Closed Beta is Now Live!

xarfox
xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
Greetings All,

Thanks to a lot of hard work here at the Perfect World Entertainment office, we were able to open the servers early.

We are launching with just two servers initially, both are PvP. We will be launching our PvE servers after this phase of testing.

So log in, go play, enjoy!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by xarfox on

Comments

• mysticfate
    mysticfate Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    When are the PVE servers supposed to be up?
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Ladies & Gents:

Due to popular demand, we are pleased to announce that the Closed Beta is now up, running and live.

Yes, you've heard correctly. We've decided to launch slightly earlier then our originally scheduled release so have at it! Be sure to tell your friends, family and pet hamsters the good news and begin your adventures right now.

Go git some! and remember - no running with scissors!
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • ranthe
    ranthe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    that's what i want to know. I have no intention of playing on a PvP server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xarfox
    edited August 2008
    mysticfate wrote: »
    When are the PVE servers supposed to be up?

We will be launching PvE servers at the end of closed beta.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • esc0rz
    esc0rz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Go Play Now.

Go Go Go Go Go
  • hkid
    hkid Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    man i wish i was da same timezone as u guyz now i gotta w8
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ChaosBlood
    IGN : Warwolf
    Class : WB
    Level : ?
  • etur
    etur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    not all server r up just the pvp ones
  • ranthe
    edited August 2008
    Sorry Xarfox, that's a bit of bunk there. You said that the fully game would be available upon the CB opening. That includes both kinds of servers. It would have been better for you to open one PvE and one PvP than just the two PvP servers.

Fix it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xarfox
    edited August 2008
    hkid wrote: »
    man i wish i was da same timezone as u guyz now i gotta w8

The servers are open regardless of what timezone you are in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • etur
    etur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ranthe wrote: »
    Sorry Xarfox, that's a bit of bunk there. You said that the fully game would be available upon the CB opening. That includes both kinds of servers. It would have been better for you to open one PvE and one PvP than just the two PvP servers.

Fix it!

yah i dont play on pvp servers i only play on pve servers i had bad experience on a pvp server so i dont play on them any more oh well ill just play on the pvp server until the pve servers r up
  • hkid
    edited August 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    The servers are open regardless of what timezone you are in.

wow now i feel dumb lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ChaosBlood
  • ranthe
    edited August 2008
    Well, here's a bug for you already. I can't log in using my information i use to log into the site, says my username or password is invalid.

Soo there's something to be fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaleidoscope
    kaleidoscope Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Manual patch please? >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CB/ Ruin - Cleric
    OB/ Agony - Cleric
  • zoefox
    zoefox Posts: 225
    edited August 2008
    So where do we report problems we find?
  • ranthe
    edited August 2008
    no idea, im trying to figure out why the dang thing says i am using an invalid username or password, considering i use the EXACT same one to log in to the forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xarfox
    edited August 2008
    Well, here's a bug for you already. I can't log in using my information i use to log into the site, says my username or password is invalid.

Soo there's something to be fixed.

If you are having trouble logging into the game, simply change your password on the site. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stryle
    stryle Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008

Fix it!

Can't we just be excited that we all got into the closed beta and we can all just have fun playing now?

My download is at 5% and I'm super pumped.

My only fear is that this turns out like Silkroad where I don't understand anything the NPCs are saying because it's garbled English. :(
  • hkid
    edited August 2008
    no idea, im trying to figure out why the dang thing says i am using an invalid username or password, considering i use the EXACT same one to log in to the forums.

i guess dats the #1 bug cuz im having it too and i think alot of ppl are also having it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ChaosBlood
  • moon
    moon Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    stryle wrote: »
    Can't we just be excited that we all got into the closed beta and we can all just have fun playing now?

There are different type of players- those who pefer pvp & those who don't. I am one of those players who don't pefer pvp. Guess perfect world will need to issue more close beta keys since alot of keys will be wasted because many players who pefer non-pvp got the close beta keys- like me and my friends.

By the way, I'm totally amazed that perfect world don't need the feedbacks of players who pefer to play at non-pvp servers.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    Greetings All,

Thanks to a lot of hard work here at the Perfect World Entertainment office, we were able to open the servers early.

We are launching with just two servers initially, both are PvP. We will be launching our PvE servers after this phase of testing.

So log in, go play, enjoy!

What can I say? **** you?

What about "we care about all our players?

So, you don't give a damn **** about all of us who don't want to be forced into PvP.

You are no better than Cubinet after all
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • nith
    nith Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i have to agree with karmelia on this. i was looking forward to not having to worry about some jack*** hardcore player pking me everychance they get.

not to mention the possibility of there being bugs with the "on/off switch" for pvp in pve
  • bron
    bron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Will the CB client patch to OB or will a new client have to be downloaded? I didn't get into CB, so I was wondering if there was any point in downloading the CB cleint. For MY EN, the CB client patched to the OB client, will this one?

First post lol.
    Proud Pre-Launch CO and Pre-Launch STO Lifetime Subscriber.
  • manorchid
    manorchid Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    the non-PvE server up thing is incredibly disappointing. what do you think to gain by opening two PvP servers and no PvE? You're limiting your information inflow greatly by eliminating one of your variables. the only reason i even thought of switching is for the PvE server. Way to waste my time.
  • prune
    prune Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Just a heads up...even tought it states we can log in and play early its not happening for everyone. Im logging in the game using the same login info as i am here for the forums and no luck. If anyone can help the folks that cant log in it would be a great help. looking forward to playing what looks to be an awsome game.
  • nith
    nith Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Xarfox, i know your likely busy trying to silence the mobs right now, but can i make a suggestion?

make a thread that explains your reasons for not having PvE in CB.cause the thing that has most people PO is that you claimed you wanted the most thorough feedback possible but then only essentially have half the game online for testing. In my mind as an avid mmorpg player, that just leaves LARGE possibilities of more delays later because the game wasn't properly tested originally.

Just my 2 cents.
  • rzx
    rzx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I can't patch the game, just sits at buff_str.txt and does nothing.
  • tacos
    tacos Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    yay!
    If anyone see me playing online idk.:p
    lol I was getting tried of wateing xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aodh
    aodh Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    what the hell are you guys whining about? there isn't much difference between PvP an PvE in content of the game except that you can PvP pretty much everywhere. and why are you guys worried about some hardcore player owning you? the game JUST STARTED, so that hardcore player isn't gonna level high enough for atleast a week before he can take on guard npc by himself (assuming there are guard npcs, if not, there should be)
  • trippin
    trippin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    wow this really sucks....i was looking forward to this game for days and days and know i find out its PVP only....and not to mention BOTH servers are PVP wtf? I dont want to play a game and get ganked left and right because people are **** holes!

Poor judgement on the server start up....very poor
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Don't do what you can't undo, until you've considered what you can't do once you've done it.

Shadar
    Slayer
    Level 90
    Atlantis
  • miles
    miles Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    this is **** i didnt want to be on a pvp server you should atleast put up 1 pve server
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.