Coalition of Reduced Item Prices

Options
2»

Comments

• erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    It does not matter what stuff sells for. If all these items sell for 10,000 a piece that is fine as long as what you are selling sells for 10,000 too. The only thing lowering prices does is give an advantage to people that do more buying then selling. In other words, the people that use more resources than they bring back into the game want lower prices so they can have an easier time at it. If you were actually bringing in your fair share to the game you would not care what the prices were.

There are no easy to acquire crafting items in this game. Pick any crafting item you like and see how long it take you to get 100 of it. If you want anything in bulk it takes a ton of time to get (unless you just buy it in the cash shop). If you are not selling as many items as you are buying then you are a drain on the resources and you make up for that with your coin. If prices get too low people will stop going to the trouble of collecting resources that they do not need because they will not sell for enough for it to be worth their trouble. I sometimes spend hours getting almost no experience because I spend the entire time just collecting resources. If I sell them for just 40-60% of what a merchant would give me there would be no point in collecting them at all (since most crafting items sell to merchants for pocket change).
  • Dragodarknae - Heavens Tear
    Dragodarknae - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Ok, so I hear everyone's valid points and I'm sitting here talking with my wife discussing this threads validity.

Some say we haven't given anything to the game.....please.

First of all we have sold massive amounts of zen to the auctioneer and have been selling our extra DQ items for a fair price.

We have helped countless newbies on quests that they need and have helped them level up as well, can you say the same?

We have created a faction that does not force our players to give a certain number of hours nor a certain amount of coin just so they have the pleasure of being in our faction. Our faction is about coming into the game and playing together as a community to level each other up and have fun doing it, not to create a monopoly or a super power.

I'm done with this post, my actions will prove my words, and by the way, we will be promoting the idea of pricing caps on certain items in player shops especially DQ items.

Thank you for posting and voicing your opinions on this matter, My only hope for this post was to bring the community together so that all could share in the wealth of the game.

Happy Selling!!!!! b:shutup

~Drago Darknae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    BladeMaster of Perfect World
    Husband of VanyaDarknae
    Shylael Director
    "Be who you are lest you let yourself down. Train hard, don't kill steal and have fun, this is a game people"
  • Eliatron - Lost City
    Eliatron - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Well, actually I think prices are Ok. I mean, this is like buying a channel dress, dont want to spend that money? Look other places, or just make it yourself.
    I have like 300 herbs, and im selling them at 800 coins each. Its not that high, I lower the price a bit so I can be more competitive, to sell somenthing o just to sell faster. But prices are ok considering that grinding cost TIME, COINS (for repair) and not leveling up that much.
    WHY that shouldnt be rewarded? You dont have time? Sorry for you man, some ppl do. And economy is not based on helping man working class or doing charity, is actually about making, YES MAKING, money.
    I dont care if you have or dont have coins, thats my price for herbs or whatever Im selling, dont wanna buy it? So grind, its part of the game!
    If you have 2 hours of game play a day, why dont you grind? Because you just dont want to, or its boring. So youre skipping a part of the game that other ppl are doing for you, thouse that justify the amount of money theyre charging for that items.
    Its that simple! Its like going to a real restaurant (not mc donalds), actually they charge you MORE, because you just sit and wait for food (like here).
    And withouth those "greedy" ppl you speak of, you actually wouldnt even be able to buy something, and what will happen then? Youll have to GRIND :D
    So dont complain that much.
    Economy is about making money, not charity.
  • Zenpachi - Heavens Tear
    Zenpachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Our faction is about coming into the game and playing together as a community to level each other up and have fun doing it, not to create a monopoly or a super power.
    Then why bother selling anything? If you only want to help others when they need it, just give stuff away. I hate to say it, but selling stuff for cheap is a way to make a lot of money, especially if you advertise that your faction is all about "selling stuff cheap." You move a lot of product fast. How do you think Wal-Mart became as popular and profitable as it has? Meanwhile all the single people (small businesses) are struggling to sell their products for even an average price just to progress.

To me, this has 'monopoly' or 'super power' written all over it. A faction designed around fun and leveling wouldn't care about the market one way or the other. You most certainly have motives aimed at making money, which is of no consequence to me, but you disguise it as a friendly and helpful faction. To me, that's much lower than a straight capitalist faction.
  • deshin
    deshin Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Much like a real market you will not be able to control the price. What is so strange is that there must be people that over pay for stuff or why would the overpricing of stuff be so common.

If I had my way the shops would not exist and only the AH would be used. This would reduce all the clutter on the screen as well as help set a market for pricing. It is so frustrating when you want to find something how much **** you have to wade though to not even find it. Make you feel grinding mobs is fun compared to grinding shops. Its really too bad that there is not a easier way to find items that I know people have crafted.

On stuff that is available from the cash shop or a vendor you would think the price would never exceed that. This has become so frustrating that I don't even bother looking for craft materials any more I just buy them from the cash shop. I can't see why you would buy over priced materials when I could go to the AH buy gold and then just buy cash shop materials. If they priced their materials just under the shop price they would sell everthing. I guess they want to prey on stupid lazy people that don't want to take the extra step to buy golf from the AH. More money for PWI and more inflation in game as I dump my 1 star and white to the vendor.
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    We have helped countless newbies on quests that they need and have helped them level up as well, can you say the same?

We have created a faction that does not force our players to give a certain number of hours nor a certain amount of coin just so they have the pleasure of being in our faction. Our faction is about coming into the game and playing together as a community to level each other up and have fun doing it, not to create a monopoly or a super power.

People should be allow to sell stuff at what ever price they wanted. if it doesn't sell, they will eventually lower the price. Heck, if i am buying DQ items at 3-5k. I am not selling my excess for anything less then 3-5k. Its all about the market price as a whole, not the price of a few players. Then again, if you are in a bigger guild you would prob have an access to a "internal" market. I generally give away items to guildies or if i am poor i would sell for NPC price on DQ items.

And i don't believe NPC price is by anyway a fair price. Mold has about a 0.5 drop rate from FB bosses. And yet the NPC price is 100 coins. Now tell me thats fair if i am forced to sell at 100% or even 1000% above the NPC price.
  • Aenil - Heavens Tear
    Aenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    The way I see this.... Is there's no real global listing for items. Sure, you have the AH.. But that system is just horrible. I came from FFXI and there we have 4 Auction House systems. The main AH system that can be accessed from 3 cities across the world is what all prices are based on. You need to check the price of something, you go to that AH or go to FFXIAH.com to look it up a little faster.

Because we have no real centralized market you have a TON (way too many in my opinion) of player shops in the high traffic areas of the towns. You then either have to take the mats/DQ items/Gear/etc. from the first shop you find it in.... Or remember the name/location of the shop and the price of the materials while you browse other shops for a better price.

My suggestion would be for PW to revamp their AH system. Because that's unlikely to happen... We will continue to see a ton of price gouging.

And another note... 80% of the people playing PW at the moment don't know of a good resource for it. And really, as far as I know there ISN'T a good resource for PWI. Sure, there are plenty for PW-MY and the majority of items / mobs that you see on it are easily translated over, but it's still annoying in my opinion. I'm working on getting a wiki up and running for PWI... Just have to smack some sense into the people that run it first.
  • Raaven - Sanctuary
    Raaven - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    There is actually a wiki already being translated for PWI it is http://1perfectworld.com/quests_in/ maybe you can get together with them and work something out where we can have one centralized location.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy Rotation time! Thanks to Zirconium for this lovely one!
    Item Data Base: pwdatabase.com/pwi
    Race Quests:
    Elf: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=5321
    Human: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=28411
    Untamed: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=36221
  • Aenil - Heavens Tear
    Aenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Yeah... Just because something is editable by anyone doesn't make it a wiki. I'd prefer something more like Wikipedia or FFXIClopedia.
  • Raaven - Sanctuary
    Raaven - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Yeah... Just because something is editable by anyone doesn't make it a wiki. I'd prefer something more like Wikipedia or FFXIClopedia.

Umm it was directed to you only to help in your creation of your wiki, but I will remember not to make a suggestion again when it comes to this. I apologize for it comming out any otyher way. Usually when one says get to gether and work together that means as a resource not as a primary.. but *shrugs*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy Rotation time! Thanks to Zirconium for this lovely one!
    Item Data Base: pwdatabase.com/pwi
    Race Quests:
    Elf: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=5321
    Human: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=28411
    Untamed: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=36221
  • Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary
    Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options

And another note... 80% of the people playing PW at the moment don't know of a good resource for it. And really, as far as I know there ISN'T a good resource for PWI.

My favorite resource when farming for mats is http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi

I always have it up when I'm playing the game, and it hasn't lead me astray yet. b:victory
  • necro999
    necro999 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I like that people are egreedy and try to max their prices and profits as high as they can. It makes it easier for me to sell my stuff. I prefer to move merchandise quickly not sit on items for weeks till someone comes along and is so desperate or lazy they pay top dollar.

I try to price my stuff at a price that will be high enough a reseller will not think profitable enough to buy but if someone needs it the will figure i better buy at this price cause i may never find cheaper. I do this and i make a lot of small quick profits and my bag doesn't overflow.

If something of mine doesn't sell in a few days i drastically lower price if still doesn't sell in a few more it goes to NPC. This is a shame cause i know i npc items people could have used if the right person came to my shop but i just done have to the patience to try to move low demand items.

I don't mind price gourgers or reseller or people tring to make huge profits on monster drops.

The one thing that does bother me is the people who try to resell something you can get at NPC for more than NPC sell for, hoping to stick it to an unknowledgable player. The most obvious is the crazy stone quest that needs level 1 and 2 stone to complete, that you can buy from merchant for 530 but people try to sell them for 1000 and 1500 right buy the quest NPC. These guys, to me, are the truly despicable.

This is the only area i might want game developer oversight to make it so you cant resell a item that can be purchased at NPC for more than that value. That also might be good for stopping beginner players from quitting. I can imagine a few new players end up buying an overpriced item that can be purchased at NPC for way too much money. Then be so pissed at themselves and game they just say to themselves, '**** this game and those greedy azzholes, i quit'

BTW your coalition will never work. For that to happen you would need all people to agree on price of all items in game or have a president to determine price of all items and all members sell all their item within coalition for that price. Some will sell items they kinda agree with price inside coalition and other they know can get more for outside coalition. If you all just sell cheap in your stands that will not work either cause then a reseller will just get the profit. For that to work you would have to farm so many that you flood the market with item. If you really want to try to stick it to resellers and greedy you could get a group and just farm one particular item. I would highly suggest a crafting item and not a DQ. DQ would never work cause they have high NPC value. I would suggest rough fur . It seems like the hardest to find crafting item and most likely to be price gouged item. (Disclaimer - I am impartial cause i no longer need rough fur and that lvl crafting items) Get a group of around 20 to 30 people to farm nothing but rough fur dropping monsters and put about 10k rough fur on the market in a few weeks and see what happens. If nothing else it would be an interesting experiment.

I think rough fur holders and resellers would eagerly buy up to all the cheap rough fur to maintain price but eventually they would get overwhelmed and loose confidence. At that point the price would collapse in short time frame.
  • Arissu - Heavens Tear
    Arissu - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Coming from someone who does the farming, I can say some of us have to sell high sometimes.
    As I progress in leveling up the cost of weapons, armor and travel go up. Granted there are the few quests you can take to obtain these items, but in many cases your paying for it. Some people cant afford to spend RL money on IG currency such as myself, so I have to fund my expenses. I try to sell at reasonable prices, you'll find that my prices are dramaticly lower than others. Thats because im not trying to stick it to ya..just trying to survive.
    So like many others have said, if your not happy with the prices on a particular vendor than shop around "OR" farm the stuff yourself.
  • Ash - Heavens Tear
    Ash - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    The very rich players are not those who sell their drops at inflated prices. The very rich players are those who buy tons of Zen and resell them in the auction hall. Buy 100 Zens, resell them for 95k each = almost instantaneously 9.5 millions in your pockets.

Is this legal? It won't get you banned? I thought I saw someone on these forums who said they got banned for selling zen....
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Is this legal? It won't get you banned? I thought I saw someone on these forums who said they got banned for selling zen....

No, they have an auction house where people can buy gold with in game coins.
  • Ash - Heavens Tear
    Ash - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    No, they have an auction house where people can buy gold with in game coins.

Oh wow.. That's really awesome. Thanks so much for the tip guys. Just tried it out right now. :D I saw that before kind of but had no clue what it was.. Now I know I won't have anymore headaches with not having enough money to train my expensive skills... as a dollar goes a long way.. Sure beats buying cash shop items to try to resell them in game. So much quicker. Now to get filthy rich irl so I can get filthy rich in game.... b:laugh (there's some twisted PW addict logic for ya.. ;P)

Oh, and I tried the coordinates of the Coalition out of curiosity. No one was there. I guess whatever enthusiasm there was for this idea must have died.

So actually, if you think about it, most of these materials are only about 2 or 3 pennies, considering the conversion rate... Just a thought. I did think they were rather overpriced before but I don't think so now considering I can get 100k in a few minutes by just going by the auction house. It just takes a while to acquire 100k in game if you're only questing and grinding, as mobs only drop so much... But same goes for materials I guess. They aren't so easy to acquire. I try to pick them up on the way when I find them, and it still takes a long time.. So if you think about it, merchants do deserve to get paid something for all that hard work of gathering them. And then taking the time to understand the economy and the going rates for everything.. tis true!

People easily shell out $16 to see a 2-hour movie or order a pizza or have a couple drinks. I don't think spending a couple bucks for some in game cash is the end of the world, if you really need it.
  • zpirit
    zpirit Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    And another note... 80% of the people playing PW at the moment don't know of a good resource for it. And really, as far as I know there ISN'T a good resource for PWI. Sure, there are plenty for PW-MY and the majority of items / mobs that you see on it are easily translated over, but it's still annoying in my opinion. I'm working on getting a wiki up and running for PWI... Just have to smack some sense into the people that run it first.

We got it up and running, www.iperfectworld.com made just for International Perfect World and the Wiki will be pure ipw information.

As you can tell the site is new so it's up to you guys to make this happen ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    iPerfectWorld.com Guardian Angels Giveaway!
  • netrol
    netrol Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Just a little note before you read this post when I say game I really mean Perfect World company ATM. And if I use the term server I really mean ATM location.

Perfect World is a money machine first and a game (okay this is the only time I really mean game) second. Don't blame other players for the pressure you feel to spend real money on this game (perfect World Company ATM). They are but mere puppets of a bigger force here.

The in game prices are driven in part by the existence of the boutique and people's desire to own items only sold in the boutique. Another major factor with in game prices is the cost of skills. You really can't expect to play this game and not spend millions of coin on skills. The in game economy has been well designed to make real money for the game developer. In fact I would say they spent more time on the economic strategy of the game than they did the game content. By trying to under mine the in game economy you will probably do your self a dis service when it comes to buying things like skills.

You can lower prices and your items will be purchased by a reseller. Sure a few might find you before a reseller does. I can gather enough mats for 4-6 FB69 wines in about an hour. I sold the mats for half price of what others were charging. One person purchased all my mats and then put a shop up next to mine and had them for sale for 3 times what I did. As far as my old equipment goes I give it all to lower lvl faction members. I also give mats to my faction members at no charge. Am I in game rich no, lucky if I can buy arrows. But if I need something my faction friends return the favor of giving me the things I need.

What ever you do you will do. I would just remind you that if you are that frustrated over the game then it is not worth playing.

And I would like to say to Perfect World nice ATM machine.b:chuckle
  • roran96
    roran96 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    WOW...even the GM mis-interpreted this one. I think some people just don't quite get wat u meant drgodarknes !.

I for one would be VERY Happy to help you limit the supply of goods flowing between resellers and the general population in game. Some of these items are really very simple to accumulate, especially when doing questing. And, with a maxed inventory bag and bank, I collect thousands of coin worth of mats.
    Some mats that run short due to DQ quests or whateva I would be glad to buy from you or sell to others at near cost prices.

I would agree somewhat however, that being cleaned out overnight is a great way to grab some much needed extra cash.

whateva works I reckon :)

In game name changed to Unrestrained Lv 40+ Veno Heaven's Tear Server. b:pleased
  • Neltharius - Heavens Tear
    Neltharius - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    YES ! Lets make a faction that does this ! Faction CRIP ! b:victory
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I buy all of my Mats and DQ at 10k each.
  • Aeropajita - Heavens Tear
    Aeropajita - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I have seen shop wishing to buy items for 100 and having them for sale at 1,200 at the same time. GREEDY lol. I sell at half NPC prices to be fair (Im on my way to become a Heaven Mage!)
  • Xiaran - Dreamweaver
    Xiaran - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    People are going to be greedy plain and simple. As frustrating as it is, you may just want to find a way to either farm the items yourself or make the extra cash to buy them. Player run economies are always going to be this way. Just be happy it isn't run by currency sellers. This economy is fairly balanced compared to some of the games I have played.
    Recruiting all classes and lvls pm for invite!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kinkajou - Sanctuary
    Kinkajou - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I think this is a great idea, and will gladly support it. I will also bring this thread to the attention of my faction.b:kiss