Shields and Item Refining

sevendust
sevendust Posts: 16 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Chronicles
Ok...I'm ranting. Where the hell does PWE get off with not implementing shields? How do you just present asian fighting history without one of the most used combating tool?

You FLUPP UPS over at PWE better have some plans for implementing this sometime down the road because this is just crazy.

Now..i'm still fairly new to this game. Can someone explain briefly or just link to me a thread/forum where I can learn more on Refining and the recommended or best combination's to create a really sturdy PVP/Duel weapon?
Post edited by sevendust on

Comments

• Wei - Heavens Tear
    Wei - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Who knows. Doesnt really matter anyways. We have tigers as tanks. Animals dont use shields.
  • Wei - Heavens Tear
    Wei - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    And most heroes do not use shields, as far as I know. They dodge, they parry, and they dont block...
    lol j/k (possible explanation though;))
  • sevendust
    edited September 2008
    dude, That is completley beside the point. They completly just disregarded shields like if it was not a key to fightting in the ancient times.
  • meome
    meome Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    There were no shields in this game and they wont add them.
    It would totally mess up the game and the classes.

Perfect World + Shields = no
  • sevendust
    edited September 2008
    Here we go...one of these guys who has no faith or insight...I hate people like you who say shizz like this won't work. This would work great for the barbarian class being they are the tankers...First off..explain how it logically suits someone to tank with outa shield..just picture it...looks kinda unrealisitc right. Being that Blade masters are damage dealers and mages with thier magic the shield would be nice in pvp for a barbarian to even the playing field. I will smash on you more but i gg to work,!!!! ugh!!
  • icebreath
    icebreath Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Yea i like them to add shields to & why not.. some npc in city's is holding a shield :eek:

So yea, give players shields to.
  • Rahh - Lost City
    Rahh - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    You can hate me how much you want,i don't really know why am i bothering with replaying but oh well.

First 90% of times characters in perfect world use 2 hands to wield a weapon.
    Barbarians always use 2H axes/maces/hammers.And have you ever saw a blademaster with a 1h blade or sword that would lv past 20 ? Even then they would switch to dual because its far more better.

And even if somehow we could magically wear a shield and 2 axes at a time Barbarians and BladeMasters they would have a boost of phy.That means archers would be weaker and so PWE would have to buff Archers.But when archers are buffed the magic classes would be so weak vs archers. Then magic classes would need a phy boost of their own ending up same if there weren't no shields in the game . So waste of times making them.

If you really need a boost in phy def you could always buy a better PHY pendant/necklaces from the auction house.

Also instead of shields i am waiting for PWE to update with the new legendary/baby pets and the god's revenge map.

P.S This is Perfect World = fantasy world,not a copy of ancient Asia :)
  • sevendust
    edited September 2008
    You can hate me how much you want,i don't really know why am i bothering with replaying but oh well.

First 90% of times characters in perfect world use 2 hands to wield a weapon.
    Barbarians always use 2H axes/maces/hammers.And have you ever saw a blademaster with a 1h blade or sword that would lv past 20 ? Even then they would switch to dual because its far more better.

And even if somehow we could magically wear a shield and 2 axes at a time Barbarians and BladeMasters they would have a boost of phy.That means archers would be weaker and so PWE would have to buff Archers.But when archers are buffed the magic classes would be so weak vs archers. Then magic classes would need a phy boost of their own ending up same if there weren't no shields in the game . So waste of times making them.

If you really need a boost in phy def you could always buy a better PHY pendant/necklaces from the auction house.

Also instead of shields i am waiting for PWE to update with the new legendary/baby pets and the god's revenge map.

P.S This is Perfect World = fantasy world,not a copy of ancient Asia :)

WOw.. you just got dum on me. If you read what I said earlier, you would notice I was talking about the The barbarian class. The other classes don't need a shield. They already have advantages over each other. Now, you say that this is a fantasy game not a copy of ancient asia...WHERE THE FLUCK DO YOU THINK THEY GET 95% OF THEIR MATERIAL?!?! Shields add to the balancing and style of the game. To define the tank class they made big beefy animals in place to of shields to give that tank class feel. That was just stupid. The only thing that would need to change is the damage out put of one handers and two handers.
  • vigor
    vigor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Who the heck gives a damn? I'm actually glad there are no shields in this game. They're annoying
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lost City
  • Rahh - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    sevendust wrote: »
    WOw.. you just got dum on me. If you read what I said earlier, you would notice I was talking about the The barbarian class. The other classes don't need a shield. They already have advantages over each other. Now, you say that this is a fantasy game not a copy of ancient asia...WHERE THE FLUCK DO YOU THINK THEY GET 95% OF THEIR MATERIAL?!?! Shields add to the balancing and style of the game. To define the tank class they made big beefy animals in place to of shields to give that tank class feel. That was just stupid. The only thing that would need to change is the damage out put of one handers and two handers.

First stop with the swearing it hurts my eyes,second there is no such thing as an one hand weapon using barbarian,alll the barbarian weapons are two handed.

Shields most of the time are ugly,annoying and it will cost way to more to buy good shields and it would take more then changing a few numbers.

I will leave you now so you could hope and dream and please next time post in the suggestion forum :)
  • Sevendust - Lost City
    Sevendust - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Then you my friend have no class. You probably no nothing of ancient atrs of combat and got owned by shield users in other MMO's so now shields are stupif to you. Why is it when people suggest change, other people are always there to fluking burry the idea.
  • baalzor
    baalzor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    explore eastern history and mythology and you'll see who's wearing shields.
  • Sevendust - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    baalzor wrote: »
    explore eastern history and mythology and you'll see who's wearing shields.

Regardless of point of origin in their history. They were used and I think they should have launched with this game.

Elves are not even fluckin real yet they are in this game. I bring this up and there are already people finding useless info to counter me.

If shields were implemented into this game. It would be cool because it would be like elves. They get wings. Barbarians specifically will get Shields and there could even be something for Blademasters as well.

People need to stop be so closed minded to shiet!!
  • Baalzor - Heavens Tear
    Baalzor - Heavens Tear Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    you're reffering to class specific items...
    if u want shield, put it in your left hand and play the game with right
    http:// fr.xfire.com/video/36f4d6/
    RUBBERBAND \o/
  • Sevendust - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    you're reffering to class specific items...
    if u want shield, put it in your left hand and play the game with right

Oh looky here..we got a smart ****. How about you take your left hand and put it back in your moms ****** because she is not satisfied yet. Then take your right and flip through the yellow pages and look for a shrink. Your family is sick in the head. Seek Counsel.
  • vigor
    vigor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Then take your right and flip through the yellow pages and look for a shrink. Your family is sick in the head. Seek Counsel.

I'd say the same thing for you :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lost City
  • Baalzor - Heavens Tear
    Baalzor - Heavens Tear Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Oh looky here..we got a smart ****. How about you take your left hand and put it back in your moms ****** because she is not satisfied yet. Then take your right and flip through the yellow pages and look for a shrink. Your family is sick in the head. Seek Counsel.

: ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

you made a fool out of yourself...i did not get offended by your post. i find it rather funny cuz i like to provoke ppl and see their reaction : )
    btw you gotta admit i had a good one back there. imagine yourself with a homemade wooden shield in left hand and playing PW with right...priceless.
    http:// fr.xfire.com/video/36f4d6/
    RUBBERBAND \o/
  • Rahh - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Ok darling stop being so rude,everybody has a right on their opinion... Yeah i know everybody says that.

But then nobody would have a right to post in your topic,hence you wouldn't have a right to post a topic about your shields and instead of being glad that i`m not spamming you and calling you crazy you are saying that other people are fresh for the madhouse.

Oh and about the me having no class... You are so wrong sweetheart

1. Shields DON'T fit in this game,whats next robots in perfect world ?

2. I played a lot of classes in a few different mmo's,i pvped got owned or i "pwned" them.
    It doesn't matter if they had a shield or a ring with the same bonuses.And as far as i know tankers are more based on tanking higher mobs not going around and 2 hitting people.

And in this game tanks aren't really for pking,even mystic confirmed it.
    That said, like L2, range is everything. For playerkilling, you must be a ranged class to be effective

I don't have nothings against tanks since i played them myself but yeah but the ranged classes own most of the time.

3.As i said im not trying to ruin your idea,but your idea doesn't fit the game and its far complicated to add.
  • Velinda - Heavens Tear
    Velinda - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    What I don't understand, is do people think PWI is somehow an original game?

It's not, it's a couple years old and was first released in China. In order for there to be shields in this version it would be required that there were shields in the original version. I'm pretty sure that no one working on PWI has the ability to add completely new items to the game. They might be able to recolor something that already exists... But adding in brand new models with brand new mechanics both game wise and software wise is something I don't think PWI can do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    They really can't do that, seeing as how this version is directly controlled by Beijing Perfect World. Any changes to the game must first be approved by the parent company. The good news is this setup means less time between conception and implementation.
  • Sevendust - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Ok darling stop being so rude,everybody has a right on their opinion... Yeah i know everybody says that.

But then nobody would have a right to post in your topic,hence you wouldn't have a right to post a topic about your shields and instead of being glad that i`m not spamming you and calling you crazy you are saying that other people are fresh for the madhouse.

Oh and about the me having no class... You are so wrong sweetheart

1. Shields DON'T fit in this game,whats next robots in perfect world ?

2. I played a lot of classes in a few different mmo's,i pvped got owned or i "pwned" them.
    It doesn't matter if they had a shield or a ring with the same bonuses.And as far as i know tankers are more based on tanking higher mobs not going around and 2 hitting people.

And in this game tanks aren't really for pking,even mystic confirmed it.

I don't have nothings against tanks since i played them myself but yeah but the ranged classes own most of the time.

3.As i said im not trying to ruin your idea,but your idea doesn't fit the game and its far complicated to add.

I am only rude to those who come at me wrong. Did he not go off topic with his left and right comment. of course he did. I cam at him with something harder so he would think twice. and he did have a funny point though..I laughed. :)

1 Shields and Robots are like no where neat the same. Besides we already have pets...That was a bad analogy on your part.

2. We already know tankers go around taking hits. You are just supporting my point even more. It would make them that much more proficient in a PK duel.

3. Just more support of why shields would benefit.

The General in Archsaur has a shield but no one else? What kind of bs is that?
  • icebreath
    icebreath Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    What I don't understand, is do people think PWI is somehow an original game?

It's not, it's a couple years old and was first released in China. In order for there to be shields in this version it would be required that there were shields in the original version

So that means that we will get houses here i guess.

Anyway back to topic.. WTF.. now how can you say that Robots are the same as Shields??? :confused:

I guess people needs to learn what a shield is and what a robot is.

So to all you smart wizz out there :eek: go read these two links!

1st. Is about robots! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robot

2nd. Is about shields! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shield

;) Have fun reading!
  • Sevendust - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    icebreath wrote: »

Anyway back to topic.. WTF.. now how can you say that Robots are the same as Shields??? :confused:

So to all you smart wizz out there :eek: go read these two links!

;) Have fun reading!

Wow. I was going to say something to her about that but I chose some other point. She is basically saying PWE is incapable of maintaining two game with slighly different code...

Is there not other companies who do this on a regular basis? Arean Net, TQ Digital, Cipsoft, BLIZZARD. And don't even try and come at me with something like...Blizzard has the money,,blizzard ben around a long time. because there are many more companies like TQ who are fairly new to the game and they have about 5 different titles out already.
  • Sevendust - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icebreath View Post

Anyway back to topic.. WTF.. now how can you say that Robots are the same as Shields???

So to all you smart wizz out there go read these two links!

Have fun reading!
    Wow. I was going to say something to her about that but I chose some other point. She is basically saying PWE is incapable of maintaining two game with slighly different code...

Is there not other companies who do this on a regular basis? Arean Net, TQ Digital, Cipsoft, BLIZZARD. And don't even try and come at me with something like...Blizzard has the money,,blizzard ben around a long time. because there are many more companies like TQ who are fairly new to the game and they have about 5 different titles out already.
    Edit/Delete Message
  • Titan - Heavens Tear
    Titan - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Note:this game has nothing to do with wow.

On Topic: if this game did have shields in the first place and they took them away wouldn't people complain?
    i completly agree with him about shields this is MMORPG there's supposed to be shields (well at least for most)
  • recon5
    recon5 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    About the Blizzard example:

Blizzard is the OWNER of World of Warcraft. They have the ORIGINAL CODE and they MAKE THE UPDATES THEMSELVES.

PWE is only the SERVICE PROVIDER of PWI. They DON'T CREATE CODE. They simply do BUGFIXES. Any original code comes from BEIJING PERFECT WORLD.

If you want shields, learn Mandarin and post a petition on the CHINESE PW forum because you're going to have more of an impact THERE.
  • Sevendust - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    recon5 wrote: »
    About the Blizzard example:

Blizzard is the OWNER of World of Warcraft. They have the ORIGINAL CODE and they MAKE THE UPDATES THEMSELVES.

PWE is only the SERVICE PROVIDER of PWI. They DON'T CREATE CODE. They simply do BUGFIXES. Any original code comes from BEIJING PERFECT WORLD.

If you want shields, learn Mandarin and post a petition on the CHINESE PW forum because you're going to have more of an impact THERE.

Thats a good idea but I think you are not taking some things into consideration.

1. The game should have launched with them...its just stupid that it did not.

2. Communication is effortless in this day and age. If it is true what you say. There should be no problem between the groups PWE - BPWE to initiate some type of understanding. I strongly disagree that PWE only knows simple bug fixes. Someone who does bug fixes has to understand the code in which PWI is runs on, other wise they would not know how to change specific characteristics in the game.

3. If game companies did not listen to their conumers pleas in forums then they would not last long and im sure PWE is well aware of that. You forget this is still all apart of the same organization and they are going listen regardless of location and version.
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Shields will not find it's way into the game because there is abosultely no reason to. Barbarians, the main tank class will not be able to use it due to the weapons all being 2-H. Any other class would have no use for it except for Blademaster with a 1-H sword, and the swordmasters that such characters are based on NEVER used shields. This game is not based on ancient china, it is based on chinese mythology, there will not be shields in perfect world.
  • Wave - Heavens Tear
    Wave - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    well if u want to have shields go play rfo.every calss can have shield , but just for defense porpose, they can use 1 handed wep wich is weak and deal little dmg..i mean brabs have tiger form insted of shield, u get with skill 60% more def and reduced dmg like u suing 1 handed wep....so tiger replaces shield......
    Elysium Guild "Let the fun begin" :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rahh - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Lord.... Whats wrong with you

ROBOTS DON'T FIT IN PERFECT WORLD
    SHIELDS DON'T FIT ALSO

Please explain where the hell would you put a shield on a barbarian ?
    I mean thats why they made the freaking tiger and gave him tanking skills.

If you want a stupid class with a shield go make your own game and stop trashing others.
    First think and then post an idea
This discussion has been closed.