• omega
    omega Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Haha, same here.
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    I personally like to play betas so I can figure out what I'm going to do when servers go live. ;)
    it's fun to play and playing a CB is a privilege... treasure it, soon it will be an honor
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • depliant
    depliant Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    severan wrote: »
    it's fun to play and playing a CB is a privilege... treasure it, soon it will be an honor

Exactly ;) CB is fun, and as earlier said, you can plan what you have to do XD... and... meet people... and get popularity, um...
    -Depliant
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pecori
    level 1X venomancer
    Uriel
    level 1X cleric (male)
    Pec
    level X panda :D
  • showharu
    showharu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    I personally like to play betas so I can figure out what I'm going to do when servers go live. ;)[/QUOT

Ya i plan to do the same
  • sigoh
    sigoh Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    this is a noobish question but it relates... so lets get 100% clear on this...

CB accounts get Whiped
    OB starts
    OB accounts get carried over into the actual game?

or

CB accounts get transfered to OB
    OB accounts get whiped
    actual game begins clean?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chaotic Oblivion~Fated Twilight~Eternal Sorrow~Corrupted Fidelity
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    sigoh wrote: »

CB accounts get Whiped
    OB starts

or

CB accounts get transfered to OB
    OB accounts get whiped
    actual game begins clean?

1st one. . .
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • specter
    specter Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    sigoh wrote: »

CB accounts get Whiped
    OB starts
    Aye, this one.
  • finalfantasyfangirl
    finalfantasyfangirl Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    So if the closed beta characters will be wiped out, will we be able to use the same name we used for our CB characters, for our OB characters, cause in some mmorpgs once you choose a name and it gets deleted you wont be able to get it back.:confused:
  • junk
    junk Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    So if the closed beta characters will be wiped out, will we be able to use the same name we used for our CB characters, for our OB characters, cause in some mmorpgs once you choose a name and it gets deleted you wont be able to get it back.:confused:

CB end is a complete server wipe, yes you'll be able to use them. But someone'll beat you to Sepphiroth and Cloud anyway.
  • bleuren
    bleuren Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Heh.. A lot of games decide not to wipe characters, or give them like something from doing Closed Beta, :D Makes it nice, but testing the game is what it's about!
  • mulletproof
    mulletproof Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    azure wrote: »
    WHATS THE POINT OF TRYING TO LEVEL UP CHARACTERS IN OB IF THEY'LL GET WIPED OUT
    Because the focus is testing, not bragging rights. If you joined a beta expecting to keep ANYTHING, then you probably joined for the wrong reason.
  • azure
    azure Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    lol cool am only playing because am from America and maylasia can be lagy especially during territory wars and a single lag can kill you at any second :/ hate lags. well i think ill do what you all said, make all the good names when the game starts ;) lol joking, but ill see how far i can lvl up in a month and try catching any bugs then reporting them, read every1 s comment ^^ College comes first then girlfriends then parties food then games :D
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    The point for everyone to play CB is to let the pkers have a chance to go for the carebears in their turf. Just to scare them off a bit before they scurrey to their server

I JOKE! I don't think carebears are chickens. Mutleys maybe but not carebears

but I'm still interested in knowing how this closed beta server is going to work ;D
  • azure
    edited July 2008
    t0yo wrote: »
    The point for everyone to play CB is to let the pkers have a chance to go for the carebears in their turf. Just to scare them off a bit before they scurrey to their server

I JOKE! I don't think carebears are chickens. Mutleys maybe but not carebears

but I'm still interested in knowing how this closed beta server is going to work ;D

we are all noobs in CB :D unless some1 gets to lvl 70 in a week
  • tenkei
    tenkei Posts: 63
    edited July 2008
    junk wrote: »
    The point of CB isn't leveling, it's having fun (a concept most MMO players tend to miss) and trying to find exploits (not quite applicable here since the game's been out for years in other countries). Also, you can spend 20+ hours customizing your look and not feel sorry about wasting grind time (yay for OCD).

Actually finding exploits is still a high possibility. When you got so many "Chef's" in the kitchen working on the same request it's very likely to mistakes to happen.

Same here, even though the games been out you never what "Gotcha!" traps sit in the coding that something as simple as translating screens and content could result in.
  • azure
    edited August 2008
    roxy wrote: »
    People also join closed beta for reputation as one of the reasons, and to test their character build. That way, you'll know what class to be when open beta starts. Yes, I know a lot of people here come from malaysian version and pretty much know the game well, but keep in mind that there are also people who are new to the game.

i can get a reputation for pwning noobs hmm thank you i understand now
  • rufus
    rufus Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Closed beta is the most enjoyable part of the game. there aren't millions of people, most users aren't really annoying 12 year olds, it isn't tainted by the item mall (which ill be using anyway lol) so everything's fair and even, and you get to feel important when you find a bug and post it on the forums (that is if over 9000 people haven't already reported it like what happens in my case)
  • depliant
    depliant Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    rufus wrote: »
    Closed beta is the most enjoyable part of the game. there aren't millions of people, most users aren't really annoying 12 year olds, it isn't tainted by the item mall (which ill be using anyway lol) so everything's fair and even, and you get to feel important when you find a bug and post it on the forums (that is if over 9000 people haven't already reported it like what happens in my case)

:) yup!~ it is quite enjoyable.
    -Depliant
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pecori
    level 1X venomancer
    Uriel
    level 1X cleric (male)
    Pec
    level X panda :D
  • sirrion
    sirrion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Just going to be using the game to kill time during classes. Since I actually tend to read through my text books, generally don't need to pay attention too much in class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tofu
    tofu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    well some people play mmo's not for just "grind grind grind lvl up grind grind grind lvl up!"-__-
    like me as some other folks, we play for F.U.N :)
  • nique08
    nique08 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    aww roxy thats a nick name i know =D.
    1 aim, 1 guild, 1 success story
    Work as 1, play as 1, fight as 1, succeed as 1
    Hope for the best, But prepared for the worse
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (I think there is a spy among us)

Oracle
    Nique - EA 86
    AbuseElf - EA 96
    Other Chars too but lower than 80 not worth mentioning =)

Current -
    Nique - WB 1
  • nique08
    nique08 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    anymore peeps from malaysia server coming here lol?? sadly malaysia's ip is going to get blocked. so only us and eu im afraid hehe =D
    1 aim, 1 guild, 1 success story
    Work as 1, play as 1, fight as 1, succeed as 1
    Hope for the best, But prepared for the worse
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (I think there is a spy among us)

Oracle
    Nique - EA 86
    AbuseElf - EA 96
    Other Chars too but lower than 80 not worth mentioning =)

Current -
    Nique - WB 1
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Nique? Were you once the GM of ****? Or is that a different Nique?
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • pabling
    pabling Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    just a question, how long will this close beta will be?
  • tiene
    tiene Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    So many pages yet the #1 most important reason why people play CB is not mentioned.

#1: To find and recruit the community for potential strong and dedicated guild members so that when OB starts, they have a big head start.

In fact, all people who came from PW-MY plays this CB for this and only this reason. They all know the game so well; they all know what to do, what to build, etc... The only reason that they play the CB is to recruit strong players into their guild.

Most dedicated people that join the guilds in CB will stay in the same guild when OB starts; unless that guild is really shizy.
  • handsomethecarlos
    handsomethecarlos Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    they should have opened this game way before, cuz summer allready ended and school is up :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • devilsei
    devilsei Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Eh, I've never played this game before, but it caught my interest a while ago, I'm just interested in trying out the game, seeing what classes I like or dont like, and check for bugs/glitches/exploits/excetera.
  • psychon
    psychon Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    tl;dr
    Less Q_Q, more pew pew!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • devilsei
    devilsei Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    psychon wrote: »
    tl;dr
    Less Q_Q, more pew pew!

or rather

Less Q_Q, more glitch-glitchin and bug-buggin :P
  • djtav0
    djtav0 Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'll disagree with most of the ppl here, if you are an experienced player from other versions, you wont have to play CB for testing Classes/Builds .. because you know that in this game, if u want to be a pvp player (at least for fighting classes, not sure about magic ones) you cant do any build, you have to follow an unique build, otherwise you wont be able to use some equipment.
    If you are one of those ppl, like me, i'd recommend you testing this game a bit just to test if its there any skill lag like MY version or just checking some spots for minerals. Because doing more than that is just a waste of time (if you have others things to do ofc.. otherwise go ahead and level up right to level 80).
    Oh, btw, PW-my did a fine but maybe "unbalanced" thing at CB, they gifted lots of money to the highest level player of CB (i think it was that neo guy) and that unbalanced the game because he was able to made his guild faster, upgrade it faster, do everything faster.
    So.. For concluding this, if its there a gift or prize for playing CB, i'll play it and i'll level my char, otherwise i'll just spend some hours on testings things and i'll be done.