How do People Level So Fast?

Forthewin - Heavens Tear
Forthewin - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
I'm pretty new to PW. I joined the first day of open beta and ive been playing for like 2 hours everyday for the past week. Since open beta i've been seeing a lot of high levels with mounts and glowing weapons. So far i've just been doing quests over and over each level without ever just grinding. How do people get to such a high level in such little time?
Post edited by Forthewin - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Silverdreams - Heavens Tear
    Silverdreams - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hmm...... They spend a lot more than 2 hours a day playing. Some play for 12+ hours per day. :)
  • kojak
    kojak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    They can do that easy with the quests there's a hard one and some of friends helping them, i play 2 weeks now im almost 30 and btw im online 15 hour a day..
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I play around 3-4 hours a day since 2nd day of beta and Im a complete newbie so I dont know how to explain it exactly... I grind the first 10 or so levels and do quests if im 'on the way' and the rest is questing and dqing? plus im veno
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Od - Lost City
    Od - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    The best way to level is to do your quests, and because some of them overlap, try to grab all of your quests at once, then finish them all and turn them in, then do that again. I have been playing since Opent Beta started and have found questing the easiest way to get exp. Or get a good team of friends and do FB (Call for Duty Quest) Runs. But that is fast exp and bad money unless you're really lucky.
  • Ordain - Lost City
    Ordain - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I've been playing any wheres from 2-5 hours a day give or take. It's a really easy game to level in, Just do all of your quests and then when there all done and you still haven't leveled just go grind air mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mieze - Lost City
    Mieze - Lost City Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    well at your level just do all your quests and when you get around 35+ you'll need to start grinding, just a party of people around your level and go to skeletons near anglers...then once 40+ fbs give like 10k xp which is a lot at that level and just do those over and over for a few levels...but the xp starts to get low again for them around like 45 ish still good tho but better to just go and grind with a party
  • Blessing - Heavens Tear
    Blessing - Heavens Tear Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I level with Solo AoE grinding. I can take down 10-12 at a time with no problem at all. I'll try to post a video of it in the Cleric section soon.
  • Ara - Lost City
    Ara - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    well basically: play a lot, know the game beforehand (from other versions), have a party or play venomancer.

That should be about it somewhat.
  • Retrickster - Lost City
    Retrickster - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Its not hard quests give so much exp... I lvled to level 20 on my first day, pretty much solo.

Its ezy mode... If you run outa quests tho its harder to lvl.
  • Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I'm pretty new to PW. I joined the first day of open beta and ive been playing for like 2 hours everyday for the past week. Since open beta i've been seeing a lot of high levels with mounts and glowing weapons. So far i've just been doing quests over and over each level without ever just grinding. How do people get to such a high level in such little time?

they played other versions WAY to much:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sevendust - Lost City
    Sevendust - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2008

I just started using back door packages and other macro's. They don't get picked up by the server. I just leave it on when I go to school and usually gain a lvl. but it gets harder as you get higher. I have to get a speed boost from elite pvp.
  • Tosefine - Heavens Tear
    Tosefine - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    kojak wrote: »
    They can do that easy with the quests there's a hard one and some of friends helping them, i play 2 weeks now im almost 30 and btw im online 15 hour a day..

Lolz I play max 2 hours a day and I was was lvl 30 after 2 weeks...and people that play over 8-9 hours a day dont have a life....
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    get 20 quests or 15~20
    go out there finish them all and then turn them in.

you can check http://www.1perfectworld.com for quest guides, they give you all the detials you'll need from finding a npc to finding a monster you want to kill.
    I was going to post a reply... then I realized, you would likely reply in anger and insult me, to which I'd most likely respond with a wittier comment or slay you with a macro and then, onlookers, seeing that comments had been made, would interpret the traffic as interest, thus earning you attention you don't deserve for your **** post. So, when you DON'T see a comment from me, THAT is me saying "FAIL" in a much more effective manner.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • muad
    muad Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I level with Solo AoE grinding. I can take down 10-12 at a time with no problem at all. I'll try to post a video of it in the Cleric section soon.

I am looking forward to that =]
  • phoenixeld
    phoenixeld Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I just started using back door packages and other macro's. They don't get picked up by the server. I just leave it on when I go to school and usually gain a lvl. but it gets harder as you get higher. I have to get a speed boost from elite pvp.

Hmm this from where i come from is known as Botting. Since you have stated this yourself most games would have your account banned or Deleted GL with sustaining your character if the GM's havent already acted upon this
  • Sevendust - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    phoenixeld wrote: »
    Hmm this from where i come from is known as Botting. Since you have stated this yourself most games would have your account banned or Deleted GL with sustaining your character if the GM's havent already acted upon this

lol your the only one who picked up on it haha. lol. im just bustin yal balls hea!
  • Retrickster - Lost City
    Retrickster - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Man everyone reports bots if they notice them, your like begging to get busted lol.
  • Elis - Lost City
    Elis - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    my sis plays up to 15-16 hours a day, so that kinda answers the question xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ambie is back baby!
    Faction UnLimited (Faction sounds..Kinda pervy ;D)
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2008

Even if you're joking, saying things like that is still risky. Since you openly admitted it, then refuted it. So...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Danubus - Heavens Tear
    Danubus - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    They have no lives, no jobs, or families and spend every waking moment in game. Its pretty sad. One person in my guild even said he spent 150.00 in the cash shop in one day just to help him level. If thats not pathetic I dont know what is.
  • Deafjesus - Lost City
    Deafjesus - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    By the time your level gets higher... it'll become easier and easier... but just slow :p (grinding-talk)-- grinding means training in case you don't know what it mean.

The best way to lvl yourself up really quick... is do quests and cycle quests (daily quests) :P

Any quests after around lv 38-40... are pretty much useless... cause you don't get very much of quests from that point. :( Lol :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Which Character are you? --http://www.ff-fan.com/chartest
  • Crownclown - Heavens Tear
    Crownclown - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    QUEST FTW lol i just do fbs and quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Conspire Guild Recruiting lvl 20+
    Pm CrownClown
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    They have no lives, no jobs, or families and spend every waking moment in game. Its pretty sad. One person in my guild even said he spent 150.00 in the cash shop in one day just to help him level. If thats not pathetic I dont know what is.

It actually isnt hard to level fast... this game is catered to casual players. at level 30 you can level by just logging in once a day and doing your dailies. Im lvl 51 which is somewhat high, but I have a job, go to school, have friends and a family. I have yet to pay money for this game and I doubt I will with these prices. I also having past experience from the myen server helps.
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I got a full load of classes in college and I even play sports every week with friends. You just suck at leveling.
  • Sevendust - Lost City
    edited September 2008

WTF F YOU!! Is this not a form of entertainment? People go to the thearters all the time and spends loads of money there. People paintball, rock climb. and mod other shizz. is buying stuff in cash shop considered "NOT OK" because its a video game? Is it it not accepted by society? wtF!!?? HOW YOU THINKIN?
  • Sevendust - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Even if you're joking, saying things like that is still risky. Since you openly admitted it, then refuted it. So...

i'm not worried...If they really wanted to see what I was doing. They can just track my IP Adress, I have noting to hide. It was just a joke.
  • Leozap - Heavens Tear
    Leozap - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    having mounts doesnt mean high lvls. you can own Kirin at lvl20. you just need to pay some cash
  • Danubus - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    I got a full load of classes in college and I even play sports every week with friends. You just suck at leveling.

Nah, I can level if I feel like it. I just dont feel like playing this game that much. Its pretty meh to me. I mean, its good to log in once in awhile and level a bit, but its monotenus. I've played my fair share of MMOs and know all about grinding back in the days of EQ1, but this game is awful when leveling. I can do a ton of quests and not get that much XP. It's just not my thing. I'd rather just wait for Wrath.
  • Danubus - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    WTF F YOU!! Is this not a form of entertainment? People go to the thearters all the time and spends loads of money there. People paintball, rock climb. and mod other shizz. is buying stuff in cash shop considered "OK" because its a video game? Is it it not accepted by society? wtF!!?? HOW YOU THINKIN?

Your a real Hemmingway, bud :rolleyes:

People can spend their money here if they want. I dont really care. I personally wont spend one dime here. Its just not worth it to me. I'd consider it if I were playing a real MMO, but not a knock off from China.
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    A lot of time, money, and knowledge put into the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
This discussion has been closed.