Poll: PKs, PVPs should LOSE EXP

seph2
seph2 Posts: 40 Arc User
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
Any death from PK or PVP should lose exp.
So people get more serious...
Otherwise, no point to PVP, hardly drop anything as a white name
PK and PVP is not duel by the way.

1. if you are for lose exp. just say "EXP"
2. if you think lose exp is bad idea, Just say "NO"
Post edited by seph2 on

Comments

• n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    NO

reason:
    Don't want to see (a full server - 200) people QQing and making flame topics.
    I was going to post a reply... then I realized, you would likely reply in anger and insult me, to which I'd most likely respond with a wittier comment or slay you with a macro and then, onlookers, seeing that comments had been made, would interpret the traffic as interest, thus earning you attention you don't deserve for your **** post. So, when you DON'T see a comment from me, THAT is me saying "FAIL" in a much more effective manner.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    There is no restrictions in pvp, so how are you going to justify a lvl 90 player running around and killing everyone?

The whole idea behind pk is that ur supposed to hunt the red names.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    i say NO
    RQ pks too much as it is. Do this and they'll probably take over the server.
    I was going to post a reply... then I realized, you would likely reply in anger and insult me, to which I'd most likely respond with a wittier comment or slay you with a macro and then, onlookers, seeing that comments had been made, would interpret the traffic as interest, thus earning you attention you don't deserve for your **** post. So, when you DON'T see a comment from me, THAT is me saying "FAIL" in a much more effective manner.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Soda - Lost City
    Soda - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    They would have to give you something to get rid of the xp, Dieing in this game on the pvp doesnt really matter, Since no one can track it and it doesnt count against you they needs some sys to track it so its worth more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    There is no restrictions in pvp, so how are you going to justify a lvl 90 player running around and killing everyone?

The whole idea behind pk is that ur supposed to hunt the red names.

L2 had exp loss in pvp and no **** restrictions like what you want and was a far better game than PW to boot.
    Go back to your nonfactor carebear server plx.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • Ram - Lost City
    Ram - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    L2 had exp loss in pvp and no **** restrictions like what you want and was a far better game than PW to boot.

then go back to L2
  • wildd
    wildd Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2008

Agreed, would love to see similar pvp style on here as in L2 ie exp loss on death.
  • Ordain - Lost City
    Ordain - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    seph2 wrote: »
    Any death from PK or PVP should lose exp.
    So people get more serious...
    Otherwise, no point to PVP, hardly drop anything as a white name
    PK and PVP is not duel by the way.

1. if you are for lose exp. just say "EXP"
    2. if you think lose exp is bad idea, Just say "NO"

Yeah? Sounds like a great idea right? How about no, There would be people flying around in gank squads of 5+ with higher levels(Like Panic and Vengeance do already) and PKing solo people or newbs. How do you think that would work out? Not to mention there's already enough QQing about our PKs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trevtimusprime
    trevtimusprime Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I embrace the pvp aspect of any game full-heartedly. I came from a game called Rising Force Online (RFO) It was a pvp based game predominately.... but losing xp for Pk's is a pretty horrid idea it promotes group mentality when pvp'n so you will more than likely never see 1v1.

No one would ever want to duel or thunderdome so I could see pvp being quite boring @ times.
    CB-Phase 1-4
    I am Snorlax and I will block your path.

DestroyTokyo- Voted best WereBeast on PWI Lost City server <3
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I believe this would give the PvP server a true and real reason to start the PK. It would also stop the rich spoiled people from buying all the dolls and hieros they want so they can mess with other people without any exp loss to their character. This also prevents that carebear attitude of "Go ahead and kill me I don't lose anything and you gain 2 hours".

Though if implemented PK deaths should be maybe half the loss of a PvE death.

I lawl @ the RQ comment of them dominating if this happened by the way.
  • hestral
    hestral Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    NO

reason:
    LMFAO by the time that one faction is done killing everyone, nobody will make it passed lvl 30 because they would be hunted. Why? because when you suck at pvp and get you **** handed to you daily, your only stress relief in game is to kill others multiple levels below you. This makes these type of people feel good about themselves when in reality they just plain old SUCK.

Also, You shouldn't be punished because you are out there do your quests minding your own business and someone multiple levels above you decides to PK you and you have no means of defense. Lets face it, a lvl 30 defending them selves against a lvl 50? lol, right.
  • Deumos - Lost City
    Deumos - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I'm kinda split.

Sure, it worked perfectly fine in l2, and the pvp/pk in that game was just wonderful <3 (Seriously <3)

but i somewhat doubt that it will have the same effect in this game, i predict it'll have a negative outcome, rather than a positive one.
    But i'll play and pvp no matter what rules they'll settle with.
  • Skarett - Lost City
    Skarett - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    EXP - If you have something to lose your less likely to random PK.

I'd like to see people lose levels too. This stopping at 0% **** is abused.
  • phate
    phate Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I think you should lose xp if you die, pvp OR pve, including TW.

A more hardcore pvp system like Lineage 2 would be perfect for this game. As it stands right now the pvp system caters to those people who talk all kinds of ****. They continue to talk big even after they die repeatedly. This just wouldn't happen if those same people lost xp. If anyone remembers dying in Lineage 2 at around lvl 75 you know what I am talking about... 12 hours of grinding down the tube. (gg Brez)
  • Viserys - Lost City
    Viserys - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    No... what would be even better is make Hiero's OBSOLETE in PvP so those that dont have it actually have a chance, or those that do don't need to pound on eachother for 100k dmg before someone dies.
  • Fiery - Lost City
    Fiery - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    People in this server so uptight about pvp, chillax ppl. Real fun begins when you get your little fairy/devil.
  • wench
    wench Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    no

simply because if you dont have heiro installed you can be dead in 2 hits - before you even realise

gives no chance to fight back and you would find kids running around all day already on 0% thinking its funny
  • seph2
    seph2 Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    EXP:

Here is for all of you who are scared to PVP...please just go to Heaven's Tear or go play some Disney Games.
    I see people come out to pvp and die for fun because no red, white name 1% drop.
    I see people talk **** just to get some people turn into red. Yet, the one talking **** doesn't get any exp lose.
    I see no point PVP or PK in a "PVP Server" when there is no penalty from PVP
    OK, we all PVP, now we all purple so what 5% more chance dropping
    LOL, I will just fill up my inventory with 1 arrows
  • Zress - Lost City
    Zress - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    hell no.

not the fact of loosing xp dears, the question has no balance.

One of the largest factors. Sure you make the steadfast gamers happy, but would kill inbound customers who get ganked. lol dont see them doing that.
  • Wave - Heavens Tear
    Wave - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    NO, cose it would suck big time, then did ya play another pvp game?? Did u considerr how would ppl feel if they r about to lvl and some **** kills em and they need to grind hour to get xp back?????
    Elysium Guild "Let the fun begin" :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Yeah? Sounds like a great idea right? How about no, There would be people flying around in gank squads of 5+ with higher levels(Like Panic and Vengeance do already) and PKing solo people or newbs. How do you think that would work out? Not to mention there's already enough QQing about our PKs.

Stop crying about morals when you're on a personal KOS list seperate even from the rest of RQ. I hate 15 year olds.

Anyways, exp loss would not work as long as dolls prevents it. It would make it impossible to play without paying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • prosper
    prosper Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    No. The victim shouldn't be punished in PvP, especially if they're white-named.
  • kuukai
    kuukai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    the whole point to pvp is to kill red names ..... L.O.L.

then whats the point of having a pvp server... then whats the point of someone becoming red ;p
    people shouldn't lose exp from pvp....
    people should gain rep from pvp[i don't mean duel plox]...

hmm but to stop people exploiting it :p i would suggest that.. this should only be in affect if the victim is in 10lvl range of the killer lvl...or something like that >;p

naming a server "pvp server' isn't enough... well thats what i suppose.. there should be an intend to pvp... and not for name sake

"The whole idea behind pk is that ur supposed to hunt the red names." this thing isn't pvp its.. more like... i am the protector of the just :p... well if everyone's good who should we kill?

the questions that arise during pvping are usually:

Should i kill her/him?
    What should i say after i win/lose/or my pking fails..?
    My guild is in rivalry with that guild,but my guild master said not to kill because we are not supposed to attack first[90% of all guilds think like this.. well i am not from RQ actually from RQs rival but yeah they stand apart from the others and that's simply awesome]
    Why am i killing?[Because of the drop rate from victims,because of gaining rep]

a person who loves pvp... well according to me hates barriers that restrict pvp or kill the intention of pvping.. morals yeah, pvpers have them.. but some of the pkers don't insult the victims after pvp or rather compliment them for being a tought target or like giving them a hard time.. well that goes for most of my kills.....

and later i say to myself "oh god.. now i got nothing to kill... i need a freaking excuse to kill some one cause i just got bored of x/1x/2x hrs of grinding" well this question goes to pvpers and not pvers how do you deal with such situation

ps: any suggestion to promote pvp in the pvp server if implemented in game would be greatly appreciated .. well by me.............. hm wait not the suggestion forum..

@topic...
    exp losing if your dead pking/or by a pker is lame ;p
    it would only be a barrier .. people won't pk much cause they will think thrice before attempting to kill someone and getting serious in game?isn't gaming used to relief stress and people aren't supposed to get serious at virtual life..

oh yeah .. its not the age.. it about how mature people are... well i am not mature but meh ;)
    NO, cose it would suck big time, then did ya play another pvp game?? Did u considerr how would ppl feel if they r about to lvl and some **** kills em and they need to grind hour to get xp back?????
    reason for qouting: quoted for truth

and for the last time ganking is a part of pvp.. if you can't handle please don't say anything there is always the second server
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zress - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    kuukai wrote: »

and for the last time ganking is a part of pvp.. if you can't handle please don't say anything there is always the second server

no ganking isnt part of pvp lol, its an excuse hon. ganking is attacking something for your E-peen to feel better, a lower level who stands no chance of harming you.

I am all for PVP indulge in it and love it, and have good times and make new friends while doing it, but show a lil bit of class and fight those who can truly fight back. lol.
  • Skarett - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    no ganking isnt part of pvp lol, its an excuse hon. ganking is attacking something for your E-peen to feel better, a lower level who stands no chance of harming you.

I am all for PVP indulge in it and love it,a nd have good times and make new friends while doing it, but show a lil bit of class and fight those who can truly fight back. lol.

For you thats fun, for others its more fun to run around and headshot everyone. So now your asking people not to have their fun in a game they most likely pay for so that you can have your fun? I'm wondering if you see this, from this point of view at least, as just a little bit selfish?

Every body plays for their own reasons, if you have a problem dying to players than your on the wrong server, however if you have a problem with dying to a player yet you run around killing other players cause they just turned 30 then you should take a good look in the mirror cause thats nothing but hypocritical selfishness.

I hate getting killed, but I laugh my **** off when some nub chases me around for 30 minutes and my heiro only goes off once. For me, thats entertainment and the dolls I always carry make sure that death ain't too painful. But to tell other people they can't enjoy the game, thats just wrong no matter what they are doing.
  • Zress - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    For you thats fun, for others its more fun to run around and headshot everyone. So now your asking people not to have their fun in a game they most likely pay for so that you can have your fun? I'm wondering if you see this, from this point of view at least, as just a little bit selfish?

Every body plays for their own reasons, if you have a problem dying to players than your on the wrong server, however if you have a problem with dying to a player yet you run around killing other players cause they just turned 30 then you should take a good look in the mirror cause thats nothing but hypocritical selfishness.

I hate getting killed, but I laugh my **** off when some nub chases me around for 30 minutes and my heiro only goes off once. For me, thats entertainment and the dolls I always carry make sure that death ain't too painful. But to tell other people they can't enjoy the game, thats just wrong no matter what they are doing.

LOL, well that is a good point hon. and hey, its only my view too. He gets his kicks his way, I laugh my way and you laugh yours. Soooooooooo

guess we are all having a good time no? ;)

goodness that was easy NEXT:cool:
  • kuukai
    edited September 2008
    the main question is why to pvp in a pvp server if there are duels :P?
    anyone answer this...

and yeah ,as long i get to be indulged in pvp i don't mind dieing,after all losing items is a risk that i am willing to take[no dolls here]

and really if you want 1 on 1 pvp Why the hell are duels for............... need an answer!!

ps: new to pvp,dieing first time in a game by someone.. then i don't mind you saying
    and yeah most people pvp to make their e-peen better.... believe me ;p, darl
    and if you do want to show off... your class and stuff

i beat a barb 10lvl higher than me who is using a gold wep :p ,me using a 2star axe lvl 37 :< ....
    ps: not pots used.. if you need more pics of stuff like this.. i can get it ...

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/5870/showingoffwk9.jpg

DUEL is not pvp ... but pvp is 1 on 1 loL? then why not duel...

so everytime you want to pk a person or an untamed
    pm him and say: hey man/girl/animal i am gona try to kill you tell your friends not to pk me cause i am pvping with you?

is this what you want?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skarett - Lost City
    edited September 2008

goodness that was easy NEXT:cool:

At least we can have a mature conversation about it. Cheers @ us old people in the game ;)
  • Zress - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    kuukai wrote: »
    the main question is why to pvp in a pvp server if there are duels :P?
    anyone answer this...

and yeah ,as long i get to be indulged in pvp i don't mind dieing,after all losing items is a risk that i am willing to take[no dolls here]

and really if you want 1 on 1 pvp Why the hell are duels for............... need an answer!!

well, mind you I am no programmer here, but i would guess duels are system wide PVP and PVE. Where a PVP server introduces that extra danger element into the mix. PVE? not alot of danger there from others if you dont want it, this? well pvp is more exciting, frustrating, and well... never found it boring ;)
  • kuukai
    edited September 2008
    well, mind you I am no programmer here, but i would guess duels are system wide PVP and PVE. Where a PVP server introduces that extra danger element into the mix. PVE? not alot of danger there from others if you dont want it, this? well pvp is more exciting, frustrating, and well... never found it boring ;)

i just edited my post read it :p

whats the danger .? please explain.. if theres not element of surprise..

ps: sorry,if you think i am not mature :(,i am just a lot inquisitive in nature ;)

ps: want to ask the p.w programmers to remove the free pvping mode and make dueling more exciting by getting a random drop from the inventory from the losers side :P in the p.v.p server
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]