Thanks to our member moderators

Options
karmelia
karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
Thank you for giving your time to make these forums a better place.

Don't worry too much about the complainers.

The majority here appreciate your work. <3
Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
Post edited by karmelia on

Comments

• ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Karmelia brown nosing as he has since day 1, what's new?
    You try so hard for a mod position yet you will never have it because you rub 90% of the forum the wrong way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited August 2008
    Options
    then iam not here to thx because i know that many people here could do better work than Roxy(for eg Karm), personally.
    Karm you are TOO nice,
    Well mouving a big threads(=closing), stick their own thread useless in wrong place more ever,
    I thank Ryuuzaki but not Roxy!
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Personally I haven't seen them doing much D:

Which is a good thing, because the forums are so narrow minded anyway
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Knew it was going to be like this ever since I saw the topic.

Stop hating on people because they got to become a mod, there are a few who might do better than others but what's the point of saying that?

What's so horrible about Roxy becoming a mod. I didn't see her do anything so wrong to warrant your (the haters) behavior

PS No, I'm not brown nosing I'm just speaking my mind.
  • t0yo
    edited August 2008
    Options
    tatakairyu wrote: »
    Knew it was going to be like this ever since I saw the topic.

Stop hating on people because they got to become a mod, there are a few who might do better than others but what's the point of saying that?

What's so horrible about Roxy becoming a mod. I didn't see her do anything so wrong to warrant your (the haters) behavior

PS No, I'm not brown nosing I'm just speaking my mind.

Sadly everyone has a right to have their own opinion.

Honestly haven't you people ever been criticized in real life? It happens daily, the internet is no different.

p.s. I'm not against member mods. I'm against people who argue against people who criticize member mods illogicaly. Tatakairyu is the only one at least presenting some reason to why he dislikes the harsh criticism
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ren wrote: »
    You try so hard for a mod position yet you will never have it because you rub 90% of the forum the wrong way.

Poor Ren... If only you knew...
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • fireblood
    fireblood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Finaly drama *grabs a chair* :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • t0yo
    edited August 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »

That you were asked to be one of the moderators and you turned it down?

I wouldn't be surprised a few other people I knew turned it down also
  • stampede
    stampede Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Kiss **** a lil more ******
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Actions by RQ have led me to believe this, so RQ members get out of your conceited, stuck-up, world revolves around you, World ok? Worlds True and Only **** up there next to Hitler, Mao Zedong and many other dictators-RQ is now among them. Definition of harass: 1. to disturb persistently; torment, as with troubles or cares; bother continually; pester; persecute. -darknin
  • lockhart
    lockhart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    So this is another drama thread?

I appreciate the player mods, it isnt an easy position to fill. They will get alot of hate/flames/jealousy, yet if they can keep a cool head and answer in appropriate manner theyve proven themselves to be above the the majority of these forums community.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mihimaru ~ 4x Venomancer ~ Starlight ~ Heaven's Tear
    CB tester :D
  • kinetikop
    kinetikop Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Thank you for giving your time to make these forums a better place.

Don't worry too much about the complainers.

The majority here appreciate your work. <3

I agree 100% and to all the haters, read the rules and follow them. Otherwise don't complain when you break one you didn't know and get in trouble.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • infrequentia
    infrequentia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I think all of these threads that get out of line should be locked. These people are moderators now, deal with it. If you have a problem with how they do their thing, take it up with the community manager and stop taking it to the forums and make unnecessary drama.
  • stampede
    stampede Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    And take your appreciation ******** to PMs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Actions by RQ have led me to believe this, so RQ members get out of your conceited, stuck-up, world revolves around you, World ok? Worlds True and Only **** up there next to Hitler, Mao Zedong and many other dictators-RQ is now among them. Definition of harass: 1. to disturb persistently; torment, as with troubles or cares; bother continually; pester; persecute. -darknin
  • balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options

All I see his negativity from you, its a bit sad.

Trolling the forums isn't fun, and you my friend are probably rubbing 99% of the forums the wrong way.

I don't know if thats your intention but if it is, you need to re-think your ideals about your self.

But of course everyone has their own personality, so I'm sorry if I offend you.

Peace~
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited August 2008
    Options

Thats soo the truth I noticed that too:rolleyes:

sealed~
  • celes
    celes Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Need a really active PW fansite. Officals are driving me insane with stupid ****.
  • faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Good job staff, keep up the good work(nothing major went wrong and that's all it matters), ignore the haters.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I haven't noticed a lot of member mods except ryu and roxy. I hope there wasn't anymore :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • felixomni
    felixomni Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I haven't paid much attention to the member mods, or any mods; as my post count shows, I'm barely active on the forums at all. Today is special. But let me share an anecdote.

Most of my experience in gaming communities comes from wikis, and on wikis there is no official presence- in the only instance I know of where a wiki is hosted by the game's developers, Guild Wars Wiki (not the same as GuildWiki), the ArenaNet employees are normal members like everyone else. The bureaucrats and sysops are chosen from the community, though not necessarily by the community. In time, the capabilities of the administrator will become apparent, and based on those capabilities, he or she would either be accepted and trusted, or asked to step down.

What I'm saying is this: it is a good thing for the community to moderate itself. To those who believe the current members mods are doing badly, time will tell. Keep an eye out for possible abuses of power, favoritism, etc., and bring those instances to light in a clear and concise but respectful manner. To those who think the mods are doing a good job, I encourage you to keep an eye out as well, and don't be afraid to support what you think is right.

Lastly, to the mods themselves, I can only say this. Do your best, and you'll have no regrets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN:Nepheneee
  • anima
    anima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Their job is to keep the forum less messy, especially this General Discussion box ^^. And as koz said, 2 mods is good enough after the game open.
    But I think I will change my siganature to "PLEASE READ THE STICKY THREAD, YOU MAY FIND ANSWERS FOR YOUR QUESTIONS ^^."
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ranthe
    ranthe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Seems like the ragequit people are the only ones that are pissed at the mods. Is it cause you weren't offered the job? Ya'll need to just chill out and be cool. If you try to cause problems for the mods, you're going to wind up being the ones with problems.

I am in full support of the member mods, and anyone else here with authority. After all, without people like that, the board would be full of people like ren.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vem0m
    vem0m Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options

Sad..... i agree with him you got banned and you still suck up to them. And then you think you know everything its very annoying when people smart enough such as myself can see this and knows you are full of ****. I hate people like you that make useless posts only to suck up to people when from all jokes aside the main admins that have been posting namely xarfox seems to know nothing about the game and nor do the member mods do their job. Kinda shows what community this game will have.
    ranthe wrote: »
    Seems like the ragequit people are the only ones that are pissed at the mods. Is it cause you weren't offered the job? Ya'll need to just chill out and be cool. If you try to cause problems for the mods, you're going to wind up being the ones with problems.

I am in full support of the member mods, and anyone else here with authority. After all, without people like that, the board would be full of people like ren.

LMAO! Maybe they are a little childish at times but the majority of them seem to have more common sense then half the idiots posting on these forums!
  • killshard
    killshard Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yeh Thanks guys
  • ambie
    ambie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    meh, i i guess..i..guess..I'll say thank you too, D; i cant believe i haven't been banned yet for being so god damn annoying and creeeeeepy...
    ;D someone up there must really love me. *looks at a hamster with wings sitting on a cloud waving a magic wand*
  • ranthe
    ranthe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    RageQuit and common sense don't belong in the same sentence together. Except that one.

And I'm not just another in a long line of mindless flamers. I've seen the kinds of things that have been posted on this board and on the PW-MY boards by their members. Hardly any of it is actually constructive, nor is any of it intelligent debate.

They seem to think that anyone that disagrees with them cannot be right at all and is a mindless moron. They also seem to think that swearing in their posts makes them tougher, or make more sense. Sorry but that just isn't true.

They may hate on the member mods as much as they want. The real truth is they are just jealous of the people that got moderator. That includes roxy, who is a good friend of mine.

So all in all, the people that will make this game thrive and be fun support the mods, because they are intelligent to know player mods are an important part of the overall MMORPG community, in that they are an essential link from the players themselves to the staff of the game. The people that flame them and are generally un-appreciative... well I'll just say that i wouldn't be surprised if the Banhammer visited them all eventually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ambie wrote: »
    *looks at a hamster with wings sitting on a cloud waving a magic wand*

You need to stay away from Baldur's Gate...
    ranthe wrote: »
    RageQuit and common sense don't belong in the same sentence together. Except that one.
    Proof? Oh right... there is none, because you're spouting lies.
    And I'm not just another in a long line of mindless flamers.
    Actually, the above quote alone proves otherwise.
    They seem to think that anyone that disagrees with them cannot be right at all and is a mindless moron.
    Not really, but the latter has a very high tendency to be the harsh truth.
    The real truth is they are just jealous of the people that got moderator. That includes roxy, who is a good friend of mine.

Why would anyone be jealous? I'm not going to work unless I get paid for it. The only worse than being tech support is being a customer support or moderator.
    So all in all, the people that will make this game thrive and be fun support the mods, because they are intelligent to know player mods are an important part of the overall MMORPG community, in that they are an essential link from the players themselves to the staff of the game. The people that flame them and are generally un-appreciative... well I'll just say that i wouldn't be surprised if the Banhammer visited them all eventually.

Rohan forums were fine, they had no member mods, and it was an adult-only environment. It is unfortunate that their greed killed the game itself though...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • itch
    itch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I didn't read any posts. I saw you posted this Karmelia. One sentence: Karmelia you're a ****ing joke.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited August 2008
    Options
    itch wrote: »
    I didn't read any posts. I saw you posted this Karmelia. One sentence: Karmelia you're a ****ing joke.

+1

Now that is solved time to wait until xarfox locks the thread:p

sealed~
  • espionis
    espionis Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Lol, this turned into a flame thread awfully fast. Let's just let people appreciate who they want :p
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    What RageQuit troll wants to be player mod xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
This discussion has been closed.