2»

Comments

• Sevendust - Lost City
    Sevendust - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Lord.... Whats wrong with you

ROBOTS DON'T FIT IN PERFECT WORLD
    SHIELDS DON'T FIT ALSO

Please explain where the hell would you put a shield on a barbarian ?
    I mean thats why they made the freaking tiger and gave him tanking skills.

If you want a stupid class with a shield go make your own game and stop trashing others.
    First think and then post an idea

Where to put a shield... hmmm lets see....Left Hand. -_-....wow that was obvious.

Oh believe me, i'm way ahead of you on making my own game...more ahead than you ever will be, and you WILL be playing it one day. $$

If you knew how to read correctly...You would notice that no one was talking about putting robots in except you. We have PETs!!
  • adlon
    adlon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Where to put a shield... hmmm lets see....Left Hand. -_-....wow that was obvious.

Oh believe me, i'm way ahead of you on making my own game...more ahead than you ever will be, and you WILL be playing it one day. $$

If you knew how to read correctly...You would notice that no one was talking about putting robots in except you. We have PETs!!

You're an idiot... unfortunately, there is no ignore feature .. I really would like to not see your posts anymore....

You can't spell, and after 3-4 responses as you got and didn't like, most normal people would have abandoned the thread, maybe posted in suggestions....

You're peeing into a fan, and are too stupid to realize that.... sad....
  • Rahh - Lost City
    Rahh - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Yeah i don't know why i am bothering since this guy is totally lost.

BARBARIANS don't have a free left hand,nor a right hand. They were made perfectly well and they only can use 2H weapons. They miss more and do less,slower dmg because most of wb's focus on VIT so they could tank better.

While BLADEMASTERS focus less on VIT and more on DEX AND STR,to miss less and do more phy dmg.

And by robots i didn't mean pets i meant something that doesn't fit into the game because almost all classes use a 2h wep/dual.

Adding a shield would require hours of work. Adding a complete new kind of item,hundred of looks and models and other kinds of shields,have to recalculate everything and new skills,remove the tiger form and that would make a lot of wb's angry.

FIRST STUDY HOW THE GAMES WORK AND THEN YOU SHOULD START SUGGESTING YOUR STUFF OR W/E.
  • jenenji
    jenenji Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I agree, this guy has no idea how the game works.

And the Robot comment just totally went over his head. He just doesn't get it.

Robots = Don't belong in PW
    Shields = Don't belong in PW
    Robots = Shields
  • Sevendust - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    I abandon nothing. I'm especially not going to abandon something just because a few narrow mined nerds say so.

I understand this game and simply calling out its weird and imperfections.

This all can be done yet you all make it like something that is completely hard. (Hence the new Zen store items.)

I've studied my games and this seems just like another cookie cutter mmo. Doesn't mean i wont stop playing but want things to change.
  • vigor
    vigor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I abandon nothing. I'm especially not going to abandon something just because a few narrow mined nerds say so.

I understand this game and simply calling out its weird and imperfections.

This all can be done yet you all make it like something that is completely hard. (Hence the new Zen store items.)

I've studied my games and this seems just like another cookie cutter mmo. Doesn't mean i wont stop playing but want things to change.

Let this pointless thread die please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lost City
  • Yami - Heavens Tear
    Yami - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Yeah i don't know why i am bothering since this guy is totally lost.

BARBARIANS don't have a free left hand,nor a right hand. They were made perfectly well and they only can use 2H weapons. They miss more and do less,slower dmg because most of wb's focus on VIT so they could tank better.

While BLADEMASTERS focus less on VIT and more on DEX AND STR,to miss less and do more phy dmg.

And by robots i didn't mean pets i meant something that doesn't fit into the game because almost all classes use a 2h wep/dual.

Adding a shield would require hours of work. Adding a complete new kind of item,hundred of looks and models and other kinds of shields,have to recalculate everything and new skills,remove the tiger form and that would make a lot of wb's angry.

FIRST STUDY HOW THE GAMES WORK AND THEN YOU SHOULD START SUGGESTING YOUR STUFF OR W/E.
    Look, stop being so close minded...

If they would actually add shields, do you think it would be hard for them to change barbarians so they could use 1-handed swords/weapons too? Do you think it would be hard for them to make a p.def bonus/or a blocking bonus (if you have a shield equipped) while in tiger form ? Stop saying it like it's impossible, or it could never be done. It can be done, but it's just not. They codded everything, I doubt it would be very hard for them to code this too. (And yes, General Summer has a shield, even if it's for show-off).

Anyway, it's a waste to make topics about changing the gameplay/game in such a manner, because PWE clearly can't do it.
    Posting these topics here have no impact on the game whatsoever.
    Yami - Cleric - Heaven's Tear
    Testament - Barbarian - Heaven's Tear
  • recon5
    recon5 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    @Sevendust:

You know, if shields are indeed such an important issue I wonder why no one in the Japanese, Chinese or Malaysian versions complained enough to make Beijing Perfect World introduce shields. Thats 3 versions and 3 years worth of time that someone could have used to force the issue, but no one did.

I'm asking you, why?
  • kidorisan
    kidorisan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    (1st, English is not my 1st language, dont flame cause of that...)

yeah, Shield usage isnt that common in Asia...

Historically and mythology wise...

only foot soldiers without much training uses them... unless they are given a spear...

the other ones they use are like.. stationary tower shields that cant be moved around....

but yeah, you see alot more spearmen/polearm users than shield users... wayyyy more...

"heros" often uses 2x 1 handed weapons or a 2 hander, which is used to attack AND defend...

(and yeah..... this is true historically too.. I mean.. EVER see a samurai with a shield? .... and yeah, the Chinese LOVES polearms... bladescythes, spears... etc...)

so yeah, is a **snicker** Cultural difference...

is perfectly normal for "heros" (in this case, PW chars) to be good enough that they dont need a shield.

cause quite frankly, a shield is slow, cumbersome, and heavy....

not really suited for the fast paced, *endurance combat of the east....

granted, this is all more of a cultural thing/how things turned out in the east....

which DOESNT really translate that well in a game where you just LITERALLY... "sit there and tank"

but hey, It was canon to Asians (I dont feel weird that is missing either) and yeah, no one really complained in all the other incarnations of PW in Asia...

edit: oh and I just noticed..... man, PW IS the only mmo where there are just as many polearms than 1 handers....
  • Sevendust - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    I figured there would be people who would find various ways to counter my post because there is always someone telling other people what they can't do. I really just wanted to see how many people felt so negetive about shields.

I'm gonna fight my ars off to see what can be done about implementing them in the game.

To all these sheeple players who listen to posters like "vigor" will always be narrow minded thinkers because they go with the crowd and try and make insulting post.
  • customjarjarbinks
    customjarjarbinks Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    why don't they just add shields that are for looks
    like the e-items ? They don't even have to boost abilities they can just be there to look kick-****... and they could be tied to the arm rather than placed inside a characters hand

hell, they can even add chinese war yoyos, buckler blades
    (in dynasty warriors there are boomerangs those shouldn't be hard to program they cud have the same stats as bows and slings for all i care they could just have different models)

they don't even have the housing system either that the chinese version had

http://www.myarmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=8060 (Pics of cool chinese shields)

if they did these simple things they would be surprised how many more players would join for the littlest things.... after all rpg fans are the weirdest bunch paying real money for virtual stuff -_-
  • peacefulsilence
    peacefulsilence Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    You get capes for evasion bonus. There is your shield, stfu. b:angry
  • Cryxtal - Sanctuary
    Cryxtal - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Lolz would be interestnig to give Wiz the option of double-handed weapon , single-handed weapon. Maybe magic sword will be considered single-hand. Wand will be double handed.

Then we can weirld like shields. Cryxtal shields XD wooo b:dirty
    Love Is Complicated.
    「愛は複雑だ.」
    Amor es muy complicado.
    《爱是复杂的》

Do not argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience. b:bye
  • mazzle
    mazzle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Necro.....
  • Sellah - Sanctuary
    Sellah - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    LMFAO, who the heck goes back QQing in a year old threat b:thanks
  • mainen
    mainen Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Thats a good idea but I think you are not taking some things into consideration.

1. The game should have launched with them...its just stupid that it did not.

2. Communication is effortless in this day and age. If it is true what you say. There should be no problem between the groups PWE - BPWE to initiate some type of understanding. I strongly disagree that PWE only knows simple bug fixes. Someone who does bug fixes has to understand the code in which PWI is runs on, other wise they would not know how to change specific characteristics in the game.

3. If game companies did not listen to their conumers pleas in forums then they would not last long and im sure PWE is well aware of that. You forget this is still all apart of the same organization and they are going listen regardless of location and version.

Okay, this thread was necro'd. b:shocked But since it is here, let me make a quick point on this. I have worked for 3 Fortune 500 companies. Everytime I deal with an outsource of information/intellectual rights, there are certain rules that MUST be followed or potential legal repercussion ensues. b:shutup

To say that PWI is "incapable" of altering the code would be highly inaccurate. I believe they are more than intelligent enough to alter 100% of the game should they so choose. HOWEVER, we face the potential terms and conditions that lies between PWI and Beijing in regards to the "maintenance" aspect of this. They are likely -stuck- according to that contract.b:beatup

Now, for the fun side of things. I agree that it would be fun to have a shield as a solely visual effect. Aside from the time and energy to fix the glitches they are already facing, the programmers/designers would need to find a way to insert the shield into all activities. I would say make it a glove for clothing. The hands will be covered with it anyway.
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    sevendust wrote: »
    Ok...I'm ranting. Where the hell does PWE get off with not implementing shields? How do you just present asian fighting history without one of the most used combating tool?

You FLUPP UPS over at PWE better have some plans for implementing this sometime down the road because this is just crazy.

Now..i'm still fairly new to this game. Can someone explain briefly or just link to me a thread/forum where I can learn more on Refining and the recommended or best combination's to create a really sturdy PVP/Duel weapon?

If you are fairly new to this game then you need to understand that each class has a specific duty in a squad. With everyone doing their job, no shields are even necessary. Common law is Barb tanks, cleric heals tank. No shield needed. As for refining, You wont have to worry about refining anything till a much higher level around 70+ because gears and weapons come and go too often in lower levels.

EDIT: Omg, I shouldve read the date of the op. I wouldnt have commented on this thread at all lol.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    rsin wrote: »
    If you are fairly new to this game then you need to understand that each class has a specific duty in a squad. With everyone doing their job, no shields are even necessary. Common law is Barb tanks, cleric heals tank. No shield needed. As for refining, You wont have to worry about refining anything till a much higher level around 70+ because gears and weapons come and go too often in lower levels.

This. /Necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Shields should be implimented...but as a new dual wielded weapon type.

Because a barb running around bashing people in the face with 2 flaming spiked tower shields would be awesome. b:dirty

...Why are you all looking at me like that? D=<
  • King_Asmodei - Lost City
    King_Asmodei - Lost City Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited October 2009

1. Shields DON'T fit in this game,whats next robots in perfect world ?

lol go to the island that look like a star there is a robot there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sigh* I started as one of the few fists bms. I was ridiculed left and right now ur laughed at if you're not a fist bm. b:surrender
  • iwannashoop
    iwannashoop Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    dude, That is completley beside the point. They completly just disregarded shields like if it was not a key to fightting in the ancient times.

BEHOLD! The historically accurate arcane robe that adds +2964 to magic defense! Also capes that add evasion! I particularly like the +213 to wood defense for battling the ancient chinese Cloudmelding Vipions.
  • Cryxtal - Sanctuary
    Cryxtal - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    No such thing as 'something not applicable' unless its an extreme.
    If PWI was created right from the start to allow sword wielding chars to equip shields in other hands. Then you'de probably say that NO SHIELD is bull****.
    Its just that we have all been used to a certain way of playing alr thats y you cant accept the fact that something new comes into place.

Also how is it not appropriate to not have shields when we have swords ? b:laugh Since history, many civilisations/countries have adopted swords with shields. Cause it makes sense you only need 1 hand to hold a light sword, and your other hand for defence. If u got no shield what u gonna do with ur free hand ? Show a middle finger? b:thanks
    Love Is Complicated.
    「愛は複雑だ.」
    Amor es muy complicado.
    《爱是复杂的》

Do not argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience. b:bye
  • Zazuma - Dreamweaver
    Zazuma - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    well if they were to put hsields in this game, then they'd have to rework the stat mechanics to allow one of the stats to modify block% and if it were the case would we do full dmg blocks like they did in RF online... holy **** those tanks were near invincible with full shield points so yea.. invincible tanks... that's all we need mhm go go town wars with 50 tanks?
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    Pandaberr - Lost City Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    How would a tiger wield a shield successively in the first place o.O

And if you tell me you tank anything that actually needs to be tanked in human form.

I'll kick you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    kidorisan wrote: »
    (1st, English is not my 1st language, dont flame cause of that...)

yeah, Shield usage isnt that common in Asia...

Historically and mythology wise...

only foot soldiers without much training uses them... unless they are given a spear...

the other ones they use are like.. stationary tower shields that cant be moved around....

but yeah, you see alot more spearmen/polearm users than shield users... wayyyy more...

"heros" often uses 2x 1 handed weapons or a 2 hander, which is used to attack AND defend...

(and yeah..... this is true historically too.. I mean.. EVER see a samurai with a shield? .... and yeah, the Chinese LOVES polearms... bladescythes, spears... etc...)
    Exactly.
    Pple want too much western things in PWI even when the base is chinese. Usually its either fight with swords, arrows, or spears. Even the horses were rare because they were only used for high ranking officials. JP history is very much so, so im not surprised china is very similar. Its not about game mechanics, its more sticking to base culture in that certain game.

Next thing u know pple would want the merchants to sell them MP and HP food shaped like hotdogs and popcorn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    Pandaberr - Lost City Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Exactly.
    Pple want too much western things in PWI even when the base is chinese. Usually its either fight with swords, arrows, or spears. Even the horses were rare because they were only used for high ranking officials. JP history is very much so, so im not surprised china is very similar. Its not about game mechanics, its more sticking to base culture in that certain game.

Next thing u know pple would want the merchants to sell them MP and HP food shaped like hotdogs and popcorn.

I want cookies!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It'd also be lovely if the OP wasn't so quick to smash down every opinion different to theirs. Lets recap the points made:

-Its not historically accurate to include shields
    -Adding them would totally require drastic coding and basic gameplay would need a revamp
    -Barbarian weapons are 2 handed, where the hell would they use a shield?

Shields jsut do not belong in this game, if you need it stated to you slowly, the community can gladly drill it in, or the administrators can nail it into your thick skull with the ban hammer with your disgustingly irate behavior. Cool the flames, and put your 'suggestion' in the correct forum to begin with, and take a bottle of Alka Seltzer, itll help with them flames you got burning in ya man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Imamandamnit - Heavens Tear
    Imamandamnit - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Ok...I'm ranting. Where the hell does PWE get off with not implementing shields? How do you just present asian fighting history without one of the most used combating tool?

You FLUPP UPS over at PWE better have some plans for implementing this sometime down the road because this is just crazy.

Now..i'm still fairly new to this game. Can someone explain briefly or just link to me a thread/forum where I can learn more on Refining and the recommended or best combination's to create a really sturdy PVP/Duel weapon?

Shields didnt play such an important role in ancient asia(japan/china) as they did in european history...they were not most used at all

EDIT ffs im pissed,just noticed this a year old :(((
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Then wow, we're dummies ):
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    *kills conversation*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.