How old are you(Im I too old to play thread)?

Options

Comments

• shygirl15
    shygirl15 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I'm pretty sure this is how the conversations go leading up to my debut on To Catch a Predator.

lollllllll

how do i get my avatar pls? i dont go index but i dont see any "change" button in the rop right..
  • Alixandre - Lost City
    Alixandre - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    shygirl15 wrote: »
    lollllllll

how do i get my avatar pls? i dont go index but i dont see any "change" button in the rop right..

Go to the main forum page ( http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php ) and in the top right there is a button that says change.
    PSN - Asurastrike
  • mogtoth
    mogtoth Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    almost 50 here. Never too old to enjoy a well crafted game
  • Aragrin - Heavens Tear
    Aragrin - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    50 Yo Female (51 in 7 days) LOL!!! I am a Registered Nurse. I have been playing computer games since the Vic Commodore 64 came out, bet most of you dont even know what that is! LOL Played Dark Age of Camelot for 4 years and before that the entire Diablo series till the hackers made it not fun anymore. So far, I absolutely LOVE this game, the questing and the promise of territory wars!:D
  • X_final_x - Heavens Tear
    X_final_x - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    18 gaming since 4 on the SNES. Hmmm.........Personally I don't think age matters when it comes to gaming. Anyone can have fun ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kusal - Lost City
    Kusal - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    im 13 and for me it is just another game out of the thousands i play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alixandre - Lost City
    Alixandre - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    im 13 and for me it is just another game out of the thousands i play.

Thousands? I've been playing games since before you were born, and I can't even name a thousand.
    PSN - Asurastrike
  • Carcia - Heavens Tear
    Carcia - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    30 years old and from sweden, been playing mmo's since Dark ages, and since then only game that relly been a option for me to play are mmo's, can't stand singel player games
  • Carcia - Heavens Tear
    Carcia - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Thousands? I've been playing games since before you were born, and I can't even name a thousand.

obviously you aren't that good with numbers when you are 13 :p
  • Fitzchivalry - Heavens Tear
    Fitzchivalry - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Note: I am responding to the post where you chide the 18 yo who is set to start his life of slavery (Wage Slave?) When I quoted you, it pulled the first message you posted on this thread, making my post completely irrelevant, are you lost yet, I am. I need another dose of senior moment...

I think the kid was just using hyperbole...or maybe a 40-hr a week job seems like slavery to an 18 year old....I know that it did to me. But Three cheers for you for being so positive about your life. So many people can't just be happy with trying their best to make their way in the world. It seems like you may have absorbed some of the philosophy that Terry Goodkind put into the Sword of Truth series. If you liked that series (I am assuming you have read it because of your char name) you should read the "Crown of Stars" series by Kate Elliot, I have been totally absorbed by it for a couple of months now, "King's Dragon" is book 1.
  • johnwho
    johnwho Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options

I'll be to old for games whem im 90.. maybe

lmao same here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Found it in Deviantart by Yee[
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I have been playing computer games since the Vic Commodore 64 came out, bet most of you dont even know what that is!

I started with an Intellivision before moving to the Commodore Vic 20. :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kamatayan - Lost City
    Kamatayan - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I'm 19 now....been playing mmorpg since i was a baby. ;)
    b:victory
  • Miss_holly - Heavens Tear
    Miss_holly - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    16 year old dorky girl, right here :D

I spend my free time doodling, or reading manga. I'm the random chick that sits with her loser friends in the back of the cafeteria. Actually, our table is known as the freak table as of last year :) I'm actually pretty darn proud of that, ha ha.

I play this game because I've always loved MMORPGs. If I can find a free one (I have no credit card for anything else) that has good graphics, awesome character designs, and a group of friendly players, then I'm set. So far, I've got 2 out of 3. Now all I need is a guild to join, and I'll be good as gold!

...I feel so young! Never realized people who played these had such ranging ages! Ha ha!
  • Ellyshia - Heavens Tear
    Ellyshia - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I'm 19, a university student from the beautiful city of london. I love games with good graphics. but most of the time i am obsessed with musical theatre - especially Wicked and Rent. I also am a huge fan of Idina Menzel :D. So yes i have seen most of the West End Production. My wish is to conquer Broadway :)
  • Mihimaru - Heavens Tear
    Mihimaru - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    21 here, soon 22^^ Been playing MMO's for uh, 6 or 7 years now. Started off with Anarchy Online, and been playing numerous MMO's ever since.

I dont think there is any age yer too old to play a mmo's, Ive had alot of friends at 50+ and theyve been playing and acting just like anyone else in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The self-proclaimed pink haired gremlin master of Starlight
  • Kamatayan - Lost City
    Kamatayan - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    RUNESCAPE!!!! ahahahahahaha the game that introduced me and got me addicted to mmorpg's :D
    b:victory
  • Renowhoyawad - Lost City
    Renowhoyawad - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    hahaha im only 16 but im turning 17 soon

naaw, you're not old..

The average age person who plays video games is usually 30
    How to pronounce my name part by part: Reno-who-ya-wad
  • Wrathx - Heavens Tear
    Wrathx - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I'm 32 and love all kinds of video games. I have a few different game systems but probably play more computer games then anything. Every single day when I go to work I have my Nintendo DS and PSP with me to play when I have a moment. I drive a semi truck around the city and do deliveries so when I am unloading or loading I have time to play heh. I played and still play one of the very first MMO's there was. It used to be called 10six when Sega ran it but now it's called Project Visitor and it kind of an independent game with the community having alot of input. I do some 3d modeling and help out with some artwork in Project Visitor as well as I do some modding for another game. I've tried quite a few of the free2play mmorpg's and so far this one has caught my attention more than the others.

I think in this day and age there is no such thing as being too old to play video games. There are video games for pretty much every type of person out there now from cooking games to sports games to all out frag fests with lots of blood and guts. Video games are alot more prominent and accepted now more than ever and the video game business itself it huge. I think it's just silly to even think someone could be too old to play video games.

I just started playing PWI last week and so far I'm liking it alot and think I'll probably be sticking around for a whlie.
  • kxllu
    kxllu Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I'm 17 turning 18 this Halloween. I've been playing MMOs for the past year and a half. And i'm still addicted. I've tried many other MMOs before PWI, But so far this is one of the best i've played. I live in a small town so there isn't a whole lot to do =p
  • lunardespair
    lunardespair Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I'm 14. I'm a guy. And I sneak out of my house whenever I can, and I kind of like this game. Also, I'm sleepy.
  • Talien - Sanctuary
    Talien - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    31 and been gaming since the TRS-80 days, went on with the Co-Co, Timex Sinclair, C-64, Atari 2600.....and so on. Been MMOing since Graal and Ragnarok Online alpha test. Yup, never too old to game.

I've been looking for an "old folks" guild myself, but all I've found so far is kids who are too immature or hyper for my liking. I guess that's why I'm usually soloing as a Veno instead of leveling my Wizard.
  • paganb
    paganb Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    30 :P, I think PW is pretty good for a F2P game (don't bother with the flames :p it's a pointless debate), the best F2P game I've played. Personaly I preffer skill based games but there aren't any good ones out right now... not since UO fell into the pit of itemisation :(

I started gameing with the old D&D when I was 11 hehe, then graduated to WoD and Shadowrun in my early teens. I've been an RPer ever since.
  • anneugc
    anneugc Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Hi , I am a 22 yr old girl. Working in MNCb:cute
  • Damson - Sanctuary
    Damson - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    hey im 24, married with 1 two year old son
    i love to play when my son is in bed and the housework is finished to relax before i hit my pillow and sleep instantly lol

your never too old to play! a friend of mine is 52 and we were playing pw together last night for about 2 hours lol
    shes addicted to the game lol
  • pissedoffdwarf
    pissedoffdwarf Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Am i the old geaser of the Bunch? im 38 and find this to be a blast . its a stress relif . With all my pals in my guild . See u folks out there in Heaven's tear. gad my spelling sucks b:victoryb:bye for now

Uncle Sam
    what ever is left on the Battle field be comes Taxable income to UncleSam.

Look for UncleSam when playing .
  • deliciouse
    deliciouse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Am i the old geaser of the Bunch? im 38

Yea nice try!...lol

I'm 47!............... Yea I said it!!!......... I'm 47 Y E A R S old!
    I've been playing video games since I brought my first system home (PONG!) and I haven't stopped.
    I've been in both Gulf conflicts have two kids both in college and I work full time as a computer systems engineer. I play like another poster said, to relax. I'd rather take out my aggressions in game instead of on the train home from work and end up on the front page if you know what I mean. I use to play and mod alot of FPS's and found that I just got amped up even more. The music in this game for some reason is very relaxing and most of the people I run into are pretty kool. So I'll be playing for a while.

If you think some of us are to old to play then maybe your to old!!!
  • hargeva
    hargeva Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Hello People Of Perfect World.

I'm a 26 year old male that lives in Ohio.

I've been plaing games ever since the Atari. Once MMORPG games game out, I got involved in them, and I've had my shares of good times, and bad times. Meeting people, and still laugh, and have a good time whn I meet guys on the game who are playing girls. Its creepy, but hey, whatever floats people's boats is up to them.

Its always a pleasure to play some MMORPG's, and your never to old to play. Its about having fun, and enjoying yourself either by yourself, or adventuring with others!

So get out there, and enjoy!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've Been Broken For A Long Time, And I'm Searching For The Light Again!

Myspace = /darkwizard1982
  • jax88
    jax88 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    pfft to old to play. Tell that to all those 50 and over halo pc players lol.

If you ever think you have gotton to old to be a child, thats when the world has finally crushed your spirit! Long live being the age of 12 forever!!!

20 btw, and for all you kiddies... get in that book bag and get them books out. I don't pay taxes for gamers!!!
  • Azazuul - Sanctuary
    Azazuul - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Just turned 37 here, Love games, MMORPGs, tabletop etc. Online games pull down barriers of age, race, gender and so much more until we are all are merely players. I'll never be too old for games. Love the escape. Look forward to seeing any of you out there.
This discussion has been closed.