Version 5 elements.data

bigtoyota
bigtoyota Posts: 31 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Support Desk
After the updating is done can someone please take the time to upload the new elements.data and tasks.data? I'm trying to update my client again but it would seem that it still gets stuck on elements.data, and the fix that Klithy posted worked for me, although not in time for Closed beta lol. You have no idea how many people besides me will appreciate this!!!!
Post edited by bigtoyota on

Comments

• shadowslay
    shadowslay Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    It just happened to me. All I did was restart client a couple times and continued from previous update attempt. Worked after 2-3 tries.
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I'll be sure to do it (unless someone else beats me) once the open beta is actually live. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bigtoyota
    edited September 2008
    Many thanks, and may I also say it's nice to have games forums where the mods and GM's will actually post and help. I've had some not so good experiences with other MMO's, and this, so far, is most refreshing!
  • hiiro
    hiiro Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    shadowslay wrote: »
    It just happened to me. All I did was restart client a couple times and continued from previous update attempt. Worked after 2-3 tries.

Wish I was that lucky. I keep getting slammed with the tasks ><
  • anyandrell
    anyandrell Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Mine stumbled on it the first time, restarted it and it seems to work fine now.
  • irbis
    irbis Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    bigtoyota wrote: »
    Many thanks, and may I also say it's nice to have games forums where the mods and GM's will actually post and help. I've had some not so good experiences with other MMO's, and this, so far, is most refreshing!
    not to discourage you but ryuuzaki is a rare gem in this matter. he simply answear any "help-thread" before i even clikc it lol.
    so <3 for ryuuzaki
    There exist only three beings worthy of respect:
    the priest, the soldier, the poet.
    To know, to kill, to create.
    -severan
  • shadowslay
    edited September 2008
    hiiro wrote: »
    Wish I was that lucky. I keep getting slammed with the tasks ><

Yeah the elements stuck me once. After 1 restart they worked.. But the task took 3 restarts and finally whizzed through that and the rest of the files that final try. :D
  • aaddron
    aaddron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ryuuzaki wrote: »
    I'll be sure to do it (unless someone else beats me) once the open beta is actually live. ;)

Why can't you upload now? I'm pretty sure they wouldn't put up a new patch today just to replace it a couple hours later. But I can wait at least your helping.
    IRTPTP <
    Can you figure it out.
  • mieko
    mieko Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    not for me T_T I have done 20 times and no easy task ><
  • hiiro
    hiiro Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    shadowslay wrote: »
    Yeah the elements stuck me once. After 1 restart they worked.. But the task took 3 restarts and finally whizzed through that and the rest of the files that final try. :D

Elements finally went through, yaaay~ And I'm through <3
  • bigtoyota
    edited September 2008
    irbis wrote: »
    not to discourage you but ryuuzaki is a rare gem in this matter. he simply answear any "help-thread" before i even clikc it lol.
    so <3 for ryuuzaki

Irregardless of this fact, at least ONE person is doing something to help out. In the other games I came from, it was email and wait 2-3 days, and you MIGHT get an answer. Even darthpanda is posting on these forums, which never would have happened in the other games I played.

It will be rather hard to be discouraged with even a minimal mod presence on these forums, as most games are lacking even this.

No flame intended in this response.
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    For one, I'm not even home yet... but I don't want to do it until it's actually official and all the necessary changes have been made. The last thing we want is to **** anyone up. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shadowslay
    edited September 2008
    hiiro wrote: »
    Elements finally went through, yaaay~ And I'm through <3

Nice! only about 10 minutes to go now :D
  • barbazule
    barbazule Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hello,

One of my computer is stuck with the first file badwords.txt and get error. The other is ok, the problem is my main computer is the one wich doesn't work. I am using vista 64 ont it.
  • thornwind
    thornwind Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I think you'll find that the few people that managed to finally get elements.data to update (I'm one of them, yay for me), ended up getting permanently stuck on tasks.data
    You might wanna throw that up too..
  • kuukai
    kuukai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    well ryu take your time but fix it soon >.< anyways theres gona be major lagg in ob start >:p
    but hope you finish the thingy >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bigtoyota
    edited September 2008
    thornwind wrote: »
    I think you'll find that the few people that managed to finally get elements.data to update (I'm one of the, yay for me), ended up getting permanently stuck on tasks.data

I suppose trying to get the patcher to work is a decent enough way to kill an hour

If you'll read my first post, I've asked for the tasks.data file to be included as well, as was done with the Klithy patch. I have some suspicions on why it hangs on these files, but there's no way to really tell for sure.
  • arestides
    arestides Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    From former "beta" Expierence Ryu, Even if you posted it now.. And they did make a change.. it would require all players who have already downloaded it.. .to Re-"DL" The new Elements.data... etc... And the game version would be adjusted as such... :P.....

I was a GM on Turf Battles... That is until it failed and i quit .. hehe :D
  • lumino
    lumino Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    this is making me really really angry. why on earth isn't there a manual download available!!

EDIT:... it seems in writing this post prompted it to behave like a good little rubber duck
  • plex
    plex Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Sorry for the wait, i just found this thread, so i uploaded the elements.data and tasks.data for you =)

dl link - http://www.team-enu.com/downloads/files.rar
  • irbis
    edited September 2008
    ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    okey ill do my best to not rant or flame but...
    yeah. the very same elemental.date problem from 2 weeks ago in CB.
    god i though we are over it long time ago. and no "closed beta" rubish this time. we gone open. we ARE open. why a generic player still have to go thru this broken-patcher issue?
    ive wasted half of the day last time trying to make my patcher work. trying all diffrent methods that people suggested. i will not do it again. this time YOU fix it. without any of my imput like wasting 10h again.

PS thx plex for the upload. ill try but i still think this should be solved by devs not by players helping each other...
    -severan
  • bigtoyota
    edited September 2008
    Plex, you rock!! Thank you so much. Perhaps now I can enjoy this game in.....another hour or so XD!

EDIT: Foiled again, this time at 015.dds, drat, drat, and triple DRAT!! Sigh, maybe it's just time to let tech support handle it.
  • thornwind
    edited September 2008
    bigtoyota wrote: »
    If you'll read my first post, I've asked for the tasks.data file to be included as well

ah cool, ty
  • arestides
    arestides Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Take the files that Plex posted.. Follow these simple instructions.

1.) Download his files.
    2.) Extract them to C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\data ( Basicly Your Data Folder where you Installed PW. )
    3.) Load up the Launcher...
    4.) Join the horde of people.. :D

ps.. Thanks You Plex many times :D
  • kuukai
    edited September 2008
    all hail the mighty plex if it works >.<

edit: getting stuck at tasks.npc o.o
    am i the only one stuck at tasks.npc O_________O?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thornwind
    edited September 2008
    Now it's stuck on 015.dds

:mad:
  • bigtoyota
    edited September 2008
    Yep, me too. perhaps this is the reason for the one hour delay??
  • lilly90
    lilly90 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    i was stuck at 015 stuff too .just restart it a couple of times and it should work
    Wrathy
    8x Mage
    LC server .
  • kuukai
    edited September 2008
    i am stuck at tasks.npc =((
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • irbis
    edited September 2008
    okey.... after using plex rar and re-patching over and over like 11 times in row finaly my client is done and working.
    BUT ALL THIS SHOUDLNT HAPPEND AFTER ALL :mad::mad::mad:
    -severan
This discussion has been closed.