Poll: PKs, PVPs should LOSE EXP

2»

Comments

• Exorcist - Lost City
    Exorcist - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    No, I don't think it's a good idea.

Reasons:
    1. Too many jerks on here who will go after low levels just to feel tough.
    2. It might actually make some people think twice about pking, thinking first about not wanting to be hunted/lose lots of exp.
    3. Not all characters are built for pvp, so would suck for them.

I am all for pvp... actually I love it, but losing exp wouldn't help anything. PKing will start to increase as the game goes on and more people slow down on grinding to show off their skills in pvp. lol and where did this "carebear" expression come from?

Oh, and so many of these people that rave about pvp start making up excuses after anyone kills them... maybe they are the "carebears" who need a hug when their ego gets damaged from a game. I might not be very good in pvp right now, but think I will get all upset when someone kills me in a PVP SERVER? I think not.
  • kuukai
    kuukai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    , but think I will get all upset when someone kills me in a PVP SERVER? I think not.

then i bet ganking wouldn't make you feel angry >;p

here's something off the topic and off the question but heres something about me

i am a little weird instead of asking the lowbies to duel me i ask people 10lvl higher than me and stuff >:p,ofcourse i never duel magic type .. i duel people who deal with melee damage..

back to my topic now

i would like a forum admin or some gm telling me that ganking[ganking err this word is too rude :s change it to.. group killing or something...] people isn't a part of pvp..

and anyone who ganks people gets a warning :P

and @topic

NO exp losing in pvp is simply unacceptable by most people in general,people will hesitate to pvp.. they still do it now...1 pk attempt on me in 1week isn't enough ;_; it will reduce to 1pk attempt in 1 month
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Exorcist - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Nope, ganking doesn't make me feel angry. I play this game to calm down from life outside of it, so I'm not about to get all frustrated in game too.

It's all about getting people back ^_^
  • kuukai
    kuukai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    thank you for proving me right..
    read all the text at one go. you will get to know
    kuukai wrote: »

and for the last time ganking is a part of pvp.. if you can't handle please don't say anything there is always the second server

@topic...
    exp losing if your dead pking/or by a pker is lame ;p
    it would only be a barrier .. people won't pk much cause they will think thrice before attempting to kill someone and getting serious in game?isn't gaming used to relief stress and people aren't supposed to get serious at virtual life..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Exorcist - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Always here to help lol :rolleyes:
  • seph2
    seph2 Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    this thread is sooo messy...
    people should just answer EXP, or NO EXP
    So at least I can get a head count since we can't do a poll on this forum

PVP server = Hardcore,
    Hardcore should mean anything loses exp.
    So any duel should auto stop at 1 HP simply cus duel is like a practice pvp
    TW, I don't really care either way, I know most game put no exp lost and some put 1/3 exp lost.

PVP means, I can kill at any time, does NOT matter if you are about to lvl or if you don't have a hiero
    Hiero = Cash Shop so PWI can make money = unbalance = useable at all time.
    Punishment of RED should be sever drop and red should never go away unless you stay in "unsafe zone"

Again I am for all exp lost (hopefully in etherblade)
  • zhellriserx
    zhellriserx Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    but........if lose because of PVP AND PKS exp it is a waste of time and ppl won't want to fight anymore.lolz
  • zhellriserx
    zhellriserx Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    If we want to PVP AND PK,i suggest that we should lose ONLY a small amount of exp or don't lose any of the exp.it is a waste of time doing PVP AND PK if we keep losing exp........if those ppl want to lvl up quick,then because of losing exp in PVP AND PK,it is a matter of time that those guys qiit playing this game and if they quit the game then the population of the game will decrease then the game will be boring to the other ppl(opinion)
  • neneh
    neneh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    shut up already about L2 being hardcore PVP.

I played since the OB and back then there was no pvp system else then going red and making your enemy lose 4%.

Later on the flagging system was introduced like PW has, and also the PVP death when u have war vs eachother decreased to 1%.

Options like Bres, clanhall res, Clan Luck, made the so called loss even more ridiculous towards the ultimate carebear system not to mention Bsoe's.

PW can improve somewhat. I also played Age of Conan, where no XP loss was there whatsoever and the game was also enjoyable. The lack of content at max lvl 80 was the downfall of that game.

The only worry i have about PWI is the expensive costs of the cash shop. The item drop upon red with doll protections could be adjusted, but pretty safe to do what u can atm.
  • adra12
    adra12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Why not just make it the opposite to increase pvping, make killing someone in pvp give the killer xp, the amount dependant upon the level of the defeated opponent, that way it discourages both massacring much lower levels and ganking since the xp would be divided jsut like a mob kill. Also they could make red names lose xp or give more xp to increase the risks of it.
  • Naris - Heavens Tear
    Naris - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I don't get people who claim that L2 is so much better than PW. If it was really that much better, why aren't you there playing it?

As for the exp loss... I'd say NO in the situation you describe.

I'd say YES if you're PvPing and manage to kill someone at or above your level. That way you get a good challenge (knocking down an equal or superior opponent), but they also have good reason to fight back and knock you down (loss of face for being higher leveled and loss of exp).