Concerns About Cash Shop Pricing

1202122232426»

Comments

• w0o0h
    w0o0h Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I, for one, don't intend to spend money on these "charms". I'll be good enough to play without them. I'll find other ways to handle things.

lets see..

i just want to share my experience playing this game in PW-PH..

ok, i start playing this game last year, because its free to play.. i try it and i was amaze.. i said to my self, i will never buy anything from the item mall.. then at level 40 i discovered that i can have coins in game by buying mats from the item mall.. so i buy mats.. then later, the competition between players start to build up.. need to level faster.. need more money for DQ items.. for skills.. the pots getting more expensive.. i have no choice but to buy gold to make it into coins.. then at lvl 60+ i said, that i really need to buy mount.. so i buy one.. then i notice that my equipments are so ugly.. ive been easily killed by other player and monster.. need to have better equipment.. options is to buy or craft.. i dont have time digging and farming for equipment.. then competition against clan starts, TW TW TW.. need charms to win.. as i level, i need to change my equipment.. and i ended buying things in the item mall that are very useful..

now im a level 95 BM in PW-PH( 3 months ago when im still in the Philippines) with just having a normal flying device(the reward flight) w/out any expansion in my bank or inventory.. after all the money saving things Ive done..

i just fond out that the game cost me about 10,000 pesos ( $220 ) thats fair enough..

but the item mall in PW-PH is times 5 cheaper than PW-I.. so..
    $220 x 5 = $1,100.. hehe..

ready your $1,100 before reaching level 100.. :D

im not here to ruin the game.. i just want a fair price for all.. so please can you lower the prices from the item mall??? :o
  • Samiup - Heavens Tear
    Samiup - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ok now that they have lowered the prices of pajamas, can they put some real clothes over there?
    contact info :
    GS: samiup /\ IGN: samiup /\ PWI : samiup
  • Zress - Lost City
    Zress - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ok now that they have lowered the prices of pajamas, can they put some real clothes over there?

lol hon, what you like to see?
  • Samiup - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    lol hon, what you like to see?

im not talking about female clothings i thing they have quite a selection, but men's clothing ahhhh :confused: they just have Chinese pajamas, and since i do not intend to go to bed any soon, i would love to see some real cloths.
    contact info :
  • Zress - Lost City
    Zress - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    im not talking about female clothings i thing they have quite a selection, but men's clothing ahhhh :confused: they just have Chinese pajamas, and since i do not intend to go to bed any soon, i would love to see some real cloths.

hmmm.. slacks, get rid of the army stuff :p i would like to see some nice shirts on some of the men, nice jacket...
  • Daoso - Heavens Tear
    Daoso - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I see you guys may actually be listening. Exp scrolls are at a good price, and the price of clothing has been lowered.

If you keep the price of hieros down to where they are, things will be looking good.
  • Samiup - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    hmmm.. slacks, get rid of the army stuff :p i would like to see some nice shirts on some of the men, nice jacket...
    exactly T-Shirts, real shirts, Jeans, Pants, Shorts, Boots, Nike's ... LoL :p some nice Kelvin Klein underwear's etc... i mean come on the possibilities are endless, just bound buy whoever is managing the Item mall imagination...
    contact info :
  • Harsh - Heavens Tear
    Harsh - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I see you guys may actually be listening. Exp scrolls are at a good price, and the price of clothing has been lowered.

If you keep the price of hieros down to where they are, things will be looking good.

QTF.

Don't care about clothes, if they reduce hieros price permanently I'm ready to run in underwear :p
  • Fatburger - Lost City
    Fatburger - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Dayum! Those EXP scrolls are hella CHEAP!!! Imma stock up on costco sized quantities. THANK YEW PURRRRRFECT WORLD!!! :D:p:D
  • Forthewin - Heavens Tear
    Forthewin - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    How do you open the cash shop? :p
  • frigid
    frigid Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    How do you open the cash shop? :p

Cash shop is the stack of coins on your mini map. When you open it up that it'll show you the items you can by and there is also a button to go to the site to buy the zen for the shop.
  • Daoso - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    QTF.

Don't care about clothes, if they reduce hieros price permanently I'm ready to run in underwear :p

Lol, Amen to that.
  • Daoso - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    here's my beef dears. I have paid the normal price for the following items...

Star Crossed Love, Seaspray Slacks, Wingspan Heels

So, who do I see about getting my Zen back... Understand I do have some luxury to afford some things, not all mind you, but when you start mucking around with my money, dears, you will make me and others upset. Either stick to your guns, or make reperations to those that have paid the higher price.

You can ask for your money back, but I don't think your gonna get it.

If you bought something at a certain price and the price lowers, your just out of luck. That's how economics work.
  • huang
    huang Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    my $0.02...

Look at other popular, established games in the US, and tell me their rates. You will find that their rates are just as if not higher than the rates PWI has settled on; the only reason you people are complaining is because you are comparing the prices from PWI to PW-MY. Well, stop. 1$=1 unit of any in-game currency is basically standard, and they would be ripping themselves off if they decided to lower the price. You do know, that you are not the only customers they are going to get right?
  • troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    just hanging around to watch till all your little n00b avatars reach level 60s/level 70s, then we'll hear some real crying.

as you were.
  • Kingofhearts - Heavens Tear
    Kingofhearts - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    troll wrote: »
    just hanging around to watch till all your little n00b avatars reach level 60s/level 70s, then we'll hear some real crying.

as you were.
    Appropriate username.
    "there is still much to be done"
  • Deirdrea - Heavens Tear
    Deirdrea - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Plain and simple, I do not have money to spend on an online game, especially not lots of money. I could afford maybe $15 a month tops, if I'm lucky.

If this game ever gets to the point where I have to go over that in order to play the game normally, the game will have one less player. Still, I think people are just trying to do things the fast and easy way, no different than gold buying in World of Warcraft except that it's a part of this game's business model. I, for one, never had to buy gold in World of Warcraft, and so I do not foresee myself doing so here.

If it's ever required, that will be when I stop playing permanently.
    ~DREAM GODDESS~
    Lindsey Lewis
  • kazzierod
    kazzierod Posts: 2
    edited September 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,

We realize that there has been a lot of discussion recently regarding cash shop item prices. We here at Perfect World Entertainment wanted to give you guys an official response and address some of the feedback that you guys have been giving us.

Now a lot of you have noted that our cash shop item prices are more expensive than the prices of Perfect World Malaysia. Now initially one looks at that fact and two questions come to mind:
    1. Why is PWE charging more?
    2. Why should I play here when other regions have cheaper prices?

The answers to these two questions are actually connected.

There are a lot of factors at play when a company decides what prices to set for their game. You need to look at supply and demand, potential inflation, and characteristics of your region's economy.

According to the CIA's World Factbook, these are the figures for GDP per capita in the US and Malaysia:
    Malaysia's GDP = $13,300
    United States' GDP = $45,800

All of these are based on 2007 figures and can be found on the above links by searching for 'GDP - Per Capita.'

Per capita income means how much each individual receives, in monetary terms, of the yearly income generated in the country. This is what each citizen is to receive if the yearly national income is divided equally among everyone.

Now what do these numbers signify? A number of things. The most obvious point that comes to mind is that, on average, an American citizen probably has a larger chunk of disposable income. However the more relevant point is that people in the United States are paid a higher salary on average when compared to Malaysia.

The cost of operating and maintaining an MMORPG in the US is much higher than it is over in Asia.

The average salary staff members is much higher.
    High speed bandwith costs money.
    Having enough staff to maintain optimal response times on e-mails costs money.
    Having enough staff to monitor in-game for bots and gold spammers costs money.
    Having GMs that are not corrupt that do not favor players or guilds costs money.

We just want to provide you guys with a glimpse from our side. We want you guys to understand our perspective on the matter.

We would be stupid to not listen to our community, and as it is our community that supports our company. You guys pay our salaries, and it's in our best interest to make sure that we provide you guys with the best experience possible. We value all the feedback that we've been getting and will continue to keep our ears to the ground.

Feel free to fill this thread with your feedback and suggestions.

you cant really base it on this

cost of living in america is 3-5 times greater than in Malaysia

it doesnt matter how many coins it takes to make a dollar its still a dollar.. and in game 1 dollar = 1 gold not a very good bargain. if you make it a better bargain you will sell more. another thing is having to buy the gaurdiian angels from the cash shop it is wrong ,u r letting other players now waste my money. and yes there are many in the game love to pvp for no reason. that does not please me. i do not mind dying but dont like that i have to spend real money to keep from losing equipment, when i get killed trying to help fight the wraiths and some jerk comes up behind me and kills me.
    you should find another way to reward for the killing than take ones equipment
  • Deafjesus - Lost City
    Deafjesus - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    frigid wrote: »
    Cash shop is the stack of coins on your mini map. When you open it up that it'll show you the items you can by and there is also a button to go to the site to buy the zen for the shop.

or press 'O' to open it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Which Character are you? --http://www.ff-fan.com/chartest
  • kazuyacat
    kazuyacat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    While I am not happy with the price of Zen I still have bought some. Not as much as I would with a lower price mind you, but some. I understand this game needs revenue to survive and I want to pay my dies and get my items, but it is much harder for me to do so when the value is not there... I will continue to buy zen at these prices, just not nearly as much.

If Zen prices are lowered I will buy many more resulting in more revenue for PWE, and I think many other players will as well, think about it.
  • Wishfox - Lost City
    Wishfox - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Plain and simple, I do not have money to spend on an online game, especially not lots of money. I could afford maybe $15 a month tops, if I'm lucky.

If this game ever gets to the point where I have to go over that in order to play the game normally, the game will have one less player. Still, I think people are just trying to do things the fast and easy way, no different than gold buying in World of Warcraft except that it's a part of this game's business model. I, for one, never had to buy gold in World of Warcraft, and so I do not foresee myself doing so here.

If it's ever required, that will be when I stop playing permanently.

I second this motion. If I end up being level 70+ and the need for charms is so expensive that it goes over about $15/month, I'll just play something else. Same goes for xp scrolls, if I end up needing them just to get decent xp to level up at least once or twice a week, and they end up costing me with the charms over that much a month, I'll quit then too. I don't necessarily need these things to play, but they make it a lot easier, and especially having a charm on pvp, that seems to be the de facto standard for most pvpers from what i've read.

And it costs 10 cents just to talk on worldchat? I don't know if that's just a spam reduction feature or what, but it just sounds ridiculous to pay 10 cents for one line of world chat, and with the rate at which some people talk in there I can't believe they paid for it. I've got a trumpet but i'm not going to even use it unless I can't find an fb group. :P
  • Foxygoth - Heavens Tear
    Foxygoth - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I second this motion. If I end up being level 70+ and the need for charms is so expensive that it goes over about $15/month, I'll just play something else. Same goes for xp scrolls, if I end up needing them just to get decent xp to level up at least once or twice a week, and they end up costing me with the charms over that much a month, I'll quit then too. I don't necessarily need these things to play, but they make it a lot easier, and especially having a charm on pvp, that seems to be the de facto standard for most pvpers from what i've read.

And it costs 10 cents just to talk on worldchat? I don't know if that's just a spam reduction feature or what, but it just sounds ridiculous to pay 10 cents for one line of world chat, and with the rate at which some people talk in there I can't believe they paid for it. I've got a trumpet but i'm not going to even use it unless I can't find an fb group. :P

Unfortunately if your planning on doing zhen partys to get the good exp needed to lvl then your in for a shock.
    GOLD charms last around 1hr20 minutes in a zhen party! a silver is $2.50.
    I will leave you to do the math.
    foxygoth-lvl92- arcane veno

ElfyGoth-lvl 65-support cleric
  • Deirdrea - Heavens Tear
    Deirdrea - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    kazzierod wrote: »
    you cant really base it on this

cost of living in america is 3-5 times greater than in Malaysia

it doesnt matter how many coins it takes to make a dollar its still a dollar.. and in game 1 dollar = 1 gold not a very good bargain. if you make it a better bargain you will sell more. another thing is having to buy the gaurdiian angels from the cash shop it is wrong ,u r letting other players now waste my money. and yes there are many in the game love to pvp for no reason. that does not please me. i do not mind dying but dont like that i have to spend real money to keep from losing equipment, when i get killed trying to help fight the wraiths and some jerk comes up behind me and kills me.
    you should find another way to reward for the killing than take ones equipment

Well that's why I chose the PVE server, so I don't have to worry about getting ganked ever. I refuse to play any open PVP games because I despise PVP with ever fiber of my being. I have no time to waste getting ganked and sure as hell won't tolerate losing gear for it.
    ~DREAM GODDESS~
    Lindsey Lewis
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    PWI: We're still waiting for more pricedrops BTW, and the charm pricedrop to be perm. The more items you lower in price, the more we'll buy them!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • emm
    emm Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    PWI: We're still waiting for more pricedrops BTW, and the charm pricedrop to be perm. The more items you lower in price, the more we'll buy them!

Much agreed. I've bought zen already, but will not be buying any more until the prices are lowered. I'm glad to see PWI answering our concerns, and I'm hoping it will continue.
  • dreeoop
    dreeoop Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    To everybody that is complaining about a free game shut-up.Go pay monthly for wow,conan,swg,lotro etc.PW staff thanks for letting me play for free an this game is better than some of the ones i have played where i paid monthly.I have spent money in your shop 20 dollars for 20 gold,but if i don't want to buy i can just play an collect the stuff i need to make things our increase my bank an invo items which you can gather to do.If the game is so bad an so high just quit an stop wasting everyones time on your gripes nobody that likes the game cares about your opinions anyways so just get out of our game.
  • Dsyndicate - Heavens Tear
    Dsyndicate - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    HAY! USA IS OFFICIALLY IN A RECESSION!
    So according to PWI's fuzzy math, dose that mean CS prices will go down?
    :D:D:D:D
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    dreeoop wrote: »
    To everybody that is complaining about a free game shut-up.Go pay monthly for wow,conan,swg,lotro etc.PW staff thanks for letting me play for free an this game is better than some of the ones i have played where i paid monthly.I have spent money in your shop 20 dollars for 20 gold,but if i don't want to buy i can just play an collect the stuff i need to make things our increase my bank an invo items which you can gather to do.If the game is so bad an so high just quit an stop wasting everyones time on your gripes nobody that likes the game cares about your opinions anyways so just get out of our game.

Another newbie come to act like they know what they are talking about? You can just play to collect the stuff you need huh? Can you show me what mats make the silver and bronze hp and mp charms I would love to know that!

The "bank invo" items WRONG.. You can collect mats to increase your bank storage, NOT your inventory. You can ONLY do the banker storage quest 2 times, after that no more. You HAVE to buy storage extension or inventory extension stones.

Learn the game, get to a higher lvl, then try to make an intelligent argument when you actually know what you are talking about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Naris - Heavens Tear
    Naris - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Maybe lower prices as you introduce new items? That way you can keep that high price tier for new items and have older items be sold at a discount.
This discussion has been closed.