FB??

Options
sealed
sealed Posts: 781
edited September 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
Why do people call dungeons FB, and what does it stand for, and how do they decide what number is what dungeons, like FB19, what does the 19 mean??

I just dont understand how players abbreviate words for dungeons:(

sealed~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hong
    hong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Don't use it.

FB = Dungeon, basically is a Chinese abbreviation.
    Number = Level of dungeon, 19 = level 19 dungeon.
    RoC.
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ok thanks,

funny that we use chinese abbreviation for dungeons

sealed~
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    It stands for Fu Ben, which is roughly Iron Book or Iron tablet in Chinese. People from the CN servers just carried it over to MY, and most people picked up on it and started using it without even knowing what it stood for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • c453m4573r
    c453m4573r Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Someone told me it meant Final Boss.
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    c453m4573r wrote: »
    Someone told me it meant Final Boss.

lot of people called it "first battle", I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    it stands for firstbattle. Every 10 levels after 19 you get another quest to go into a FB. So 19FB 29FB 39FB 49FB ect ect. Also not all the dungeons are FBs xD
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The new proposed abbreviation is "ID" for Instance Dungeon.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • pixiewink
    pixiewink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    umm..... no thanks we're gonna have enough new names to figure out as it is ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Options
    It's easy to memorize, makes sense, and abondons a Chinese abbreviation. It's one of the better "new names", because it goes from Chinese>English rather than Chinglish>English.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • linctus
    linctus Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Senovit is correct - It stands for 'Fu Ben'.

Knowing this is immaterial though - Essentially they are Party Dungeon Quests (to kill high level boss/bosses) you will get every level 19 / 29 / 39 / 49 etc
  • unas
    unas Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    embl3m wrote: »
    it stands for firstbattle. Every 10 levels after 19 you get another quest to go into a FB. So 19FB 29FB 39FB 49FB ect ect. Also not all the dungeons are FBs xD

everyone on the pw my server where i have played they called it first battle...
  • faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Fu Ben, chinese for dungeons, it didn't change in pw-my i doubt it would change here.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
  • Alski
    Alski Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well, considering it's coming from a Chinese game it makes sense. Either way, once things get rolling I'm sure an abbreviation will stick.
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yeah, FB meant Fu ben in my-en-servers.

But here, it will be just a lot easier to stick to a new abbreviation. Why not just call them dungeons, D19,D29 and so on.

Because thats just what they are and there arent other dungeons in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well, there really are other dungeons, but I see your point.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • thom
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ark wrote: »
    Well, there really are other dungeons, but I see your point.

Yea, there is holy hall,forest ruins and such but they arent same as these and they are allready named different, so they will automaticly have their own abbreviations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • saindrake
    saindrake Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    the short-term FB probably moved so easily from chinese cause the quest for the first FB19 IS actually named first battle. Had no idea bout the chinese name, always thought it was because of that first "First Battle" :)
    by order of the inquisition you are NOT allowed to die in my vicinity, ill make sure to that
  • holz
    holz Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i've heard of all 3 names but am pretty sure its fu ben
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trilient
    trilient Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I was always under the impression FB = Fierce Beast, and 19 was level you needed to get the quest, and complete it (with a party of course) I like that meaning anyways, because you have to kill the boss to complete the quest, and the bosses can be pretty fierce lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    EmberGlades Vice Guild Master
    emberglades.forumotion.net
    Server: Lost City
  • kayka
    kayka Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    In fact the dungeons had their own Names, like Scorpion Cave, Cave of Fire, Wolf Den, Green Shirt Tomb etc. it was just a lot easier to use FBxx as a short Form. Most of the ppl didnt even knew wth ur talking about if u were asking them to go to Green Shirt Tomb. :D
  • nator
    nator Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    What im wondering is how are we gonna do our FB's if all are gonna be low lvs it's gonna be nearly impossible to kill the boss, even at MY version 5 lv60 players that helped me took them 6 minutes the Boss.
    War of Immortals
    Olympus West Server

ID 7030141G010001089000801S13fb1f
  • remains
    remains Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I play rappelz atm and here the dungeons are the begging letters of the dungeons, so one dungeon in in Crystal Valley and is CV, Lost Mines Lm etc, idk if the dungeons are located in named places like rappelz, but if they are would be easy :D
  • thom
    edited August 2008
    Options
    nator wrote: »
    What im wondering is how are we gonna do our FB's if all are gonna be low lvs it's gonna be nearly impossible to kill the boss, even at MY version 5 lv60 players that helped me took them 6 minutes the Boss.

Easy, by knowing how to play your class and with some teamwork. Also knowing what skills and attacks the boss uses helps. Easy to find out by going and trying to kill it.

True your entire party could wipe few times while trying to figure out a way to kill some boss, but thats how its supposed to be. Not just watching when some high levels wipe the floor with the boss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • sigoh
    sigoh Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    thom wrote: »
    Easy, by knowing how to play your class and with some teamwork. Also knowing what skills and attacks the boss uses helps. Easy to find out by going and trying to kill it.

True your entire party could wipe few times while trying to figure out a way to kill some boss, but thats how its supposed to be. Not just watching when some high levels wipe the floor with the boss.

*claps* I agree 100%. the game would be boring if everyone could just walk up to the boss with level 100 players and kill it fast. thats not even playing the game, seeing as though you did very little to help.

with everyone at low levels the boss is going to be, well, a boss. they are suppose to be hard and leave you thinking "how the hell are we going to kill this guy." its going to cause you to think, to strategize, and to rely on each other.

And then when you finally beat him, your just not going to get an item and a completed quest. Your going to get the satisfication in knowing that "we did it guys, we fought him as one and we brought him down as one." very good feeling. You might make some close friends as well ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chaotic Oblivion~Fated Twilight~Eternal Sorrow~Corrupted Fidelity
  • thom
    edited August 2008
    Options
    sigoh wrote: »
    *claps* I agree 100%. the game would be boring if everyone could just walk up to the boss with level 100 players and kill it fast. thats not even playing the game, seeing as though you did very little to help.

with everyone at low levels the boss is going to be, well, a boss. they are suppose to be hard and leave you thinking "how the hell are we going to kill this guy." its going to cause you to think, to strategize, and to rely on each other.

And then when you finally beat him, your just not going to get an item and a completed quest. Your going to get the satisfication in knowing that "we did it guys, we fought him as one and we brought him down as one." very good feeling. You might make some close friends as well ^^

well put,very well put. Couldnt have said it any better.

Yeah, the satisfaction of killing something is getting really rare in games, but its the best feeling of achievement you can get and most fun too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    You dont really need to do the damn fbs at your level.
    Just skip them till you're level high enough to completely destroy the bosses in 5 shots.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
  • taelrak
    taelrak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    faruxue wrote: »
    You dont really need to do the damn fbs at your level.
    Just skip them till you're level high enough to completely destroy the bosses in 5 shots.

Some of your later cultivations make you do stuff in fbs (59, 89, etc.). Not a huge issue though since people don't go in with characters 50+ levels higher for those runs anyway.

It's really the cultivations bosses that are annoying when you don't have higher levels--it sucks putting off new skills, and some of those bosses are fairly hard.
  • lenfless
    lenfless Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I think many call it First Battle because the quest you get on the FB19 on the MY server is called First Battle.

You also get the Iron Tablet as mentioned above, so who really knows why at this point?

I have asked on the my server and get one of these three answers most of the time:

Fu Ben ( or some such )
    Final Boss
    First Battle

The same three stated here already.

As for the ID thing, what the heck, like it really matters.
  • kaeriin
    kaeriin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yep I cant wait to do an FB at the proper lvl... I already picture 6 werefoxes kicking the **** out of FB19 spam healing the same 2 golems LOL
  • espionis
    espionis Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Haha, very funny guys. We all know that the ONLY way to do low lvl FBs is to ask a ridiculously high leveled char. ;)