Concerns About Cash Shop Pricing

Comments

• koma
    koma Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    This is such ********. It has been well over a week, I am level 44, and it took me two freakin hours to get 25%. They aren't doing anything about the cash shop prices either. I thought this game was going to be good. But I have noticed that the quests do not contribute to leveling at all past lvl 40. Quests are soo miniscule that they do not make a difference! Wow.... and I'm not spending anymore cash on this damn game either. I'm done.. I hope you incompetent people in "management" fix this game for the people that are actually staying longer than I am... Good luck keeping this game going. LOL!!!
  • Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    the prices arent gonna change anytime soon since America in general needs money T.T, PWE needs money too, they just getting the people willing to spend money to buy their products which is a fairly decent amount, so one they arent gonna care about the bleeding any time soon they arent gonna please everyone all at once
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mysty - Heavens Tear
    Mysty - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    From what I've seen it's barely a pin-prick, not enough to bleed...people are buying stuff like crazy...so I don't think prices are coming down...and the servers are busy. Sorry but I don't see a mass exodus.
  • Darknin - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    From what I've seen it's barely a pin-prick, not enough to bleed...people are buying stuff like crazy...so I don't think prices are coming down...and the servers are busy. Sorry but I don't see a mass exodus.

yes i know, but more people will start to "bleed" out of this game because others have done so, people look for others reactions to the game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lawin - Heavens Tear
    Lawin - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Ok maybe we can help out to give them more info for those who is still hoping they would reduce the price. How much value will you say each item that you will purchase be? This will help them see how much we anticipate and please do not be unreasonable as 1 cent for this or 5 cents for that.

Charms:
    Sliver Guardian and Silver Spirit Charm: $2.00
    Guardian Angel: no change $0.30
    Guardian Angel (10): $2.50

Teleacoustic: no change $0.10
    Teleacoustic (10): $0.80

Level 30 Flying Mount 1.0 / 3.0 speed : no change $5.00
    Level 30 Flying Mount 1.5 / 3.5 speed : $10.00
    Level 50 Flying Mount: 1.5 / 3.5 speed: no change $10.00

Ground Mount Chubbs/Reinder: 8.0 / 9.0 speed : $15.00
    Upgrades Spurs of Alacrity: $5.00
    Upgrades Galewind Spurs: $10.00

Makeover Scroll: no change $2.00

Inv. Extension stone: $2.50
    Safe Extension stone: $1.50
    Teleport stones: no change $0.20, $3.00 (20)
    Teleport Incense: no change $0.10, $0.90 (10)

All Reset Notes: cut by 1/3
    Basic Reset Note: $2.00
    Basic Resetall Note: $2.00
    Intermediate Reset Note: $3.00
    Intermediate Resetall Note: $3.00

Socket Stone: no change $1.00

Ok here are the items that I am interested in buying and my own value of each in dollars. I tend to level multiple characters in fact I have 1 level 20 venomancer, 1 level 20 cleric, 1 level 17 Barbarian, 1 level 14 archer, 1 level 8 blademaster and 1 level 5 wizard.
  • troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    the rates of dollar to gold, not individual prices, must be changed.

the speed players will go through hieros in later levels is going to surprise a lot of people here.

don't really care any more what this admin do to be honest, i'm out of here soon as new games turn up, and playing for free in meantime.

if prices were reasonable i would have spent an easy $60 a month in cash shop, so yes you lost my money.

gl to whoever stays.
  • Od - Lost City
    Od - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    troll wrote: »
    the rates of dollar to gold, not individual prices, must be changed.

the speed players will go through hieros in later levels is going to surprise a lot of people here.

don't really care any more what this admin do to be honest, i'm out of here soon as new games turn up, and playing for free in meantime.

if prices were reasonable i would have spent an easy $60 a month in cash shop, so yes you lost my money.

gl to whoever stays.

I am a level 37 Wizard and between PvP and the grinding, I can clear a silver mp "charm" in a day and half or more of an hp one. Thats level 37, can't wait till 80+ when I can clear that in a few hour, or less <.<
  • troll
    edited September 2008
    I am a level 37 Wizard and between PvP and the grinding, I can clear a silver mp "charm" in a day and half or more of an hp one. Thats level 37, can't wait till 80+ when I can clear that in a few hour, or less <.<

with silvers it'll be way less than a few hours at level 80+ - prob about one silver an hour.

and given that silver hieros are $2.50 each, with your hp and mp hieros on that gives you a minimum cost to level of at least $3 an hour.

...play a few hours a day and you'll spend maybe around $15 - that's the monthly cost of a regular p2p game spent in one day in this game at these cash shop rates.

once again, gl to whoever stays here.
  • Hong - Heavens Tear
    Hong - Heavens Tear Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    lower to 50cent and i'll spam hiero =D i'm being so cheap right now, avoiding hiero at all cost and if i do use it, i use potions and heiro as backup heal. but i think i wont spend more than 80 for international for the first 3 months unless they change it. i dont have a problem paying $80 first month, but i'll save my gold and wait for the change. it'll just cut me 2 weeks of lunch =(. but i honestly wont spend anymore than that and probably quit after i have fun for awhile.

gold economy will raise badly after the first territory is captured. oh yeah did i say 3 months i meant like never. just a few bucks to power level and then use in-game money to do the rest and we'll see if i switch to aion or not
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www . rochq .net
  • moyles
    moyles Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I keep checking back here ,525 posts in this thread and still no response from the admins.
    Its totally apparent that this situation isnt going to change and even more apparent the operators of this version dont care what the community want/think.
    Good luck to all who stay but i hate being ignored so will go somewhere that my custom and cash is wanted and appreciated.
    Against logic there is no armor like ignorance.
    Laurence J Peter(1919-1988)
  • hunted
    hunted Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I bought some zen and its pretty good, but there are harldy any items in cash shop
  • l0ki
    l0ki Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2008

if they don't lower the prices, there will be a mass exodus.. ^^ just wait till PW-MS goes OB
  • Kingofhearts - Heavens Tear
    Kingofhearts - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    l0ki wrote: »
    if they don't lower the prices, there will be a mass exodus.. ^^ just wait till PW-MS goes OB
    Does that mean there won't be 5 million Venomancers in the same area ks-ing my mobs with their pets any more? *hopes and prays*.
    "there is still much to be done"
  • Devast - Heavens Tear
    Devast - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Does that mean there won't be 5 million Venomancers in the same area ks-ing my mobs with their pets any more? *hopes and prays*.
    No, that means everyone else will disappear from servers, only venomancers will stay :D
  • vigor
    vigor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    No, that means everyone else will disappear from servers, only venomancers will stay :D

QFT

I made a veno after seeing how hard it is to level my archer. My veno is a piece of cake
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lost City
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    This is getting ridiculous. We're losing players to MS every day. Fix this **** soon or you're not going to have any players left.

I've already lost 2 of my core members because they're not willing to play a game where the cash shop is this expensive and GMs are ignoring the problem. If this keeps up, I really don't think we're going to have any players left. MS will be the only option.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • ultimusmagus
    ultimusmagus Posts: 33
    edited September 2008
    I predict one of these 2 outcomes for this franchise. They've waited too long to resolve this issue, operating under the mistaken assumption that they control the market.

We, the consumers, control the market. Your blatant disregard for that simple fact taught to a first year student of business/marketing will surely cause you woe.
  • Darknin - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    mystic wrote: »
    This is getting ridiculous. We're losing players to MS every day. Fix this **** soon or you're not going to have any players left.

I've already lost 2 of my core members because they're not willing to play a game where the cash shop is this expensive and GMs are ignoring the problem. If this keeps up, I really don't think we're going to have any players left. MS will be the only option.

lol that sux, but it is true i would rather waste money on nexon cards then this **** UGC T.T
    I predict one of these 2 outcomes for this franchise. They've waited too long to resolve this issue, operating under the mistaken assumption that they control the market.

We, the consumers, control the market. Your blatant disregard for that simple fact taught to a first year student of business/marketing will surely cause you woe.

true, and you would think an international company would realize this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • junk
    junk Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Edited because there's no point in making even mildly insulting 'I quit' posts. I'll be perfectly civil, because I don't care anymore.

You just lost a player to overpricing. Changing the prices next month, a week from now, or even tomorrow won't bring me back.
  • troll
    edited September 2008
    this is now a spam thread.
  • Raerine - Heavens Tear
    Raerine - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    It's funny how there's 54 pages of reply and still nothing official. We're all just yapping away and hoping -- and hoping -- I don't know how long I can wait. I guess if nothing changes by a week's end, I really do need to find other ways.
  • l0ki
    edited September 2008
    this is now a spam thread.

True~ wanna count from 1-10000000 and stop counting after they change prices?
  • Devast - Heavens Tear
    Devast - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I've already decided that i will move. If they magically change the prices today, it wouldn't change my decision. So, count if you care. I do not.
  • troll
    edited September 2008

• Celes - Lost City
    Celes - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    You know, at least MY-EN didn't give false promises of customer service.

You're worse than CubiZone, you know?
  • Starang - Lost City
    Starang - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    How many more RageQuit members are going to quit because this ridiculous issue is not even being remotely looked at. Where is the promises of the golden quality customer service and promised to be top notch and not like MY-EN?? I have lost all my faith in this ridiculous "customer service" you guys are running here. Next week more players will quit, how long are you going to wait? Until everyone is gone to the cheaper server?
  • l0ki
    edited September 2008

• Paulytnz - Heavens Tear
    Paulytnz - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    To everyone that's saying there will be a mass exodus and that people wont play I hate to say it but this is not true at all. After all it is a FREE game. It is also a very good quality game. I can see if anything that it will soon be VERY crowded and we will be calling out for more servers as it will get laggy due to that and there will be overcrowding at certain places in the game.

I see this already at some "training" areas.

The problem here however is that many people still consider the prices to be too costly. I think the instore prices are fair. However I think they should give us a little more gold for the real dollar we pay. I also think that they need to be a little bit more "helpful" with the buying of some items such a dye pigments and the cost it takes to dye some of the clothing.

Back to my original point, the game wont die due to no one playing. In fact it will have a ton of people playing it. But the question is, how many of these people will actually spend any money in the mall? Also, will it be enough to keep the game going?

That's what it comes down to.

EDIT: since my first postings (semi-rants) here I have noticed they NOW do tell you on the purchase page the conversion rate of Zen to Gold. Jee, I wonder if that had anything to do with this post at all? :P
  • kamao
    kamao Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008

Ok there are tons of people who gets the idea that wholesale change of dollar to zen will not support whatever cost of operation you have.

However, you could always put middle ground items that is affordable to the masses and put in special items for those who can afford. For example, make silver heiro $1.50 and gold heiro $3.00
    but introduce platinum heiros that is $10.00 that makes them glow or something or have a lightning effect every time it is triggered. Those who can afford it will buy those. Another will be unique clothing, that are pricey but are good designs.

I guess if you introduce three tier item pricing that will be beneficial. First tier items will be cheap but not so great items. This will appeal to those who are free loading but wants to have some sort of help and some sort of customization. Second Tier items are for the majority of players who wants to play the game in a pace that is expected of any P2P mmos. Third Tier items are special items like the KIRIN mount expensive but there is equivalent Chubbs out there for cheaper price but the KIRIN is definitely a head turner.
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    To everyone that's saying there will be a mass exodus and that people wont play I hate to say it but this is not true at all. After all it is a FREE game. It is also a very good quality game. I can see if anything that it will soon be VERY crowded and we will be calling out for more servers as it will get laggy due to that and there will be overcrowding at certain places in the game.

I see this already at some "training" areas.

The problem here however is that many people still consider the prices to be too costly. I think the instore prices are fair. However I think they should give us a little more gold for the real dollar we pay. I also think that they need to be a little bit more "helpful" with the buying of some items such a dye pigments and the cost it takes to dye some of the clothing.

Back to my original point, the game wont die due to no one playing. In fact it will have a ton of people playing it. But the question is, how many of these people will actually spend any money in the mall? Also, will it be enough to keep the game going?

That's what it comes down to.

EDIT: since my first postings (semi-rants) here I have noticed they NOW do tell you on the purchase page the conversion rate of Zen to Gold. Jee, I wonder if that had anything to do with this post at all? :P

You're level 26. You have no idea what you're talking about. If you don't spend cash shop money to get heirograms, you don't have enough money to get skills or anything else. That's how this game works. A level 26 couldn't possibly understand that, so I'm explaining to you. You're wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
This discussion has been closed.