Server timezone..byebye europe?

lipe124
lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
Seems like PWI *wants* to chase away all the europeans :(

Dragon palace event 8pm, Gmt time = 3am
Arena event 5pm , Gmt time = midnight
TW 8pm(as per CB).. same as dragon palace

What in th world are these ppl thinking? We posted about this OVER and OVER before CB even started and everything that was said just got ignored.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
Post edited by lipe124 on

Comments

• jacobii
    jacobii Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I agree, there's an event at 2pm game time which I thought was humane for once but when it comes down to it, european kids will most likely not be able to attend 99% of the events because they'll be in bed due to school/parents.

Even european adults won't be able to attend many as we do have to attend something called work in the morning..
  • kyou
    kyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    So, could you kindly consider that Europeans don't say up all night to play PWI?
  • l0ki
    l0ki Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Maybe because the Devs and GMs live in PST countries. everyone has a choice, if you really want to participate in the event. Stay up late.. if not.. sleep~
  • vigor
    vigor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    (Removed, take the flaming elsewhere please.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lost City
  • lipe124
    edited September 2008
    thats the spirit l0ki, why would anyone bother to try and make more money by attracting more customers.

Sheesh they should actually close the servers at night so ppl can rest and raise the cash shop prices more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • l0ki
    l0ki Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    lipe124 wrote: »
    thats the spirit l0ki, why would anyone bother to try and make more money by attracting more customers.

Sheesh they should actually close the servers at night so ppl can rest and raise the cash shop prices more.

>.> what's with the Cash shop? were talking about Timezone here..
  • infrequentia
    infrequentia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    So I know the times, but what days is it? o: (what day of the week that is)
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008

We have no intention of raising cash shop prices. We are in-fact, discussing the cash shop pricing issue intently and looking at ways of providing you guys with more "bang for your buck".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mardukprophet
    mardukprophet Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008

What in th world are these ppl thinking? We posted about this OVER and OVER before CB even started and everything that was said just got ignored.

When Europe starts pumping out game after game of playable content and companies start up that cast their dice all across the world, but host their servers in Europe, while drawing in a large crowd of people regardless, then we should talk GMT. Frankly, I wager that if Europe was putting out games like this that ended up this popular, events would end up based around GMT far more consistently than PST, where PWI's servers are hosted (California to be more specific, if I recall correctly).

tl;dr
    I don't see what the big fuss is about... Any country in Europe would be doing it the same way (but in GMT) if they were in the same pair of shoes.

xarfox wrote: »
    We have no intention of raising cash shop prices. We are in-fact, discussing the cash shop pricing issue intently and looking at ways of providing you guys with more "bang for your buck".

*raises hand* Ooh! Ooh! Pick me, pick me! I have plenty of ideas.
    darthpanda16:
    I will start deleting posts that are just posts to post in the Tech Support forums.
  • collyer
    collyer Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    My personal expectations, or hopes, whatever, are that when the full games out, a server will be GMT based, for events and such. Please. ^^
  • melala
    melala Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    This "problem" Can be solved easyly.

Just add a 2nd time when those events start.

like 3pm US Time , and the 2nd time is lets say 8pm EU Time.

Should not be a bigger problem :)
    and both, US and EU got theyr events.
    Those who stay up all night/morning got the event 2x, but who cares, atleast everyone got the possibility to go on the event.
  • sahrai
    sahrai Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    (Removed, no flaming please.)
    Official PWI irc: irc.deltaanime.net #pwint
    IdleRPG with hilarious customizations included. No chat penalty; others remain the same.
  • lipe124
    edited September 2008
    @xarfox and l0ki, my repones was purely sarcasm intended to illustrate the complete lack of thought that was put into l0ki's posts.

Now on with the real issue, Initially we where promised east and west servers so players from europe would be able to play along side their american friends that we've built up playing loads of prev mmo's. This however was abandoned and the next logical step would have been to try and find middle ground that would allow both sides of the world a chance.

The current reality is that no such consideration was even remotely attempted, its NOT impossible to set the servers to gmt-3 or -4 for example and cater for BOTH usa AND europe.
    I for one don't really feel like starting over a fourth time in PW on the european servers. Apart from the expensive and low stocked CS this server is great and I enjoy it. But I'd like to at least be able to attend TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2008

Dragon palace event 8pm, Gmt time = 3am = 8:30 AM GMT+5.5
    Arena event 5pm , Gmt time = midnight = 5:30 AM GMT+5.5
    TW 8pm(as per CB).. same as dragon palace = 2:00 AM GMT+5.5

Green = OKAY
    RED = Bo0o0o0o0ooo0o0o
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • xauss
    xauss Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited September 2008

lunchtime / early afternoon servertime would be good for both US and Europe (where it would be evening)

the problems occur on friday TWs, where many in the US are at work / school at that time... however it does seem a better compromise than just '**** Yurup'

PS - i didnt understand any of severan's post... did you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • charlotte1
    charlotte1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    maybe they should go play the european version when it's released.
  • itch
    itch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Why would we if the admins told us before CB started, that the times are gonna be european friendly too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xauss
    edited September 2008
    charlotte1 wrote: »
    maybe they should go play the european version when it's released.

im sure the admins are delighted you are recommending a different server for a large proportion of the gamers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • robb
    robb Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    cant they just change that once value?
    i mean common im at gmt time and even if i stay up late i will be too tired ot heal properly.

THIS IS RACIEST AGAINST UK GUILDS/PLAYERS.

and the last thing i want is to have to play the same pw as the turks :( they dnt know 1 bit of english!
    Robb.
  • xauss
    edited September 2008
    robb wrote: »
    cant they just change that once value?
    i mean common im at gmt time and even if i stay up late i will be too tired ot heal properly.

THIS IS RACIEST AGAINST UK GUILDS/PLAYERS.

and the last thing i want is to have to play the same pw as the turks :( they dnt know 1 bit of english!

who's being 'RACIEST' now (lol)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    itch wrote: »
    Why would we if the admins told us before CB started, that the times are gonna be european friendly too.
    Didn't you notice it yet? They told us many things, like East/West servers to have different event times, PvE servers in CB (ok, i can understand this), reasonable cash shop prices, calling itself "international" while blocking many regions... the list continues.

Oh and should this post disappear with the reason of being a "flame post", i'll laugh and walk away for good.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lipe124
    edited September 2008
    How about this:

Gm's please make the next poll on the main page to say: "i play from "europe/uk/africa, asia, asutralia, usa/canada, other" and take a good look at EXACTLY what portion of paying customers you are busy chasing away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    itch wrote: »

that's prolly in discussion too ^^
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
  • tortoise
    tortoise Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I know that one of you are on (lipe124) plz plz plz tell me how to actually start playin! hahahahahahahah I know I am a noob.
  • tortoise
    tortoise Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    please you guys I need help.
  • suntiger
    suntiger Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    On the one hand, you're thinking too much in internet timezone. Things like separate East/West coast server takes both time and money to set up.
    I think the admins wanted to fire up on 4 servers, 2 on the East coast, 2 on the West, but there wasn't time or money to do it.
    This is a very common occurrence in something called the Real World.
    Honestly, how many events do you know that have started on time and with everything working fine? There's no such thing as instant gratification in the real world. Give it a month or two, then you can expect to see results.

OBS! Clarification to prevent misunderstandings:
    The part above this is serious.
    The first part below this is sarcastic.
    The second part below this is deliberately and intentionally sarcastic, offensive, inaccurate and exaggerated.

On the other hand...

Maybe we didn't read the fine print, where the 4 servers and East/west coast setup is for the full release, not the Beta.

In addition, you have to see this from th US perspective.
    The world looks like this:
    The Eastern world - Japan, China, India, Malaysia etc.
    The middle east - Muslim country, tread carefully.
    Africa - nobody really cares, except for the natural resources.
    The Western world - US of A, which includes some outlying states where people talk funny, aka Europe.

See? PW International is the right name, because US is the Western World.
  • ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    soukyuu wrote: »
    Didn't you notice it yet? They told us many things, like East/West servers to have different event times, PvE servers in CB (ok, i can understand this), reasonable cash shop prices, calling itself "international" while blocking many regions... the list continues.

Oh and should this post disappear with the reason of being a "flame post", i'll laugh and walk away for good.

Yes. I don't think this company is capable of achieving their own promises nor delivering a good game. These problems are not ending; they are only accumulating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hha~ someone agreed. Can i steal your sig please? :D
    Let's start a "PW has been endless frustration for me"-club or something.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    soukyuu wrote: »
    Hha~ someone agreed. Can i steal your sig please? :D
    Let's start a "PW has been endless frustration for me"-club or something.

LOL. Steal away. It's simply the truth, right? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seanie
    seanie Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    If you don't like it don't play. When my-en they didn't cater there times for USA players why should it be different here. The server here is in Cali so its based via timezone. Theres a lot of players now and will be for awhile who will stay up for times, if you cant oh well.