What do you want for testing?

Options
terrabyte
terrabyte Posts: 71 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
Ok so i see alot of people want something for testing the game so my question is what do you want you all say i want something but most dont say what they want.

what could they give you that wouldn't give you an unfair advantage over new players?

gold? well whats the point any reasonable amount wont matter in the long run and you get enough from playing to afford what you need

an item? any item available for use at lvl 1 will be useless in about 15 mins

CB or ZEN? well thats how they make their money (which makes the game free for all those who dont pay)

i seen one suggestion for a way of displaying that you were in the beta this seem like a cool idea to me

so if you have a CREATIVE suggestion post it here
Post edited by terrabyte on

Comments

• nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited August 2008
    Options
    a cloak(cap, WITHOUT bonus)?....
    save our char name?...
  • gcalex5
    gcalex5 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    that one fashion that is black is pretty sweet but in all reality i dont think we should get anything we werre doing it to test teh game before the final realase and to people who are crying about wiping the characters we all knew it was going to happen see u all in the open beta
  • garnooo
    garnooo Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    guys, stop spamming about what you want to get! you can make 847463523762 topics for nothing, so w8 patitntly for GM/mod post/answer...
  • kittyeatsushi
    kittyeatsushi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I think a giant flying waffle mount would be sufficient.

It would look awesome.
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    II'd appreciate 15 Zen. That would make everyone happy, because you can choose your gift.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • vigor
    vigor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I want nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lost City
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ark wrote: »
    II'd appreciate 15 Zen. That would make everyone happy, because you can choose your gift.

That would not make me happy, I want more than 15 zen :p.

I'm just kidding, I'd be happy with anything pretty much.
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    A white tshirt with a pink heart on it or my VM and some pants/skirt would be nice.

I guess something more suitable for the male claases tho, maybe a shirt with a skull or w/e
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • kuailiang
    kuailiang Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    A shirt with: 'I beta tested and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.' written on it ^^
  • tune
    tune Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i vote for the giant flying waffle mount
  • lisellemorrow
    lisellemorrow Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    kuailiang wrote: »
    A shirt with: 'I beta tested and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.' written on it ^^

I'll second that, and then I'll throw it in the shredder :D
  • destruction
    destruction Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The right to my name and a Closed Beta Cloak that does nothing besides look cool.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The right to my name and a Closed Beta Cloak that does nothing besides look cool.

Cloaks don't show ingame.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • elrodeo
    elrodeo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    What about having 2 Stars adorn your name. If'e heard that they did that for beta testers on PW-MY.
  • usagichan
    usagichan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    terrabyte wrote: »
    Ok so i see alot of people want something for testing the game so my question is what do you want you all say i want something but most dont say what they want.

what could they give you that wouldn't give you an unfair advantage over new players?

CB or ZEN? well thats how they make their money (which makes the game free for all those who dont pay)

I don't need anything.

You know, PW Japan gave "zen" to players, I don't remember if it was after CB or OB.
  • delorne
    delorne Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Me, I'd appreciate anything but I expect nothing.

It's enough to me that I was allowed to get to test the game before anyone else.

For al lthose who WANT something. .remember this... you WANTED to play the game enough to get in the CB early.
  • balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    delorne wrote: »
    Me, I'd appreciate anything but I expect nothing.

It's enough to me that I was allowed to get to test the game before anyone else.

For al lthose who WANT something. .remember this... you WANTED to play the game enough to get in the CB early.

Took the words right out of my mouth ^__^
  • nin1
    nin1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i think that we should all be greatfull for just being able to do the closed beta, and being able to change how the game is developed. I think that if the developers want to reward us for that , they will on their own way. Asking for stuff is just a way of saying "me me me", with no regards to the game developers, who spend countless hours to give us a game . That is the one big problem with humanity,its allways about the me thing
  • trick
    trick Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I think that it was fun playing the closed beta, i dont think i should get anything in return, but i would enjoy something, as would everybody. I dont NEED anything, but i think maybe something thats useful in pve, something that gives me an advantage to the game, but not other players. maybe a mount at lvl 10? or anything to make me move faster, sucks waitin for lvl 20 or 30, or whatever it is to get a mount. i dunno just an idea. i dont expect anything, but i would like something. :)
  • fez
    fez Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Perfect final version of the game is what i want.
    Thats what we are actually testing for right now... Well, open beta characters should not be wiped. And maybe the HUD and onscreen text to get bigger on higher resolutions or change of font for more clear one? But that goes under the first sentence.
  • zezix
    zezix Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I think they should give us each a special symbol by our name. You know how GM's have the "GM" by their name? They could maybe give us a symbol that is like "CB" or "T" for tester. I don't know.

I know in this old game I played that the people who were in CB got a special looking cape that nobody else got that said "Closed Beta Tester" on the back of it. It didn't give any special stats or anything, just for looks.

If people complain about not gettin a CB prize because they werent in CB (this is if we do get prizes) that is their fault. It's not like CB was hard to get into at all.
  • flobot
    flobot Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    it would be nice if we got to keep our characters and we get a bit of zen. I also like zezix's idea about having something that proved that we were a beta tester.
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited August 2008
    Options
    How about we get Open Beta, thats a good enough prize for playing Closed Beta:p

sealed~
  • zezix
    edited August 2008
    Options
    How would be getting Open Beta be a prize for playing Closed Beta when people who don't play Closed Beta still play Open Beta. Your theory is off.
  • sealed
    edited August 2008
    Options
    sealed wrote: »
    How about we get Open Beta, thats a good enough prize for playing Closed Beta:p

sealed~
    ~Translation~
    Just be happy that players are able to play Closed Beta to get a glimpse of this game.
  • zezix
    edited August 2008
    Options
    We are happy for that, why do you have a problem with wanting us to be noticed for playing in CB? We aren't asking for uber l33t gear. Just something that shows that we played in CB, doh.
  • terrabyte
    terrabyte Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    What if everyone who wants a "prize" were to join a "Beta" guild?

i dont know how many people would like this idea or how many people were in the beta since i never seen more than five people at once (except at launch)

just an idea

and yes i realize eventually beta testers will stop playing and non betas would be in the guild too
    but this is the best i could come up with so keep the ideas coming:D
  • xanados
    xanados Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    They change Archosaur to Navras or Azarath, hehe, one of my IGNs

NPC's get renamed by a unique IGN character who played in CB. Or mob named Karmelia or Ren so we can well beat the **** out of them for exp. :D
    Syndacus L. 31 Stoneman Protector - 1250 Patk
    Dingleberry L. 14 Marksman
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sealed
    edited August 2008
    Options
    xanados wrote: »
    They change Archosaur to Navras or Azarath, hehe, one of my IGNs

NPC's get renamed by a unique IGN character who played in CB. Or mob named Karmelia or Ren so we can well beat the **** out of them for exp. :D

Haha I LOL'ed,
    That would be really funny, but Ren is kinda cool though:p

sealed~
  • ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I want cookies! Lots of yummy cookies. I want chocolate chip, chocolate chunk, oatmeal raisin, sugar cookies... Mmmmmm... *drool*

PS: Ooh! And Oreos, too. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]