Concerns About Cash Shop Pricing

Comments

• junk
    junk Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    To be honest, even if I was still playing, this move would've definately made me quit. The only thing this sale will acheive is: some people will buy alot, creating a ton of instant revenue, and they will level like crazy to take advantage of it. In 2 weeks, they assume most of the people who play a lot (hence also pay a lot) will be in the 60-70 range, and will be less inclined to leave their characters. Also, that's when hierogram consumption skyrockets with AoE parties, HH and whatnot. Blatant bait and switch tactics, the lowest of the low I've ever seen by any management, ever. I won't stand to be extorted, and with this, I'm not coming back no matter what they do, ever.

Sorry, Mystic, I know it's before a TW and all, but I've completely ran out of patience for this game, and F2Ps in general. If there's still room, I'll be back for Aion. Good luck.
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    junk wrote: »
    To be honest, even if I was still playing, this move would've definately made me quit. The only thing this sale will acheive is: some people will buy alot, creating a ton of instant revenue, and they will level like crazy to take advantage of it. In 2 weeks, they assume most of the people who play a lot (hence also pay a lot) will be in the 60-70 range, and will be less inclined to leave their characters. Also, that's when hierogram consumption skyrockets with AoE parties, HH and whatnot. Blatant bait and switch tactics, the lowest of the low I've ever seen by any management, ever. I won't stand to be extorted, and with this, I'm not coming back no matter what they do, ever.

Sorry, Mystic, I know it's before a TW and all, but I've completely ran out of patience for this game, and F2Ps in general. If there's still room, I'll be back for Aion. Good luck.

Regardless of character level, coaxing players into creating a monetary investment in the game in order to make them less inclined to leave is obvious..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • Celes - Lost City
    Celes - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Sigh. You're obviously testing the waters to see how people would react to cheaper hieros.

Do you want to save your game?

Double the rate of Zen per gold.

Problem solved.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    kenshin913 wrote: »
    Also, new fashion items? I don't think that was really necessary. People aren't wearing as much fashion in this game. Not nearly as much as compared to PW-MY. The prices are way too high for it to be reasonable for most people.

My complaint was that the fashions I wanted wern't available.
    Maybe now I might buy something... if it looks good.
  • Kingofhearts - Heavens Tear
    Kingofhearts - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I think 40% off charms is a good deal. I'll probably stock up at the end of the 2 weeks so I don't have to buy any for a long, long time. Buy as many as I can, while they are cheap. Either way, I'm enjoying the game for now and if all the doom and gloom prophecy comes true and I hit a brick wall at lvl 60, I'll either deal with it or move on. Sure I would like to see lower prices but they run the show. I don't think they're going out of business any time soon, tho.
    I guess it sucks to live where the dollar doesn't have much buying power any more....used to be the US dollar was worth more than the Canadian dollar..now it's the other way around...,but I'm drifting off-topic..
    "there is still much to be done"
  • Hong - Heavens Tear
    Hong - Heavens Tear Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    This is my last F2P game; I'll never play another. I wont be leaving PWI yet though :) My game isn't out yet; Aion will win. Though I'd stay in PWI over Aion if things turn out to be good and play Aion later. I rather spend $700 on a P2P game than a F2P tbh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www . rochq .net
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    There are a lot of solid arguments in this thread and we are definitely reading each and every post here.

I'm sure you did....

You took a quick look at your pool, saw that the majority of players voted for cheaper charms and made a 2 weeks sale on them.

Another nail in the PWI coffin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • rev
    rev Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    *shakes head.* no words can be used here to accurately describe this... at least not cleanly or in english...
    "Either you die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Harvey Dent - The Dark Knight

Phase 1 Dungeon Design Contest Winner!
    Entry: Hall of Forsaken Souls, Twas fun to design.
  • Raeli - Heavens Tear
    Raeli - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    We've posted, we've complained, we've made a 60 page thread on the issue, and we're completely ignored. I'm talking, of course, about the current state of the cash shop.

This issue was a major concern back in closed beta, and to date all we've received has been a minor discount. Apparently all Westerners have enough disposable income that a $50 mount is viable (Protip: That's more than many people's internet connection costs each month).

Since complaining and posting have had zero success, the only way to actually make PWE listen is to hit them where it hurts - their wallet. I advise everyone to cease any and all cash shop/Zen purchasing until they bring the prices down to a reasonable level.

I, for one, have no plans of buying ANYTHING until the prices are brought down to a more reasonable level.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    In summary : what happened in this thread with nearly 60 pages and 600 messages of players' requests : (this movie have been approved for all age)
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • k0ji
    k0ji Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I wanted to get a mount but 50$ usd is about 75$ nzd way to much for me to pay for a pet to ride around on, hell my net connection is only 49$ nzd a month.

I'de rather buy a weeks and a halfs worth of groserys than a shiny new kirin.
  • rev
    rev Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Personally, I think they have little hope left, I think within a week, it's the point of no return, as I've noticed a lot of potential paying customers have either moved onto another version of the game, or have moved on to a new game. If the prices stay this high for too much longer, the player base will be tiny, and the amount of income won't be enough to save the game from failure.
    "Either you die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Harvey Dent - The Dark Knight

Phase 1 Dungeon Design Contest Winner!
    Entry: Hall of Forsaken Souls, Twas fun to design.
  • moyles
    moyles Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Seriously people,dont you get it?
    THE DEVELOPERS DONT CARE WHAT WE SAY OR THINK!!
    There total silence is proof of this
    Against logic there is no armor like ignorance.
    Laurence J Peter(1919-1988)
  • Elysoun - Heavens Tear
    Elysoun - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hmm seems alot of people are from New Zealand and Australia :O (i'm from NZ as well)

But yeah, firstly a lot of the in game items cost more than real life items, which I still cannot get my head around..

Then comes the P2P games, sure they cost 15USD to play, but that is it, there is no item mall, no hidden charges, and they actually do respond to your emails etc (plaync has support tickets, however unhelpful the support team is they still attempt to respond to you at least).

On PW i can see myself going through mana charms like mad, right now i'm fine with paying for bronze charms, as they are relatively cheap, but I seriously question my willingness to pay something like $3 NZD to move onto the silver ones.

Overall I think this does it for me for F2P games, PWI will be my last, and if Aion and BnS turns out to be trash i think i'm going to give up on MMOs -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • moyles
    moyles Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    LMAO your movies are more entertaining than the game is :)
    Against logic there is no armor like ignorance.
    Laurence J Peter(1919-1988)
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    In summary : what happened in this thread with nearly 60 pages and 600 messages of players' requests : (this movie have been approved for all age)

You've just gained an ever so slight amount of respect. GRATS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • vigor
    vigor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    moyles wrote: »
    Seriously people,dont you get it?
    THE DEVELOPERS DONT CARE WHAT WE SAY OR THINK!!
    There total silence is proof of this

And I thought at first this game will finally have some nice gms and customer service that cares about their players...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lost City
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    vigor wrote: »
    When PW-MS is out I'm gonna be laughing at you people who still play here and pay for 3x higher cash shop while I'm enjoying it cheap

The admins of PW-MS and PW-MY must be having a good time right now, seeing this mess PWI get themselves into.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • ultimusmagus
    ultimusmagus Posts: 33
    edited September 2008
    karmelia wrote: »

Kudos to you. Very well summarized lol.
  • Celes - Lost City
    Celes - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Comparison:

MY-EN

On MY-EN (I was there for OB launch) it was a laggy mess of a start. Didn't go smooth. But I was interested in the game so I stuck through.

Zoom to level 30. PvP. Hierograms were EVERYWHERE. You were hardpressed to find someone withotu a hierogram. Also, level 30 cash shop flying mounts. Everywhere. NPC flying swords were sold for the money.

Zoom to 40. Mounts. ADC West (Market central pretty much) was filled with people on polar bears and jaguars. Not as common as the flying mounts, but common enough to be roughly 1 out of 2 players riding one.

Zoom to 60. HH. Dolls. Dolls were everywhere. PvP now included a significant possible loss. Your HH green weapons. So PK was now infested with dolls. 30 cents everytime you died.

I remember while playing many, MANY people bought Paladin outfits, a **** **** ton of them, for the black color. I mean 10-20 tries in the cash shop for that black color.

PWi

It started off well. No lag, no server crashes. Then we saw the item prices.

Zoom to 30. PK/PvP. 2 out of 3 player sport a hierogram. And half the players who sport a hierogram only wear bronze. Cash shop mounts? About 1/3 players, I would guess.

Zoom to 40. Mounts. Not that common of a sight. Of course people have those expensive 50 dollar mounts, but compared to how many MY-EN had running around, not that many on PWi. I'd roughly guess MY-EN had 3x as many mounts running around. And that was just with Snow Bear and Jaguar available (Sika Deer/Ele at 50, but couldn't bug them down back then).

Foresight for 60. Not many will have dolls. Why? We just don't want to put money in the game for such dismal returns. Dolls are the same price here as MY, but we just don't believe in the company anymore. They lied to us right to our face, pretty much.

Why would I pay a cable TV repairman to come over my house, kick my TV screen, and leave? If PWi sold a physical product, and that product malfunctioned, the "Tech Support" phone number would be a disconnected number.

Admit your mistake, double the rate of Zen per dollar, and reimburse the people who have already bought Zen. Take away this stupid "Sale" ******** and give us a real event like a 1.5x drop rate or 1.5x exp rate.
  • Kickme - Lost City
    Kickme - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    vigor wrote: »
    One last thing I'm gonna say in this thread.

When PW-MS is out I'm gonna be laughing at you people who still play here and pay for 3x higher cash shop while I'm enjoying it cheap

I think it's funny how people talk about how cheap another version is that hasn't even been released yet. I wouldn't count on it until it actually happens, regardless of what the admins there say. Remember the same company licenses to both MS and PWI.
  • Samiup - Heavens Tear
    Samiup - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    well said @Celes :cool:
    contact info :
    GS: samiup /\ IGN: samiup /\ PWI : samiup
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    why would u lower the heiro price for only 2 weeks? are you testing to see if people will buy them? i was going to buy them until i saw that it would only be for 2 weeks... now why should i invest in a game thats just going to be expensive again. keep the lowered price and i will buy some...
  • Tres - Lost City
    Tres - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Buy a ton before prices return to normal problem solved?
    Previous Character: Tres_Iqus 95 MG
    Current Character: Tres Cleric (See level above)
    Conqueror
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Buy a ton before prices return to normal problem solved?

Who knows if I will be playing this in the near future? Ill buy them when I need them...
  • Tres - Lost City
    Tres - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Its been exactly 2 weeks

Last time i checked

2 weeks does not equal 1 month
    Previous Character: Tres_Iqus 95 MG
    Current Character: Tres Cleric (See level above)
    Conqueror
  • profit
    profit Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    if i have to pay more please do something about the BUGS
  • isoton
    isoton Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I completely agree with Celes. I think you should double the rate from the dollar to gold and for those who already bought zen should get double zen of what they already bought. This would make it pleasing for everyone. Hell why not make it an event to see how much cash return you get. Really a lot of people are complaining and you guys could at least say give us 2 weeks while we come up with a solution. Respond give us some hope because ignoring the masses will get them to ignore you and thats not what you want.
  • Maxgod - Heavens Tear
    Maxgod - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I dont think the temporary price reduction in the heiro prices was meant for price correct. It's just a temporary sale to try to get more people buying (probably because not a lot of people are buying).

I dont think they plan to lower any prices. For those of us who is complaining about the price, this is just a big slap in the face saying --> this is the best we can do for you and we wont lower our price. They really dont care about loosing any zen buying customers because they feel that they will get more customers. This is a very poor pricing startegy, a company should away try to both maintain and get new customers --> not trade one for the other. Well... until they realize that they wont change.

Thanks everyone for your effort but it seems we are doomed to these high prices. I guess there is one good thing about having high prices. It's easier to grind for ingame coins to get zen gold. Curently only 60-90K for 1 gold zen. Maybe 50K if you get lucky. This only punish the people who is buying zen because more people would rather grind for zen then pay for zen. Ooo well...
  • Kickme - Lost City
    Kickme - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    @Tres, you can get a personal guarantee from the GM Kru on PW-MS that their pricing will be the same as PW-MY.

Those guys can't even give a clear date on their CB date, let alone the ACTUAL price of their CS. What that Kru guy actually says compared to what his company actually does is a very different thing. Actions speak louder than words.
This discussion has been closed.