Should I drop this guy?

Options
spudfuzz
spudfuzz Posts: 88 Arc User
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
Hi, I went through the list of forums and decided this was the most fitting for this topic so yeah, move it if it's in the wrong forum x:
*warning, lots of text*

I've pretty much been friends with this guy since we were in our level 20s, questing and helping each other to our late 50 levels, But latley things have gone a bit pear shaped. We just had another argument and i'm beginning to wonder if i'm seriously wasting my time being friends with him like my guild says.

I made my guild at level 43, he joined another big named guild which I advised against and he left later, like I knew he would. He decided to try out my guild and I granted him highest position and his girlfriend, a marshal. My guildies didn't like him at all and he didnt like them. One of them joked about him cheating on his girlfriend, he got upset and left.

He actually threw a huge drama over it >_> I understand what the member said was insensitive but he took the situation a bit further than needed. But there's a few reasons leading up to this. Everything I decided i'd get for myself, he and his girlfriend had to get before I did.

At first I spent hours helping them get their rare bunny pets, He needed 5 because he wasnt a veno obviously. I decided i'd get myself a bear cub as the rabbit really wasn't to my taste. I log on the next day and it turns out his gf also has a bear cub. They began rubbbing it in my face how this group of people helped them get it and there was also no mention of helping me get mine.

Later I decided i'd get myself a panther, I begin farming money and saving. Next day, they have one. They rub it in my face too. Same with zen clothing. Later I sold my panther and got a different flying mount instead. He wants one too. I give him around 750k and he buys himself a flying sword. At this point i'm dead broke and he's still rubbing his expensive sword in face. I recall plenty of times when he was dead broke and I gave him money so he could continue levelling.

I decided I didnt like my veno so I make an archer. He said he'd help me out. His high level buddy comes along, they start duelling and i'm ignored. COMPLETLY ignored. He logs out later and dosen't even tell me he's going. Later on when he "helps out" he's flying above me with his gf in his arms smooching and blabbing away about how much they' lubb each other forebber'
and then has the nerve to complain that I meditate too often.

I also still have a long list of bosses almost filling up my quest log and i've asked for his help a million times but keeps going on "Oh yeah my guild helped me kill all the bosses I needed last night ect ect" ...We used to always help each other kill bosses....

I recently had a conversation him which caused this stupid argument but I kinda thought is he really worth being friends with anymore?

him "you should join [guild name] for TWs next week and see what they're like"
me " ok o:"

him "you'd probably be in the 8th squad though, based on power and level even though we're about the same level while i'm in the top 4"

me (A bit offended, i've been adding nothing but magic for the past few levels) "Barbs latley have been having trouble keeping bosses aggroed because I do too much damage..."

him " Lol, (my name) Our tanks have aggro skills, Your tanks are just normal barbarians. The tanks we use have actual tanking skills"

me " =______= All barbs get tanking skills, what's so special about yours? the fact they're in your guild?"

him " No, You arent listening MOST (EFFING) BARBS DON'T USE IT, Our babrs level up those skills so they can be god damned tanks"

me "(And 'normal' one's dont? >_>) Oh alright, so every barb that isn't in (your guild) aren't good barbs, i'll let them know that. *leaves squad*

I told my guild about this latest fight and they're just telling me to forget about 'this loser'
I've never been good with people, so should I? .-.
Post edited by spudfuzz on

Comments

• Tsunamiex - Lost City
    Tsunamiex - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Is this a joke topic?

Cause, if not.

It's a pretty serious situation.

But yeah common sense would just say stop playing with this guy.

Get your money back though...

This person IRL probably isn't "good people" you'd want to even be friends with IRL
  • spudfuzz
    edited October 2008
    Options
    If it was a joke I wouldn't have spent that time writing it o_O
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    PK him.
    pick up his rare loot.
    auction.
    profit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • spudfuzz
    edited October 2008
    Options
    lol latley he's been in pk mode too .....
  • Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary
    Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    If you're having fun with the person and enjoy his company, continue being friends. If there's no support, and you're not having fun, why continue the relationship?

Here's a definition of Friendship from the wiki:

'Friendship' is a term used to denote co-operative and supportive behavior between two or more beings. In this sense, the term connotes a relationship which involves mutual knowledge, esteem, and affection and respect along with a degree of rendering service to friends in times of need or crisis. Friends will welcome each other's company and exhibit loyalty towards each other, often to the point of altruism. Their tastes will usually be similar and may converge, and they will share enjoyable activities. They will also engage in mutually helping behavior, such as exchange of advice and the sharing of hardship. A friend is someone who may often demonstrate reciprocating and reflective behaviors. Yet for many, friendship is nothing more than the trust that someone or something will not harm them. Value that is found in friendships is often the result of a friend demonstrating the following on a consistent basis:

* the tendency to desire what is best for the other,
    * sympathy and empathy,
    * honesty, perhaps in situations where it may be difficult for others to speak the truth, especially in terms of pointing out the perceived faults of one's counterpart
    * mutual understanding.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    Options
    *serious post*

You fail big time as a leader. A leader shouldn't be chickenshi- and indecisive. Why are you asking people in the forum anyway? You're the ****** leader so make a decision and don't take shenanigans. A guild won't function well if the members don't respect the leader. The respect doesn't have to be apparent but you'll know its there.

Seriously, step down. Have someone who'es more in tune with the bigger picture take the reign. If you're this beat up by *one* loser, imagine leading a huge powerful guild where you're targeted by jerks server-wide.

Either that, or start toughing up and taking names.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • spudfuzz
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Meh, he used to fit that description. He used to change just a little bit when his girlfriend is around but now it dosent matter is she's there or not.

I noticed it happened to some of my RL friends too. You only exist when they come crying back to you :|
    I just hope other players can see through him.

I was only asking for other's opinions and final confirmation. And i've very luckily had the support of my guild along the way.
    We don't strive to be one of the big territory ego guilds and our guild name reflects that. So it's not as important having a cold hearted leader.
  • saleniece
    saleniece Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    its NOT worth to be friends with him!
  • Vi_zexion - Sanctuary
    Vi_zexion - Sanctuary Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    *serious post*

You fail big time as a leader. A leader shouldn't be chickenshi- and indecisive. Why are you asking people in the forum anyway? You're the ****** leader so make a decision and don't take shenanigans. A guild won't function well if the members don't respect the leader. The respect doesn't have to be apparent but you'll know its there.

Seriously, step down. Have someone who'es more in tune with the bigger picture take the reign. If you're this beat up by *one* loser, imagine leading a huge powerful guild where you're targeted by jerks server-wide.

Either that, or start toughing up and taking names.

Wow...harsh but all of your post are kind harsh but at least your straight forward b:victory

P.S.that dosen't sound like a friend to me...more like he took advantage of you...you should drop him.
    In the end all that remains are the good memories you had with them.
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Lesson Learned: NEVER EVER TRUST SOMEONE IN THE INTERNET. Only a few percent of people in the internet can be trusted :) I don't think he'll give you your money back. :) Just hope he will.

EDIT PS: Use your Blacklist, it's VERY useful
  • spudfuzz
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Lol I wont really bother asking for it back I know it was dumb, even dumber to ask :<
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    spudfuzz wrote: »
    Lol I wont really bother asking for it back I know it was dumb, even dumber to ask :<

everyone makes mistakes.. :) just don't do it again. Post his name "if his on HT server" and I might pk him if he's red named XD
  • spudfuzz
    edited October 2008
    Options
    We both are on Heaven's tear but I don't really know what good it would do if I gave his name.
    I mean I even screenied our convo but I decided i'd type out what happened instead x:
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Whoa HT... then we'd really appreciate it if you PM me his IGN. I can probably see to it he doesn't get accepted to at least half of the server's territory owning guilds b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • Miyuki - Heavens Tear
    Miyuki - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Bah, **** that. Get him off the server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -= Leader of Noxious =-
  • spudfuzz
    edited October 2008
    Options
    He's already in one .__.;
    As tempting as that sounds, I don't really think that's fair on him. It was just my stupidity that I caught got up in trusting and befriending such a person >___>;

It might end up just causing some stupid unwanted war between me and him. :|
  • Karalian - Lost City
    Karalian - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Best thing you can do is just get some distance and leave it alone. Starting more fights isn't going to do anything positive. This guy seems like a jerk, so boot him from your guild (seems like that's already done), blacklist him, and move on. You seem to have a very nice, supportive guild behind you. Next time, pick better friends and don't be afraid to ditch someone if they aren't a good friend. I know it's just a game, but don't spend time with people that don't make you happy. I can't speak for all, but my gaming time is limited, I would want to enjoy it as much as possible instead of dealing with BS like this.
  • xauss
    xauss Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i dont see the problem

he used you to level for a bit, and get some cash off you. now he doesnt need you, and plays with his GF instead.

learn and move on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    him "you'd probably be in the 8th squad though, based on power and level even though we're about the same level while i'm in the top 4"

him " Lol, (my name) Our tanks have aggro skills, Your tanks are just normal barbarians. The tanks we use have actual tanking skills"

Those two lines had me laughing for a while...
  • Iroe - Heavens Tear
    Iroe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    stick in ignore list -.- they seem like a *** hole
  • acolyte
    acolyte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I would say drop him, the archer you made drop that to. Make a new and Do Not tell him or his friends who your new character is ;)

Now play and enjoy both game and the archer cause they are so much Fun b:victory

Good luck.
    This game is getting more & more Hostility each day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ladybriar - Heavens Tear
    Ladybriar - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    he sounds like a moron, you have a good supportive guild, concentrate on them and forget he ever existed, if he messages you, ignore him and if he comes crying tell him where to go
  • Mimu - Heavens Tear
    Mimu - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    he's just being immature.

if he's a rl friend of yours, you should really try to talk to him. and hopefully he will turn around. nothing's worse than losing a friend. and losing a friend cos of stupid stuff like this, is just.. b:shutup

if hes just some random guy u met in game, why even bother? b:bye
  • Pinkpeach - Lost City
    Pinkpeach - Lost City Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options

I told my guild about this latest fight and they're just telling me to forget about 'this loser'
    I've never been good with people, so should I? .-.

This guy sounds like a completely ignorant, immature, selfish idiot. I don't understand why you haven't ignored him already. He obviously doesn't care about anyone but himself. Don't respond to any of his pms, or if you do, keep them as brief as possible; don't stoop to his level.

I was lucky to meet a great friend in game. We quested together all the time, and when I decided to start over he waited for me to catch up and helped me with difficult quests. We shared gold, items and almost always went around as a duo. Just so you know you can meet some nice people and not everyone's inconsiderate like your "friend".
  • Aenil - Heavens Tear
    Aenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Yeah... Definitely drop that guy. But seriously, I'd post his name anyway. That guy is nothing but trash and should get a taste of his own medicine. Let your friends across the server give him his just desserts.
  • Charyasha - Sanctuary
    Charyasha - Sanctuary Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    naw a true freind always is nice never insalting....unless there jokeing but he isnt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ).........(\_
    ((______/{"-;
    )).-' {{ ;'`
    ( (. ;._ \\........May the Clan Guardian Run With You Always......... - coad books
  • spudfuzz
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Yeah..he justified everything by saying my opinion is biased....
    his name is 'Sorry' >__>
  • Pinkpeach - Lost City
    Pinkpeach - Lost City Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    It's a shame he plays on a PVE server :(
  • Truvisionary - Sanctuary
    Truvisionary - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    honestly. get really close to him, til he invites you to his house. then ELBOW HIM IN DA FAICE!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deathsscion - Sanctuary
    Deathsscion - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    That guy is just a jerk. Flying around while you work. That is the cue to begin a firewroks display and enjoy the lights and the sound of him screaming at you.
    If he ever shows up here in Sanctuary, we will help him level and when he decides to push the PK button we will rise up en mass to smite him where he stands. Death calls and he WILL answer the call.