Closed Beta Players Reward??

Options
kuruno
kuruno Posts: 19 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
I was thinking...is there some kinda reward or something that can identify us closed beta players wen the game is official version is launched? I mean, it would be nice to receive like a badge in the side of the name or something that identify us. :cool:
Post edited by kuruno on

Comments

• nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited August 2008
    Options
    you had fun playing cb?
    That is your Reward;)(mostly like what will say gms LOL:p)
  • fireblood
    fireblood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    nounours wrote: »
    you had fun playing cb?
    That is your Reward;)(mostly like what will say gms LOL:p)
    ^ lol...........................
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • danubus37
    danubus37 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    no one should reward you for helping them test. Its a priviledge to get into beta and help.
  • rizlaz
    rizlaz Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    danubus37 wrote: »
    no one should reward you for helping them test. Its a priviledge to get into beta and help.

Exactly! I dont need a reward for helping with the beta test of the server. I am glad to just be a part of it.
    Plus I already found 2 bots =] i like getting those things removed.
    Thats my reward. Kicking out the morons who try to cheat. Muahahaha!
    [SIGPIC]http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/7927/rizlazsignaturefh0.png[/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Rizlaz
    Class: Cleric
    Level: N/A
    Server: Lost City (For OB)
    Guild :Guardians
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited August 2008
    Options
    at same time, i wont say "no" for a small reward, and besides,
    a small reward can only make players play a bit more(motive);)
  • kamina
    kamina Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Cutting the closed beta from a month to only a week is our reward.;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Kamina
    Class: Lv. 58 EA
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: UnLimited
  • balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    kamina wrote: »

Agreed!

• seanie
    seanie Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    kamina wrote: »

Yea agreed if it was a month id say yea reward, but your reward is being able to play closed so play and QQ till September 2 and then play again.
  • serrat
    serrat Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    That 'cutting' just shows how pointless this beta is.. what can be possiblily fixed in one week in modern game developement? Nothing. What if i find a gamebreaker bug in the 6th day? Or what if one quest or another is totally borked at a higher lvl and messes up the game?

I dont understand this whole fuss to be honest.. they could start off with the open beta right from the start, if this "closed" beta is really this insignificant.
    Is there a rule in the license to run a mandatory CB with character wipe or something?
  • tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    serrat wrote: »
    That 'cutting' just shows how pointless this beta is.. what can be possiblily fixed in one week in modern game developement? Nothing. What if i find a gamebreaker bug in the 6th day? Or what if one quest or another is totally borked at a higher lvl and messes up the game?

I dont understand this whole fuss to be honest.. they could start off with the open beta right from the start, if this "closed" beta is really this insignificant.
    Is there a rule in the license to run a mandatory CB with character wipe or something?

Isn't this more like a server stress test than a true Closed Beta?
  • jrg
    jrg Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    serrat wrote: »

The short beta might be almost exclusively for fixing up grammars in the game (because the game client version is QUITE mature due to it existing in other servers for a long while now), as well as for some unexpected small glitches and bugs.

It gives me a headache to re-appreciate the game in a completely different vocabulary (e.g. werefox vs venomancer, werebear vs barbarian, different npc names, different quest/item/equipment/monster names. etcetc) after playing for a while in the MY server before though.
  • tiene
    tiene Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Nah, the real reason why the CB was changed to 1 week is because they have enough players for load test (stress test).

Every game must go through CB to make sure the server is capable to handle the load (high number of players online at same time). The original plan was 1 month because it might take longer for the game to get popular to get that "maximum" load.

Since the CB was so successful; there were so many players online during the first 3 days; and the developers have all the information they need; therefore, it is no longer necessary to make the CB that long.
  • serrat
    edited August 2008
    Options
    And then what makes a character wipe necessary if all went so smoothly, and no exploits have surfaced?
    And dont tell open beta players would be at a disadvantage because 1, 'closed' beta players = open beta players in this case (since it was so easy to get in like registering for the page and done), and 2, there could be a wipe at every week for this reason since late joiners would be always at disadvantage in the further life of the game anyways.

This was all just a marketing trick "Join the EXCLUSIVE FUN, Be a VIP!!!one11" kinda trick.

And why exactly does this game need 20 betas alone lol? To find out if the translation is "working"? Even if most ppl find the translations silly and unappropriate in many cases, it wont change now.. so its even more pointless.
  • tiene
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Umm... you do realize that the company said that things will be wiped after CB before the server goes live. This is nothing new that you just found out. Everyone who plays the CB knows that the character will be wiped; why do you whine about this?

The reason for the wipe after CB is very simple; sometimes there are problems with the stress test during CB; and at times, these problems make it not possible to keep the data for OB.

Therefore, to remove all potential public relation problems, it is a custom to clear all data during CB phase.
    Every CB testers know about this; it is not a surprise for them. If anyone is complaining about the data wipe, then please do not participate in any future close beta of any games.
  • serrat
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I was in a few REAL betas already and I know what are they all about: TESTING in order to spot and report possible technical or general problems THAT MAKE A DIFFERRENCE later on in a work-in-progress project. It was always obvious, that resetting CB data is necessary and natural, since everything was changing dinamically day by day and the retail players faced much different circumstances than beta testers did thus it would have been really unfair to let theese players compeete with each other later on. What i did realise just recently that this was NOT a real beta test, and i dont see any viable reason behind the wipe, besides that its a custom..
    I just dont like accepting things that dont make sense until someone proves that it does.
  • beans
    beans Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Once again people have shifted from answering whether or not players should receive rewards to what a CB is and why people should just feel happy they are part of a CB. It ALWAYS goes that way...

Long: You are helping the game designers with your time and putting yourself in a situation where you are testing a unfinished product and giving feed back on how to improve it.

Short: You want to be reimbursed for that since you are getting your butts wiped.

Conclusion: It's very probable that you will receive a SMALL compensation, whether or not it is a special "blue name" (/cough /cough Atlantica) or if you simply get a item confirming that you are C.B. tester. Usually it's nothing that unbalances the game too much and leaves both parties feeling satisfied, I hoped that answered your QUESTION and not simply lip service to "why it is a privileged position to be a cb tester".

-Yours,
    Dr. Bean
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Men are at war with each other because each man is at war with himself." ~Francis Meehan
  • part
    part Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    At least a few dolls wouldn't do bad. Or a few Zen :(
  • teajunkie
    teajunkie Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    part wrote: »
    At least a few dolls wouldn't do bad. Or a few Zen :(

You could argue that those extra few dolls or Zen still create a gap between the CB testers and those to begin to play in OB.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lost City PvP server
    Teru ~ 6x cleric
  • tiene
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The reward that is most fair for a CB tester who reaches level 30 or higher is to be able to reserve his/her character's name.
  • magoo
    magoo Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I think he wants a hug ... or a cookie.

Your reward is knowing youm helped make pwi a better place.
    :D
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • birdie
    birdie Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    That is what you get. Satisfaction. a job well done. I just sincerly hope that the dev's have listened to what is being posted and are taking it into account.
  • snaptrap
    snaptrap Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The closed beta for PW was pointless just like the Atlantica Online CB. The reward was getting a taste of how void the customer service is and how poorly the game was ported. Looks like a rush job to compete with other newly released MMO's. Good luck against Warhammer.

Didn't care much for the MY version and this version is no better, especially when the content seems to be more elusive than exclusive.
  • tenkei
    tenkei Posts: 63
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yeah, in large part this Close Beta seemed to be a marketing scheme. I mean they released numerous amounts of Closed Beta Keys to multiple sites and let those site just hand them out like candy. That is definately a marketing behaviour, the month to week I can agree is a result of the successful close beta launch that everything that would need QA seemed very successful.

I would imagine the QA checklist was something like:

1.) Download sites working and files downloaded are good
    2.) Update Client working and reaching right site
    3.) Launcher reaching Host Control for active Servers (Notice there's suppose to be 4 Server and only 2 being used)
    4.) Stress Test of Server
    5.) IP restrictions not causing an area to be cut-off that shouldn't be

Those are all configuration and system that you would need to test, so apparently they are confident that the game's coding is still fine. They just needed to test the other unknowns.
  • devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    snaptrap wrote: »
    The closed beta for PW was pointless just like the Atlantica Online CB. The reward was getting a taste of how void the customer service is and how poorly the game was ported. Looks like a rush job to compete with other newly released MMO's. Good luck against Warhammer.

Didn't care much for the MY version and this version is no better, especially when the content seems to be more elusive than exclusive.

Bad customer service because they are making CB a week? Leave these forums and get your head out of your ****, we don't need people like you in this community.
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • destruction
    destruction Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    All I want is...
    THE RIGHT TO MY CLOSED BETA NAME!
  • spacecricket46
    spacecricket46 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    How in the hell do i get to play this game...i downloaded it, made an account. Do i have to get a closed beta key or what?
  • roxy
    roxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    How in the hell do i get to play this game...i downloaded it, made an account. Do i have to get a closed beta key or what?

Yes, you need to get a closed beta key in order to participate in closed beta.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=5081
    6to4uv.jpg

To the world, you may be one person
    But to one person, you may be the world
  • aretsukusu
    aretsukusu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i have the answer for everyone who is getting mad at a 1 week CB!

STFU and wait for Open Beta!
  • kuruno
    kuruno Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    well i guess making cb 1 week is a good reward. I just was saying that becasue i have seen in other games wen the players have like a beta tester badge. But its ok...knowing what to do in the quest wen we start again heps a lot!! i almost know every location on the map lol.

ps: (and yea...i want cookies XD )
  • kitfox
    kitfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    kuruno wrote: »
    well i guess making cb 1 week is a good reward. I just was saying that becasue i have seen in other games wen the players have like a beta tester badge. But its ok...knowing what to do in the quest wen we start again heps a lot!! i almost know every location on the map lol.

ps: (and yea...i want cookies XD )
    How about a cookie recipe for 4-6 dozen cookies?