From Dragons Leader, Whip

carp
carp Posts: 5 Arc User
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
Hello, I don't use these forums much, but here it goes,,, Let me start out by saying much love to the developers of this awsome game that is very inovative! We all know nothing is perfect and we all know this game has "Glitches". These are another way of saying,, this really isn't fair and I guess too expensive for the developers to get fixed. This game has so many apparently, that they are so detrimental, so much even, that you even get banned for using them. So that being said, here goes my point of view about Territory Wars......

I've been in 2 pvp or gvg wars so far,, so don't bother calling me a Noob, I am one,,,to this game. So the first battle we had with Genesis, we attacked, and I knew nothing. The whole time we ran around learning how to do the basics at the start,, we had about even numbers but a bit out numbered we were. So they pushed us back after about 2 hours and started really putting it on... we are on the attack ,and getting attacked instead,, which was awsome on their part!. We knew after that it was futile.....but we never give up!. So They drew back and went for a full on assault to our castle,, Charms and all. So we Charm up and strike them back, only to find we can no longer target the catapaults that are anhialiting our turrets. They are inside them, and you cannot shift click inside the built Turret. So thats that,, Defeat.

You are saying,, you idiot,, you need to alt. click,, Wow these guys are noobs,, don't you know people from MY? Well we don't really know people from MY. and my IP cannot be allowed in their forum. So I didn't read all the threads about how the main MY. strat is to get inside the pixels of a built structure so as to not easily be targeted by anyone. So at this point everyone that I know in the game did not know this....except people from MY. I assume and they didn't say anything to people that I know. and it doesn't seem to be general information or listed anywhere officially by Perfect World Internationl. So again..... clueless,,, Time to Defend.

So we scrape up all our money to blow on this Big huge Defense that only like 25-30 people can make it to because Dragons Twar time has been Monday or Sunday morning at 6am. for most all of our players everytime since day 1 and I guess it never Changes or we are unlucky,,,,oops. We are ready to go and out numbered probably 2 or 3 to one. We set up every Turret simultaneously and boom, Genesis Barbarians are parked "in" the mid Turret. Four Barb. now stand stacked inside each mid turret with catapaults,, and theres nothing you can do. There are stacks of people inside the turret standing on the Barb. so good luck alt. or shift clicking through that. Even if you knew about it,, all you could do is have someone that got lucky and clicked him before he went in the turret have people auto aim off of him. If you don't get that, goodbye turret,, (oh ya,, have fun aoe'ing through Barb. charms all you "high" level 60's). So you see the trend,,, or I mean "strategy". That was repeated to all turrets in less than 5 minutes...they are on the Crystal. Yay,, 10 min. max game over,,,, millions blown. So does that sound like fun?
I do not want to be the soar looser, and I'm not trying to say we could have won, because we couldn't have. But I don't think it's right that we don't even get to play because we could not shift and alt. click at the same time or move the camera angle a certain way in order to target the main objective of the entire battle that is hidding inside pixels of the game stacked with other players. What a waist of fun that could be had ;( ...
So I'm not looking for replys from players, you either are a gamer and know whats fair and fun, or you benefit from flaws in the fun like these and don't care. I'd rather hear from Perfect World with a reply here... Is this the endall strategy to Twars,, learn how to target through people hideing inside pixels? ,,,, And charge your catapaults under every Turret? all I can say to that is a lame yay. And if you know about this glitch from My.,, why not put it under Twars info, or is it a secret game wrecker? My opinion is that the Turrets should be solid objects after built,,,must be really hard to do? Then people can mob ontop of eachother next to the turret as much as they want,, no complaints here. Am I wrong about hiding inside the pixels? Did you make the game that way on purpose so people could hide inside the Turrets? Thanks for your Help on this matter in advance! Go Dragons!!! Whip

PS.. I like Flying in Twars,, Gives a new aspect! But watch the airspace Holes in your Turrets!!
Post edited by carp on

Comments

• krystar
    krystar Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    carp wrote: »
    Genesis Barbarians are parked "in" the mid Turret. Four Barb. now stand stacked inside each mid turret with catapaults,, and theres nothing you can do. There are stacks of people inside the turret standing on the Barb. so good luck alt. or shift clicking through that. Even if you knew about it,, all you could do is have someone that got lucky and clicked him before he went in the turret have people auto aim off of him. If you don't get that, goodbye turret,, (oh ya,, have fun aoe'ing through Barb. charms all you "high" level 60's). So you see the trend,,, or I mean "strategy". That was repeated to all turrets in less than 5 minutes...they are on the Crystal. Yay,, 10 min. max game over,,,, millions blown. So does that sound like fun?

Wow that is some seriously messed up glitch. I feel for you if that happened. Wish you hadn't have listed it tho, for now it will become standard defending tactic. This game SERIOUSLY needs a cycle target button macro...AND MARK AND RECALL SPELLS FOR FREE FFS.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    krystar wrote: »
    Wow that is some seriously messed up glitch. I feel for you if that happened. Wish you hadn't have listed it tho, for now it will become standard defending tactic. This game SERIOUSLY needs a cycle target button macro...AND MARK AND RECALL SPELLS FOR FREE FFS.

Offensive tactic you mean?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Aurumfaramon - Heavens Tear
    Aurumfaramon - Heavens Tear Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Offensive tactic you mean?
    Gaydar you mean?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I knew dragons was going to lose the moment I saw them being attacked but I didn't think they'd go down so fast. Even ViTaLiTy which lost theirs really fast lasted longer. b:laugh
    Though admittedly not much longer.b:bye
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    Gaydar you mean?

Yes, yes that was what I meant. It's been long since someone can detect my angst towards homosexuals by unscrambling otherwise irrelevant sentences.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • Aurumfaramon - Heavens Tear
    Aurumfaramon - Heavens Tear Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Yes, yes that was what I meant. It's been long since someone can detect my angst towards homosexuals by unscrambling otherwise irrelevant sentences.

I am sorry, I often like to just add to a line of sentences which make me laugh, I should put some reasoning there but I am a lazy lazy fellow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ultima999
    ultima999 Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Responding to the OP...

Losing is one of the best ways to learn the game. I can't help it but from reading your post, it seems like you think that stacking barbs is the best and only strategy there is in TW.

Here's a tip for you in future wars. If you have a lot of AOEs (ie: mages, barbs, blades, and venoms), you have a wayyyyyyyy bigger advantage than your opponent stacking up barbs.

If everyone AOEs the stacking barbs, that catapult is goner... no barb left will be around to take over it. It takes only about 3 barbs perdition, 4-5 blades AOE, or 4 mages AOE to clean da whole swoop of barbs stacking on each other.

Trust me on this; in a good TW, stacking barbs are rarely used; the only time that it is considered to be useful against a good guild is when you use it as a decoy so that your opponent moves all their AOEs to the stacking barbs.

Another tip is DO READ the in-game tips as well as the Help (L key). They do show good tips some times.
  • carp
    edited October 2008
    Thank you so much for your experienced info! I read both of your posts about this matter and I do appreciate your feedback and tips! We are learning much from every defeat. I'm starting to agree with your AOE strategies to deflect this type of attack. But all strategies asside, was this strategy meant to be in the game, or do you feel it is an exploit that is just accepted that we have to deal with. At a high level battle, aoe's will be devistating, and this attack, like you said, would be futile. But in the game right now, it is being used to steamroll Factions that do not know about it. And I can't see anywhere where Perfect World States that using buttons to click on people inside a turret is a hint or a tip? If you know, please share so I can shut my mouth ;) I just think this strategy is bad form and not fun to fight against at this point. I feel like if we don't do the same thing quicker, we will surely loose. Thanks again! and you always have a friend in Dragons! Good Travels.
  • Hippocrates - Heavens Tear
    Hippocrates - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I knew dragons was going to lose the moment I saw them being attacked but I didn't think they'd go down so fast. Even ViTaLiTy which lost theirs really fast lasted longer. b:laugh

Dragons only brought 20-30 people max to the second TW this weekend. That's the real reason they lost so quickly. To be fair though, it was 4 am before a day of work/school for most of them, I think. Sunday night TW's suck, especially for European players. Genesis showed up with over 60 players. Once again, many of us couldn't make it due to work/school the next day, but some of us came anyway. The timing of this TW before work/school was extra motivation for us to finish quickly, so we didn't experiment with different tactics like we did on Friday. We went straight for the win so we could sleep. Dragons brough FAR fewer players to Sunday's TW compared to Friday's, which really made the biggest difference.

Also, Avengers used similar tactics when they attacked us, but we adapted and sucessfully defended. We had very little knowledge of GvG wars at that point, but we learned quickly. The biggest thing is that we had about as many people compared to them to make defense possible.
  • carp
    edited October 2008
    So thats the best strategy your saying, Stand inside turrets. And we saythat The "can you click me game is kinda lame". And I want everyone to know about it so they don't get kicked in the balls like us. You act like it's a secret strat when it is really a grey area exploit left over from MY, and you know it. We just think no matter what happens, the game would be nore fun if that strategy wasn't used. I am not going to look forward to seeing how long a fight lasts until one team has to start using the clicking strategy. I'm sure you have all other strategies too of course, but you just use that one to end it when you don't feel like fighting for more than 10 min. cool, goodtimes.
  • Tenderloin - Sanctuary
    Tenderloin - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    This game needs tab targetting but then again I kinda understand why they take out the feature... in order to stop bots.. since you cannot auto target something means bots won't work. However they need to work on the collision of the catapults (better object collision) means players can't hide inside game objects (such as catapults).
  • ultima999
    edited October 2008
    carp wrote: »
    Thank you so much for your experienced info! I read both of your posts about this matter and I do appreciate your feedback and tips! We are learning much from every defeat. I'm starting to agree with your AOE strategies to deflect this type of attack. But all strategies asside, was this strategy meant to be in the game, or do you feel it is an exploit that is just accepted that we have to deal with. At a high level battle, aoe's will be devistating, and this attack, like you said, would be futile. But in the game right now, it is being used to steamroll Factions that do not know about it. And I can't see anywhere where Perfect World States that using buttons to click on people inside a turret is a hint or a tip? If you know, please share so I can shut my mouth ;) I just think this strategy is bad form and not fun to fight against at this point. I feel like if we don't do the same thing quicker, we will surely loose. Thanks again! and you always have a friend in Dragons! Good Travels.

Mixing PC with NPC is not an exploit because the explaination is clearly explained in game on how to select each type. It is an exploit only if it's not documented. To see the in-game tips on how to select between NPC and PC, make a new toon level 1, the in-game tips will appear. Cycle them through and you'll see it.

In my opinion, stacking barbs is not a real strategy; it is more of a nuissance for unexperienced players. The real strategy is how to relay the catapult from your base to your opponent's base. An inexperienced guild often relies on 1 or 2 core pullers with charms and invul. pots to stay alive. However, this is the expensive and often wrong way to play.

TW is all about team work; the catapults should be relayed between pullers if needed. When a puller dies, there are 30 seconds (if the catapult is at full health) until that catapult explodes. So there is a window of about 25 seconds to re-take the catapult by another puller or the same puller if being rez'ed on spot.

Because of this, you should not waste more than 1 or at most 2 barbs as backup puller. The backup barbs usually stays outside the AOE range since most mages do AOE nukes on the catapults anyway.

The remaining barbs should be used for offensive. Often, the backup barbs use perditions on the mages and rez'ed on spot to take over the catapult.

Yes, you can still take over the catapult when you are in rez'd mode.
  • Crash - Heavens Tear
    Crash - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2008

as they apparantly said they wanted to get it over with asap blah blah blah, tbh i wud have prefered it maby if they told us thats there plan then i wouldent of wasted what little bit of cash i had left on charms and building towers inside there, and somehow i burnt 70k charm in that quick 10 mins, goes to show how useless charms are sometimes

well thats all fine and well that u wanted to get it over with fast, then ur pathetic guild feels the need to make fun of us with there lol's and hahaha's and there goodfight! comments, then when we said something bak or something in worldchat we get ur whiney little kids in ur guild start throwing insults at us like monkey tossing there **** everywhere

i did like ur guild b4 this stuff, now all id like to do is see u all pked, shamefully that wont happen as every1 is blue named pretty much
    retired from PWI server Heavens Tear, October 2008
    want to start on Harshlands ASAP!
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Well this is how war works in real life as well. A well thought out plan is hard to beat and you encounter many different types of strats to win. The trick is to adapt to them at a moments notice even if you've never seen it before.

One thing that makes TW's fun is that you have no idea what the other guild is planning until they do it. Though hiding inside towers and catapults is something that really should not even be possible to begin with. Stacking characters is well within the rules though, like was said, that just makes them prime AoE targets.

If this happens again at least you know what do to so you don't lose your last territory that you have. Though it's tough when they have double your numbers.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • lazor
    lazor Posts: 36
    edited October 2008
    The Empire is furious over this glitch or cheat. Its a glitch from the pw-my game that was never fixed and used alot, but that doesnt make it right. The corruption on the pw-my server is 1 reason that brought me here and to find that Genasis guild used this against a guild that didnt have a chance to win to begin with is disgusting..i have lost ALL respect for the genesis leader and the guild itself. If they r going to glitch a tw like this then we all can use a few ourselves. I wonder how Genesis would feel if they lost to a glitch. So u see where all this can lead?
    They used a glitch, so now every 1 knows its ok to do this, so say we use another well known glitch,,and so on and so forth...This games becomes another pw-my CORRUPTION!!!

GM'S FIX THE TW CATAPULT GLITCH PLZZZ!!! u can not target, u can not shift click, u can not alt click, and only a class that has a wide aoe that is 80+ can do minimal damage.

Genesis would of won anyway but to do this is below low..Genesis is a parasite for this..and YES im dam mad!!!!
  • ultima999
    edited October 2008
    lazor wrote: »
    GM'S FIX THE TW CATAPULT GLITCH PLZZZ!!! u can not target, u can not shift click, u can not alt click, and only a class that has a wide aoe that is 80+ can do minimal damage.

I don't want to be rude; but please learn how to play the game first before saying such a dumb statement.

Don't force me prove everyone what a noob you are by making a screenshot of the in-game tip that clearly explains how to select a PC when it is mixed with a NPC.

You can verify yourself by using a small character eg. a morphed fox) stacking behind a mailbox.

EDIT: Or better yet, have you friend stand behind the wolf cub NPC (in Archesaur), and you from the other side of the wolf cub, and select your friend by Alt-Click.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    What the h-

Although cheap, Genesis took a pretty innovative approach to winning their TW. If this is like [best RP online game] where honor matters, then of course this will be shunned upon. But in this case territory translates to income, which indirectly translates to gold, which is real money spent in game. That matters. Guilds would be **** not to use every cheap method (while staying legal) to win their TWs. It's just the way it works.

Maybe I wasn't here when its discussed in Empire but I would like to point out even though lazor is our leader, she certainly doesn't represent everyones views on this rather controversial matter. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • sseno
    sseno Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    just curious how do u "park inside a turret"
  • lotharsmash
    lotharsmash Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    noone stood INSIDE the towers or turrets as your calling them... the mass of the genesis players were standing within 5 meters of each other maybe 10 at most and right between your HQ and front middle gate so their catapults hit your HQ thingy and not the towers or turrets whichever you choose to call them. they werent anywhere near your turrets and none of them were inside them for sure... if your talking about the 2 that looked like they backed up to avoid the towers that were shooting them that were half in and half out of the catapults... you guys killed those 2 but not the 2 that were standing in the middle of the other players. Im sorry I dont understand what your talking about but it wasnt hard to see noone was inside any of the towers or turrets...
  • lazor
    lazor Posts: 36
    edited October 2008
    ultima999 wrote: »
    I don't want to be rude; but please learn how to play the game first before saying such a dumb statement.

Don't force me prove everyone what a noob you are by making a screenshot of the in-game tip that clearly explains how to select a PC when it is mixed with a NPC.

You can verify yourself by using a small character eg. a morphed fox) stacking behind a mailbox.

EDIT: Or better yet, have you friend stand behind the wolf cub NPC (in Archesaur), and you from the other side of the wolf cub, and select your friend by Alt-Click.

"First and foremost let's not start a flame war on the boards. Now we realize that a lot of our players are originally from PW-MY where a lot of things were not policed. We here at Perfect World International are dead serious about fairness and glitching.

We will soon be revising the Territory War rules in order to include the abuse listed in the above post. In the future, if you ever see anyone abusing this bug, please submit screenshots via our Customer Support Ticketing System at:
    http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

We will look into each report and investigate every case we receieve. The Territory Wars page will be updated later today to reflect this new policy change, and any offenses from this day forth will be dealt with swift and serious repercussions"

The above was taken and quoted from Xarfox...
    notice the words used such as "glitch" , "bug" and "abuse"

I Do speak for all The Empire members we DO NOT advocate the use of such things and if anyone in The Empire does they certainly dont belong with us. This is NOT an inovative way of winning a war.... as stated by the gm its a glitch, bug/abuse and if i do not speak for the above empire member..then he/she need to find another guild that advocates the use of bugs/glitches and abuse.
  • Immortality - Heavens Tear
    Immortality - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The noobs couldn't target the tanks before they got to the HQ. QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ

1.LOOK FOR CATA PULLERS
    2.TARGET CATA PULLER(will require for u to click on the on tank)
    3. use ur heads on what to do next before they get to HQ, if u cant think of what to do, then u need to take an IQ test.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7841740@N02/462082142/
  • Crash - Heavens Tear
    Crash - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    lol daft nubcake

i guess we should all feel sad a like noobs now cos u over used the sad expression qq?

do me a favour and hurl ur self off a cliff like the rest of the idiots that over use every anoying word thats been invented into text typing
    retired from PWI server Heavens Tear, October 2008
    want to start on Harshlands ASAP!
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    The noobs couldn't target the tanks before they got to the HQ. QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ

1.LOOK FOR CATA PULLERS
    2.TARGET CATA PULLER(will require for u to click on the on tank)
    3. use ur heads on what to do next before they get to HQ, if u cant think of what to do, then u need to take an IQ test.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7841740@N02/462082142/

Was expecting photo/screenie to support your mentioned methods, but instead got photo of your family business. Post did not deliver.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Actually (super sarcasm on in case ur stupid) I think TW should be like in the old days..

Players make a long line and then take turns casting and atacking the opposite line, and when you die it would be unchivalrous to respawn. The side that has players left get to win TW - yay (sarcasm off)

There is no rules in war, if you lost because somone did something that you didin't expect its par for the course. Learn from it and adapt! there are LOADS of fansites out there that have nice guides on TW strategies and so forth.
    edited October 2008
    Crash fix your grammar then talk ****.
    edited October 2008
    Was expecting photo/screenie to support your mentioned methods, but instead got photo of your family business. Post did not deliver.

I put link in wrong place -.-
  • markillian
    markillian Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    lazor wrote: »
    "First and foremost let's not start a flame war on the boards. Now we realize that a lot of our players are originally from PW-MY where a lot of things were not policed. We here at Perfect World International are dead serious about fairness and glitching.

We will soon be revising the Territory War rules in order to include the abuse listed in the above post. In the future, if you ever see anyone abusing this bug, please submit screenshots via our Customer Support Ticketing System at:
    http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

We will look into each report and investigate every case we receieve. The Territory Wars page will be updated later today to reflect this new policy change, and any offenses from this day forth will be dealt with swift and serious repercussions"

The above was taken and quoted from Xarfox...
    notice the words used such as "glitch" , "bug" and "abuse"

I Do speak for all The Empire members we DO NOT advocate the use of such things and if anyone in The Empire does they certainly dont belong with us. This is NOT an inovative way of winning a war.... as stated by the gm its a glitch, bug/abuse and if i do not speak for the above empire member..then he/she need to find another guild that advocates the use of bugs/glitches and abuse.

The GM only stated that this was a glitch TODAY

If it wasn't known that it was a glitch YESTERDAY, you can't get in trouble for doing it YESTERDAY

YESTERDAY it was a known and accepted TW strategy (atleast to the experienced TW guilds)

TODAY, now that an admin has stated it, its a glitch.

You can't fault ANYONE for using it in the past because it was a perfectly acceptable strategy.

The really annoying thing about Dragons is that alot of you keep on saying that Genesis won in a cowardly way. TW IS ABOUT STRATEGY.
  • Aurellius - Heavens Tear
    Aurellius - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    There is a certain extent into which a debate can be prolonged until it is just a repeat of all the assumptions, facts, theories and so on. Insulting one another doesnt do anything aside from maybe propping your ego for the next hour or so until someone kicks the legs out from under you.
    Look here it is straight and true, Genesis <my guild, prepared for territory war.
    When we prepare its not a, hey lets get together guys and fight..
    Our strategies take time and process, sometimes we research, upon taking our first territory we researched about all sections of territory wars.
    I'de have a meeting with my guys and we would work out a strategy that we thought would work, we'de think of a few more, and then back those up.
    The idea we hid in the turrets is slander, the catapults perhaps(if so, not intended), but to be honest I never saw one of my barbs hide in the catapults, too many people around couldnt see through the crowd.
    Anyways that sponge has been squeezed dry, whats done is done people, move on, we dont learn from our mistakes, we learn from the consequences of them.
    Anyone can fight, anyone can hold grudges and bicker, but theres a select few who can forgive and forget. Are you part of that select few?
  • starman17
    starman17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    clap.

clap.

clap

clap

clap
    clap
    clap
    clap
    *raucous applause*
  • Hippocrates - Heavens Tear
    Hippocrates - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    do me a favour and hurl ur self off a cliff like the rest of the idiots that over use every anoying word thats been invented into text typing

I'm pretty sure that's a violation of Number 1 and Number 7 on the Forum's Rules of Conduct, quoted below for easy reference.
    1. Transmit unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable content. Profanity filter dodging and filtered words/statements with clear vulgar intent will also be considered outright violations.
    7. No trolling, or flaming.
    Any form of personal insult will not be tolerated. General rule of thumb: if you think that what you are about to post is insulting, don't post it.