Coalition of Reduced Item Prices

Options
Dragodarknae - Heavens Tear
Dragodarknae - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Cash Shop Huddle
I have noticed the prices of items such as Dragon Quest materials, Baby Pets, Herbs, anything that can be acquired without gold or zen, are extremely overpriced by player shops. I understand that certain items are 12 hour drops and can only be acquired by picking those items up every 12 hours, but things that are picked up in game should not be as high as they are being sold now. What this is doing is making a small group of elite players who control the in-game economy and we cannot have this.

I am forming a group called the "Coalition of Reduced Item Prices" and what we represent are players tired of being forced to pay high prices for easily acquired items. We represent people who do not have the endless game hours to grind and pick all of these items like others do so we are forced to buy things. What our organization will do from now on is buy from each other and no one else, and sell in-game items cheaper than the greedy players out there that wish to jack prices up, that is our solemn vow.

If you wish to join in this effort, please sign below and pm me in game for further details on how to get started b:pleased
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BladeMaster of Perfect World
Husband of VanyaDarknae
Shylael Director
"Be who you are lest you let yourself down. Train hard, don't kill steal and have fun, this is a game people"
Post edited by Dragodarknae - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    sorry. moving back to general. mis-interepreted the intention.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • Cupidsfury - Lost City
    Cupidsfury - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    There's already a coalition...it's called Use Your Head and Don't Buy in Overpriced Shops. Prices will only be supported by the demand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    There's already a coalition...it's called Use Your Head and Don't Buy in Overpriced Shops. Prices will only be supported by the demand.

That's the problem. I've tested this. I went to archosaur and started selling overpriced rough fur to see what would happen. I was right next to people selling it for much cheaper than me. Quite a few of my fur sold.

It does not work when people are stupid enough to actually pay the high prices.

What I normally do is go to where everyone is selling something for 3500 each and sell mine for 3k instead. I had a full shop once and when I got up in the morning I was cleaned out. Of course it was most likely greedy resellers that did it so they could sell it for more.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Miss_parijs - Lost City
    Miss_parijs - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I wish it would happen this way, people just stop buying from the ones who over price things, but the fact is, some ppl do have a lot of money to throw around and if there in a hurry they don't really care much so they just pay it.

I do spend the time to shop around for deals, and many others also. BTW, good tip about setting up shop near the over priced sellers. In a small way it works out to our advantage when our shops are cleared out and there's are still running b:chuckle
  • Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary
    Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I've paid higher prices for soft fur for a DQ quest because I didn't feel like trying to get the drops from mobs that are way below my level.

I don't understand the "forced to pay high prices for easily acquired items" part. You're not being forced. If you don't like the prices, go farm it since it's easily acquired. If someone is doing the farming for you (player shops), you pay a convienence charge. Pretty simple.
  • Kahlan - Heavens Tear
    Kahlan - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    If the items are so easily acquired, why don't you go acquire them instead of paying prices you feel are too high?
  • Luxveritan - Heavens Tear
    Luxveritan - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I've paid higher prices for soft fur for a DQ quest because I didn't feel like trying to get the drops from mobs that are way below my level.

I don't understand the "forced to pay high prices for easily acquired items" part. You're not being forced. If you don't like the prices, go farm it since it's easily acquired. If someone is doing the farming for you (player shops), you pay a convenience charge. Pretty simple.

I agree with this, as well as the general sentiment expressed thus far. The economy is capitalistic, and goods prices are determined by supply and demand as they should be. If you don't wish to pay "exorbitant" fees to "greedy" sellers then go farm the mats yourself. You pay a premium for their time and effort. It takes time for sellers to farm the mats, or to learn the economy well enough to be successful at trading. If these items are so easily attainable, why do they sell for such fees? Like anything else, IRL or in game, you chose how much time you are willing to give up compared to how much money you would like to spend. How would you even determine the prices of items in your coalition, NPC prices? A free market with competition where players are free to trade is the best way to attain the most efficient pricing.
  • acolyte
    acolyte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Do you mean a Faction called "Coalition of Reduced Item Prices" ?

I cant wait to shop in your shops now :p

I just hope that people knows where they are or who to look for.

Thanks for this.

b:pleased
    This game is getting more & more Hostility each day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zenpachi - Heavens Tear
    Zenpachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I may be new to this game, but I am certainly not new to MMO economies. There are two major reasons this will never work:

1) Stupid people will always be stupid

2) Greedy people will always be greedy

The economy is based on supply and demand, as well as these two important facts. General prices will tend to balance out to supply and demand, but price gouging will always exist as long as there are greedy and stupid people - and there always will be both.
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    If you complain about prices in this version, god forbid you ever play other games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dragodarknae - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Very good responses and opinions so far, I agree that stupid people and greedy people will always exist, and yes guys, if I dont wanna pay I'll go farm them and then set up a shop and sell them 10-40% over listed price not 250-300% over listed price like the greedy people do. Fact is thats what im saying we need to do, NOT stop buying but just sell stuff cheaper that way, all of us benefit from the rewards. INSTEAD of only those few who have 500 hours to farm.

So, in furthering my post and perhaps rephrasing it so people dont mistake my intentions, I will be the first in the coalition to post that I will be selling DQ items 30-60% over listed price, which is far cheaper as you will see,and I will be posted up by 531,671 under the tent, right behind the pet manager in North District, wooooot no lag, lol. This will be the headquarters for the coalition, or if you wish to post up near the other sellers thats fine too :) But at least post times you will be opening shop and the coords so we can see them :).

Thanks for posting everyone and be sure to post times and coords when setting up consignment shops!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Husband of VanyaDarknae
    Shylael Director
    "Be who you are lest you let yourself down. Train hard, don't kill steal and have fun, this is a game people"
  • Titan - Heavens Tear
    Titan - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    LOL the prices are to high?
    please just go on 'other games' server or any others and when you come back ill bet you
    won't complain.
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Why are we talking about ' other games', doesnt it say in the TOS not to mention other games in your posts? Please leave that out of my post so it does not get locked, thank you :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Husband of VanyaDarknae
    Shylael Director
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I ask that we keep on-topic, and keep discussion to item prices in this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raerine - Heavens Tear
    Raerine - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    1. If, as you say, these materials are as easily accessible as you say they are, find a way to get them yourself. 2. People have a right to sell wat whatever price they choose - as do YOU. If you need the money to buy other items, sell your own items at high prices. Don't be a hypocrite and say that you want prices to be lowered when you can just as easily sell your own items. It's a two-way street, and that's what makes this perfectly fair.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I am forming a group called the "Coalition of Reduced Item Prices" and what we represent are players tired of being forced to pay high prices for easily acquired items.

No one "force" you to buy anything.

As for the "easily acquired items " part, if they are so easy to acquire, why don't you go out and acquire them yourself?

Failure. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • starman17
    starman17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I'm starting a Coalition of Those Against the Coalition of Reduced Item Prices who's with me??!!

We r gonna have waaaay more muny
  • haku
    haku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I think what Dragodarknae is trying to do is to try to lower item prices by having a lot of players sell those items for very low prices, therefore forcing other players to lower their own prices in order to compete. A nice idea in theory, put it just looks like a field day for re-sellers. By now there are plenty of ppl rich enough to buy cheap stuff in bulk and re-sell at a higher price.

Even if the items are bought by ppl who actually need to use them, it'd be like Boxing Day or discount sales, where items are available for a very low price, but because of the low price, everyone rushes to buy them and they're gone from the economy very quickly, and so they don't affect the item prices in the economy in general.

Another problem is the items that actually are rare and hard to get in-game, like rare pets, baby pets, molds, high-end equipment and Cash Shop items. If the gap between rare item prices and non-rare item prices becomes too wide, then the game will become unplayable without spending real life money.
  • acolyte
    acolyte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Why are we talking about ' other games', doesnt it say in the TOS not to mention other games in your posts? Please leave that out of my post so it does not get locked, thank you :)

Ignore them, most of the "flame" replys here are from the people that sells items at high price.

;)
    This game is getting more & more Hostility each day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    Options
    No one "force" you to buy anything.

As for the "easily acquired items " part, if they are so easy to acquire, why don't you go out and acquire them yourself?

Is this the only arguement you have?

First of all it isnt about how easily they are acquired or how rare they are, I may have wrote that but it was taken wrongly and therefore I will try to explain in lamens terms.

I agree, alot are rich now and will buy them up, but who cares as long as they are ALWAYS available to those who need them, then I wont gripe about who buys them. Im thinking of the working man here, the one that goes out questing, picking herbs and grinding for 50 lvls and ends up with only 50k gp because he earned everything he has. So in saying that, My focus is to have available for those who do not have the gold to buy items at high prices just because people are greedy. Think about your fellow players and quit making this a competition, if you want that go to the PVP server, plenty of it there. I do go out and farm DQ items, but I dont do it with then intention of making massive amounts of gold, I do it for those working class fellows that dont have hours and hours to spend online farming for the stuff, and if I sell it cheap, ive made someone happy. McDonalds is cheap, would you eat there if a big mac was 25 bucks? NO (not that alot eat there anymore anyways haha) but my point is, you would go somewhere else, and thats my aim, here. Let's all set up shops that sell cheaper. If people wish to still price gouge, let them, but I personally refuse to pay 3000 coin for a mystical fur or a mystical blood, aint happening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Husband of VanyaDarknae
    Shylael Director
    edited October 2008
    Options
    If people wish to still price gouge, let them, but I personally refuse to pay 3000 coin for a mystical fur or a mystical blood, aint happening.
    Then don't; don't pay it. You don't have to make some kind of movement to lower prices. They will automatically lower over time if people refuse to pay it. Starting a movement to sell things lower will only encourage the greedy to buy up all they can at those prices, and make ridiculous profit as they resell. In other words, this kind of movement will only make things worse because you would be effectively handing over ammo to the enemy.

Selling things for less to combat high prices is pretty much like collecting charity for Donald Trump.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Then don't; don't pay it. You don't have to make some kind of movement to lower prices. They will automatically lower over time if people refuse to pay it. Starting a movement to sell things lower will only encourage the greedy to buy up all they can at those prices, and make ridiculous profit as they resell. In other words, this kind of movement will only make things worse because you would be effectively handing over ammo to the enemy.

Selling things for less to combat high prices is pretty much like collecting charity for Donald Trump.

I can't stand people who do that reselling ****. The moment I find out a faction I'm in allows that to happen, I leave. They don't deserve my help if they knowingly and willingly kill the economy by making prices shoot up to insane heights.

I will not buy anything from another player unless I'm using it, I will also never sell an item for more than I would be willing to pay for it myself, of course my prices are pretty darn low as a result.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I can't stand people who do that reselling ****.
    That's fine, and I don't either. However, simply ignoring the issue doesn't make it go away. Helping them with low prices certainly doesn't either. That's my point. I hate to see people taken advantage of, and anyone selling for inordinately low to [in the end] assist a reseller to make a huge profit is pretty much that.

Bottom line is sell for an average price, and you avoid most inconveniences like this. Find out what the price gougers are selling something for, then find out what is effectively "giving it away," and do whatever is in the middle. This way, the resellers will likely not want it (too high), and anyone who really wants it will find the price acceptable. Good guys 1, bad guys 0. Simple enough, eh?
    edited October 2008
    Options

That's the way it goes, like it or not. And nothing you can try will change it.

Players will always try to make the biggest profits when they sell something.

Some players will alway be richer than other.

Some players will have +11 items while the majority will only be able to afford +2 or +3.

The very rich players are not those who sell their drops at inflated prices. The very rich players are those who buy tons of Zen and resell them in the auction hall. Buy 100 Zens, resell them for 95k each = almost instantaneously 9.5 millions in your pockets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• star23
    star23 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Dragodarknae . I have to agree with you , i am also one who dont plan to make this game some sort of second life by using every moment to grind and hoard stuff to sell to the biggest price possible . The game has it own balance ,item got a NPC price stated on them . Ofcourse i understand people want a little extra from grinding for hours or havesting but i too dont get the 200-300% to a whole 500% raise of price . As you told it leave those who cant spend alot of tiem ingame in a very hard position .

Also i will add i am surprised the game developer had not put in some sort of price roof with a max % a item could be sold for based on the item natrual NPC price vaule . one major reason to the entire high price in my meaning , is the fact people can buy 'Zen gold' with ingame gold . think the price is 100k for one 'Zen gold' . this mean people want money and fast . For the company it mean less people thinking about buying for Zen ,as you just need to gather stuff and open a shop overnight while sleeping to earn ingame gold to trade for 'Zen gold' .

If there was a price roof in % for item being sold it also would automatic bring the economy down to more reasonable level . Players no matter how much they play would find more reasonable prices , the company might earn more real money from people buying Zen as it would be harder to earn 100k fast .
    edited October 2008
    Options
    star23 wrote: »
    For the company it mean less people thinking about buying for Zen ,as you just need to gather stuff and open a shop overnight while sleeping to earn ingame gold to trade for 'Zen gold' .

Wrong.

It makes the company sell even more ZEN that way.

The gold you buy from auction hall don't comes out of thin air. It's first bought by players who then sells them in the auction hall. You can have 100 millions coins, if no one is selling gold you'll not be able to buy any.

It's good for the company : they sell more zen.

It's good for the seller : they get money fast.

It's good for the buyer : they can get a few gold without having to buy them with rl money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Raaven - Sanctuary
    Raaven - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Personally I understand where people are comming from about your comments. I do not "Farm": 500 hours a day to get the stuff I sell, in a normal few hours of questing I have to help out my guild, and post over 100K wirth of stuff in my shop. And I don't over price, usually I run about half ow what most sell for if not several hundred gold cheaper.

Game economoics will always be this way, and it is not greed, it is not stupidity, it is simply as others have said, supply and demand, everyone want the larger safe, they started a new alt and want it even quicker. Transfer money from an alt, new player/old player gets profit they get their safe extention. Heck even a brand new player just selling to the merchent can make 2K gold in a matter of the time it takes to run the newbie zone.

In truth the servers; all of them are still young, prices will normalize over time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy Rotation time! Thanks to Zirconium for this lovely one!
    Item Data Base: pwdatabase.com/pwi
    Race Quests:
    Elf: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=5321
    Human: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=28411
    Untamed: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=36221
  • Luxveritan - Heavens Tear
    Luxveritan - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    star23 wrote: »
    Dragodarknae . I have to agree with you , i am also one who dont plan to make this game some sort of second life by using every moment to grind and hoard stuff to sell to the biggest price possible . The game has it own balance ,item got a NPC price stated on them . Ofcourse i understand people want a little extra from grinding for hours or havesting but i too dont get the 200-300% to a whole 500% raise of price . As you told it leave those who cant spend alot of tiem ingame in a very hard position .

Also i will add i am surprised the game developer had not put in some sort of price roof with a max % a item could be sold for based on the item natrual NPC price vaule . one major reason to the entire high price in my meaning , is the fact people can buy 'Zen gold' with ingame gold . think the price is 100k for one 'Zen gold' . this mean people want money and fast . For the company it mean less people thinking about buying for Zen ,as you just need to gather stuff and open a shop overnight while sleeping to earn ingame gold to trade for 'Zen gold' .

If there was a price roof in % for item being sold it also would automatic bring the economy down to more reasonable level . Players no matter how much they play would find more reasonable prices , the company might earn more real money from people buying Zen as it would be harder to earn 100k fast .

No, there should not be any caps on profits above NPC prices, as NPC prices are absurdly low on many items. Most of you are probably lower lvl characters who may not have seen some of these items yet (not that I am that high of a level myself) but NPC prices do not reflect an items true value. Sure, DQ items have higher NPC prices, but items like molds, high level mats, rare pets, and tons of others have extremely low values at the NPC compared to the difficulty to attain them. This whole thread is asinine, there is nothing wrong with the economy. If prices are too high at player shops noone will buy, and the prices will naturally lower. There is nothing wrong with resellers taking advantage of price discrepancies. It takes time and effort to learn the economy and understand low, fair, and high prices on items.
  • haku
    haku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options

Im thinking of the working man here, the one that goes out questing, picking herbs and grinding for 50 lvls and ends up with only 50k gp because he earned everything he has.

Dude, it's simply not possible to quest/pick herbs/grind to lvl 50 and end up with only 50k coins unless you're REALLY bad with managing your money or u don't mind bankrupting yourself on some sort of rare/cash shop item. I played a Blademaster in closed beta, never sold a single thing to other players, just quested all the way through, and by lvl 31, I had more than 100k even after buying my skills and Reputation armour and some other stuff.

MacDonald's is cheap because they're selling u ****, and they're not doing the working man any favours by selling them obesity, blocked arteries, malnutrition and empty calories. Besides, they're doing exactly what resellers do: buy cheap ingredients, then sell them at a much higher price as burgers and such to earn a huge profit. In fact, reselling IS what shops do in real life.

As Luxveritan said, NPC price doesn't reflect true price. The same armour that NPCs sell for 7000 coins they will only buy back for ~1000 coins. If you always sell things for only slightly above NPC price, you will spend all your money just to buy your char skills, pots, new equip and repairs as u level. I played my BM extremely casually in closed beta because there was going to be a character wipe anyways, plus they gave us free ZEN to test the cash shop, so we basically had free silver charms and extension stones. Now that I'm playing for real, I sell stuff I picked up along the way as I level, and made waaaay more than 100k by lvl 31. So I think a guide that gives new players a crash-course on the game economy and how they can get rich would be a lot more helpful than just selling super-cheap stuff.
  • Biovolk - Heavens Tear
    Biovolk - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    didnt i read a thread recently saying TW's might **** up the economy since it pours a lot of coins into the game? The factions holding the territories are the ones that are going to make the rules because they earn so much each week. They can afford to buy the items at such a high price. Pus, you're going to have remember that open beta didn't start that long ago. As a relatively new player, I find it a pain to harvest materials/herbs, and killing mobs for certain items. It is so troubling people are willing that high to buy one or two to like finish a banker quest, or another collection quest quickly.