House

Comments

• aodhan
    aodhan Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    The whole situation with housing is rediculous, thats WHY I joined this game. Finding out its not going to be part of the game is why I uninstalled it.
    I was also hoping for a MUCH better crafting system, but don't even get me started on that.
  • aodhan
    aodhan Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Addendum to previous post:

What needs to happen with housing...

Housing as it is on the Chinese server with these additions:

Housing is instanced, but its instanced into neighbourhoods with 'lots' you can buy along a city street that runs down it. The size of the lot is largely dependent on the amount of room available. Lots would be available from a small house (Judging from chinese version I'd say 20x20), to a gigantic lot of up to 100 squares or more on a side.

They would have fine-grained controls of who is and isn't allowed onto the property.
  • Zanko - Lost City
    Zanko - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    It will come back, dont worry.

Zanko~
  • Funky - Heavens Tear
    Funky - Heavens Tear Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Player owned house would be neat. :)
    Won't you take me to Funkytown
  • ind
    ind Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I am new here but I want to play a free MMORPG with housing system.
    Does Perfect World have housing or if it doesn't when they will implement it in the game?
  • toby132006
    toby132006 Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Unfortunaly, no their is no housing system...yet...
  • toby132006
    edited September 2008
    If they do re-add the housing system...do you know when? or atleast what season?
  • Fireblossom - Heavens Tear
    Fireblossom - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I played a game maybe about a year ago that had houses. It really cluttered up the game and slowed it way down.
  • Jokers - Lost City
    Jokers - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    hmm this defenetly would be an awesome update.
  • arra
    arra Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I would start playing today, and cancle my P2P game if they added housing to PW. As a mater of fact I would pay for housing in PW.
  • acolyte
    acolyte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    arra wrote: »
    I would start playing today, and cancle my P2P game if they added housing to PW. As a mater of fact I would pay for housing in PW.

They could maybe make it "zen homes" :D

Anyway i would pay for it to, right about now i miss my 2 18x18 i had in UO... b:sad
    This game is getting more & more Hostility each day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Myish - Sanctuary
    Myish - Sanctuary Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Here's some of my ideas on the topic, you guys can use any of them or none at all :P (some may have been suggested already but I was too lazy to check so... ya b:cute

House ideas:b:pleased
    1) Gotta be instanced so that you can choose to be alone in there or bring firends along
    2) gotta be furnishable
    3) minigames
    4) buyable services (tailor, blacksmith, craftsman, banker etc)
    5) Maybe accessible by teleporter or have an upgrade to the townteleport spell to send you to house instead
    6) Is not limited in design (multiple designs/ race) Can be variable in size shape color etc
    7) maybe simply have a portal to "residential district" in major towns so you can just walk in
    8a) does not cost a rediculous amount to get started
    8b) but has many upgrade that can be accessible when you have a certain amount of reputation or spiritual cultivation or level
    9) Displays achievements
    10) cannot be traded away (like there is no deed that you can sell to someone if you have a really suped up house and sell to some rich noob (rofl do those exist). (really don't want house selling to croud town chat. e.g. WTS lvl 100 house 60 mil obo)
    11) many new quests that allow you to gain special features to your house like a radio in ur house :P
    12a) If people want, they can get houses and live together if they are married or simply want to cohabit one house. Limit max 2 people of opposite gender
    12b) HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SEXUAL RELATIONSHIPS ie you can't have ingame sex when ur in there... for younger audiences. (we all know someone's going to mention that someday...)

********) Perhaps, is account based so if one character on ur account has it all your chracters on the account have it.
    b:thanks
    b:cold*
    b:faint (Sub Zero!)
  • grim321
    grim321 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    house good
    own leveling place very bad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • toby132006
    edited October 2008
    Here's some of my ideas on the topic, you guys can use any of them or none at all :P (some may have been suggested already but I was too lazy to check so... ya b:cute

House ideas:b:pleased
    1) Gotta be instanced so that you can choose to be alone in there or bring firends along
    2) gotta be furnishable
    3) minigames
    4) buyable services (tailor, blacksmith, craftsman, banker etc)
    5) Maybe accessible by teleporter or have an upgrade to the townteleport spell to send you to house instead
    6) Is not limited in design (multiple designs/ race) Can be variable in size shape color etc
    7) maybe simply have a portal to "residential district" in major towns so you can just walk in
    8a) does not cost a rediculous amount to get started
    8b) but has many upgrade that can be accessible when you have a certain amount of reputation or spiritual cultivation or level
    9) Displays achievements
    10) cannot be traded away (like there is no deed that you can sell to someone if you have a really suped up house and sell to some rich noob (rofl do those exist). (really don't want house selling to croud town chat. e.g. WTS lvl 100 house 60 mil obo)
    11) many new quests that allow you to gain special features to your house like a radio in ur house :P
    12a) If people want, they can get houses and live together if they are married or simply want to cohabit one house. Limit max 2 people of opposite gender
    12b) HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SEXUAL RELATIONSHIPS ie you can't have ingame sex when ur in there... for younger audiences. (we all know someone's going to mention that someday...)

********) Perhaps, is account based so if one character on ur account has it all your chracters on the account have it.
    b:thanks

Great ideas =], I really like the mini-game part so you won't just be walking around changing your house, I'm just woundering if you can add a pool, do you think they will add a mini-game to that?

Also I do agree that it doesn't cost a ridicules amount of money, I also wanna add that you don't have to be a certain level to get a house...like 40 or 50(since you already unlock riding pets at lvl 20 and being abot to fly at lvl 30...)..so yeah...let us beable to make a house at level one.

I also like the NPC at your house too =].

Btw I seen a house manager in City of Plume before I think, maybe you can add these features to him or her(I forgot the gender) and other areas?

house good
    own leveling place very bad

I kinda like the own leveling spot, because sometimes it gets annoying when people are around killing a monster you killing or abot to attack, on my veno, sometimes I get my pet to attack a monster, then I see someone else take attack it, but I do think people wont level on the fields, and would at their house instead, so I think you shouldn't have them give you quest iteams or anything...not even coins, the only thing I think you should get is exp, for grinding, and if you want them to have drops...well then you have to pay money...or pay a bill with ingame money...not real money...
  • Zehethos - Heavens Tear
    Zehethos - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I already decided were I want my house to be!

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/5133/househc9.png
    I am a wraith army commander. I command the Wraiths. I order them to kill. I order them to attack. I order them to tell them to shut up. I order them to do anything I tell them to do. I killed many people. You might be next.
  • Zehethos - Heavens Tear
    Zehethos - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    kisaraven wrote: »
    Houses to Own

Actually it would be very simple to have housing. Such housing exists in some MMORPGs.
    The way it is done, is simple.

There would be a tavern with doors, each door having an address for a mail-box and separate, House-Instance.

That's right, houses are instanced.

Not only could there be a tavern in the main cities, but there could be houses spread throughout the world; once again, these houses would be an instance.

These country houses would have a limit to how many players for each House-Instance owned. A maximum of 10 players to own the same House-Instance; which means, ten separate owners of the same House-Instance. If there is not an opening at a house, then you will have to find a house that has an opening. If a player leaves a house, then that opening becomes available.

Perfect World could use Zen as a way for players to purchase houses. Use Zen to Upgrade houses, buy furniture for houses, etc.

This way, Perfect World developers win, and the players win. It's a win/win situation.

We get our houses, and Perfect World get's us to purchase Zen.

There could also be Guild Forts. Maybe even have PvP Guild Fort vs. Guild Fort. Once again this would all be instanced.

On a side note, I really think that Perfect World looks absolutely beautiful.

The End.
    Ravynwynd
    Lost City Server

Your not the owner of the thread and houses will not be instanced AND we will NOT use ZEN to purchace stuff. It just wastes more money.
    I am a wraith army commander. I command the Wraiths. I order them to kill. I order them to attack. I order them to tell them to shut up. I order them to do anything I tell them to do. I killed many people. You might be next.
  • Tara - Lost City
    Tara - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Perfect Sims 2 World International sounds good too me b:laugh

but seriously wasnt this idea scrapped cause it was too bugged?
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    House all the way.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • kevinul
    kevinul Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    there was a housing option but PWE took it away (too lazy to see if this was said)

Hello, I would like to know if this version would consider the feature of housing and/or territory in the near feature. Of course after the company's developers and the game's team decently conduct a or some patches to even the major and obvious bugs of Perfect World International's client that player's seem to find. It would be nice if somehow the developers put some of their own creativity, if they're allowed or can, in to the feature of housing and/or territory and any feature of this client really.
    Regards,
    Kevin K. (a.k.a. Kevinul)
  • Arisaemia - Heavens Tear
    Arisaemia - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Actualy it's not a housing system but a whole personnal land system that was available. Removed when PW went free to play. (not sure if this have been said already). Other PW versions still have it though, but since PW international is still fresh new, give it time and cross fingers, probably they will add it sooner or later. If they don't, I think they might lose a lot of players because it is offered by another english version at the moment. Or a simple faction hall/land system would work as well. I just hope they won't ignore features that are already available on other versions.

I've read some ideas, not bad at all. Though let's not abuse and remember that this is free to play, means limited. Except if they make it available in the cash shop.
  • _minta_ - Heavens Tear
    _minta_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Your not the owner of the thread and houses will not be instanced AND we will NOT use ZEN to purchace stuff. It just wastes more money.

how u know that we won't need buy Zen?
  • Ifuonlyknew - Heavens Tear
    Ifuonlyknew - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    o.o i was wishing the same thing XD i agree this would be cool but maybe pw is to small for all of us to have a house..... i dont know.
  • toby132006
    edited October 2008
    i hope not =D
  • hargeva
    hargeva Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Just give everyone a pole flag, and have them run around on the whole map, and find a place they like, that has some kind of building there, and claim it for themselves b:laugh

Or give us a reusable tent or small cabin we can summon, and stock when not in use b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've Been Broken For A Long Time, And I'm Searching For The Light Again!

Myspace = /darkwizard1982
  • zhuangliang
    zhuangliang Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    A house? Hell yea!
    b:victoryb:victoryb:victoryb:dirty
  • noaruhikari
    noaruhikari Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Actualy it's not a housing system but a whole personnal land system that was available. Removed when PW went free to play. (not sure if this have been said already). Other PW versions still have it though, but since PW international is still fresh new, give it time and cross fingers, probably they will add it sooner or later. If they don't, I think they might lose a lot of players because it is offered by another english version at the moment. Or a simple faction hall/land system would work as well. I just hope they won't ignore features that are already available on other versions.

I've read some ideas, not bad at all. Though let's not abuse and remember that this is free to play, means limited. Except if they make it available in the cash shop.

I'm nearly 99% Sure that they WILL add this feature in later on when PW gets more ppl and funding for the International Game, considering all they really have to do is get a better translation of the game from Perfect World MY, it's not that hard really, all they have to do is pay translators and game encorders to re-encode the game data to less than fractured englsih into more readable and understandable English, lol if that in itself made any sense!!! lol.
  • Arissu - Heavens Tear
    Arissu - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Im all for the housing Idea...but apparently from the links you provided it was thought of and just not implemented.

I would like to see this become an option in-game.

On the other hand...the 4-6 hrs i spend in game will dramatically increaseb:shocked

and who knows I might actually spend some real $$ in the cs.
  • toby132006
    edited October 2008
    haha cool =], well thats for ur support =D
  • toby132006
    edited November 2008
    does anyone know if this house function is coming out in dec 1?
  • Su_WunKong - Heavens Tear
    Su_WunKong - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    A House...?b:dirty

Suggestions:

1: Pool
    2: duel arena
    3:Special effects
    4: Mini War Zone
    5: Soldiers for warzone
    6:Mobs
    7: NPCs moving around like humans
    8:Buildings have interiors
    9:animals
    10: safe zones
    11:Martial Arts school w/ Npc doin attacking posesb:victory
    12:Underground pathes
    13:farmable mats (option that can be bought)
    14: Party/Club/Disco option for friends
    15:Floating houses
    16 little islands
    17: monster gladiators (trainable) to bet and entertainment
    18: entertainment (no strippers)
    19:exp gainable for updating house
    20: castle like home
    21 city like buildings
    22: walls like "The Great Wall of China"
    23 guards/Npc to guard home on the map
    24: Statues of self or others

HOLY **** thats alot of ideas
    PWI STAFF U BETTER MAKE THIS FUNCTION AVAILABLE FOR EVERYONE AND MAKE IT CHEAP (NO GOLD)(COINS OR QUEST)!!!!!b:laugh