Closed Beta is Now Live!

Options
13»

Comments

• vizio
    vizio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    It's pretty ridiculous that they opened just PvP server, I won't play it at all...
    Moreover the admin don't even explain why they ignore such a big part of the user!
    If this will be the behaviour I just won't play even when the game starts!
    They just don't mind us!
    I just can't believe it!
  • wimpknuckles
    wimpknuckles Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    For everyone who's gone emo because of only PvP.....

Lol@you. Seriously, characters will be wiped anyway. Nothing to lose.
    Also, You cannot kill each other till you're lvl30 or something, so you guys really have no right to complain.

''B-But this is such a big deal!!1!!!1'' <.< Well, if so, go play some other game that does suits you.

Also, they didn't lie about CB having the full game open to explore, since the PvP servers ARE the PvE servers but without the PvP-section....only difference is it can't be turned off.

But really, most (sane) players won't be PKing a lot this CB, since they're only interesting in getting the hang of this + testing the game for bugs and stuff.

Go cry in a corner if you're still upset, seriously....intahrwebz...lol -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.
    When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.
  • moon
    moon Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    LOL such 'friendly' community we have here with all the immaturity. People calling others by names just because they perferred a different type of gameplay (intahrwebz, carebears etc- created out of boredness) & people saying others are whining/crying when they are just voicing out their comments. I can't believe this forum allows such disrespectful comments to attack others to be posted continuously. Some just don't get the meaning of respecting each other :)

maybe the forum rules listed are invisible & cannot be seen- Some just can't resist being immature & give useless & off-topic comments
    A Note about Respect

We're here to have fun and to share information with each other. With so many different personalities gathered in one place, clashes are bound to happen now and then. But how one conducts oneself during these situations makes all the difference. Don't get us wrong, opinions are valued on the forums, yours and everybody else's. But please remember to respect each other and have discussions and not arguments. If you find yourself disagreeing with another member, think first and then calmly compose your words. Don't be insulting if you happen to disagree with someone, just understand that their views are different than yours. Just really treat each other how you would like to be treated.

Rules for Posting

1. No trolling, or flaming.
    Any form of personal insult will not be tolerated. General rule of thumb: if you think that what you are about to post is insulting, don't post it.

5. No inappropriate language.
    Inappropriate language includes, but is not limited to, the following language types:

- Offensive
    - Unlawful
    - Harmful
    - Threatening
    - Abusive
    - Harassing
    - Defamatory
    - Vulgar
    - Obscene
    - Hateful
    - Discriminatory (age, gender, ethnicity, etc.)
    - Objectionable Language

14. Keep posts on-topic.
    Keep the topic in mind when you post. Refrain from posting irrelevant information.
  • smeakit
    smeakit Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Deal with it. Your going to 1 of thousands in CB getting the faces pwnt. I will agree however that I was looking forward to a PvE server being up.
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    moon wrote: »
    LOL such 'friendly' community we have here with all the immaturity. People calling others by names just because they perferred a different type of gameplay (intahrwebz, carebears etc- created out of boredness) & people saying others are whining/crying when they are just voicing out their comments. I can't believe this forum allows such disrespectful comments to attack others to be posted continuously. People just don't get the meaning of respecting each other :)

what does it matter if somebody disrespects your or respects you on the internet? get over it.
  • moon
    moon Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    If you have read forum rules, every forum requires respect among each other. If you say this is not a forum, fine then.
  • batjack
    batjack Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Lol@you. Seriously, characters will be wiped anyway. Nothing to lose.

you bring up one serious issue. If they are going to do a charactor wipe, Why spend real money on mall items if your just going to lose it. I know this is beta and its for test purposes, but
    my money is to hard earned to be throwing it away with a charactor wipe. That is one reason there was not charactor wipe in the EN-MY version of PW. To many people would have been very upset with the developers for lose of gold/cubi that was purchased.

If they are going to allow everyone to keep stuff purchased and not do a charactor wipe.. then people have a valid complaint about there not being a PvE server right away.

I personally do not PvP. Only Jerks and Immature people random PK, and I just ignore them. Eventually they are just hunted down like the dogs they really are
  • atiori
    atiori Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    @batjack
    You can't waste real money in the Closed Beta since you can't buy ZEN (Item Mall currency).
    They will probably hand out Item Mall items, give people free ZEN or make the items free.
  • ramenbboi
    ramenbboi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    If they only opened pvp servers its there choice stop whining about it and just go on and play.
    They said they would open up pve servers after closed beta so just wait for it.
  • viralinsanity
    viralinsanity Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    theres 4 servers, 2 are up and there pvp theres not only 2 servers, lol. I do think its a bad idea only having PvP servers up, and I like pvp :P
  • helldog
    helldog Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i still cant log on lost city, it says: 'Incorrect username or password'

are the normal servers on, or only the closed beta?
    if so, then when are the normal servers up?
  • viralinsanity
    viralinsanity Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Only closed beta my friend, don't you have a beta key? theres probably some left at mmorpg.com
  • sur94
    sur94 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Mmmm i have some problems with the log. It keeps saying that my account info that i put in is incorrect and yes i have been accepted to the closed beta.
  • sur94
    sur94 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    If you are having trouble logging into the game, simply change your password on the site. ;)
    Thnx very much i try it
  • himichi
    himichi Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Someone upload the update file. ;O;
  • jeanp
    jeanp Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i want a key :(:(:(:(

i promise alot of the keys isnt beeing used anyway. ppl just grab a key and dont bother play the game for more than an hour
  • wimpknuckles
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Tbh, I wasn't that impressed by the game either, but that's just me since I hate playing MMORPG's when your characters get deleted anyway ^^

I'll be waiting till OB =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zelgadis
    zelgadis Posts: 3
    edited August 2008
    Options
    stego wrote: »
    I wish i got a beta key when they had them ...**** i really wonted to play this awesome game

There is like every single mmo site that haz them. I've just got one for my friend. Just google perfect world international closed beta key. Me and my 7 friends used a different site/source to get the key, so there are plenty for everyone.

Regarding pvp and pve, personally I think that a casual player that player and hour during a weekday and few hours on the weekend, would get his character ~lvl30 by the end of the month of cb. So I don't think pvp will affect many people since you cant be pk'd b4 lvl 30. Also you can play in groups once you reach lvl 30. Since pvp is going to be only for 30 days, I dont think it would be so bad.

Most likely that data analysis and the programming needed pvp option to gather data on pvp, since they thought its critical , they have decided to keep pvp only servers since pve is a watered down pvp server.

My other question, would you put the same amount of effort in character development or you think everyone else would for cb and in ob. I think not, there will be those crazy players, but the most will just enjoy the game during the cb, and when ob comes out , that is when more people will start playing more seriously.
  • wimpknuckles
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well, half of all the people I saw were called something like ''legolasfr'', ''angel3'' or ''bloodelf''. Also, some of them (about 15%) had dark skin with blue lips etc.

You get the picture ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • veem
    veem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    kk what about chars they will be delete after CB and we need to start again or woot??
  • aretsukusu
    aretsukusu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I can care less for the wipe, but i just want to confirm if this Closed Beta will last either a week or a month.
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    aretsukusu wrote: »
    I can care less for the wipe, but i just want to confirm if this Closed Beta will last either a week or a month.

Closed Beta will be shut down next Wednesday, August 27.

Please refer to this thread for all the details:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=19841
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
This discussion has been closed.