Server timezone..byebye europe?

2»

Comments

• gimmeh2
    gimmeh2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    seanie wrote: »
    If you don't like it don't play. When my-en they didn't cater there times for USA players why should it be different here. The server here is in Cali so its based via timezone. Theres a lot of players now and will be for awhile who will stay up for times, if you cant oh well.

I'm hoping not everyone is as ignorant and filled with "revenge" like you are.

The game is PW-INTERNATIONAL and there is whole guilds with ONLY players from europe. WTH is up with this amrican way of thinking of "we're better than the world and we don't care about your little problems" If youre' even THINKING of posting that nosnense there then DONT!!
  • kuailiang
    kuailiang Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    8pm? At PST -8? That makes it at 11pm for easterners and way worst for Europeans.

PWE, put it at 2pm PST, should be more universal. Unless I can't count timezones.
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Even though I live in the server time zone and 8PM works for me, I want to say that we still need to conside the Europeans who also play Perfect World International. Otherwise, it would have been a mistake to get rid of the PVP/PVE West and East server groups.... unless you're really trying to limit your user base. . 2PM PST might be a little early of PST players. Maybe 3 or 4 or 5PM as a compromise, which would be like 11PM European, mignight, or 1AM respectively, I think ( I'm bad at the timezones. I may have to study it more..)

An option, is as people have mentioned, to have multiple times for events. For Territory War, I hope a time has been or will be set, that accommodate all of us. Of course , Territory war times on weekends will be a lot earlier, since it can take 3 hours to finish a battle. Thank you! ^_~
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    As a little "fun" reference. I'm done playing for the day and about to goto bed because I work tomorrow morning. Its now 00:53 here, and I should have gone home 53min ago already ><

Server time is now(the botton on forum) 15:53 PM. So I'm not unreasonable, I understand the gap is massive(9h) and if TW where to start at 3pm on a sat/sunday the entire US comunity would prolly make a mess in their pants.

Stil I don't like how we where told before CB that this "international" version would cater for europeans that want to leave illegal servers and my-en's horrid services for a better option with english speaking players. Now that we're here and ready to start over and have fun we find out its all for nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • xauss
    xauss Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lipe124
    edited September 2008
    XD ftw xauss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrno
    mrno Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Check www.perfectworld.ms
    it is Europa's server and MULTI LANGUAGE service
    And i hope zen prices will be more reasonable .
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    mrno wrote: »
    Check www.perfectworld.ms
    it is Europa's server and MULTI LANGUAGE service
    And i hope zen prices will be more reasonable .
    server is hosted in europe but there is no IP ban so its International
    Server time will be GMT or GMT+/-1
    For sure zen prices will be way more accesible to everyone. Thank you for letting me know about this server mrno.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
  • suntiger
    suntiger Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Good grief. Get your facts straight.

As far as I know PW-US doesn't have an IP ban on any countries except those where PW already has servers, like China and Malaysia.
    In that sense, the US version is just as international as the European one.
    (And the pricing discussion is for another thread.)

In terms of catering to players outside the US, PW-US is not international, and that's fine too, because US is their main target group, or whatever you call it in businessese.

It's a bit unfortunate that they put International in the name to get more people to join (I assume mostly from Europe and Japan, quite possibly also Australia and New Zeeland) when they didn't put event times on a more overseas-friendly basis, or have two events.
    If it had been more accurate and stated that this was PW-US, things would have been fine.

The Europeans and Japanese playing on here would have followed the times that were advertised without much complaint, because they would have expected it to be centered to US timezones.
    (Well, ok, people might have complained anyway, they usually do, but less because of the expectations being different.)
  • lipe124
    edited September 2008
    yea the thing is, i kinda like playing with ppl from usa. Don't feel like playing with a lot of ppl that cant even read english.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • suntiger
    edited September 2008
    You can. PW-US doesn't IP lock SA.
    The events won't be on a very good time slot from you perspective, but you can still play with no problem.
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    suntiger wrote: »
    Good grief. Get your facts straight.

As far as I know PW-US doesn't have an IP ban on any countries except those where PW already has servers, like China and Malaysia.
    In that sense, the US version is just as international as the European one.
    No, since the european version doesn't block anyone. THAT's international.
    The Europeans and Japanese playing on here would have followed the times that were advertised without much complaint, because they would have expected it to be centered to US timezones.
    There is no single japanese player here, read here why.

And why did they ban Turkey? They don't have their own server.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kelo
    kelo Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    june wrote: »
    Even though I live in the server time zone and 8PM works for me, I want to say that we still need to conside the Europeans who also play Perfect World International. Otherwise, it would have been a mistake to get rid of the PVP/PVE West and East server groups.... unless you're really trying to limit your user base. . 2PM PST might be a little early of PST players. Maybe 3 or 4 or 5PM as a compromise, which would be like 11PM European, mignight, or 1AM respectively, I think ( I'm bad at the timezones. I may have to study it more..)

An option, is as people have mentioned, to have multiple times for events. For Territory War, I hope a time has been or will be set, that accommodate all of us. Of course , Territory war times on weekends will be a lot earlier, since it can take 3 hours to finish a battle. Thank you! ^_~
    Basicaly, that's pretty much what I was about to write.

PWI team said thousands of time they will do their best to try to get the game enjoyable for everyone, mainly America and Europe. To do this, I think they will need to open most events twice, the first time being 8h earlier then the second (which is the current one). That is the only way to get people from Eurpoe to fully enjoy the game. ^^
    ~ Through the darkest of night, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor
  • suntiger
    edited September 2008
    soukyuu wrote: »
    No, since the european version doesn't block anyone. THAT's international.

There is no single japanese player here, read here why.

And why did they ban Turkey? They don't have their own server.
    Hah, looks like I didn't have my facts straight either. ;)
    Thanks for clearing that up, and for the links.
    Forgot the Japanese had their own version. Don't know why they banned Turkey.

I'm a bit confused about the European versions though, because there's one here:
    http://www.perfectworld.gr/
    and one here:
    http://www.perfectworld.ms/

Both call themselves PW-EU, but the later is the only one that seems to offer a multi-language service, starting out with English, German and Spanish versions and adding French and Turkish versions shortly after.
    The later one said it won't block any IP addresses.
    Couldn't find any info on the first one.
  • lipe124
    edited September 2008
    .gr is an illegal server thats pretty much dead.

.ms is the multilanguage offical european one that still needs to enter CB. When this goes OB pretty much any and all europeans will quit pw-int I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tsekaivara
    tsekaivara Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I play from europe and except from the timezone-problem i also think there is a little lag...
    It seems that the PW-international was created for USA players but i think creating so many servers will seperate players a lot...

I just want to know if there is going to be any friendly-europe change or should european players wait for their own server? I just do not want to wate my time on a character that i will stop or cannot play as much as i want...
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ^ there are more reasons than just event times to wait for the eu server, at least for me. (cash shop, anyone?)

as lipe already said, the .gr server is a pserver, the .ms one is the official european multilanguage server.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mardukprophet
    mardukprophet Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    gimmeh2 wrote: »
    I'm hoping not everyone is as ignorant and filled with "revenge" like you are.

The game is PW-INTERNATIONAL and there is whole guilds with ONLY players from europe. WTH is up with this amrican way of thinking of "we're better than the world and we don't care about your little problems" If youre' even THINKING of posting that nosnense there then DONT!!

We're better than the world and we don't care about your little problems.

See, now that was sarcasm. Here's the real scoop. Wherever the servers are, that is the timezone that will be used. It has absolutely nothing to do with race, nationality, personal belief, or anything. It is simply geographically correct to assume that the most intelligent timezone to use for the situation is where the servers are located. So, leave your "america sucks" bullsh- out of the conversation, please. Let us Americans rip on ourselves instead. Its something we're incredibly good at, despite everyone else wanting to have a turn.

And let me ask you... what is this "american thinking" thing you're referring to? In just another thread (or was it this one?) I saw a Euro complaining about not wanting to play with a Turk because they don't speak english. It is not an American thought process. It is human nature to seek conflict simply so we can offer our own way of resolving it, not American nature.
    darthpanda16:
    I will start deleting posts that are just posts to post in the Tech Support forums.