BOSS Event

Options
dankmonkey
dankmonkey Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
Was it just me or did it suk? Laggy , late starting server froze up, couldnt skill up NPC's went away, etc. need I tell the rest, mainly a waste of time? Bad event guys. Was it a server crash test, well if so it worked. You need to restart your servers. Add your 2 cents. And I dont have a junk computer so it wasnt my system or connection.
Post edited by dankmonkey on

Comments

• lockhart
    lockhart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    The event was a major embarassment to the GM's I think. They spawned too many at once (maybe a typo in the command?) and screwed the whole server over. I got a few suggestion for future events, but I guess they'll get better attention if I send em via PM =P

All in all, nice try but human error messed it up =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mihimaru ~ 4x Venomancer ~ Starlight ~ Heaven's Tear
    CB tester :D
  • vigor
    vigor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    It's still better than having no event at all. Not like you were forced to participate in it. I didn't
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lost City
  • lockhart
    edited September 2008
    Options
    vigor wrote: »
    It's still better than having no event at all. Not like you were forced to participate in it. I didn't

Yes, but as I said, the whole server froze over. I couldnt dismount my flyer, nor feed my pet who was starving. And from what I heard from guildies, there was no normal mobs or they were seriously bugged.

Of course this is hearsay, all I know for sure is that my game went boom near the event :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kinosh30
    kinosh30 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    If you noticed on CB stress test in Heart lake should have noticed the limit then, But if you wanted to know now how much your Server can take Yahdo now :P I would recommend more servers. heh
  • lena
    lena Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    well that was a good server lag test I think its time for more servers even PW-MY boss events didnt lag that much at least you were able to do stuff including rez your faction or squad members.Over all it was a complete waste of time.Venomancers couldnt fed their pets especially when they were starving, others couldnt dismount their mounts or stop flying. A complete screwball was what that boss event was
    You Were Never Meant To Arrive In Hell Looking Like A Fashion Plate...Rather To Slide In Backwards..Glass Of Wine In Hand..Hair In Disarray..Totally Exhausted.... Screaming man what a ride !!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • poison
    poison Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    While trying to take part in the event must have totally blown...

I saw people complaining about "server frozen" and such in world chat, but wasn't experiencing a single bit of lag where I was, all NPC's and players around me were fine. Probably just the people near the event that felt the effects.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • finasoa
    finasoa Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Well I participated in it at first and my screen certainly did NOT freeze.

I was able to cast magic and run around just fine.

Yes I had more lag than normal, but I was by no means unable to fight.

In my opinion, this is not server lag...this is your computer not being able to render all of the players, skills, monsters, textures, and everything all at once.

Upgrade your computer parts and you won't have as much lag. I know I certainly did not lag as bad as everyone else seems to.

I don't think this was a 'server lag' test.

If your computer isn't good enough to handle it, either turn down all of your settings, or don't come to crowded areas like that...or upgrade your PC.

As I said already...my screen wasn't frozen at all and I was able to fight fine. There was more lag than normal, yes, but it was by no means debilatating.
  • lockhart
    edited September 2008
    Options
    poison wrote: »
    While trying to take part in the event must have totally blown...

I saw people complaining about "server frozen" and such in world chat, but wasn't experiencing a single bit of lag where I was, all NPC's and players around me were fine. Probably just the people near the event that felt the effects.

I did not experience any lag moving and whatnot either. Did you go and try to attack any mobs? Just curious if the frozing was only for the peeps near the event.

EDIT: And to be perfectly clear, I did not experience lag when moving/targetting and whatnot. But when I tried to dismount my aerial mount or feed my pet, I couldnt. I even flew ways off from the crowds hoping I could dismount there, but no luck. Btw what server were you all, Heaven's Tear here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • waswas
    waswas Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    okay umm yes sometimes if everyone gets stuck in one place for a while, no event is better, im not ragging on the GM's it was a nice try, trial and error is whats best =D if you dont mind here are some better ideas for the Event of a boss attack

1: have like 10 "boss" at major cities and some at some minor cities (lagg too bad for everyone to be at one city)
    2: at the big cities make BIG bosses like 40 or 60 (as you see fit) or so with some little bosses around
    3: watch your commands =D

alright well im not sure if this will even be seen lol alright well GL better luck next time
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    We realize that some of you may of have had a laggy experience during this event. We will be sure to take this fact into account for future events. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • meome
    meome Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Was kinda laggy at first with the 19 fb bosses outside Arch,but after at the giant fish thing everything was ok.Could play on max with no problem and everything worked for me =\
  • dankmonkey
    dankmonkey Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Now seth and Codekitty or kitten is exploiting the glitch, they are the ONLY 2 that can attack out of the WHOLE server I got SS to prove it that a unfair advantage and there are like 5000 bosses in the water. GM want SS just ask, you need to roll back server so these 2 dont get unfair drops while the rest watches and can do nothing.
  • neonova
    neonova Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    You know people, this game opened for OPEN BETA on Sept 2nd, only 4 DAYS AGO!! And for you people that just don't get what OPEN BETA means. It means it still in testing. So the game isn't going to run perfert all the time and there are going to be bugs BUT whinning and crying and acting like little children about it don't fix it. You are supposed to log on here and make a post and say at such and such a time this happened when this was going on and provide any and all facts that may help to correct the situation like location and or screenshots pc specs that kinda thing. Because frankly complaining about a game you are playing for FREE dont fix a darn thing and probally only get you ignored.

Thank you.
  • meome
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I lost more exp then i gained anyway,dont think they will rollback tho.
  • lockhart
    edited September 2008
    Options
    meome wrote: »
    Was kinda laggy at first with the 19 fb bosses outside Arch,but after at the giant fish thing everything was ok.Could play on max with no problem and everything worked for me =\

Was the exact opposite to me. The bosses outside of Arky (Archosaur) were just fine. The problems came when they spawned near Tradewind Village.

Buut anyway, thanks for the event GM's. Was fun while it lasted :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • energie
    energie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    WE ARE STUCK IN THAT TRADE WIND WILLAGE plss reset serv:mad:
  • meome
    edited September 2008
    Options
    lockhart wrote: »
    Was the exact opposite to me. The bosses outside of Arky (Archosaur) were just fine. The problems came when they spawned near Tradewind Village.

But anyway, thanks for the event GM's. Was fun while it lasted :D

Maybe because i play on Lost city,there was no freezing or world chat about that as far as i know.
    There was some lag when everybody came to Arch gates,but i turned gfx on low and it was ok.

The event wasn't that bad,i took some nice SS's and was fun killing.
    (No fun getting one hitted by the fish)
  • xarfox
    edited September 2008
    Options
    energie wrote: »
    WE ARE STUCK IN THAT TRADE WIND WILLAGE plss reset serv:mad:

We are working to fix the problem right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vngel
    vngel Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Yep, I am stuck in tradewind village too... I was able to attack outside west Arch, but the problems started in tradewind. My pet is starvign and lost 200 loyalty, and I died 2x and lost 10% exp lol. So much for trying to participate in some boss killing.
  • lockhart
    edited September 2008
    Options
    meome wrote: »
    Maybe because i play on Lost city,there was no freezing or world chat about that as far as i know.
    There was some lag when everybody came to Arch gates,but i turned gfx on low and it was ok.

The event wasn't that bad,i took some nice SS's and was fun killing.
    (No fun getting one hitted by the fish)

Could be the problem was only in Heaven's Tear. Just chatted with my guildies, the ones who did not take part in the event are playing just fine, can fly and summon pets normally etc. So its only us who actually took part who are screwed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mia0
    mia0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I experienced no problems fighting near Archosaur and the Mines but as soon as I arrived outside Tradewind I got stuck on the bridge near the huge boss mob. I keep getting crashed out of the server so I will try a few more times to see what happens.
  • xarfox
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Heaven's Tear will be brought down and restarted, this process should take no longer than 5 minutes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lockhart
    edited September 2008
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    Heaven's Tear will be brought down and restarted, this process should take no longer than 5 minutes.

Thank you, hope that will solve it :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vngel
    vngel Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »

Thank You!
  • ladymist
    ladymist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Thanks for the info Xarfox! Will be waiting patiently.(Froze in Tradewind also)
  • kailii
    kailii Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Screenshots from Fluff, regarding the army of bosses in the water... Hope this works, i'm juggling with quite some programs right now:
    20080907000933wm0.th.png

Gosh i'm still working on it, i think i just need a 10 pound hammer to get it done...

Anyway, since the internet seems to hate me right now, i'll upload the shots to a decent site tomorrow should you guys be interested in them.
    Right now i'm drunk, tired, and fighting the PW forums as well as the imageshack erm... "advantages"...

20080907001546gs8.th.png

OK, giving up now. Logging in for a couple more minutes with a fresh can of beer in my hand thinking it wasn't all too bad. After the first 10 betas or so (while PW isn't really a beta version right now) one learns how to relax... ;)
  • lockhart
    edited September 2008
    Options
    kailii wrote: »
    Screenshots from Fluff, regarding the army of bosses in the water... Hope this works, i'm juggling with quite some programs right now:

!

All I see is a thumbnail of the image :) But if I understood it right, theres some major amount of bosses in that pic.

EDIT: Oke, can see it now :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • piebandit
    piebandit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I was in the even from the very start and only had some video lag with the players.

after all the bosses were dead everything was fine for me lol.
  • blinnemans
    blinnemans Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Now let's hope no one was in a final battle..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Pfffff.. now breaks my wooden shoe ^^
  • lockhart
    edited September 2008
    Options
    piebandit wrote: »
    I was in the even from the very start and only had some video lag with the players.

after all the bosses were dead everything was fine for me lol.

What server are ye on? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]