Say hello to your new forum avatar!

Comments

• Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    well since PW has a crazy dynamic character customization there is no *way* they are gonna have an avatar for every toon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Haha cool. So it also changes with level. Well, mine's gonna be static for a long time with college around, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanko - Lost City
    Zanko - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hey does the look of your avatar change while you lvl?? Cause I dont know why a bald guy symbolizes a blademaster on my avatar O.o

sealed~
  • Fivexfive - Heavens Tear
    Fivexfive - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    haha these rock
  • Zezix - Lost City
    Zezix - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    These are pretty cool, I like how they show the lvls :P
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Too bad the avatars don't look like your character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Okay... so... You bring out a new feature for your forums that has been long-awaited right as you're losing customers. Plus, it's not even fully customizable with our own uploads and such. I'm smelling fishy business practices, here. What's so hard about giving us all of the forum features at once? It surely can't be a difficult thing to do. I think you're using it to attract people. I also think it's lame. Meanwhile, PW-MS already has a great variety of features on their forums. In fact, they've blown me away with all of them. I'm not putting up with your underhanded business practices any more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ragingwind wrote: »
    Okay... so... You bring out a new feature for your forums that has been long-awaited right as you're losing customers. Plus, it's not even fully customizable with our own uploads and such. I'm smelling fishy business practices, here. What's so hard about giving us all of the forum features at once? It surely can't be a difficult thing to do. I think you're using it to attract people. I also think it's lame. Meanwhile, PW-MS already has a great variety of features on their forums. In fact, they've blown me away with all of them. I'm not putting up with your underhanded business practices any more.

The forums are irrelevant. Completely. Nobody even reads them since the game is up.

However, they delay in reducing cash shop prices is quite underhanded imo. As well as the fact they haven't added the other flying tools, gold hieros, and other stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    The forums are irrelevant. Completely. Nobody even reads them since the game is up.

However, they delay in reducing cash shop prices is quite underhanded imo. As well as the fact they haven't added the other flying tools, gold hieros, and other stuff.

It's like the post I made in another thread just now. They are slowly feeding us features to try to keep us interrested. It's an old tactic that Asian companies have used for years. Think about it: what other reason could they have for not giving us a bigger cash shop from the beginning? Also, they have not kept their promises: they have changed many things that were supposed to be better. These dirty practices are why I'm leaving.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    It's like the post I made in another thread just now. They are slowly feeding us features to try to keep us interrested. It's an old tactic that Asian companies have used for years. Think about it: what other reason could they have for not giving us a bigger cash shop from the beginning? Also, they have not kept their promises: they have changed many things that were supposed to be better. These dirty practices are why I'm leaving.

I doubt the cash shop of PW-Europe will be much up to date.

It's a standard practice of every game with cash shop to upgrade them from time to time.

And yes, it's a way to keep players interest in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Its about time this feature came up. I like it. =D
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    If you're afraid of some kind of exploit involving custom avatars, why not have a process wherein one of the GM's has to approve of a custom avatar before it's allowed to be uploaded? Seriously, I don't care what kind of measures you need to take against exploits, I just want my own avatar ;-;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esdian - Heavens Tear
    Esdian - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Avatar test. :p Tho I like the concept linking character info to avatar it took a while to implement.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    My question is, how often do the levels update?
    Main characters
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    HI NEW AVATAR

asdf
  • Juxtapose - Lost City
    Juxtapose - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Am I the only one who's avatar looks nothing like their character?

Your avatar looks like a dirty *****, nope pretty sure yours is right.
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    test asdfasdfasfasdfasdf

EDIT: WHY DOES IT NOT LOOK LIKE MY CHARACTER? FAIL.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    My question was answered. I got a level and a couple minutes later it updated.
    Main characters
  • arthurbelvoul
    arthurbelvoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    How come my avatar doesn't show up?
    Good to see the avatars are working now.
  • Peaceandlove - Lost City
    Peaceandlove - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    This looks nothing like my ingame character, I must be missing something?

My char looks like this:
    http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1746/smexyyu5.jpg

My av...doesn't?

Very very cool idea though, I dig that.
    PVE is lame.
  • songg
    songg Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Sweet, dude sweet.
  • Juxtapose - Lost City
    Juxtapose - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    This looks nothing like my ingame character, I must be missing something?

My char looks like this:
    http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1746/smexyyu5.jpg

My av...doesn't?

Very very cool idea though, I dig that.

I used to know a PEACEandLOVE from RF Online, was a pretty nice person until we stopped talking.
  • xieveral
    xieveral Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    More options would have been nice. This is why I'm just using the signature as my avi -_-
    Faction- SevenWind
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • baba0
    baba0 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    peregryn wrote: »
    I do think it is a shame I cannot give this a visual avatar simply because it predates implimentation.

If I do use one of my possible avatars I lose the ability to track my posts :(

Though I'm happy to have the Avatar system, until these 2 points are fixed, I'll not be using it. :(

For some reason, only 1 Avatar is showing up for me. All the others are the "?" picture.
    The one that is showing up was a test character I haven't bothered to delete yet.
    [Insert Sig Here]
    Playing PW since 09/07/08 :eek:
  • Pangogie - Lost City
    Pangogie - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Doh... I feel nooby :( *points at lvl*
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    dvorak wrote: »
    hmmmm...unfortunately we are unlikely to ever allow users to upload custom avatars. nice design though. ;)

You just broke my heart :( are you happy now! /cry
    time to break out the ice cream!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • Sloppyjoe - Lost City
    Sloppyjoe - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008

Dude.. The avatar's obviously require game data to create.. the game has been open a little over a week. A week of testing and implementing this feature with live data sounds reasonable to me.

And would you knock off the 'conspiracy theories' and threats of leaving.. if you were really leaving you would have left over 100 posts ago. Although I partially agree with you on the cash shop price, would you knock it off. It's rather annoying. Thx.
  • koma
    koma Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    its okay I guess :/
  • spudfuzz
    spudfuzz Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Uhm my main and two others are shown as unknown and the winged elfed archers are typoed as "archar" o_o;
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008

PW-MS looks like ****, not to mention you cant understand half the people who write on their forums. Leave if your going to leave but stop threatening. Its not like your threats mean anything anyway.

I think PWI is great! Love the forums and game, could use some fix up's here and there but the dev team (admins included) have put in a lot of hard work to make it awesome!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★