zen is 3 times the cost of cubi?

Options
julz
julz Posts: 2 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
in PWMY i got 100 cubi for 32$ here i get 30 for 30$... 5$ gold hieros are gonna make leveling ridiculously costly; seriously contemplating returning to PWMY at this time
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lena
    lena Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I will be right behind you on that one hun I thought PW-MY was expensive this one is worse its bad enough I have to pay double on my server here Im going to be paying a **** load all my pay just to get 100 zen what a damn rip off lol sorry sugas but this sassy lil Kiwi is outta this game

Price differences for me

@ MY server $59.00 for 100 cubi

@ INT server $177.00 for 100 zen WTF!!!!
    You Were Never Meant To Arrive In Hell Looking Like A Fashion Plate...Rather To Slide In Backwards..Glass Of Wine In Hand..Hair In Disarray..Totally Exhausted.... Screaming man what a ride !!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • coros
    coros Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Agreed. MY makes enough to keep up and running at low costs I fail to see why Int can't. I was planning on buying zen too. Not at those prices though. =\
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3x WB Heaven's Tear
  • mrpepper
    mrpepper Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    WOW, I can see i either wont be spending much money on this server or i will be going back to the MY server
  • killu
    killu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Well, the prices do seem a little high imo.
    Lost City -
    Class: Barbarian
    Level: 1x
  • coros
    coros Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    They are gonna justify it by saying they lowered the prices 20 silver on most of the stuff. Which equates to 20 cents rl money lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3x WB Heaven's Tear
  • julz
    edited September 2008
    Options
    feel sorry for those that went PK and have to spend a ton on their gears and dollies to keep their stuff lmao
  • rolan
    rolan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Yeah, I can't afford these prices...10 bucks for a shirt? I can buy a real shirt for that....no joke, wal mart shirts 6 bucks...is there a wal-mart version of the cash shop?

That's too bad, was planing on buying zen right away too, actually had my credit card out and everything...looks like this is a play for free game for me.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    lena wrote: »
    @ MY server $59.00 for 100 cubi

@ INT server $177.00 for 100 zen WTF!!!!

Actually this is incorrect. 1000 ZEN is equal to $10.

We realize that some of you are not happy with cash shop item prices. Since Closed Beta the prices of a lot of items have been dropped, and this was primarily due to player feedback.

We are constantly watching the community and listening to what our players have to say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lena
    edited September 2008
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »

We realize that some of you are not happy with cash shop item prices. Since Closed Beta the prices of a lot of items have been dropped, and this was primarily due to player feedback.

We are constantly watching the community and listening to what our players have to say.

hun you have to realize Im from New Zealand our prices automatically triple no matter what oh yeah and I forgot 100 gold not zen rofl my bads on that one hehehe
    You Were Never Meant To Arrive In Hell Looking Like A Fashion Plate...Rather To Slide In Backwards..Glass Of Wine In Hand..Hair In Disarray..Totally Exhausted.... Screaming man what a ride !!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • julz
    edited September 2008
    Options
    so what's that converted into gold? 1000 zen = 10 gold? like the RM 100s conversions??
  • vigor
    vigor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    julz wrote: »
    so what's that converted into gold? 1000 zen = 10 gold? like the RM 100s conversions??

Yes

1000 zen is 10 gold
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lost City
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    vigor wrote: »
    Yes

1000 zen is 10 gold

This is correct. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • julz
    edited September 2008
    Options
    then its still nearly triple the price for most things.. still crazy. 10$ shirts and 3$ silver hieros.. yikes.
  • wildd
    wildd Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    yep agree still at least double nearly triple the price of MY not what most people were expecting.
  • rolan
    rolan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »

she was actually talking about the end result, after you convert the zen into gold, not the zen itself...don't know why you start with what looks like lots and end with little. Still, 10 dollars for a shirt, can't afford that, can seriously buy a real shirt for cheaper, bits of code shouldn't be more than bits of thread...pay to play games end up being cheaper after I buy shoes to go with that shirt.
  • lyrielcrossfield
    lyrielcrossfield Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Count my vote in for the too expensive mark too. These prices are insane compared to more F2P MMOs with a cash shop.

Taking into the consideration the stuff I want...

Blouse- 7 Gold
    Skirt- 1 Gold
    Gloves- N/A
    Heels- 1 Gold

That's $9 right there, not counting the costs of dyes to make the outfit match (at least 2 Gold, more if I'm unlucky with the randoms).

So...$11 just for a nice looking outfit?

$25 most if you want the Wingspan outfit.

I think not. For $10 I could go back to Mabinogi and buy a kit gives me pretty much everything you offer and more. Or for $25 I could go back to playing WoW and have everything I want without any CS to bugger with.

Lower prices please.
  • faytless
    faytless Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    if things stay the way they are then ill, for my first time subscribe to a p2p game: FFXI :D:D:D
    i hear nothing but good things, and subscribing for that will virtually save me TONS of money and ill be treated equally compared to any other. not to mention more content etc:cool:
  • mikoto
    mikoto Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    The prices are ridiculous. I had been planning on buying from cash shop, but now I don't think I will anymore.

This server is starting to become a bit disappointing to me. First waste time on their contest that I didn't even get the prize for, and then they also make CS high priced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    At $1/ZEN, I'll just learn to do without for a bit. I'll be looking forward to that free 10 ZEN that they don't seem to be giving me.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • lena
    edited September 2008
    Options
    well I went to see how much it was going to cost me and its going to be $35 for 2000 zen which in the end is a little bit cheaper for me and I know I went overboard before with the prices coz I didnt calculate things right but either way still expensive for others
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    At those prices, I'll only buy the essential from the cash shop. So in the end PWE will make less money with me than if they priced thier cash shop currency closer to what it cost in MY-EN.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • ath
    ath Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    1000 zen = $10 USD = 10 gold that is STILL a damn dollar for gold raito. Seriously, I was all hyped on my PW int...specially with the IP ban, no lag, and now this? No way, I rather go back to PW MY where $10 will buy me more than what it can here. You want players to spend money and STAY on this server, compete it with PW MY, there is no reason why you can't. You would still be making a profit. Or keep your prices, and soon, the big spenders from PW MY will go back there. Why spend 2-3x as much here, when we can get so much more for our money there? I am so dissapointed it's not even funny.
  • kissubang
    kissubang Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Blah. I was all ready to spend my money on the cash shop too, I thought the prices would be similar to MY-E. I'll pass. The prices at current are pretty ridiculous.
  • kick123
    kick123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    when yuo triple the cost for zen, you better reduce the cashshop item price by 3 times because at this rate, no one is gonna pay for this nonsense.

PWE should realize that you guys provide a server with no lag, but old players would go back to pw-my easily because of high level charas there and low prices, we are not stuck with this expensive ****.
  • rev
    rev Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    for he sake of organization (and to keep accurate tally) I have created this petition for the lowering of prices in the cash shop, it is out of the most respect it is made, and not to be seen as an insult to anyone at PWE or PWI.

http://www.petitiononline.com/g345a165/petition.html
    "Either you die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Harvey Dent - The Dark Knight

Phase 1 Dungeon Design Contest Winner!
    Entry: Hall of Forsaken Souls, Twas fun to design.
  • kaleidoscope
    kaleidoscope Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    With a $1:1 gold ratio, I will not be spending a cent on PW-INT, unfortunately. EP's go through heiros like water. 1-2 a day...up to $5 a day just to keep heiros going? I dread to think what the price of fancy wings or mounts will be. At this rate Wings of Seraph will be $99, and some of the lion mounts will be upwards of $110.

Just...no. Do something about the prices, because right now it's just ridiculous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CB/ Ruin - Cleric
    OB/ Agony - Cleric
  • lesser
    lesser Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I see alot of complaining, I don't know why. I didn't play PW-MY. Never intend to, don't want to deal with that lag. But the prices seem fair to me...unless maybe...you make minimum wage and live alone paying all the bills, then maybe I could understand the complaining. This is generally how it is when I see a game from asia converted to a NA game. But whatever, everyone views this their own way.
  • rev
    rev Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    lesser the thing is, even at these rates, many of the important items are double, almost triple the price here than they are on MY-EN, basically the two major factors of this game are switched between my-en and here:

PWI: Great community - Expensive cash shop items
    MY-EN: Bad communit - cheap cash shop items.
    "Either you die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Harvey Dent - The Dark Knight

Phase 1 Dungeon Design Contest Winner!
    Entry: Hall of Forsaken Souls, Twas fun to design.
  • lingy
    lingy Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    So much for playing this game...I'm outta here. Uninstalling the game right now. Not even bothering to patch it. Those prices are wayyyyy to high.
  • lesser
    lesser Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I guess, but since I didn't play PW-MY more than 1 day, I guess it bothers me less. Though I wouldn't mind heiro's being lower...considering how fast I burned them in CB. But the rest of the stuff I don't mind paying the prices. Either way I'll still enjoy the game. Just will end up being more cautious with Heiros (no more rambo runs).
This discussion has been closed.