone cannot defend your base. You'd honestly be making a stonger argument by contesting their mastery of using hp charms, or clerics to keep their tanks alive, or the TW times being so bad for almost anyone who isn't living on the Pacific coast. Or were you saving that one for later?
  • Aurumfaramon - Heavens Tear
    Aurumfaramon - Heavens Tear Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Apart from lack of spacing your post was pretty perfect Aurellius, I felt you brought over what you thought had happened fine.

I personally feel that even though some of your members took to using the catapult technique until the GM's said that it is a glitch and not allowed you did nothing wrong, at the point of use you were merely doing what seemed a fine tactic and legal tactic.

At the end of the day what is doen is done and can't be undone.

To the end part of this we have learnt that the technique will not be tolerated any more so it should be fine from now on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    To clear up past events and hopefully end a childish exchange of insults, I will share with you a short conversation I had with a GM yesterday.
    October 28th 2008
    fxghjfgxjfgj.jpg
    There so evidently what we did wasnt consider illegal in the game at the time.
    So enough going on the idea that we were trying to purposely exploit a glitch.
    Dragons you speak so loosely of dishonor to where I'm not even sure you understand how hypocritical your being. When will you learn enough is enough, drop it, end it, move on.
    Go ahead and heap whatever more childish remarks you have yet to share, because as far as I'm concerned, wasting my time to even bother responding to you is pointless.
    I've tried reasoning and respectful conversation, after the territory war I told my members to not go off on how we beat you(hence why they reacted saying good game). I even yelled at a select few of my members who couldnt stand against the insults returned towards them from you all. After asking crash if he was apologized to after one of my members had went off on him, he responded very rudely.
    So from my personal perspective I'de say dishonor is more questionable on your guilds part than my own.
  • markillian
    markillian Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Were not in school.If you cant read perfect english you got serious social problems that need to be addressed.

some people don't like it when people don't have the decency to present their writing in a comprehensive manner. The way the first post was written is a bit insulting, it makes it look like the topic starter doesn't care about the people reading.

Paragraphs, proper punctuation etc. are there to make it easier for the people reading, and when you post a huge block of text it shows you don't care about the readers.

So some people find it annoying/insulting.

Its not about being in school, it only takes a bit of extra time to put in paragraphs and make sure everything is easy to read. If you write something in school, for work, or even a letter to someone, you use proper grammar for their sake, why not use proper grammar for other people's sake on the internet?
  • Saiena - Heavens Tear
    Saiena - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I did not even finish reading the OP's post. <<<<"a dot? what's next after the sentence? seems like a sentence fragment to me -.-" Aurellis, << what's this comma for? If you cannot present your ideas clearly, << you don't need a comma here using correct punctuations, please find someone who can to << you don't need this too do it for you.

Basically your post is totally fcked up

Wooo. correcting someone's grammar and punctuation is sooo fun.. GJ tecoda [Sarcasm] Learn first before you teach someone how to use punctuations and other English stuff.

I don't want to add to the flame war, but as an English major, I can't in good conscience leave this alone. ;) The first sentence is not a fragment in any way, shape or form. It's simply a short, correct sentence. It's also typical to add a comma after a name in a sentence that addresses a specific person. The rest is a little awkward, but doesn't violate any gross laws of grammar. In the end, I think he was referring more to the readability of the opening post, rather than, "by the book" rules of grammar.

In the end, everyone makes typos and almost no one on earth uses perfect grammar. However, like you said yourself, learn first. ;)