Comments

• ll00
    ll00 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i feel you man. 30 gold of doll and all i got was 3 low lvl purple item
  • Tenderloin - Sanctuary
    Tenderloin - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I heard the midnight mount is only 2m/s in speed.. is this true ? If it is.. then it's mostly for visuals only not utility..
  • Birdie - Heavens Tear
    Birdie - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i spent another (sigh) 30 dollars on these dern dolls. traded 30 or so in yesterday and got
    didly squat..the candy/pills and gems

I dont have any armour that has room for any gems. sigh again.

another 30 dolls today. used 20 this morn and got **** and one weapon pack. got a hammer 3 * but I am a cleric.

at lunch i came home and tried with the other 10. got an ornament bag, a belt and two israfels.
    once again I am a cleric.. will try to trade for a midnight.

but at least I have something to sell other than candy
  • xoverx
    xoverx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    40 GA's and got 1 armor pack ONE! and it was even good.

I understand this is more so a "gamer making money event" more so then a "halloween event" thats made completely obvious

However, for those who actualy paid for those dolls, do they not diserve one good item?

From a personal stand point, these big prizes are really nice id love to have a set of wings or the midnight horse. It's come to my attention that u pretty much have a better chance to be struck by lighting.

Even if this an event because the game needed money, its not much to ask to get atleast one good thing we are looking forward to. Or why not just put the item itself in the cash shop, instead of having rediculously low chances of getting something u want. it would be much more fair this way, not as many complaints, and people getting atleast one thing good in the end. After all there just pixelated items, not gonna kill the game itself. People are supporting this game after all
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I heard the midnight mount is only 2m/s in speed.. is this true ? If it is.. then it's mostly for visuals only not utility..

Mine is 9.0 m/sec at lvl 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shygirl - Lost City
    Shygirl - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The devs did a good job. They took ALOT of cash out of the economy, and forever rasied the price of gold on the auction house. This makes gold worth more, and encourages the gold buyers to buy more gold, and makes the non-gold buyers suffer.

This is true in any F2P game. Give it a year or two, and it will be completely obvious who is a gold buyer or not, becasue they will be leveling 10 times as fast as the normal players.

For this, the normal players will quit, the gold buyers will notice that no-one plays anymore, and they will cut there losses, and move onto a different game.
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I bought $30 worth of Zen, and used it all on dolls so I had about 100 dolls.

I used all my dolls and got:

1 Midnight
    1 Israfel
    2 Headless Horseman Amulets
    1 Headless Horseman Belt
    2 3 star armors
    65 candy boxes

the rest where soulstones, pills, and treats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • auto
    auto Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    okay
    i log on one day out of the blue and hear about this raffle thing, i have about 39k and someone was selling a gaurdian angel for like 39k exact what are the odds of that right? so i take it to the jolly old whorebag in town and i exchange it and on the first try i got daedulus wings. I then got a friend of mine to lend me 15k to get a trumpet, and i sold the wings for 8 million. so i paid the dude back the 15k for the trumpet. And i took a million and bought about 27 gaurdian angels. Okay this is where it gets crazy i got
    7 common allebaster shards
    1 midnight
    3 necklaces
    2 belts
    1 daedulus
    2 halloween thingys
    2 more common shards
    and the rest i dont remember but like i think i got a few more belts i dont remember, i was like in my gambling mood. So now i have 14 mil and mind you went from 39k to 14 mil thanks gms!!!
  • Aaratull - Sanctuary
    Aaratull - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    b:laughi buy only 1 gift .. and i win a weapon pack from the first time ....
    3* doublestrike X-bow
  • Proxile - Heavens Tear
    Proxile - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I know this isn't even bad yet but I'm very poor and I cannot buy money (cause I don't have paypal account and so on) and I have bought 2 gifts and all I got was 40 candies or whatever they are...

I need money for other things like skills and potions and gear, and it makes me sad to think that I don't even have a chance to these rare and expensive things (or cool clothing, but thats offtopic)

And now I'm just making fool of my self here complaining about stupid things :D

WELL I soon get my driving license (in real life) and I can go driving with my girlfriend..
  • Zezixx - Lost City
    Zezixx - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Half of your post wasnt even on topic..

Lets see... I spent around 70 dolls.

I got a 3* lvl 50 light chest

2 molds.

ALOT ALOT ALOT of treats

20 candy boxes.

and alot of other junk.

All I want is the darn wings!
    Don't call me stupid because I'm less smart than you won't ever be.
  • rakuhakujin
    rakuhakujin Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i've found that the candy boxes are almost half of what comes out, if not a little less.

I dont have exact numbers for you guys, but on average I get something other than candy/pills/shard (i.e. armor pack, mount, etc.) once every ten tries. I'll get a shard about once every ten tries too. I've done over 50 angels, and maybe I'm luckier than most but this is just my experience.

I got Israfel, 5 common shards. 3 armor packs and the rest was candies and whatnot.

Oh, and if youre interested in Israfel it's in the auction houes for 2 mil (starting bid).
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    xoverx wrote: »
    Or why not just put the item itself in the cash shop, instead of having rediculously low chances of getting something u want. it would be much more fair this way, not as many complaints, and people getting atleast one thing good in the end. After all there just pixelated items, not gonna kill the game itself. People are supporting this game after all

That is actually a very good idea. As long as they are not planning on offering the same items as rewards for next years halloween event it would be a good idea to put them up for sale in the cash shop. Of course, they should not let anyone know they are going to do this until after the event is over so people will gamble as much as possible and make them more money. Then when the event is over they can put the items up in the cash shop and make even more money when the people that lost the gamble buy them.
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The devs did a good job. They took ALOT of cash out of the economy, and forever rasied the price of gold on the auction house. This makes gold worth more, and encourages the gold buyers to buy more gold, and makes the non-gold buyers suffer.

This is true in any F2P game. Give it a year or two, and it will be completely obvious who is a gold buyer or not, becasue they will be leveling 10 times as fast as the normal players.

For this, the normal players will quit, the gold buyers will notice that no-one plays anymore, and they will cut there losses, and move onto a different game.

It is highly unlikely that gold prices are going to be permenantely raised. If anything this event took a lot of coin out of the economy making coin more rare and thus more valuable. If anything gold will be cheaper (but I am guessing it will simply return to its old value).

As for the leveling 10 times as fast causing other players to leave I have 3 words for you, Crazy Stone Quest. That quest allows anyone to get about one-fifth of a level each day without doing any real work. Any player, no matter how casual, can get to the level cap in this game because of that quest alone. "Normal" players never level as fast as hardcore players and are used to that, but this game actually gives them the ability to make it all the way to the top as long as they have a little patience (and all "normal" players do since everyone knows you are not going to gain a level a day all the way to the top if you do not spend all day playing). Almost everyone can be level 105 within a year's time and even people that never do anything but the crazy stone quest will get there within 2 years.
  • Elchignolo - Heavens Tear
    Elchignolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Wifey and I used 134 angels to open 134 boxes....
    0 present :lame candy boxes, lame treats, lame pills, lame lvl 4 soulgems that's it.... Not any present worth a Duke shout on day 1 (you know when he was literaly spamming)
    Total ripp off, I'm disgusted with this event....
  • rawrsaurus
    rawrsaurus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I used around 100 angels, and got

~Midnight
    ~Three horseman's amulets
    ~A Horseman's Belt
    ~Ornament Box
    ~Armor Box
    ~Lots of treats/boxes
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    lol you guys can all hate me for this, but the other day I bought about 30 more angels and I got:

2 israfel
    1 HH ammy
    1 HH belt

the other assorted stuff.

I went back today and bought 10 more angels and got:

1 israfel
    1 Daedalus wing

assorted other stuff..

So now all in all my grand total is approx 140 angels and I have got:

4 Israfel
    1 Midnight
    1 Daedalus Wing
    3 HH ammy
    2 Belt

assorted other stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Meelan - Heavens Tear
    Meelan - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i bought 6 ga's (which broke me) and all i got was

1 common shard and the rest was all candy so i gave up..need my money for skills..don't need the candy...cheaper to buy pots b:laugh
  • apheos
    apheos Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Alt i bought 150GAs and on my 4th last GA i got my midnight!! so happy haha other than that 4 armour packs 2necklaces and 2 headless horseman belt
  • ladylunamoon
    ladylunamoon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    what lvl do you have to be to ride midnight?
  • pwhan
    pwhan Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Player level 10 for an unleveled Midnight. However, if someone has maxed the item level, player level 11 to ride.

As far as my "winnings" go...

I spent over $400, approximately $420-$430 and received the following:

1-Midnight
    1-Nakir's Judgement
    2-Wings of Daedalus
    3-Israfel
    6-HH Belts
    8-HH Amulets

And these close approximations:

7-Armor Packs
    8-Weapon Packs
    10-Ornament Packs
    20+ of each of the four soul gems
    75+ of the various pill stacks
    400-Candy Boxes
    6,000+ Halloween Treats

This post is kind of moot with only hours left for the event. It does however, have me questioning my sanity, the value of continuing to play this game and my future mal-nutrition due to eating Ramen for the next few weeks.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    This is a friendly reminder to everyone, if you've won an ornament, armor, or weapon pack from the Halloween boxes, complete the quest and open them before maintenance tonight. After tonight's maintenance, the Halloween quest to open them, along with all other Halloween related quests will be removed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    pwhan wrote: »
    I spent over $400, approximately $420-$430 and received the following

Players like you are why they will keep having events like this. You give them lots of money.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91