edited January 2013 in General Discussion
i want to know wat class have the highest damage in higher Levels
Post edited by mylastnameiswang on

Comments

• Landostander - Lost City
    Landostander - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    My understanding and experience has been that sufficiently leveled wizards or archers tend to deal most damage, however in many situations they need someone to absorb damage for them, as they haven't much in the way of defense. Hence BladeMasters and especially Barbarians who deal less damage but take a lot of punishment have their own niche to fill, though as I understand it the BladeMaster can do more damage (supposedly) than a Barbarian.

Personally I prefer to be a Tank (a barbarian in my case) that's able to win more by attrition than by a couple of devastating attacks, it also makes it possible to survive or run away from encounters where a second or third random enemy decides to attack you while you're busy with some other foe, since you've got the HP to survive a bit longer.

It might also be noted that initially it's not always easy to be a caster type, but if you find a BladeMaster or Barbarian to help you out things get much easier.
  • /haiku/ - Lost City
    /haiku/ - Lost City Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    DPS - Archer.
    Single hit damage - A very well built wizard on a lucky crit.
    /Haiku/ -- Cognitive atrophy at its finest.
    No longer the mistress of being ohko PK'd.
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I think with archer you will be pleased, if you do not mind the cost required to level an archer. They do have the highest dps, and also very important to note, the greatest range. Being able to get an extra shot in can be the difference between victory and defeat.

Wizard has a skill requiring at level 59 that gets rid of casting time for around the next 6 skills, which can temporarily give the highest damage per second against a non robe wearing target.

Both classes have similar play styles compared to the other classes, so in the end, it's a matter of preference and economy.

b:victory
  • /haiku/ - Lost City
    /haiku/ - Lost City Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I beg to differ a tad on the playstyles, as I've seen a lot more variation in skill use on a wizard (well, for the ones that don't try to rely solely on the ultimates anyway), but most archers I come across use the same or a very similar setup. Also, the number of skills you can get off in Sutra's 6 seconds depends on what you're trying to do atm. Other than that, agreed.

It's also worth noting that archers and wizards are great at killing each each other.
    /Haiku/ -- Cognitive atrophy at its finest.
    No longer the mistress of being ohko PK'd.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    on average damage, a full intel venomancer with good damage pet can outdamage everyone.

But then it also depends on which type of mobs you attack, what kind of equipment you wear....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • sweet
    sweet Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    well, wizards do huge damage :P

at least this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNtRjhotlsA

over 25k damage on a barbarian. PW-PH, the GMs testing if it was really not a **** in any way
    IGN: .
    Class: Vim
    Level: 0
    Guild: no guild yet
    Server: Shura (EU Powaah!)
  • giovi
    giovi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    And what about clerics???????
    A Nice well made full attack cleric can outdamage a wiz.
    Nuke heal nuke heal nuke heal and he drops !!!
    Clerics have got plume shell (that when maxed makes u more than resistant to phisiscal damage), spirits gift (when maxed maxes real much ur magic attack that is already really high), a skill that when maxed can sleep ur enemy for 36 sconds !!!!! giving u the time to heal ,redo all ur bufs and nuke !!! wield thunder that is a real h bomb at high lvl with metal mastery and spirit's gift maxed, and I'm stilll not talking about cycone and plume shot with low casting time and nice damage.
    This game has been done to be equilibrate with all the classes there is no better class, all depends on how u build ur character, the staff u have on ur character, and whats ur gamaing type, a cleric can shourely winn agains a barbarian, or a wizzard or all other classes, and the other classes can win viceversa... u need to pick the class u like so ull enjoi more to lvl up and get stronger.
    F.A.C. b:victory
    Proud {PR} member
    {PR}Johnny
  • Kyurii - Heavens Tear
    Kyurii - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    My IQ dropped 30 points reading this thread... LOL at the last post, are you serious? What the hell does class balancing and heal have to do with highest dmg? Highest DPS is veno with phoenix, highest spike is wizard or perdition from pure vit barb

Thats a fact, dont need to come up with excuses, everyone knows that classes have pros and cons, but that has nothing to do with the highest dmg
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Notice his inability to spell. Most people when faced with something poorly written will tend to be dismissive of it on grounds that the author is mentally deficient.
    In this case they're likely correct.

Class balancing and heals don't have anything to do with highest damage. It's just another FAC rambling trying to come up with a coherent argument as to how come they do the most damage despite their skills doing damage that is equal or less than equivalent mage skills.

I think their hope is that eventually people will get tired of arguing with them.

*edit*In this thread he lists an ability to fly as a reason why FAC's are good, so I'd suggest just ignoring him as a lost cause.*
  • Wei - Heavens Tear
    Wei - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    yea lol. look at the arguement. its just hilarious...
    giovi wrote: »
    A ...cleric can outdamage a wiz.
    Clerics have got plume shell ..., a skill that when maxed can sleep ur enemy for 36 sconds !!!!! giving u the time to heal ...

FACs outDAMAGE wizs with plume shells and sleep!
    just fails
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    wizz/barb have highest spike damage. archer has highest DPS. i dunno were u think veno has higher DPS than archer, maybe with the bleed bug, but if that gets fixed ur DPS will be greatly reduced.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kyurii - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    wizz/barb have highest spike damage. archer has highest DPS. i dunno were u think veno has higher DPS than archer, maybe with the bleed bug, but if that gets fixed ur DPS will be greatly reduced.

Pretty sure veno with phoenix (not normal pet) outdamages archer easily, but since they are 2 their agro gets split and so veno never steals agro from anyone... Well I guess the best way to test it would be fb59, where all bosses have 1.3M and anyone can tank them, let archer and veno take down one solo and see whos faster

On second thought though it depends on gear, archer will get alot better with gear compared to veno since you cant gear up your pet.. so an archer with rank8 bow or so would outdamage veno yep, but on "real world" situations, I dont think they can... Anyway feel free to prove me if Im wrong, Id like to see the numbers myself, one could make a wiz + archer + veno party for fb59 and see how long each takes to kill a boss

Oh and Im not factoring in pvp since obviously people die too fast for something as DPS to matter, in pvp its all about skills and spike as you know
  • Shiningon - Sanctuary
    Shiningon - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I thought i would just throw this one in to get the ball rolling

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww245/thorjackson/bighit.jpg
  • Yugoslav - Heavens Tear
    Yugoslav - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    It depends on what lvl of chalenge you want...

if you like things not being easy at all - have a try on Archer & Wiz, it pays out, but deeply later ingame (and you feel extraordinary when you kill with only a hit or two.. but usually you just feel stupid hit&runing all the time)

BM if you like to go sword on head but not really tank, and cleric is a great choice if you like making friends and being in a party...

barbarians are great, they really are - if you like to be like a Schwarzznegger charachter in any of his action movies, cuz you are really looking forward to absorb a great amount of punishment...

in the end, if you like pokemons and a fairly easy ride with lots of money - go with VM, and on the bonus side - they look cute, i have one too =)

btw. I tried several classes till lvl 10. and I advice you to do the same and then see which one suits you the most...
    and to not step on anyones toe with my post - I am a new plaer, but I've been reading post on this forum, and this is a.. "don't know the word".. of what I've learned...

@ Shiningon - horses don't fight back...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - sneering at the world is better than barking at it anyday -
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options

i can more than double that crit on mobs, =)
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    no no no
    the HIGHEST dps is a wizard. when ur lv 59 and have essential sutra, u can launch 3 spells in like 6 seconds, each dealing around 4k dmg without crit or spark. theres also ur other 59 spells which do around 5k dmg at level 1
    (this is for pure mage) but mages have way higher dps in 79 and 89.

archers have the highest dps at a range but not by too much (aroud 400) but at close range they only do half damage but their critical is pretty high, (around 15% at lv 59 because 20 dex = 1% crit) and a archer's evasion is pretty high also which helps with mele mobs.

BM has the highest MELE dps

venos have the highest average dps (mele and magic)

barbs have the highest hp

and clerics are just behind mages and venos but their heal helps them survive
    they also do some pretty high physical dps with plumeshot just behind BM
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    also archer dps is mainly mele and mage dps is mainly magic
  • Purple - Lost City
    Purple - Lost City Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options

God forbid anyone on a PVE server should ever see your HP and chats....
    Wall sniping, ninja tree magic, and medium range artillery. Whine less, please. b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evilixx - Heavens Tear
    Evilixx - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options

Thats a nice screenshot but everyone knows that horses dont have 48K of HP. So while it says you did 48K, you really didnt. I have noticed against mobs lower then your level the damage is spiked. Yet against mobs equal or above your level the damage is lowered.

I have a wiz, a BM, a cleric and a veno. Granted my veno is the highest level, with my BM being 2nd, I have noticed that the only class able to kill mobs 6 to 10 levels higher then my level is the veno. I know its because of the pet but the pet is part of a venos damage. At lvl 34 I have done avg of 1000 dam with ven scarab, and 1200 avg damage with ironwood. My pet does on avg 400 damage with the high being 700 with bash. So you put it together and my veno does on avg 1400, with the high non crit being 2100. Throw in the crit and I do 2000 - 2500. My wiz thats 33 only does on avg about 1300 - 1500 dam. But keep in mind wiz have to aviod "mag resistent" mobs. Or they have to have a charm on.
  • Kyurii - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Sigh, it really shows you guys havent played chars at high lvls... and no one cares which has the highest dps at lvl 30, its worthless (and veno destroys everything else until 60 anyway)

That argument about wizard having essential sutra is nonsense, then I can easily say: archer with demon spark >>> anything else, but what, 15 second dps? we are talking long term here not 15 seconds (or 6 seconds of sutra LOL)

And the one about the horse... what? How does it matter if horses have 48K hp? The point is they have zero defense and will take full dmg, perfect for spike testing anyway... Of course mobs of your lvl will take less dmg, they have higher defense b:surrender

But then what? It doesnt matter, if a Wiz does 50K on a horse and an archer does 30K, it will be reflected into higher lvls as well, because resistances go up for both, so if the wiz does 10K to a lvl 80 mob, the archer will do 6K, wiz still wins in spike
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    From what I know... wizzies have the highest spike damage... and the least survivability... and even in questing with people my level... not even 60 yet, I tend to do more damage per hit than other classes of my level.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • wenh93
    wenh93 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Highest damage is wizards and archers. Simple as that. Wizards for magic damage, archers for physical damage.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Onewingarrow - Lost City
    Onewingarrow - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well, everyone same level in equal gear can do good enough damage.
    Cleric in full attack build may do more damage than a blademaser, but then blademaster could do more damage with dual axes.

So everyone does good damage, but top end damage, then its Archer up until lvl 90, then Wizards gets slightly more top end than archer at level 100.
    You Cannot Kill, What You Did Not Create.
  • Wei - Heavens Tear
    Wei - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Pretty sure veno with phoenix (not normal pet) outdamages archer easily, but since they are 2 their agro gets split and so veno never steals agro from anyone... Well I guess the best way to test it would be fb59, where all bosses have 1.3M and anyone can tank them, let archer and veno take down one solo and see whos faster

Too bad, we can't use phoenix in fbs.

But i have to agree on venos (i mean phoenix venos) do good dps (overall not spiky). when people complain about getting oneshotted by veno+phoenix, saying that fleshream is bugged and doesnt receive pvp damage penalty(which is 50% reduction), Doesnt that make it a twoshot then, if it ever gets "fixed"? If every time I twoshot you when we met, I defintely do some great damage.

edit:spelling
  • iamcarter
    iamcarter Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    To be fair I know a lot of people have likely beaten me but on my cleric that is only lvl 100 with patchwork r8 (only 3 pieces) next to no refine (only +3 on my best piece) and stats i messed up a while ago and have yet to fix (i have over 100 vit and around 80 str) i have crit upwards of 150k before with a sparked tempest that crit while in violet dance. Most magic classes can all put out an absolute massive amount of damage I personally wouldn't count any of them out. Clerics can put out a stupidly large number in 1 hit if you give them an hour to cast the damn spell, wizzies are much faster and do around the same damage in my experiance. Venos and mystics are generally better for consistent damage however because of their pets attacking alongside the spells (although mystics pets are weaker a mystics spells have incredibly low channel time). Its more about your gear and play style then the class your choose in my opinion
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    iamcarter wrote: »
    To be fair I know a lot of people have likely beaten me but on my cleric that is only lvl 100 with patchwork r8 (only 3 pieces) next to no refine (only +3 on my best piece) and stats i messed up a while ago and have yet to fix (i have over 100 vit and around 80 str) i have crit upwards of 150k before with a sparked tempest that crit while in violet dance. Most magic classes can all put out an absolute massive amount of damage I personally wouldn't count any of them out. Clerics can put out a stupidly large number in 1 hit if you give them an hour to cast the damn spell, wizzies are much faster and do around the same damage in my experiance. Venos and mystics are generally better for consistent damage however because of their pets attacking alongside the spells (although mystics pets are weaker a mystics spells have incredibly low channel time). Its more about your gear and play style then the class your choose in my opinion

Check the date of the thread, mystics wasn't even existing in 2008-09... it's a necro. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Check the date of the thread, mystics wasn't even existing in 2008-09... it's a necro. b:shocked

OH THANK GOD!
    I was sitting here staring at two pages of "Archer has the highest DPS of any class" and scratching my head...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mirtilla - Sanctuary
    Mirtilla - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    hahahah necro.... b:pleased
    Im a Seeker but I have no clue what Im seeking.
  • Suikyo - Raging Tide
    Suikyo - Raging Tide Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    zombi thing b:dirty
This discussion has been closed.