Can we chose sex?

thorn
thorn Posts: 8 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Chronicles
I really like the Venomancer but where ever i look there are only pics of female chrs...does our class decide our chrs sex? :confused:
Post edited by thorn on

Comments

• junk
    junk Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Venomancer is female only and Barbarian is male only, rest of the characters can have either gender.
  • dragon
    dragon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    why would anyone even think its a rumour Oo i dont get it.. is every girl suposed to play a WF or something sinse WF's cant be male.. we played Guildwars with my girlfriend.. and she was good at it.. she was my monk:P i was the assasin and our guild dominated AB a while back. so im never realy surprised if a girls play different toons and are not allways passive.. agressive chicks are fun too.

and yes there are those closed minded people who have never even seen a girl..

and.. to me a chick in a PT makes everyone watch their tongues focus on the game better and is usualy with a good sense of humour. i wan 5 girl 1 me PT
    if u play wb atlest tell wt sex u are it will be helpful 1 day :P
  • dragon
    dragon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    gurls might think wb are cutie right

:)
  • shri
    shri Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I play on MY -EN server and there we have 70 % of players playing this class are males..

So anyone can play it. :)
  • theninthseraphim
    theninthseraphim Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    No you idiots, he's asking if he can choose gender for his character as a WF.

The answer's no. I'm sad too. The WF is always a girl...with a fox tail.
  • serpentoflife
    serpentoflife Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    thorn wrote: »
    I really like the Venomancer but where ever i look there are only pics of female chrs...does our class decide our chrs sex? :confused:

It's sad but Werefox is only female. And most of the player's with werefox are male.
  • handsomethecarlos
    handsomethecarlos Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    i wanted to become Venomancer and im a guy, D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sgtgrimm
    sgtgrimm Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    It's sad but Werefox is only female. And most of the player's with werefox are male.

I quit.
    /filler: Teh lulz wilfnd joo
  • millenium
    millenium Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Venomancer is female only. Only the almighty females can convert monsters into eggs. Thats pretty straight-forward there. :P
    Millenium, the fallen angel has arrived.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sgtgrimm
    edited August 2008
    That still makes me sad ;-;
  • millenium
    millenium Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Its okay =( Whats wrong with playig with hot customizable female character? Heh.
    Millenium, the fallen angel has arrived.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sgtgrimm
    edited August 2008
    millenium wrote: »
    Its okay =( Whats wrong with playig with hot customizable female character? Heh.

Pixels.....
  • raeyu
    raeyu Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    It's true, I'm a girl. And most of the girl chars i've seen in ANY mmorpg is a guy. :p Try playing flyff.
    Mmorpg = Many Men online role playing girls.
    Girl = Guy in real life.

-_- gah. . .:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kittyeatsushi
    kittyeatsushi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    millenium wrote: »
    Venomancer is female only. Only the almighty females can convert monsters into eggs. Thats pretty straight-forward there. :P
    LOL xD

The title of the thread made me laugh, haha. But I think this race should be able to be either gender too. Though a female werebeast/barbarian would look ugly in my opinion.
  • c453m4573r
    c453m4573r Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    This never got to me too much on my Werefox. I thought she looked cool and I loved playing this job. It's pretty much the best one in the game, I think. So go for it if you want to.
    LOL xD

The title of the thread made me laugh, haha. But I think this race should be able to be either gender too. Though a female werebeast/barbarian would look ugly in my opinion.

I always thought so too. Having a male Werefox would be like having a pet tamer version of Inuyasha. And about the female WB. I bet it could work. After playing many Rareware games from the 90's to 2002, and seeing many female furry artworks (I am not a furry, just to let you know), the concept seems doable to me.
    raeyu wrote: »
    It's true, I'm a girl. And most of the girl chars i've seen in ANY mmorpg is a guy. :p Try playing flyff.
    Girl = Guy in real life.

LMAO Those acronyms are hysterical!
  • cici
    cici Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    raeyu wrote: »
    Girl = Guy in real life.

lol, probably the saddest part is no one can credibly argue that.
  • jace
    jace Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    well ima guy
    and even though venomancers look cool
    im not givin up my man pride to play with a girl character

its just not right

(no offence)
  • magnusnordir
    magnusnordir Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    im not givin up my man pride to play with a girl character

Are you kidding? I'm a guy, and if I have to stare at my character's **** while I play, I'll damn well make sure it's a female :D Besides, the venomancers look pretty hot with the tails and ears.
  • magoo
    magoo Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    its sad , i was looking forward to an egg laying panda >_>
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bron
    bron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Are you kidding? I'm a guy, and if I have to stare at my character's **** while I play, I'll damn well make sure it's a female :D Besides, the venomancers look pretty hot with the tails and ears.
    Quoting for truth. "If you're going to stare at **** for hours on end, you might as well make sure it's a cute female ****."
    Proud Pre-Launch CO and Pre-Launch STO Lifetime Subscriber.
  • draccy
    draccy Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    hhhmmm i just dont get it why is everyone complainig about such a thing i mean its only a game not your RL
    i play WereFox too and i am male if you want a male char go play werebeast or one of the other races
    and if you cant life with it just quit cause its only a game nothing more and nothing less
    if i cant choose a gender i take what i can get and all ppl i encounter in party or guild know im male
    so i even have no advantage of it and the best all of them didnt find me disguessting because im a
    male werefox player ;P
    so jump over your ingnorant shadows and have some fun with this game
    (and i like it too to look on my cute FoxyGirl) xD
  • anima
    anima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    You play what class fit your need, your guild need, and your pocket. Some game healer can only a female char, and what you can do, ask your GF to play it? Lol.
    WF is the least cost class to play in PW anyway.
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kiraimu
    kiraimu Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    lol, i'm a girl myself who wants to be a venomancer but it does seem kinda lame that you cant choose a male character for that class too D:
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    sgtgrimm wrote: »
    I quit.
    /filler: Teh lulz wilfnd joo

I really hope you re-consider playing PWI, It is a really great game to say in the least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • Daniellabeli - Heavens Tear
    Daniellabeli - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I think so, too. Although someone brought up a good point that only VM's can hatch eggs.
    :confused: Why can't we have a tigress, a lioness, a female panda/wolf on PW anyway? I mean..kinda makes you wonder how "natural reproductive laws" work; I'm pretty sure a male panda and a female doe won't give me a cat. For all I know, though, it's probably not a good idea to fling that logic in PW.

Either way, the Barbarians have the worst end of the stick since they can't even customize their fur texture just like in the pictures for loading screens and the like. :mad:: Don't be such a tease, PW.
    It makes me a bit sad in the soul, but I can deal.

As for my reason complaining, I just like being able to have access to that choice. Now what's wrong with that? :(
  • travil
    travil Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    There's nothing wrong with it....And there's nothing wrong with wanting to play a venomancer as a male character either.

Perhaps, just perhaps, it's not about how others see you but about how you see yourself playing that role. That it's about having the choice and just personal prefference in regards to how you wish to play the game and what immerses you into this not-so Perfect World.
  • Aristocrat - Lost City
    Aristocrat - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I am a guy...all the characters I've played around with so far have been female except for one, which I made a female version of right after. Why the hell would I play a male character? The people who still play male characters are pre-pubescent kids.
  • ascleph
    ascleph Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    The people who play female characters are transsexual kids.

Here you are, fixed it for you.
    Now it makes as much sense as what you said... just with the opposite meaning~
  • sillgraan
    sillgraan Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Why the hell would I play a male character? The people who still play male characters are pre-pubescent kids.

I'm 20 year old guy (and no, I'm not ****) and play male char, and most male chars I know are over 18 guys as well.
    Seriously, I have no problem playing a female char, I just prefer a male char, but saying that the only people who play male chars are prepubescent kids is just as ignorant as saying that people who play female chars are transsexual kids (I know you were joking ascleph, just trying to make a point here ;) )
  • Chiraz - Heavens Tear
    Chiraz - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ascleph wrote: »
    Here you are, fixed it for you.

Don't fake quotes, you miserable troll.