Why did you choose your name??

Options

Comments

• Jixxie - Heavens Tear
    Jixxie - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    All of my characters have some sort of meaning to me. Jixxie is a derivative of a character I used to play a long time ago in pen and paper game. It was unique and I liked it so much that I have used it in all the MMO's I have played.
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Ever Since I started online gaming I have always used the name Catica. I sure its used somewhere else in the world before I "invented" it. But I made up the name on my own before I heard it elsewhere when I was pregnant with my son. It was when I was trying to come up with baby names, I used to always do a "name game" when I would take off the first letter of a name and then run it through the aphlabet to make other names. For example:

Jaden, remove the J and run it through the aphlabet you get:

Aaden
    Baden
    Caden
    Daden
    Eaden
    Faden

Etc. I used to do this with every name I heard to see if I could find a name I liked better. I remember watching TV one night while I was still pregnant and seeing a movie on called Gatica. The name intriqued me and I started playing the alphabet game with it. I hit C and said Catica and absolutely fell in love with the name. Since I ended up having a boy and couldnt name him that I started using the name for all my roleplaying adventures, which transpired to those online as well. After so many years of using Catica of course everyone I knew just called me Cat. So in every online game I play I try to get the names Catica and Cat. Usually its a ton easier to get Catica than Cat though lol. I have seen a lot more varitations of the name over the years now and seeing the name become more popular which kinda sucks cause I worry more and more now with each new game I play if Ill get my signature name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • looksie
    looksie Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Wmdonlooker is the name i use for every online game, since i''ve seen no one else use it lol, hopefully no one will cos i like having a name thats unique XD
  • buymedunks
    buymedunks Posts: 2
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I just like it, been using it for everyother mmo

other characters would be like:
    BUYyouDUNKS
    BUYhimDUNKS
    BUYherDUNKS
    BUYthemDUNKS
    and so on...
  • Yugo_ - Lost City
    Yugo_ - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    My name is a character from Bloody Roar.
  • Greatkingg - Lost City
    Greatkingg - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i have had this name in a lot of games i have played
    Christian Guild Church
    a family of mature gamers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Kargor: my "game name". Many many years ago I was running an online game, and Kargor just used to be my main char there. Just kept the name afterwards.

Kargor used to be a barbarian, but I'm not playing melee chars anymore --- they tend to depend on gear (expensive) and healers (slows you down). So there hasn't been a playchar "Kargor" for quite a while. Besides, most of my playchars nowadays use the female model.

Perfect World playchar is currently "Yindra". Too lazy to think about a name; tried Ke'dra first, but it didn't accept the '. I didn't want to reuse a former name, since none of them felt ok for a Venomancer.
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • Deafjesus - Lost City
    Deafjesus - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options

DeaF = RL disability
    Jesus = Kinda Holy/Healer isn't he?

So I combined these names since I'm a Cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Which Character are you? --http://www.ff-fan.com/chartest
  • angelicscars
    angelicscars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    My friend sent me a link to a funny page with cool avatars and stuff and there were name generators where you must put your first and middle name there. I'm pretty Gothic so I tried the Goth Name Generator and my name became Angelic Scars. I started to use it because it sounded cool :3 And I'm never getting any feelings that I should be able to change it x3
    Autumn's sweet, we call it fall
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordwicked
    lordwicked Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    LordWicked is an nick-name given by friends.
  • Malerium - Sanctuary
    Malerium - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Well, silly reason, actually. Malerium is sort of my "backup" name, used when my original, Discordancy (or Discord) is unavailable (and since it's sort of common, Discord is always taken in PW). It's a spur of the moment cross between malaria and delirium.

Usually, I play characters that have the 'Male-' prefix in their names (save a few exceptions, in MY-EN and the closed Beta).
  • Nanna - Heavens Tear
    Nanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    My nick comes.. well my nick is been in L2 usually rwmamma and we had back then in our clan style to change M letter to N, so ppl called me as rwnanna. After while i left the rw out of it cause mostly ppl doesnt know what it means + my bf likes more just simply Nanna :)
  • ditto
    ditto Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    My name is Dido, but I had to spell it different because someone else already took it. I chose it at first to shorttin my ariginal name donutdolly, then I start liking dido a lot better. it fits, i'm not sure why,but fits.
  • Zirai - Sanctuary
    Zirai - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    In most game my name is Unity... But when it's already in use I take the name Zirai, Firai, Qirai, Xirai or anything else which ends on irai xD I don't know why, but I start liking it better than Unity...
    As I said before, I never repeat myself!
  • Akine - Heavens Tear
    Akine - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    in cb it was aki
    but everyone kept thinking i was "aki from delphi" o.o
    and added kine
    = akine b:cute
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I chose my name because its.....my name. lol
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Deathsscion - Sanctuary
    Deathsscion - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    All life is born and lives at the expense of others. Things die to allow others to live by lowering the need for resources or to provide nurishment to the living. All life is therefore supported by the end of all life that existed before it. Scion means a descendent and Death's Scion means one who is decended from Death.
    You will hear unusual things like this if you spend more than 3 minutes with me.
  • ayrin
    ayrin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I normally use "avenger" or "the avenger", but both were taken =(, so i took my real name, aaron, and twisted it a little, but keeping the same sound\pronunciation
    Hello.I kill people.
  • shadowrunners
    shadowrunners Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Well....

I chose my name because I always felt like my life consisted in the dark, and I was always mysterious, but no matter how hard I tried to run, and find something new, I was always surrounded by the darkness, and thus I keep on running until I find the end.
  • Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
    Aryannaveno - Sanctuary Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Well I choose my name as Aryanna was my IGN in another game and several before that and a big group of us came over. Unfortuanetly Aryanna was gone so I put the Veno behind. Originally? I have used the name for a couple years now and I believe I choose it because I really like the name and it can be shortened easily to just Ary my real name is also quite long with Michelle and with that I just don't like the different nicks. >.< Wanted one which could be shortened easily and I like it. Though that my sister called my new dog Ary.... I never forgive her -.-
  • cherri420baby20
    cherri420baby20 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Ok my char is CHERRIs, I wanted to be Cherri but it was taken!b:cry
    My Fiance` gave me that nick name cuz my name Cherish.
  • zeldrick
    zeldrick Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Zeldrick, because it is my Fursona name. =3 I am one of those fox furry's who wish that they made a fox form of Barbarian ._.
  • vallove00
    vallove00 Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Hmm... My name is Valeria... And my birthday falls on Valentine's Day too... Hence I give myself a nick at ValLove =D Val = Valeria or Valentine
  • Isabeth - Sanctuary
    Isabeth - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    In game name, my account is Isabeth because I name all my archers that. It's made up, so it's usually not taken :D
    My brother's character's name is the homocidal psycopath in a story I write XD
    but akemiidane is my name in japaneese :D
  • _minta_ - Heavens Tear
    _minta_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    minta=[min]ka+sa[nta] .... minka means kitten(im like small kitten, nice and cute, but sometimes can bite hard) and santa(plz dun ask for x-mas gifts) is my real my name
    this is my nick for years and usually no1 else use it
  • koreanthunda
    koreanthunda Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I used Korean Thunda as my name cuz it's a nickname i recieved while on the football team during highschool. Most people just call me KT but hey, don't matter to me none. I always use it as my username and i am called this because one, i am in fact of korean birth, and two, because when i would tackle the other person (in football XD) the noise the collision made supposedly sounded like thunder.
  • Koe - Lost City
    Koe - Lost City Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    My name stands for something but i dont think i wanna say, strangely enough it means "voice" in Japanese pronounced "ko-e" (Ko-ei) and i also like to voice my opinions, My real life name means "Ruler of all" its perfect for my ambitious nature.
    I'm not mean I'm just being honest.

I'm not insensitive, I just don't give a S.H.I.T!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jimmyjong
    jimmyjong Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Well my 3 characters -

Moobs - Man ****. Something I don't have, just wanted a fun name..
    Fourtyseven - Hitman, anyone who's played Hitman, will know! :)
    Tapsumbong - Do a you tube search for Russell Peters and Tap Sum Bong, and you'll find out :)
  • ponta
    ponta Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    welll my name was actually supossed to be bonta, but typed it wrong the first time i used it so ponta it is =D
    its from the anime FMP*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylOqGrOTn_c
  • Mitsunei - Heavens Tear
    Mitsunei - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    My in game name is Mitsunei =p
    I created this name through knowing and crushing on this one guy i knew for a while. And i always thought his name was sooooo cool! His first name's Ray and his last name is Mitsuno. And i was thinking if i could make a girl name ver. lol So i usually use the name Mitsunei Rei =p
    but i dont like that guy any more. I just love this name XD
This discussion has been closed.