FB??

2»

Comments

• nator
    nator Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    taelrak wrote: »
    Some of your later cultivations make you do stuff in fbs (59, 89, etc.). Not a huge issue though since people don't go in with characters 50+ levels higher for those runs anyway.

It's really the cultivations bosses that are annoying when you don't have higher levels--it sucks putting off new skills, and some of those bosses are fairly hard.

I though it was something really necessary since I always did it at lv20, so I can save the blood iron tablet until im able to do the dungeon.
    War of Immortals
    Olympus West Server

ID 7030141G010001089000801S13fb1f
  • nator
    nator Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    espionis wrote: »
    Haha, very funny guys. We all know that the ONLY way to do low lvl FBs is to ask a ridiculously high leveled char. ;)
    that's what everyone did on the MY version
    War of Immortals
    Olympus West Server

ID 7030141G010001089000801S13fb1f
  • luweiguo
    luweiguo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    qweqweqq e124234234234242424234
  • neevah
    neevah Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    19 = minimum level required
    But you need a Tanker and a Sacer level 50+
  • kenshin913
    kenshin913 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    neevah wrote: »
    19 = minimum level required
    But you need a Tanker and a Sacer level 50+

By level 50+ you should be able to solo FB19

I've already seen people with the blue weapons, which leads me to believe that there still are some people in this game who know how to work as a team and now just rely on a high lvl EP to keep them alive. Now...how to find some of these people to help do my FB
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CB IGN: Syphilis
  • ara
    ara Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    if i remember correctly, a lvl 33 and above Venomancer can pretty much solo every fb19. Otherwise a full lvl20 and above party or a lvl 30+ tank and 2 healers.

People are just lazy if they need to ask a high-lvl to do the whole dungeon for them :D
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Ive ran at least 15 19fbs by now.. its not as hard as everybody makes it out to be lol.
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Just did Elf and Untamed Call of Duty's. Easy as pie. Sure we died few times but that was just a mistake i could have avoided since i was tanking. We had a full party of 20+ people, highest 23.

These dungeons really arent hard, just need teamwork and knowing how to play your own class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • ara
    edited August 2008
    knowing your class is:

you need a venomancer to lure each mob
    you need a tank that can take some hits (spam some skill maybe, thats it, otherwise just attack)
    you need some priest/s to spam heal

rest damage

Not much you need to know about your class there (ok, maybe the luring, still...)

you just need a few sane people, that
  • thom
    edited August 2008
    ara wrote: »
    knowing your class is:

you need a venomancer to lure each mob
    you need a tank that can take some hits (spam some skill maybe, thats it, otherwise just attack)
    you need some priest/s to spam heal

rest damage

Not much you need to know about your class there (ok, maybe the luring, still...)

you just need a few sane people, that

Well luring is easier to do with the tank than with Venomancer. Exception are guards next to bosses who can be lured easily with any ranged attack. Easier with tank because then the tank can control the mobs better.

You need a tank that knows how to take aggro and how to keep it, otherwise you have dead priests.
    Priest is right. :)
    True, most others only need to hit dmg but it sure helps if venomancers know how to skill their pets and ,say, warriors have actually raised their skills and spam them. Just examples.

Or that there is a player in group who just runs deeper before everyone is ready or is just otherwise impatient,usually ending up aggroing mobs and dying, players luring when they arent supposed to and such. It can easily turn out to be a disaster too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • ara
    edited August 2008
    a tank can`t lure in the same sense a Venomancer can (e.g. aggro 1 mob out of a group while leaving ALL other mobs standin where they are)
  • thom
    edited August 2008
    a tank can`t lure in the same sense a Venomancer can (e.g. aggro 1 mob out of a group while leaving ALL other mobs standin where they are)

Depends how close they are each other. At the first dungeons a tank can do just as well as a veno.
    I can lure 1-2 at a time easy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • ara
    edited August 2008
    the problem is with the 1-2, a venomancer can under any circumstances lure no more than exactly one mob, and the one it wants

some mobs in the FB dungeons (even 19) aggro in groups (e.g. the two wolves right at the start of untamed fb and a lot more).

A tank can only get them both, a veno can get one.

And no, it does not depend on how close they are, it is simply coded that way.
  • thom
    edited August 2008
    the problem is with the 1-2, a venomancer can under any circumstances lure no more than exactly one mob, and the one it wants

some mobs in the FB dungeons (even 19) aggro in groups (e.g. the two wolves right at the start of untamed fb and a lot more).

A tank can only get them both, a veno can get one.

And no, it does not depend on how close they are, it is simply coded that way.

Yeah, on those one's tank can only get those two. Thats why i said i can lure 1-2 at a time.
    2 mobs isnt a problem usually and as a tank i allready have high aggro on the first mob and usually i got the aggro of the second mob as well before anyone else hits them, making my job as a tank bit easier.

And yes, the range matters, on that same dungeon, there's few spots with 3 mobs lined up. You can lure just 2 from them, if done right.

If mobs are too close each other,then you of course lure them all, but if far enough and done right, you get only few.

though i only got to lvl50 in MY-EN, never had any need for a venomancer to lure,ever.
    True, Venomancers can lure just one, just didnt have any need for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • ara
    edited August 2008
    bosses in higher fbs WILL need a venomancer luring, e.g. fb49 last boss, fb69 bosses (the first one has like 4 minions around, not a nice thing for a tank to aggro them)....

HH will need a venomancer luring and so on.

A good tank may be able to tank 2 dungeon mobs, but later on it will be 3-4 ones coming at once, also they will hit damn hard, even with magic, **** the heavy armor tank.

Yes, later on you will need a Venomancer :D
  • thom
    edited August 2008
    bosses in higher fbs WILL need a venomancer luring, e.g. fb49 last boss, fb69 bosses (the first one has like 4 minions around, not a nice thing for a tank to aggro them)....

HH will need a venomancer luring and so on.

A good tank may be able to tank 2 dungeon mobs, but later on it will be 3-4 ones coming at once, also they will hit damn hard, even with magic, **** the heavy armor tank.

Yes, later on you will need a Venomancer :D

I'm not even doubting that. Yeah, 4 mobs at a time will hurt unless there's two players healing the tank and might not be enough even then.

I was talking about the first one's where in my opinion its better to use tank than veno.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • wargasm
    wargasm Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    FB stands for FuBen
    :DBFME2 on PW (Oracle lv 89WB+lv 71EP):D
    wargasm1 on FFR rank top 200/1.5 million players
    :):p:)TO JOIN PVE GUILD PM ME:):p:)
    ===============================
    Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie? Or are you gonna bite?
  • rzx
    rzx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm new to PW. I did FB19 last night for my first time. I've got a question. What's this?

http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?image=whatsthisxg8.jpg

I completed the quest for the weapon but I still have this in my inventory. What's it for?
  • haiz
    haiz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    You're supposed to be party leader when you're doing the FB and you can use that "Call to Duty" item and talk to the big stone pillar at the beginning of the FB or where the boss is there's another pillar. At the pillar if you're leader and have the item on you, you can talk to it and it'll give you and the party a quest. The quest will be to kill that boss and you all get exp and everyone else will also get a little item.
  • rzx
    rzx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    haiz wrote: »
    You're supposed to be party leader when you're doing the FB and you can use that "Call to Duty" item and talk to the big stone pillar at the beginning of the FB or where the boss is there's another pillar. At the pillar if you're leader and have the item on you, you can talk to it and it'll give you and the party a quest. The quest will be to kill that boss and you all get exp and everyone else will also get a little item.

Thanks for explaining that to me, I thought that's what it was but I wasn't sure exactly what it did and what it's reward was.
  • windie
    windie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    It stands for FaceBook, lawl!
    Server: Lost City
    IGN: undisclosed
    Level: undisclosed
    Class: Cleric
    Clan: RageQuit
  • ahgreg86
    ahgreg86 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    um... perhaps someone can explain where to find a FB? am relatively new to the game so haven't explored that much ^^ what is the recommended level for first timers??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    // Dannlyn, Wizard of Lost City Server //

"The witch's journey is a walk of wisdom collected over the years.
    Wisdom gives us power. Power frightens the fearful and the ignorant."