Losing Cool points before you even get it started

Options
apocolypse
apocolypse Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
I think one of the main points of PW coming to the states was the timing and lag issues. We could never compete in special events, unless we wanted to stay up until crazy hours, and TW was nearly impossible because it started so early for us. Then you all go, being the earliest time on the continent, and open up at the stupidest time possible!! Midnight?! Ya know, not all of us are single highschool kids on summer break, or lonely computer geeks that sit in front of their computers all night. Me personally, I am an avid MMO player and absolutely enjoy PW, but I am also a husband and a father of a one year old. I have been waiting for this game to come to America for over a year, and now that it's here, and you all had to go open server at some ridiculous hour, I don't know what to think. Midnight?! Thanks for nothing guys.
BrimStone - lvl72 WB - Oracle

Apocolypse - lvl1 WB - ?????????
Post edited by apocolypse on

Comments

• pogo
    pogo Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    oh **** im gonna have to play 17 hours later than everyone else, totally ruined my gameplay
  • desirai
    desirai Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    well.. I have class in the morning so I can't be here either.
  • troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    apocolypse wrote: »
    ...I am an avid MMO player and absolutely enjoy PW, but I am also a husband and a father of a one year old. I have been waiting for this game to come to America for over a year, and now that it's here, and you all had to go open server at some ridiculous hour, I don't know what to think. Midnight?! Thanks for nothing guys.

shame you might have to choose family over game (and i hope you do).

some of us will need to choose job over game too, that's just the way of the world.
  • ina1166
    ina1166 Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yeah, not like you won't be able to play tommorow....No possible way.
    88 FIRE! An "anti-tank" projectile, accompanied by an AC-130 are on their way to ensure insanity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaeriin
    kaeriin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    pogo wrote: »
    oh **** im gonna have to play 17 hours later than everyone else, totally ruined my gameplay

Seriously...

Who cares? Its a closed beta anyway

So just because you cant play it at midnight, you expect them to delay it for the rest of the world? BRING IT ON THE EARLIEST! Thats what people want
  • apocolypse
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I will always choose my family over the game, and tomorrow game play is a moot point. Being a vet of the PW-MY I was looking QUITE forward to having this come up at a decent hour, and getting some new fun PW time in. But even people on the west coast are going to be sucking at midnight tonite, how much easier and beneficial to the average gamer would it have been to open up at say 6 or 7 this evening? I mean, come on, even a dead game like Rohan got a good kick off at 9 pm Central, 10 PM their time, and this game TOTALLY blows Rohan away, yet you somehow manage to **** up even the basic convenient time frame for probably 80% of the people that will be playing.

• troll
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ...you somehow manage to **** up even the basic convenient time frame for probably 80% of the people that will be playing.

i'm not so sure.

there seems to be more people from all over the world here than there are people from california area.
  • pogo
    pogo Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    kaeriin wrote: »
    Seriously...

Who cares? Its a closed beta anyway

So just because you cant play it at midnight, you expect them to delay it for the rest of the world? BRING IT ON THE EARLIEST! Thats what people want

i was being sarcastic
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    how much easier and beneficial to the average gamer would it have been to open up at say 6 or 7 this evening? .

Guess what?

It's always 6 or 7 PM somewhere on the planet. SO for some, the game will open in the morning, the evening, the night...

They probably choose that hour so :

1 - less people will hammer the server upon opening (most of east and west coast will be asleep)

2 - Will make it easier to restart thing / fix stuff in case something bad happens with the login and play servers. That way, they can shut down/reopen the server without annoying the majority of the players
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • ganja
    ganja Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I think one of the main points of PW coming to the states was the timing and lag issues. We could never compete in special events, unless we wanted to stay up until crazy hours, and TW was nearly impossible because it started so early for us. Then you all go, being the earliest time on the continent, and open up at the stupidest time possible!! Midnight?! Ya know, not all of us are single highschool kids on summer break, or lonely computer geeks that sit in front of their computers all night. Me personally, I am an avid MMO player and absolutely enjoy PW, but I am also a husband and a father of a one year old. I have been waiting for this game to come to America for over a year, and now that it's here, and you all had to go open server at some ridiculous hour, I don't know what to think. Midnight?! Thanks for nothing guys.

You just gotta be mature enough to wait 1 day, yeah you work & got a family, but can't you wait a few more hours?

Its a test, wheres the fire to rush in the game?
    jesus...
    you should be mature enough to suck it up, most people that are making this 'WHY SO LATE' posts are a bunch of kids, weird you are an adult doing this.

Just wait a few extra hours, you waited 1 year, and you can't wait 10 hours AFTER the CB starts?
  • kaeriin
    edited August 2008
    Options
    pogo wrote: »
    i was being sarcastic

I know :rolleyes: thats what I made that reply
  • theashbringer322
    theashbringer322 Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Don't answer this:

apocolypse, why are you trying to come in the forum, post a useless flaming topic about how the closed beta starts at 12:00, and then arguing with other people over nothing? we all know this will be closed from a moderator. get reality straight. it's closed beta. part of it is to test, not just playing. they're probably going to restart the accounts after a month or so and go into open beta. you have a lot of things to worry about other than a game made out of tiny pixels and posting in a forum. so why dont you just shut your mouth and get the HELL out of this place you ungrateful, insignificant, little COMPLAINER
  • xylent
    xylent Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    There is a whole month to play this game then all of OB and when it is actually released you can play anytime you want.
  • kier
    kier Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    You know... complaining about this is sort of like complaining about midnight showings of movies. OMG!!!! IMIGHTNOTBETHEFIRSTPERSONTOPLAYWHATEVERSHALLIDOTHISGAMESUCKS!?!?!?!?

For crying out loud, it's a game, who cares if you're the first person ever to log in? You'd really only care if you were one of those "lonely computer geeks that sit in front of their computers all night" (as you call them) who dresses up as Darth Vader and waits in line for a week.
  • apocolypse
    edited August 2008
    Options
    LMAO, insignificant complainer........The reason this game exists is because of opinions of hacking, botting, and unfair game play on the PW-MY server. They wanted to bring a better experience to the people that want a fair and just gaming environment, and being on the west coast why wouldn't you want to bring the best of what you have to the majority of the people that will be playing CB and OB. All I'm trying to convey is that they could've opened it at a more appreciated time to the people that have been aching to play this game from the get go. You think the people on PW-MY are getting excited to play this game 15-20 hours after the doors open. That's like saying that it's no problem going Christmas shopping at 7 pm on Dec 23rd, or going to a hockey game 2 mins before the puck drops, it's the experience of being comfortable and knowing that you were able to be there when things kick off, not getting there and wondering if someone already ganked your seat, or running head to head with some other guy going to get the last PS3 system for your kid. I would almost bet money that everyone that has said something negative against me is in a comfortable timezone, a place where the CB will be running nice and early, or at least a decent time of mid afternoon. Anyways, all you people that don't like what I gotta say, I'll meet you at level 30 on Lost City..bring your hieros.

• danubus37
    danubus37 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Why so serious?:D
  • troll
    edited August 2008
    Options
    wall of text.

international server, timezones...all different.

hope this helps.
  • rev
    rev Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Dude, apocolypse, calm down, seriously. I've never seen someone whine so much about a game. It's opening at midnight and that's a good thing, people all over the world are joining this version, and if it opened at any other time, guess what? SERVER BOG DOWN DUE TO TOO MANY LOGINS AT ONCE. At least with a midnight opening we don't have to worry about that scenerio. Face it, this version is based here, but it's for the people who DON'T have their own server, not only just us. So calm down, and when you can play, play, it's a GAME, not a life.
    "Either you die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Harvey Dent - The Dark Knight

Phase 1 Dungeon Design Contest Winner!
    Entry: Hall of Forsaken Souls, Twas fun to design.
  • kaeriin
    edited August 2008
    Options
    danubus37 wrote: »

Hmm should we do the pencil trick on some of these people? :O :p
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    missing the CB start is insignificant... the chars get wiped after CB anyway so....
    danubus37 wrote: »
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tofu
    tofu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    um... its not a big deal much to start a few hours later than the grand opening... >.>
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options

OOOOOOOH IM SO SORRY MAN, YOU WONT BE THE FIRST PERSON ON THE SERVER? GOSH DARN IT GO WRITE ABOUT IT IN YOUR DIARY, THERE'S NO POSSIBLE WAY THEY SET IT UP LIKE THIS SO THAT 12K PEOPLE WOULD BE TRYING TO CONNECT AT THE SAME TIME MAN. NO. JUST NO. ITS BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO DISAPPOINT YOU. GOOD ****ING THING THIS IS A DAILY ****ING EVENT. YEAH THE OPENING OF THE CLOSED BETA SERVER, MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT THAT SUCH A COMMON EVENT WILL BE BASED AT 12 ****ING AM.

stfu thnx<3
  • ranthe
    ranthe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hey apocalypse, you're just being a real whiner. I have a 3 year old daughter, a wife, and a job, and i'll be here at the start of the CB. IT really isn't that big of a deal for me to log in at midnight, i still get plenty of sleep even if i play for 3 hours. The only person you're really impressing with your whining is yourself.

So what if you can't be there minute 1 of CB? it doesn't really matter. The only reason i'm going to be is to try to snag a couple popular names.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • apocolypse
    edited August 2008
    Options
    All you sugar-coating tree hugging hippies go get a friggin life you pot smoking, cash register jocking, college rejects. There are prcnciples involved. It's like putting a sucker in front of your kid just out of reach. There are a group of people I know that have been feening to be at the ribbon cutting of this game, and because some insignificant whelp decides to be PC at the wrong time alot of loyal PW players are getting kicked in the nutz. It's not that I'm trying to be all hard up and serious, I'm just showing the distain that I know alot of people are feeling but haven't caught up with the time check thing to realize what's going on. Again, alot of you people that can say "relax, it's just a game" so easily, I'll bet the beta opens at a nice early time for you.

• vigor
    vigor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    This is rather selfish of you to be honest. Not everyone lives in the US. They can't please everyone. You have a family yet here you show how immature you are.
    Who gives a damn, it's just a game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lost City
  • rev
    edited August 2008
    Options
    apocolypse, the insulting is so not needed, in a way I hope you get banned if this is how you're going to act over something so little.
    "Either you die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Harvey Dent - The Dark Knight

• troll
    edited August 2008
    Options
    pointless talking to this one.

i can tell by the way he posts he isn't too bright and/or open-minded enough to actually listen to what people are saying here.
  • apocolypse
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ranthe wrote: »
    Hey apocalypse, you're just being a real whiner. I have a 3 year old daughter, a wife, and a job, and i'll be here at the start of the CB. IT really isn't that big of a deal for me to log in at midnight, i still get plenty of sleep even if i play for 3 hours. The only person you're really impressing with your whining is yourself.

So what if you can't be there minute 1 of CB? it doesn't really matter. The only reason i'm going to be is to try to snag a couple popular names.

Sorry Ranthe, like I said, I put my family before the game, unlike yourself who sees it fit to be logged in at midnight. Your daughter is 3 my son is 1, there's a whole lot more I'm doing than you are. Whining? No.....validating an opinion held by more people than just myself. I just have the cajones to come out and say what's on my mind, you game geek simpleton.

• kairon
    kairon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Apocolypse/Brimstone

ONE WORD FOR YOU
    BAD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rev
    edited August 2008
    Options
    There are others that are upset by a midnight launch? funny, I seem to only see you complaining about it.

This discussion has been closed.