Drop % from halloween boxes

Guardianmp - Heavens Tear
Guardianmp - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
This thread is ment to display what everyone has gotten from their boxes in order to let people know what chance they have at getting a specific item.

Out of 21 GA's I got:

220 Halloween Treat cakes (11 GA's)
10 Pumkin Head pills (1 GA)
1 Common Sapphire Shard (1 GA)
8 Halloween Candy Boxs (8 GA's)

What else has everyone else got from their boxes?
Post edited by Guardianmp - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Myish - Sanctuary
    Myish - Sanctuary Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I got 5 Halloween Candies (worth 2.5k/each)

b:cry RIPPED OFF

(I don't even know what they do...)
    b:cold*
    b:faint (Sub Zero!)
  • Azraelkurai - Heavens Tear
    Azraelkurai - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    ***Sword of Loyalty (+1% Crit, +38 Phys Attack, +3 Str)
    60 Halloween Treats
    2 Candy Boxes
    30 Pumpkinhead Pills
    10 Monkey Pills

That's what I got. Nothing special other than the sword, which I'm hoping sells for a decent price. It's useless to me as I am a wizard.

I really wanted to get the veno/bar mount for my wife's character, but that looks like it's not going to happen. Oh well, I've decided to just use one of my own game engines to mimic Perfect World and model an even cooler looking mount for her. It's sad that I can't give her a real in game item, but that's not going to stop me from making my own for her.
  • Azraelkurai - Heavens Tear
    Azraelkurai - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I got 5 Halloween Candies (worth 2.5k/each)

b:cry RIPPED OFF

(I don't even know what they do...)

They give you an absolutely amazing buff (I got +400 magic attack power, pretty amazing for level 41)........ but they only last for 5 minutes -.- Hardly worth 6k (assuming an angel is worth 30k).
  • zolrac
    zolrac Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Well, i got Midnight in my first and only chance of 100k XD
  • Myish - Sanctuary
    Myish - Sanctuary Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I tried again and got EXACTLY the same thing... The candies don't even stack so 10 will clog up inventory b:cryb:cryb:cryb: RIPPED OFF!
    b:cold*
    b:faint (Sub Zero!)
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2008
    The candy boxes, however, do stack, so you can save space by not opening them until you need to.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Guardianmp - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    surtr wrote: »
    The candy boxes, however, do stack, so you can save space by not opening them until you need to.

Is there anyway that the candies could be made to stack, cause it is annoying to have all the candies out at once (and the cakes stack to 100, so I don't see why the candies couldn't).
  • Deity - Lost City
    Deity - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    250+ boxes opened, only thing worthwhile is the belt.

Trashed all of the pills and cakes.....absolutely useless.
  • Birdie - Heavens Tear
    Birdie - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    540 treats (27 ga)
    3 common amber (3)
    6 garnet (6)
    1 sapphire (1)
    2 citrine (2)
    10 fat bro (1)
    10 big head (1)
    10 monkey (1)
    1 ornament (1) 3* ring 110mp mag attk 41 i can actually use this as i am a cleric
    32 boxes of candy (32)

I bought 2 ga's for 60K each
    and then bought in bulk of ten from cash shop
    and for the life of me i cannot figure out where i messed up on my addition.
    this adds up to 75.... minus the two I bought w/gold it leaves 73. how I can have that when I bought lots of ten is beyond me. I just double checked my bank and my bag and i have accounted for everything. so this accounting says that I have 3 items that I did not give a GA for or I lost 7 ga's
    7 times the 2.90 that you pay for 10 ga's in cash shop is 20.30.
    Sad thing is that I have 30 more GA's in my bag for a total spent in cash shop of 29.00
    SIGH just call me gullible
    edited October 2008
    Anyone else got any results, I'd like to hear what luck other people had so people that are considering trying the gifts have a good idea what they are getting into (since all they see in-game from the duke is "this person got this sweet item" and not the total number of presents opened, or total number of each item rewarded).

Lets keep people informed so there will be fewer people complaining about their drops from the presents.
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    (Posting this here as well since it fits in this thread)

i spent $25 on angel's and got:
    1 3* Club
    2 3* neckalces
    2 untamed aerogear (traded one for wings, gave one to my partner)
    1 Nightmare (for all the non D&D'ers that would be the horse)

I realized
    ~*~ The typical treats you get are actually a pretty good value 20 of them = 20 potions from the apothocary at 3400 each = 68k still coming out 20k ahead
    ~*~ The shards most of them i will trade up to lvl 5 shards but probably lost about 20k each on them
    ~*~ The candies sell for 12k i believe to the npc so you are loosing about 30k there
    ~*~ 3* items you *should* be able to recover your costs on them or profit
    ~*~ The pills are just a complete and total loss b:angry
    ~*~ The Amulet/Necklace of the headless horseman seem to be selling at the 200k range which is a 150k profit roughly
    ~*~ Aerogear i have not seen for sell yet but imagine its 1 mil + easy, same for the Horse

all in all there is alot more good items then bad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited October 2008

~*~ The Amulet/Necklace of the headless horseman seem to be selling at the 200k range which is a 150k profit roughly
    ~*~ Aerogear i have not seen for sell yet but imagine its 1 mil + easy, same for the Horse

all in all there is alot more good items then bad

The Amulet and necklace were going for significantly more than that last night when I was on.
    The aerogear was going for quite a bit more than a million, and Midnight was also pretty expensive. (except for one guy I know who bought it for under 500k)

On another note, from 10 angels, I got

1 xp amulet
    3* shoes
    candy/treats
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    The Amulet and necklace were going for significantly more than that last night when I was on.
    The aerogear was going for quite a bit more than a million, and Midnight was also pretty expensive. (except for one guy I know who bought it for under 500k)

maybe because of it being a different server, i would assume that the fast aerogear would be more valuable to the pvp server b:victory but then again i could be totally wrong on my prices too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    maybe because of it being a different server, i would assume that the fast aerogear would be more valuable to the pvp server b:victory but then again i could be totally wrong on my prices too

I was trying to buy the goose last night, lowest price I was PM'd was 2.5mil.

For the record I got
    1 Nightmare
    2 Headless Horsemen Amulet
    6 Special Amulets
    1 Special Ring
    1 piece of armor
    lots of junk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Biowolf - Lost City
    Biowolf - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    this event is ripp off
  • Dragodarknae - Heavens Tear
    Dragodarknae - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I am on Heavens Tear server and I have seen the Midnight mount selling in between 5-10 million coin and its ridiculous what the candies I seen were going for (avg. 15k a piece), and the boxes from in between 35-75k a peice,,,,,ugh. As far as the amulets and belts, haven't seen them for sale anywhere .......yet, but im sure once the hype goes away all the spiders will crawl out of the closet.

~FYI~I bought about 3 sets of 10 angels and got:

2 - Midnight Mounts
    3 - Headless Horseman amulets
    1 - Headless Horseman Belt
    2 - 3* chests
    2 - 3* arms
    2000 - treats
    about 25-30 boxes of candy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    BladeMaster of Perfect World
    Husband of VanyaDarknae
    Shylael Director
    "Be who you are lest you let yourself down. Train hard, don't kill steal and have fun, this is a game people"
  • pringles
    pringles Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I am on Heavens Tear server and I have seen the Midnight mount selling in between 5-10 million coin and its ridiculous what the candies I seen were going for (avg. 15k a piece), and the boxes from in between 35-75k a peice,,,,,ugh. As far as the amulets and belts, haven't seen them for sale anywhere .......yet, but im sure once the hype goes away all the spiders will crawl out of the closet.

2 - Midnight Mounts
    2 - 3* chests
    2 - 3* arms
    2000 - treats

Lucky Much >.>

For me i bought about 3 full stacks of GA, give or take a few and got:

500 = treats
    1 - 3* arm 2 sockets
    1 - 3* belt
    10-15 - boxes of candy
    3 - common gems
    30 - pills

Hoping for Midnight (but who isn't?) or the beast mount, or at least a some decent gear. So aside form the 3* belt and arm i got boned, but i should have guessed this would happen.
  • Raerine - Heavens Tear
    Raerine - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I really hope that there will be an event that will give you prizes based on droppings from mobs - or something similar. That would be so much fun for everyone than just buying millions of useless guardian angels.
  • haku
    haku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008

2 - Midnight Mounts
    2 - 3* chests
    2 - 3* arms
    2000 - treats

hold on, what you said doesn't add up. "3 sets of 10 angles"=30 angels? Each box of candy costs 1 angel, so if you already have 25-30 boxes of candy, how can you have all those other stuff with only 30 angels? Not to mention you'd need 100 angels to get 2000 treats, assuming that's somewhere near the true number and not an exaggeration. So if you meant that you bought the 30 angels from the cash shop, then you spent several millions of in-game money for the rest?? b:shocked

Anyways, from my 50 angels and I got:

240 treats
    25-26 boxes of candy
    5-6 common gems
    1 wing of daedalus
    and the rest are pills.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I got 80 treats (4 dolls), 1 Halloween Box and got candy, and got one Headless Horseman's Necklace.

So I spent about 4 dolls and roughly 200-400k. I don't remember much on what I spent. I just knew I gave up fast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knightofone - Lost City
    Knightofone - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    82 Angel's, a lot of the crappy stuff, 1 *** Light Armor, the Horse Necklace....not a single mount...
  • Jeiiy - Heavens Tear
    Jeiiy - Heavens Tear Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    1st GA, 1 *** cape,
    2nd GA, 100 cakes
    3rd GA, PILLS
    4th GA, PILLS
    And i gave up.
  • dyza
    dyza Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    haku wrote: »
    hold on, what you said doesn't add up. "3 sets of 10 angles"=30 angels? Each box of candy costs 1 angel, so if you already have 25-30 boxes of candy, how can you have all those other stuff with only 30 angels? Not to mention you'd need 100 angels to get 2000 treats, assuming that's somewhere near the true number and not an exaggeration. So if you meant that you bought the 30 angels from the cash shop, then you spent several millions of in-game money for the rest?? b:shocked

Anyways, from my 50 angels and I got:

240 treats
    25-26 boxes of candy
    5-6 common gems
    1 wing of daedalus
    and the rest are pills.

Bet you anything he works for Perfect World and setting up # so people will go buy

I got 4 set of angel all from cash shop

All i got was treat and candies and a few shards...new even an amulet.

I did get a halloween oriment pack but don't even know what to do with it
  • Baifang - Heavens Tear
    Baifang - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I used 10 angels and the only thing useful to me was 2 horseman belts. Traded the spare for the ring so I could use the set for grinding/ zhen etc.

I'd like to know if the aeogear given, is matched to the class when it happens, or do you recieve a random one? IE will Untamed always get untamed aero's, or is it always a random mix between the three.
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I do wish we had a better list of odds of each item. It sounds like necklaces are a lot more common than belts.
    edited October 2008
    I used 10 angels and the only thing useful to me was 2 horseman belts. Traded the spare for the ring so I could use the set for grinding/ zhen etc.

I'd like to know if the aeogear given, is matched to the class when it happens, or do you recieve a random one? IE will Untamed always get untamed aero's, or is it always a random mix between the three.

its random, I got two untamed aerogear on my elf
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rienian
    rienian Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Since this seems to be the thread that would know. I've received several of the Halloween Armor Packs, etc... and can't get them to open. I was told (and the tooltip says the same) to go to Jolly Old Jones to get them open, but there isn't an option to do so.

How do I get these open?

Thanks for any help on this matter.
    edited October 2008
    haven't had the privilage of getting any armor packs (just cake, candy, and pills), but it's been said in a lot of other threads, and by GMs, that you need to be level 20 to open the packs (and you do it the way that you said, by talking to jolly old mr. jones).
  • Blessing - Heavens Tear
    Blessing - Heavens Tear Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Rougly 112 Gold worth of dolls. Only got 1x aviation. I'm feeling very bitter. Someone give me the phone number to "Gamblers Anonymous"
  • rienian
    rienian Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    haven't had the privilage of getting any armor packs (just cake, candy, and pills), but it's been said in a lot of other threads, and by GMs, that you need to be level 20 to open the packs (and you do it the way that you said, by talking to jolly old mr. jones).
    Thanks. That means only 2 more levels to go! :)