Mysty - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I like it.
  • yokubou
    yokubou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Where do i change it? D;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale...
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    yokubou wrote: »
    Where do i change it? D;

Go to the forums main page and up at the top I think its called "switch" or something like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • Mysty - Heavens Tear
    Mysty - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    merulz wrote: »
    Until you fix my name, post count, and signature when switching over, I won't use the new avatars. :)

I think they should just do away with post counts being displayed anyways...just makes for people spamming forums to try and get their post count up...I mean for what....just leave the join date there, that's enough.
  • yokubou
    edited September 2008
    sikozu wrote: »
    Go to the forums main page and up at the top I think its called "switch" or something like that.

I dont see any switch :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale...
  • itch
    itch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I don't see any "switch" either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yokubou
    edited September 2008
    i found this one but i cant switch my avatar? D;

forum so annoying :(

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=editavatar
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Starang - Lost City
    Starang - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Seems like the problem is with Internet Explorer not showing up that "account info" thingy on the upper right corner of the main forum page. Firefox works ok.
  • vigor
    vigor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    PW-MS looks like ****, not to mention you cant understand half the people who write on their forums. Leave if your going to leave but stop threatening. Its not like your threats mean anything anyway.

I think PWI is great! Love the forums and game, could use some fix up's here and there but the dev team (admins included) have put in a lot of hard work to make it awesome!

It's not about the looks. It's about the service and cheaper prices. If you don't care about paying higher prices that's up to you. Just don't write ****
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lost City
  • yokubou
    edited September 2008
    It says user CP D; and i see that but when i click that it's only editing my sig and not avatar:/

oh wait that's in left cornor D;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kyle_logan - Heavens Tear
    Kyle_logan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    My avatar looks nothing like my in-game character. Neither does my second character. Is this normal?
  • Ravanna - Heavens Tear
    Ravanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I really like the concept of these new avatars and such, but I believe it would have been better if they just used our character's actual looks, or maybe just the head like in-game.

It just really irks me that my avatar looks nothing whatsoever like my actual character...besides that minor detail, I actually like em.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    My avatar looks nothing like my in-game character. Neither does my second character. Is this normal?

yes as said before in this thread that is normal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mihimaru - Heavens Tear
    Mihimaru - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Thanks for the avatars *dances happily* Too bad I cant have my bright pink hair showing in it blinding people, but cant have everything ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The self-proclaimed pink haired gremlin master of Starlight
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    baba0 wrote: »
    For some reason, only 1 Avatar is showing up for me. All the others are the "?" picture.
    The one that is showing up was a test character I haven't bothered to delete yet.
    spudfuzz wrote: »
    Uhm my main and two others are shown as unknown and the winged elfed archers are typoed as "archar" o_o;

Venomancers have to choose the type of venomancer they are before it will display, if you select it, it will then go to the next step, then the avatar is shown.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • djtav0
    djtav0 Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    there's no "id box"...
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ID box only shows at the forum root, not inside the forums.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php <-- click that and look up at that huge banner and then way off to the right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    djtav0 wrote: »
    there's no "id box"...
    to edit your avatars do this:

1. Go here http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php
    2. At the top right below where you see the avatar with a ? through it click on "Change"
    3. After that select what you want to show, dont pick nickname cuz that will be blank, pick one of your characters.
    4. Click on the image you want and your done!

NOTE: When you change avatars it resets your forum post count back down to 0 and you have to copy and paste your signature over in order for that to show as well. But dont worry if you ever wanted your nickname back just do the same thing only select "Nickname" instead.

Hope that helps at least a little
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • djtav0
    djtav0 Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    the matter is that i dont see any image with ? at the upper right corner, there's nothing...

and im using internet explorer.
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    djtav0 wrote: »
    the matter is that i dont see any image with ? at the upper right corner, there's nothing...

and im using internet explorer.

You might have to actually use the scroll bar to scroll over and see it, if not its b/c your using IE get rid of that piece of **** browser and download Firefox it takes 2 seconds to install go here! www.firefox.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vigor
    vigor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Sigh...or you could just visit this link to avatar page directly

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/avatar.php
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lost City
  • Namika - Heavens Tear
    Namika - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I really like the concept of these new avatars and such, but I believe it would have been better if they just used our character's actual looks, or maybe just the head like in-game.

It just really irks me that my avatar looks nothing whatsoever like my actual character...besides that minor detail, I actually like em.

Thats what i thought it would work like. Still nice to have some basic char info available online like that. Now get a fox look with shorter hair instead in the avatars and I be happy lol :p
    IGN: Namika
    Lvl: 31
    Class: Venomancer
    Server: Heaven's Tear (PVE)
    Guild: Dragons
  • Kinohki - Lost City
    Kinohki - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Yeaaahh...The Kin's avatar looks nothing like his character at all..Literally...Nothing...The skin color is waaaaaaaay off and The Kin's character is not..bald..
  • Green - Heavens Tear
    Green - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    its areal good thing ... i really like it
  • Hidden - Lost City
    Hidden - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    very nice idea, thnx
  • aidalyn
    aidalyn Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    After checking it out, I think I prefer the ? mark. To me, MMOs are about playing and identifying with characters I create. Seeing my character name next to a stock picture that looks nothing like my character just clashes with this concept.
  • Djtavo - Lost City
    Djtavo - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    You might have to actually use the scroll bar to scroll over and see it, if not its b/c your using IE get rid of that piece of **** browser and download Firefox it takes 2 seconds to install go here! www.firefox.com

i wasnt able to install it because im at work and here download isnt allowed, but i managed somehow ;)
  • hsboy18
    hsboy18 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    wow this feature is so cool :)
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I like how it displays the current level. Reminds me I need to get back to grinding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]