edited August 2008
    Odds are if anything it will be cb only fashion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3x WB Heaven's Tear
  • foxfyre
    foxfyre Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    serrat wrote: »
    That 'cutting' just shows how pointless this beta is.. what can be possiblily fixed in one week in modern game developement? Nothing. What if i find a gamebreaker bug in the 6th day? Or what if one quest or another is totally borked at a higher lvl and messes up the game?

I dont understand this whole fuss to be honest.. they could start off with the open beta right from the start, if this "closed" beta is really this insignificant.
    Is there a rule in the license to run a mandatory CB with character wipe or something?

OMG man.....CHILL. It's a FREE TO PLAY MMO, that IMO seems to be very decent. Your not PAYING anything to play it.

I swear.....why do people insist on getting pissed off over every little thing, just because they can?
  • sarcasm
    sarcasm Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    foxfyre wrote: »
    I swear.....why do people insist on getting pissed off over every little thing, just because they can?

Well, you answered it yourself.
  • tdreamer
    tdreamer Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    foxfyre wrote: »
    OMG man.....CHILL. It's a FREE TO PLAY MMO, that IMO seems to be very decent. Your not PAYING anything to play it.

He's not pissed, he's simply questioning the logic of the developers.

Contrary to the way it's been handled by MMOs for the past two years are so, betas are not supposed to be demos or free trials/peeks at upcoming games. The purpose of a beta, whether it be closed or open, is to find bugs, gather feedback, check stress levels on the hardware, and other forms of testing.

A week for closed beta, then an assumed week for open beta, only really gives the developers a small window for stress testing, and not much else.