Why did you choose your name??

Options

Comments

• Altihnkai - Sanctuary
    Altihnkai - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i bashed my keyboard when i played kalonline ages ago nd resorted the name to make it look better thats how i formed altihnkai =] never stopped using it eversince.. did have some others but thats irrelevant
  • Altihnkai - Sanctuary
    Altihnkai - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    My name stands for something but i dont think i wanna say, strangely enough it means "voice" in Japanese pronounced "ko-e" (Ko-ei) and i also like to voice my opinions, My real life name means "Ruler of all" its perfect for my ambitious nature.

koe is the dutch word for cow... but i like your explaination of it better xD
  • twiggzz
    twiggzz Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Mine is a nickname I got because I'm being Twiggy Ramirez for halloween, so now everybody calls me Twiggz :P Though, I had to add an extra Z to the end.
    If it wasnt Twiggzz, it'd totally be Mrs. Reznor b:laugh
    вυт тнєу'ℓℓ ηєνєя вє gσσ∂ тσ уσυ, вα∂ тσ уσυ.
    тнєу'ℓℓ ηєνєя вє αηутнιηg, αηутнιηg αт αℓℓ. :]
  • Neonkitty - Lost City
    Neonkitty - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Mine kind of came to me spur the moment
  • Deusaeterna - Sanctuary
    Deusaeterna - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    The last seven were either already used or invalid so I just tossed two together and went with that. The two are
    Deus God
    Aeterna Eternal
  • vallidon
    vallidon Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Vallidon was the name of my old character on WoW
  • Canus - Heavens Tear
    Canus - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Well I wanted to use my nickname Surge as I use it on other games and things but it was taken so had to use one of my reserves lol so picked Canus its Latin and means gray (of hair) and is often mistaken for canis the Latin for dog so it fits since I'm a wolf barbarian which are grey b:laugh
    "How lonely is the night without the howl of a wolf"
  • Trueazaril - Lost City
    Trueazaril - Lost City Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    umm well i picked Azaril cause its one form of the angel that comes to take ur spirit when u die, and i put True in front of all my game names cause then i know it wont be taken and im use to ppl just calling me Trueb:flower
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ibiki - Lost City
    Ibiki - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I picked my name " Ibiki ".

Because I used to watch Naruto alot and I used the name Ibiki on alot of things.

Like: A site I used to moderate ( about Naruto ).
    Other games
    Other sites
    And that's about it really :)

The full name is Ibiki Morino.

And the character Ibiki is a pretty crazy head of interrogation, who has: scars, screwholes and burnsmarks on his head because he was captured and underwent heavy torture and interrogation himself.

He's not the favorite character in the anime to probably 99% of the people out there, but I liked his persona so I chose him. :)

What Ibiki Morino means in Japanese is:

Ibiki means "to snore loudly " hehe b:chuckle
    And Morino doesn't have a definition in Japanese.

That's all. b:bye
  • Avernus - Lost City
    Avernus - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    umm well i picked Azaril cause its one form of the angel that comes to take ur spirit when u die...

...and is also the name of the wizard's cat, who chases after Smurfs.
  • Mewazu - Heavens Tear
    Mewazu - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I was Amaria, which was just a cool name, but I switched charas and named this one Mewazu. It just sounds cutesy and has Mew in it. =^^=
  • bronza
    bronza Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Bronza is actually my B Elf warlock name when I played WoW before coming to this game and it was a spinoff of the Name Brona from Terry Brooks Shannara Series. Brona was the Warlock Lord and big man bad guy that everyone fears in the first 3-4 books and even when thought of later on in the series even though he's dead it struck fear into the hearts of heros and villians alike.

The spin off of adding a z was cause I like the color of Bronze so thats how I got the z. That's pretty much it.

I was that or Domras which is the first name in Domras Haberd a name I randomly made up back in highschool when I started making a Final Fantasy esc story. That one I just took and shuffled random letters from my full real name till I got something I liked.
  • Kagioshi - Sanctuary
    Kagioshi - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i made my name from Byakuya Kuchiki in bleach my name derives from one of his attacks the zenbonzakura kageyoshi where his sword will scatter into a million pedals on flowers but their little knives plus i think its a cool name :)
  • jiyoana
    jiyoana Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    At first I wanted to name my character with another nickname but I couldn't so I named jiyoana since it's my other nick name.
  • Caladrius - Heavens Tear
    Caladrius - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I derived the name Caladrius from a unit in Age of Mythology. In one of the greek myths, a temple was built on the remains of a witch called caladria. the priestesses of the temple became the best healers throughout the world. in Age of Mythology, Caladria was given the form of a winged woman with healing abilities. from there, it's only a short step to the name I have now. replace the exit "-a" (which represents female words in latin) with the exit "-us" (which, as you might already have guessed, represents male words).
  • Trueazaril - Lost City
    Trueazaril - Lost City Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    ...and is also the name of the wizard's cat, who chases after Smurfs.

lol really??? well i like it even more now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fivefive - Lost City
    Fivefive - Lost City Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Numbers are so unique. I have TwoTwo, ThreeThree, FourFour.... you get it.
  • Aiinariel - Heavens Tear
    Aiinariel - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    mine ish elven for my zodiac sign o.o;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nzxraze - Heavens Tear
    Nzxraze - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Because I'm from New Zealand, therefore I represent with NZ
    And I got 2 cousins who's game names are Hazenz and Blazenz
    So RazeNZ goes along with the cue XP
  • Myish - Sanctuary
    Myish - Sanctuary Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    b:cool Got this name off of another game. From a boss I kind of like. Myish, Lady of the Lake. A cool blue watery Elemental that protects the lake with a scyth as a weapon :O b:bored

Myish%2C_Lady_of_the_Lake.jpg
    b:cold*
    b:faint (Sub Zero!)
  • elvishchampion
    elvishchampion Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I had Just Got Done playing magic the gathering and i was using my Elf deck and i had my elvish champion in my hand and just thought it sounded good

ElvishChampion.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elvishchampion
    elvishchampion Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I had just got done playing Magic the gathering and i was using my elf deck and i was looking at my elvish champion and just thought it sounded good

ElvishChampion.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skitles - Heavens Tear
    Skitles - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Skittles..but someone had it.. And i'm NOT edible >x>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Sig by ForsakenX~
  • Aurumfaramon - Heavens Tear
    Aurumfaramon - Heavens Tear Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Aurum means silver, Faramon is a name I have used for years and Has absolutly nothing to do with pokemon or digimon i made it up when I was 11 and it was a DnD name crossbreed.

would of been Holy Faramon but wanted it in Latin and Sanctus doesn't fit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yujirio - Sanctuary
    Yujirio - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I loike this name cuz when I move to Japan this Is gonna be my new name XD
  • Emugod - Lost City
    Emugod - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    EmuGod was a name I just made up when playing a game called "Emo Creator" or something between those lines. First was EmoGod then I changed the o to a u and created EmuGod! Emu means several different things.
    1.A different form of emotionally handicapped (Emo)
    2.An emulation- A configuration of a game console that can be played over the computer.
    3.An animal... http://www.garden-city.org/zoo/animalinfo/images/emu.JPG
    The name I am using stands for none of those things, nor means anything,

EDIT:: The game was called Emogotchi. I think that's how you spell it. :P
  • Leynora - Sanctuary
    Leynora - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    My name Leynora is actually derived from Leyna, which I got by typing my name into a name generator. It just came to my mind in Dream of Mirror and I have been using it ever since.
  • Moriki - Lost City
    Moriki - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Phloxes is part of my pen name...

And my in game name is typically Moridin, which comes from Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. (Great books!) But seeing as I made a Veno... Moridin seemed a little manly. Thus, Moriki was formed!
  • iliketolol
    iliketolol Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Simple reason: I like to laugh out loud. >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jenkat - Sanctuary
    Jenkat - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Jen-my dad called me Jennifer or Jenny when I was a kid (Not my name, go figure lol)
    kat-my daughters name is katlyn took that part from her

Many years ago (when windows 95 first came out) I was opening my first email account, had to come up with a screen name. After torturing myself for a while, this just popped into my head, and thus Jenkat was born. Have used it for everything ever since.
This discussion has been closed.