Comments

• troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    PW International - epic fail.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    The funniest part is, they have 10% of the items that are on MY-EN and they charge 100% more on each.
    heh.. Americans and their jokes. Why don't you publish all the items in the cash shop? why don't you tag them with your prices? are you waiting for people to waste money on these useless fashion and areogear?

Well do something, don't just sit there and blink and your moniters. 40% off on charms for X days is also a failure... FYI
    I was going to post a reply... then I realized, you would likely reply in anger and insult me, to which I'd most likely respond with a wittier comment or slay you with a macro and then, onlookers, seeing that comments had been made, would interpret the traffic as interest, thus earning you attention you don't deserve for your **** post. So, when you DON'T see a comment from me, THAT is me saying "FAIL" in a much more effective manner.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hestral
    hestral Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I do not exactly know the use of buying whatever it is that is needed (or preffered) to buy (new to the f2p scene) but I have noticed some interesting things on this thread.

First off, someone quitting the game before they even start because of a thread is fine. You shouldn't go bashing them because of it. People are going to rely on the forums to find out information about the game and if there is an extremely popular thread (like this one with 70+ pages of responses within 3days) might be enough to push people away.

Secondly, it never ceases to amaze me that players gripe about things on release without giving off a notion that every game is bumpy on release. Its the market standard. No game that i can think of (p2p at least) has ever had that perfect launch i.e class balance, content filled, server bugs, quest bugs, ability bugs, item/equipment bugs etc...

Thirdly, it is really the fault of the American society if prices are more expensive. We spend spend spend on what entertains us and not what is needed. we aren't really the money saving type or really starving if we are playing games and can afford that PC to utilize them. Yes you can go play another version if you so choose to, but I for one do not understand their language. That would make for a language barrier, but if you do understand it then go play that version.

I can say this is my first F2P game and I feel like i am back in UO once again, Finally. I am at so much ease with the mechanics and i am having too much fun atm.

So, back on topic...Once i know more about this buying things with real money for in game advantage I may have more insight. But, if its all wardrobe and that extra 5% run speed...meh i can do without it even if it was extremely cheap.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    hestral wrote: »
    Yes you can go play another version if you so choose to, but I for one do not understand their language.

PWI is the second of 3 English Perfect World versions. Everyone is talking about the other English versions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Agila - Lost City
    Agila - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    PWI is the second of 3 English Perfect World versions. Everyone is talking about the other English versions.

You forgot PW-Philippines... (PW-PH)

AFAIK... PW-PH is the first english version of the game.

PW-PH was on Open Beta way before PW-MY opened for its Close Beta testing.

Sadly, it implemented IP Block when it launch OB.

If you think PW-MY CS items are cheap, PW-PH are way cheaper...

(e.g. A lvl 40 leopard mount under $3 :eek: )

How come a company operating on such measly prices can still operate and maintain

the game? :confused:
  • a247
    a247 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I do not typically post forum reply's, but figured I would on this one. I have only a lvl 20 character and have already realized I have wasted my time on this game because of the cash shop pricing. The things that I have been interested in from the cash shop so far was the mounts and the wedding set, but they are too expensive. And being that my husband and I both played this game together, buying cash shop items for the both of us, would have put us in debt. My husband makes $17 hourly and I am a homemaker. So we don't have much money to drop on things like this, after we pay bills we don't have a lot of money to throw around. A lot of Americans that play games like this don't make 40 grand a year, and if they do they still have to pay bills and the cost of living entirely takes up a big chunk of that income. Buying a wedding set in this game would have cost us more money that it did for us to get married at the courthouse!! And the mounts are a lot more pricey than other games. We can get more for our money playing a different f2p mmo or maybe even a p2p game for a total of $30 a month . You just lost 2 customers, my husband and I are off to play a different game.
  • Kahlan - Heavens Tear
    Kahlan - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    hestral wrote: »
    I do not exactly know the use of buying whatever it is that is needed (or preffered) to buy (new to the f2p scene)

You're right, you don't know, so you're in a poor position to be telling people who is worth berating and who is not.

As for the faults of the "American Society", Americans pay more money in aid to the rest of teh world than the rest of the world combined.

The "fault" for pricing, if there is any, is the company charging the prices. That said, even they aren't at fault. They have a right to charge whatever they want, if we don't like it, we can leave.

I disagree with the pricing structure, but I defend their right to charge it if they so choose since they will have to deal with the ramifications of this choice.

I don't know if you are, or are not an American.. I don't really care. Youa re entitled to your opinion, and if that opinion is ignorant and misguided it has nothing to do with your nationality.
  • Eddardstark - Heavens Tear
    Eddardstark - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Inodiv wrote:
    "Seems the Admins keep trying to convince us this is fair, and we keep trying to convince them it's not.
    I'm just glad we aren't the ones that depend on them for a paycheck."

LOL yeah right "srry honey I lost my job cause they were just too greedy"

PWI seems to have forgotten about all the kids, most of us can afford to pay the price... but living and age has taught us to shop around.

Hmmm let's see, how many ppl playing PWI? now they (all) tell two ppl then they inturn tell two ppl on & on!!

BUT!!! what exactly are they telling these two ppl????

$50=5000zen BUT 100 zen- 1g(or 50g for $50)=struggling to survive!

1 zen = 100g=HURRY BOYS get those new blade servers up before we loose them!Is that cisco on line
    (Aeria points $50=5500+ap so that means < $1=100ap)

I just wanted to try this anyway, too bad I was having alot of fun almost forgot about LC.

Dont get me wrong, I'll still play but only til I need to use ur shop!

C'mon do the math u put this thing together, show us how greedy u realy are PWI!
  • moyles
    moyles Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    It has been said many times in this thread and i can appreciate that its a lot to read through it all.
    Its not about dropping prices to gain some uber advantages its about paying $2.50 for a charm(which IS needed at later levels)which only last a little over an hour when doing a zhen party.
    You have to be rich to justify paying $2.50 per hour to play a F2P game...
    This sale is great and im sure it has brought much needed revenue..but it ends soon..then what?
    Already a hell of a lot of friends from MY server have quit,because they know that gold charms and exp scrolls are going to be beyond there financial budgets(when there introduced)
    And still no official response after 3 weeks...tut tut tut
    Against logic there is no armor like ignorance.
    Laurence J Peter(1919-1988)
  • jaide
    jaide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    anyone know when all the fashion items will be released for the cash shop?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Aioka~Lunar Leader~Heaven's Tear
  • Meatshield - Lost City
    Meatshield - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I firmly state, if Heirogram prices raise above 1.50, I will quit.

As will many other people. You won't make any money with no players, please notice a mistake before you make one.
    Pray for mercy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When kneeling before us gets old.
    RQClan.com
  • xieveral
    xieveral Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Oh look, they lowered the prices on clothing...

I wonder, is this going to be a repeated pattern to profit off the players who don't want to wait for the discounted prices the following week?
    Faction- SevenWind
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    jaide wrote: »
    anyone know when all the fashion items will be released for the cash shop?

They tend to release them a small amount at a time to increase their profits. If they released them all now then people would just buy their favorites and be done with it. this way people get bored with waiting and "settle" for whats in the cash shop now and buy it. Then when new fashion is released they buy the new fashion too, rince lather and repeat.

PW MY will have been open for 1 year in November and their cash shop doesnt even have half the total fashions in it yet. So if they are going to run their cash shop the same here with releasing new items look to be waiting over a year to 2 years to get ALL the fashions in the shop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Kingofhearts - Heavens Tear
    Kingofhearts - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    xieveral wrote: »
    Oh look, they lowered the prices on clothing...

I wonder, is this going to be a repeated pattern to profit off the players who don't want to wait for the discounted prices the following week?

LOL seems like they can't win either way....

I don't know how much of a price reduction it is but it looks like there's exp. boosters in the item mall now too.
    "there is still much to be done"
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Kudos on making more an effort and at least lowering some prices on fashions.

However I think you guys are still NOT listening to the whole picture. The entire cash shop/Zen is overpriced. Lowering the prices on a few items in one catagory doesnt solve the problem. Mounts, Charms, Flyers, and other things important to gameplay are still massively overpriced compared to the cost of Zen.

The whole cash shop, Zen prices need to be redone. Not just 1 catagory in the cash shop.

Next week Charms go back off of sale, the main staple we need reduced in price permenantly! This still isnt cutting it for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Diamondstar - Heavens Tear
    Diamondstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    when i saw the sale on charms, i had a feeling it was going to be a water testing to see if they make more at lower prices without being commited to it, also the new fashions that come out last week all have relatively inexpensive *compaied to the original items* prices
    I think we will see all catagories slowly get revisited as they see it is actually going to make em more ... better to start high and lower it slowly then to start to low and have to raise it
    i willingly paid $5 for a top, heck i played another ftp game that i could spend 5 bucks repairing my weapons if i played to long. You nearly always lost money which ment you had to deposit more to even fix your first aid kits and weapons much less upgrading...
  • Mimelle - Lost City
    Mimelle - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Personally, I do spend some of my "hard earned money" on the game. But, because I earned it, I have the right to say whether I am "wasting" or not. I am the father of a family of four, and to take my family out to a new release movie on the weekend will cost me nearly $60 betwen tickets and concessions. What do I get from that? Two hours of "entertainment" and some very unhealthy food.
    Or, I can spend that $60 in here, and get far more than 2 hours of entertainment. I could buy 4 panthers for less than that and my whole family can run around from place to place, saving tons in teleport fees.

Let me get this straight: you want to spend the money on game instead on the family? ANY outdoor family activity, well, any baord game playing together, is better than family playing online game, everybody at their computer and looking in monitor for hours.

This kind of behaviour is epic fail for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aland
    aland Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Let me get this straight: you want to spend the money on game instead on the family? ANY outdoor family activity, well, any baord game playing together, is better than family playing online game, everybody at their computer and looking in monitor for hours.

This kind of behaviour is epic fail for me.

Your ignorance and lack of intelligence is epic fail for all of us, if u can not appreciate ppl can enjoy what they enjoy and not be directed by a **** like you.
  • syndicatearts
    syndicatearts Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Kudos on making more an effort and at least lowering some prices on fashions.

However I think you guys are still NOT listening to the whole picture. The entire cash shop/Zen is overpriced. Lowering the prices on a few items in one catagory doesnt solve the problem. Mounts, Charms, Flyers, and other things important to gameplay are still massively overpriced compared to the cost of Zen.

The whole cash shop, Zen prices need to be redone. Not just 1 catagory in the cash shop.

Next week Charms go back off of sale, the main staple we need reduced in price permenantly! This still isnt cutting it for me.

Please keep in mind that the GMs are not the one calling the shots, but probly some number crunchers in a office that probly never even played an mmo.

Short story:
    We are pissed off
    We post
    GMs report our displeasure
    The accountants say "ignore em"
    We post more
    GMs press the issue
    Accountants relize they got no money coming in
    They lower a few items to see if people will buy and if its enough for them to profit.

In other words, they need to see what prices on what items will make the most profit.
    Its not much at this time but its something.
    :confused:Archo-um-a... The city formally known as DRAGON:confused:
  • Misslilly - Heavens Tear
    Misslilly - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    tbh i rly dont see anything to btch about. last i checked it was 8.95 for 1k zhen. and so far the only expensive items i see in CS are rideable mounts. spurs clothing and wedding packaging. which none of these are need its a luxory. so if u want them pay for them. point blank. u will not find another mmo with cheaper prices. or an mmo tht allows u to buy Gold in game with in game money. this also is a luxory. If u have the money to be spending on a game like this to begin with even with cheaper prices. obviously ur not poor or hurting for money. same goes with having the internet. if ur tht poor you wont have that either. now. to put a game to comparison. 35$$ for wedding package. ( luxory again ) rappelz CS is 10$$ per 1k gpots. most items u wont spend under 20$$ and u cant get Cs money in game either. most items are 25$ and up. Its either this. or they charge u 15$$ a month to pay the game. Long term wise it comes out to be the same. if u guys have a problem then go play PWMY and deal with the lag. if not. then build a better craptastic machine. TBH idk why PW made US server tobgin with. but tht was there choice.
  • akool
    akool Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    hey im a new player here in the international PW but im from
    India and here 20$ is MORE than a whole month unlimited net connection .
    and i or many other indians on this server cannot afford any of the cash shop items and are deeply hurt as we all love the game and would like PW officials to try and understand the feel of discrimination as human beings and a senseof affordability:confused::(
  • Orora - Heavens Tear
    Orora - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Lowering the price of fashion items and nothing else made me laugh.

That's right, keep the price of items people will inevitably need in the future at a higher price whilst lowering the cost of items they won't ever need. I don't speak for anyone else, but personally, them doing this feels like I'm being given the middle finger.

It's incredibly easy to level in this game compared to other MMOs, countless people are reaching a charm-needing level daily, yet they're taking forever to do ANYTHING about the prices of them. (No, a 40% off sale doesn't mean anything, in my opinion. It was merely a way to try and shut us up for a while.)

Here I was thinking it was generally accepted that the cost of ZEN itself was too high, not the amount of it needed for cash shop items. </disbelief>
  • Zahara - Heavens Tear
    Zahara - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I think they're making an effort to make us happy. Thanks PWI. Maybe it's not what everyone wants, but to be honest, no matter what you give people... they general will always want more.

Yes, the prices are higher than PW-MY, but they're not running this out of MY, nor Philippines, nor any of the other cheaper server countries. The minimim wage there is ridiculously less and so is the average yearly income. It's amazing how so many people complain about jobs going overseas and then turn around and complain because they have to pay more $ to actually support a staff that isn't making chinese factory worker or indian call center wages.

Maybe you don't make a lot and your getting $8, $10, or $12 an hour. But people in Malaysia are making fractions of that. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=malaysian+minimum+wage&aq=f&oq= take a look sometime.

Infact, truth be told, I don't think it's fair to MY that we could just come in and buy cash item shops like water. Maybe be a bit more frugal w/ your purchases? Just because you need heiros for some things, doesn't mean you can't possiblity do anything without them. Grinding takes a hell of a lot longer, but most of the fun of being high lvl is getting there.

And personaly, I am always willing to pay a little extra to support American staff. Yes our economy isn't doing so hot anymore, but maybe we're all making less money because not enough people are willing to do that. You get what you pay for.

Oh and as for the low employment rate thing... If you're unemployed and can't find a job. Seriously, don't spend all day playing this game. Please keep looking for work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deirdrea - Heavens Tear
    Deirdrea - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I, for one, don't intend to spend money on these "charms". I'll be good enough to play without them. I'll find other ways to handle things.
    ~DREAM GODDESS~
    Lindsey Lewis
  • w0o0h
    w0o0h Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    the mats are so expensive! :eek:

if you love TW, and want TW every week.. you need to buy charms on every TW.. every week..

if you love to craft items.. and thats the only way to get the best item.. you need lots of mats from item mall, you cannot dig for a 500pcs mats..

at lvl 70, you need almost 200k coins just for the daily quest alone.. how about the expensive pots??

now they put another item for us to really buy, waahh.. a experience scroll?? now we really need to buy that because of the 50% exp.. or else, its like nothing if you grind..

can you just take off that experience scroll and lower the price of mats and make the charms permanently cheap.. please..
  • Deirdrea - Heavens Tear
    Deirdrea - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Can't farm 500 pieces? Watch me.

:D
    ~DREAM GODDESS~
    Lindsey Lewis
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008

Ill watch you do it the first or second time.

But by the time your high lvl and you spend everyday doing nothing but farming, and realize you dont get to "play" anymore because your online time consists of nothing else but trying to grind or farm the item you need to move forward because you cant get it out of the cash shop, Ill watch you move on to another game.

I have said it over and over. Its possible to do it without the cash shop. However its very hard and you spend more of your time on game "working" than you do "playing" just to get the things you need to "play". Thats when the game becomes no fun. If its no fun there is no point in playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

• Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Please keep in mind that the GMs are not the one calling the shots, but probly some number crunchers in a office that probly never even played an mmo.

I've not seen any indication there's an actual accountant anywhere near the California office. If there was an actual accountant they would have been priced comparably to other MMORPGs. An actual accountant wouldn't be doing these small "tests" of lowering some prices here and there. PWI is starting to come around, I'll give them credit for trying, but they still are missing the big picture that an actual accountant would be able to show them. The worst part about the "charm test" is that they still have no clue just how much people would buy because there's still plenty of us that aren't biting at the gimmick until the whole thing is fixed, that's when they start to see just how many people will buy at normal prices vs their inflated ones. Obviously they noticed a positive change since they have perm lowered some other items now, I bet they'll be quite surprised if they ever get around to lowering everything. That is if they haven't driven off too many players yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zress - Lost City
    Zress - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    here's my beef dears. I have paid the normal price for the following items...

Star Crossed Love, Seaspray Slacks, Wingspan Heels

So, who do I see about getting my Zen back... Understand I do have some luxury to afford some things, not all mind you, but when you start mucking around with my money, dears, you will make me and others upset. Either stick to your guns, or make reperations to those that have paid the higher price.
  • w0o0h
    w0o0h Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008

Goodluck to you! :p
    enjoy the game by farming.. :D
This discussion has been closed.