How old are you(Im I too old to play thread)?

Comments

• vigor
    vigor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I'm 18 and am dreading starting my life of slavery :(
    We should not have to work at all, its just to make businesses and corporations richer and the poor poorer, hell i want to live out in the hills self sufficient with no one telling me what to do and following the laws of nature rather than the laws of the state, one downside in doing this would mean losing my computer but hey im prepared to do that, im sorry but i can't find happiness in slavery like most of you can (no reference to the NIN song there ;)) and if you can't see why getting a dead end job and paying extortionate utility bills (that we should not be paying for anyways, just google Tesla and see for yourselves) is slavery then i feel sorry for you, i really do.
    Rant over :p

Lol :D

Never thought I'd see someone thinking the same way as me. Yes it's slavery. A person is nothing but a slave to his/her country
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lost City
  • Mikoto - Lost City
    Mikoto - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I'm 20, 21 in 2 months.

It's nice to see a wide range of ages in games. You're never too old to play. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eddardstark - Heavens Tear
    Eddardstark - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Kahlan kudos!

go Kahlan.. go Kahlan u GO girl.
    (SOT fan? ur not a confessor ru)

Teacher is it... wow how kool is dat, we need more good ones!!!
    I teach as well (NO! miss only one disc in the CDrom at a time!!).

VIGOR this kid needs help not an elders condonement I'm 52 3 kids make a dam*d good living repairing laptops for a major INS co. I can drive what I want eat what and where I want with MY money. I work on computers ALL day long then I save a few hrs at the end of the day to play/do what ever the h*ll I want it's my life, I used to think ppl that played golf had no life but that was at 18 I soon realized that life is whatever u make it.

TO: Paradox & Samiup....

Truth: this attitude comes from sitting around waiting for mom, dad or ur Gov to give u something u didnt earn yourself, I cant explain how it feels to get/hold something u've earned yourself.

w/o these slave drivers as Kahlan was saying, u'd be wearing a fig leaf smearing ur self w/ the dung of the biggest animal out there so they cant smell u.

OH YEAH!!! While ur at it learn to eat sh*t raw cause ur leaving slave driver invented things (matches, lighters, blankets) here, in this cruel world.

This is the USA u can be/do anything, all u have to say is "it's my turn".

It's made of people that sit around just thinking sh*t up, some r such a good idea that everybody wants one but he cant make them fast enuff so he calls his bro inlaw but even thats not enuff help (NOT slaves, slaves dont earn a wage)... u gettin the Idea YET Paradox / Samiup?

That said, HAPPY GAMING everyone!
  • Kahlan - Heavens Tear
    Kahlan - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Kahlan kudos!

go Kahlan.. go Kahlan u GO girl.
    (SOT fan? ur not a confessor ru)

That said, HAPPY GAMING everyone!

Mother Confessor actually! In fact I made my own faction named "Confessor" so my name says "Confessor Kahlan"... I may be a teacher, doesn't mean I'm not a neredette!

Happy gaming to you too, unless you're a slave and the massah won't let you.
  • lethalfate
    lethalfate Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Its not about how old you are if you like something stay with it. I'm 25 and will probably find time to fit in a game here or there my whole life. I mean, look at those 90 year olds still playing with train sets...
  • phyrestorm
    phyrestorm Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Some interesting stats, a little old but the trend is upwards in age

46 myself, oldest player I ever came across in a MMORPG was in his 60's

36 here, going to be 37 in a few days. I usually like to play games with my kids as a family thing. a little odd, perhaps. and yes I'm thier MOM, ya ya I'm a total nerd what can I say lol.

anyways, I used to belong to a guild on runescape for people over age 30, and, there was actually somone in the guild who was 94. He's not around any more, but there were several others over age 70. But I think games like runescape actually appeal to older people because of it's simplicity.

I also noticed a trend after playing many many games. older people are more likely to be dedicated enough to be the top players in a game. Just in that clan alone were about half of the top 20 players (out of millions). But it's not just on runescape, it's on most games.
  • Paige - Lost City
    Paige - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    18...lol ^^

=']
    glad to be back =D
    b:thanks
  • Solance - Heavens Tear
    Solance - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Single, mom, nursing student. Wow, its nice to know that I'm not the only adult/female that plays this game. I don't feel quite so alone now. :)
  • kipi
    kipi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Woa.....im only 16.
    u guys r like..... old XD
    compared to me that is .. .. .. ..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kipi-San
  • bludash
    bludash Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Well i am 30 and my wife is 29 we both play, and it is a great game we love playing We both have been gaming since we were around grade school, first date was gameworks and we been together ever since lol. We are expecting our 3rd little one in 3 months and my wife is anxious that it is a girl, fingers crossed.
  • Agentzero - Lost City
    Agentzero - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    20 end of year =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bootneck
    bootneck Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    49 end of this year :)

only been gaming for about 5 years and only on perfectworld for a week :D

still active on lineage2

Wife and daughter both play here my 2 sons don't as their both to young although they both play Lineage.
  • Lizabet - Heavens Tear
    Lizabet - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Another 24 year old here, working part time and trying to find myself the rest of the time. :p Perfect World isn't my first MMO, but its the first f2p one I've found that I like. (Also, first MMO that doesn't completely hate my computer. 512 mb RAM + most MMOs = crash and burn.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • falla2
    falla2 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    only 15 here =)
  • makoo
    makoo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Heya im 17 @college doing pc maintince lol
    no one is ever too old to play mmorpgs :P
  • sirluis
    sirluis Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    kipi wrote: »
    Woa.....im only 16.
    u guys r like..... old XD
    compared to me that is .. .. .. ..

i am 15 -.- ur older then me
  • rogz
    rogz Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    haha good thread...im 30 with 3 kids and iv played mmo's from phantasy star online for the dreamcast 12- 15yrs ago and been playin mmo's since....AND AGE IS ONLY A NUMBER..
  • Zenko - Heavens Tear
    Zenko - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I'm 30 years old, been playing online for about 12 years. You can never get too old to have fun, right? :D
    As someone said earlier in the thread "age is just a number"! :p
  • lobster4221
    lobster4221 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    44 here. I play MMO's to have fun and interact, make friends, hang out with my guild (we've been in several MMOs like Silkroad)

Never too old...maybe when I retire :p
  • nelo129
    nelo129 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Well I'm sixteen. I like this game a lot because other players don't seem to want to kill you as much here!:D
    Also the players seem very helpful, but that may be my view on it.
  • skalmann
    skalmann Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hi there!
    I'm 44 next month :-). Still going strong!!
  • Amewarashi - Heavens Tear
    Amewarashi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    19 here :p
  • Nanna - Heavens Tear
    Nanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ddraggy wrote: »
    I'm 25 (a few months from 26) and working regular part-time. Yup, definitely getting too old to play :eek:

Not really, im 26 too >.<
  • kuukai
    kuukai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    17 ;p..............
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zress - Lost City
    Zress - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    42 dears, married for 21 years, and having a blast playing ^^
  • Obscured - Lost City
    Obscured - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    20 y/o male here. studying computer science.
    I like sports especially extreme ones. This year I m in to martial arts and training on shaolin kung fu.
    I've tried mostly all of the MMORPGS out there , since i had a lot of free time when i had injuries.
    just like now, i have a fracture on my leg :D
  • Sheliaf - Lost City
    Sheliaf - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ha got ya ll beat i'm 37 kid yr old kid at heart. a friend called me to the game. now i have more friends coming. we all played secret of solstice. this game so blows it out of the water. :)
    good luck to all
  • Meowzers - Heavens Tear
    Meowzers - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Well so far I think I may be the oldest player that has posted. 51 year old mom of a 19 year old. I have been married 21 years to a wonderful man who cooks and lets me play games. I joined a guild that broadcasted they are mature however when asking ages they still end up all around 18-19 except a few really nice members. I mostly feel like I'm playing the game with my son and his friends.

I was searching the forums to find out how to start a guild. I was thinking of making one for Old Timers like me. :D I also see many many guilds asking for players that are level 30+. I am a hopeless Alt-oholic and have one of every class and 2 Venos hehe. I am not sure how long it will take me to get to 30 so I stay guildless.

I am very glad to see this many mature people playing this game. Have fun everyone. Hope to see you in the game.

Meow
  • Eddardstark - Heavens Tear
    Eddardstark - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Sorry Meowzer.... 52 3kids 23, 19, 16
  • shini
    shini Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    28 here, work full time/part time student. Thinking about trying to cajole the wife into playing but she doesn't like people. :rolleyes:

The day I am to old to play games is the day I start dying inside.
This discussion has been closed.