**** cuddling/marriage

Comments

• ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    This is always an extremely controversial topic. Please do not use profanity or insult anyone because they share a different opinion to yourself.

If you cannot discuss the topic in a reasonable, mature manner, without resorting to hateful remarks and prejudice, do not say anything at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cici
    cici Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm bored, so yeah if you can get romantic with an animal which is considered far below anything on par with or relating to human-relations then frankly you should be able to do whatever you please.

And for a a little humor on this: Wanda Sykes on **** Marriage (btw not safe for work or anyone that can't laugh at foul language)
  • espionis
    espionis Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Okay, this is getting kind of ridiculas...

I am positive, 100% positive, that **** marriage will NEVER be implemented. No, I do not hate ****. No, It has nothing to do with "adding coding, triggering, etc". It is rather public opinion and perception.

There is absolutely NO game I know at ALL that allows **** marriage. Why? Because it is too controversal. No game wants to be known as the first game to allow "homosexual relations", and furthermore, it would (sadly) turn MANY players off of this game. Yes, **** are people, but that doesn't make them the general norm. There is nothing wrong with **** people, but nobody wants to deal with the fact of homosexual marriage. Not even political members do, why would a game?

PS: Mystic, calling God imaginary is just as bad as calling **** "****" (pardon my pun). All your doing is lowering yourself to a level as theirs. To each their own.
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    There is absolutely NO game I know at ALL that allows **** marriage. Why? Because it is too controversal. No game wants to be known as the first game to allow "homosexual relations", and furthermore, it would (sadly) turn MANY players off of this game. Yes, **** are people, but that doesn't make them the general norm. There is nothing wrong with **** people, but nobody wants to deal with the fact of homosexual marriage. Not even political members do, why would a game?

Ragnarok Online.
    PS: Mystic, calling God imaginary is just as bad as calling **** "****" (pardon my pun). All your doing is lowering yourself to a level as theirs. To each their own.

You should read a book called "The God Delusion." It'll open up your eyes. Unless you've researched the topic as much as I have, you really shouldn't talk to me about it. Thanks. I'm cool with religious people, but not when they think their religion gives them the right to judge people of other religions or sexual orientations. He thinks being **** is wrong because his god said so, it's about time someone told him his god doesn't exist. If he hadn't said it's "wrong" with no basis other than religion, I would have been glad to let him go on his way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • jobu
    jobu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I honestly don't see why everybody is getting so worked up about this. It is a GAME. If the programers don't want to allow it, it won't be allowed. I personally think that they should, but that's just my opinion, and everybody is entitled to thiers.

So to quote a certain individual "Can't we all just get along?" :)

P.S. Mystic, I agree, that is a great book!
  • espionis
    edited August 2008
    Odd. I used to play RO and I don't remember any homosexual marriage. But, that was before a lot of bigger updates, so I'll let that slide.

Furthermore, talking about "researching" the topic? I have no idea what you mean at all, unless your talking about the argument between "religion and homosexual marriage", in which case, I do know much about it. As for the person who dislikes the idea of **** marriage because of his/her religion, that's not his/her fault. Many people are brought up and raised under a certain set of "moral ethics" and it just happens for him/her, that it's to discriminate against **** marriage. I'm not saying what he is doing is right, but s/he can't necessarily help it. Your argument may be "hes blindly following his religion without knowing anything worth a ****", but think about society. It also inputs moral ethics in us, and we discriminate against many things that others may seem as right or normal.

I'm not flaming anyone, as you can see in my post. I'm just saying, everyone DOES have their own opinions, whether right or wrong. Saying that he is being unreasonable towards the homosexual people is fine. Blaming it on his religion, is like blaming it on the very society we live in. Both teach you a certain way of living. Whether it is right or wrong, is not US to judge, because we ALSO have been brought up to live in a certain way.
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    6. No inappropriate discussion types.
    Inappropriate discussion-types include, but are not limited to, the following discussion types:

- Political
    - Religious
    - Sexual

- Relating to National Affairs
    - Containing any of the inappropriate language types listed above

... That's in the rules. Please cease the discussion, as you guys probably aren't aware of the complete audience of these forums. If you wish to keep posting on this thread, stay on-topic, and don't deviate from the rules. Try to think about what's best for a wide audience when you post here. Think hard.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • espionis
    edited August 2008
    Hey, I've watched what I've said pretty closely...didn't say anything I feel is illegal in forums :mad:
  • fireblood
    fireblood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    lets just say that this gets implemented how many of you would do it (become ****) raise your hands people!:p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    espionis wrote: »
    As for the person who dislikes the idea of **** marriage because of his/her religion, that's not his/her fault. Many people are brought up and raised under a certain set of "moral ethics" and it just happens for him/her, that it's to discriminate against **** marriage. I'm not saying what he is doing is right, but s/he can't necessarily help it. Your argument may be "hes blindly following his religion without knowing anything worth a ****", but think about society. It also inputs moral ethics in us, and we discriminate against many things that others may seem as right or normal.

I'm not flaming anyone, as you can see in my post. I'm just saying, everyone DOES have their own opinions, whether right or wrong. Saying that he is being unreasonable towards the homosexual people is fine. Blaming it on his religion, is like blaming it on the very society we live in. Both teach you a certain way of living. Whether it is right or wrong, is not US to judge, because we ALSO have been brought up to live in a certain way.
    This is just about the worst justification for racism/sexism/classism/etc. that I've ever seen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • emir
    emir Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i actualy hate **** when im around them as long as there not in sight i dont care about them

my assistant pricipal at our school has a **** son so lots of people go to the office for making fun of him

stupid ****

so all **** stay out of site and i will be happy for you once you come into site it makes me feel wierd and ima have to yell pile the **** kids
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • senovit
    edited August 2008
    emir wrote: »
    i actualy hate **** when im around them as long as there not in sight i dont care about them

my assistant pricipal at our school has a **** son so lots of people go to the office for making fun of him

stupid ****

so all **** stay out of site and i will be happy for you once you come into site it makes me feel wierd and ima have to yell pile the **** kids
    And this is just about the best example I could hope for of why some people are to blame no matter what influenced them as they were raised.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • loktoris
    loktoris Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I think you can have same sex marriage in Second Life, but don't quote me on that, I've only heard from a friend who plays.
  • espionis
    edited August 2008
    senovit, are you serious? I never justified it. Would you like to read before you start pointing fingers? I was explaining how people act towards a certain (blank) because of the way they are raised. I did not say "They are right, you are wrong, **** FTL". I was merely suggesting that it's how they act. NOT HOW they are acting is RIGHT. Please use your middle school english education to read, and interpret ideas before you decide to post about it.
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I was raised to be a nice little christian boy, who doesn't swear, who won't have sex until marriage and goes to church every sunday.

Look at me.

Being raised to do something is the shittiest excuse I've ever heard. That's a lovely thing to fall back on instead of straight up admitting "I don't have the balls to think for myself. <3 Religion."

That said, it was posted earlier that discussing this and sexuality are against the rules, and I wasn't aware of that, that's a rare rule. Trust me, I'm a troll extraordinaire. But with that in mind, I don't like breaking rules, so I'mma go ahead and step out before I get the banhammer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • espionis
    edited August 2008
    Nice. Great to know everyone loves backing up their own arguments by reading only the things they want. It's a great way for the world to run. All you guys are doing is taking ONE part of what I said, and repeating it and saying it's stupid while ignoring the ENTIRE premise of my argument, saying, I AM NOT JUSTIFYING HIS ACTIONS. And yes, being raised to do something IS a good reason to do it automatically. If you disagree with that, I'd be embarrassed for you. I digress, this is getting off topic and I can sense a flame coming. GL with this suggestion.
  • senovit
    edited August 2008
    You can sense a flame coming after you say something like "use your middle school education"? You must be stupid if you think you can say ridiculous statements like that without getting flamed back. What you said might not have seemed to be a justification to you, but it can certainly be construed that way. "You can say it's wrong for the person to believe it, but to blame it on religion, which is what influenced his ideas, is wrong." is what I got out of your statement. Does that mean you can feel it's wrong for a little white boy to feel hatred for blacks, but you can't blame the cult that raised him because that would be blaming our society? Making a statement like "you can't blame society for our wrongs" shows who really never moved on to high school =/

Feel free to correct me if I misinterpreted you in any way, but keep your childish remarks to yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    umm i don't know i don't swing either ways.
    i'm new generation, i wanna marry myself :D
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • iry
    iry Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I dont see why people are bringing religion into this. Theres a whole rant I can go on about how this is against their religion, but since thats not the scope of this suggestion I wont.

Would appreciate a GM (A person who is paid by the company, not a mod...) to either say either no, yes or keep going on with the discussion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1perfectworld.com , the best resource for everything Perfect World.
    We got quest guides, cultivation guides, noob guides. If it can be a guide, its there.
    We also got free guild forums :D
    Now with flame forums and trading for CB/OB
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    iry wrote: »
    I dont see why people are bringing religion into this. Theres a whole rant I can go on about how this is against their religion, but since thats not the scope of this suggestion I wont.

Would appreciate a GM (A person who is paid by the company, not a mod...) to either say either no, yes or keep going on with the discussion.

I'll do what I can to make sure someone sees this. I know most of you are doing your best to keep it civil.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    This idea/suggestion always sparks controversy and sparks up some flame wars. The suggestion will be conveyed to the devs, but there is no guarantee that it can or will be implemented.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arouse
    arouse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    You know, I'm sorta of the opinion that even the homophobes are taking this issue a bit askew. & to justify that, I'm going to have to do a little bit of explaining:

It is well known that in mmorpgs there are typically more males playing than females (one can, for instance, take a look at many of the stats that are generated about player base if one was unwilling to subscribe to the 'common knowledge' route). Given that, most of the people behind the female avatars are in fact male. One could surmise that, even if the rate of homosexuals is one out of every four people, &, say*, 85% of players behind female toons are male, then a signifigant proportion of those behind the toon will be a heterosexual male.

Given some of the flaming going on, it probably wouldn't be amiss to say that some of the behind those female toons in question are complete & utter idiots about the idea of man on man lovin'. In fact, it'd be as well surmised that they'd be equally intimidated by a guy givin' some lip love to their female toon. Maybe they want that third option? The one that allows the hot **** action? So their throbbing heterosexuality can remain completely unthreatened, of course.

*This is me pulling numbers from my ****.
    ** edits for grammer & spelling **

Shouting to the sidelines (ie... completely off topic)
    @ mystic - You know, I'm not at all fond of the New Atheists. A better book, in my absolutely humble opinion, is I Don't Believe in Atheists by Chris Hedges. But props & random good will for an admirable defense of some modicum of rationality.
  • f4ding
    f4ding Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    tbh at first i hated this suggestion I am a homophobe in reform meaning i used to hate **** people until i actually got to know one but the more and more i think about it the more and more open i am to discuss it if guys want to cuddle guys and girls want to cuddle girls why not let them its not like by allowing them to cuddle eachother will force you to click accept when a guy tries to cuddle you if your a guy or vice versa for a girl in reality it doesnt effect anyone but the people using the feature so just let them have it so we can stop reading threads about it.
    btw i am a guy that plays a werefox character i want to cuddle girls =( i normally dont play a female character but in this game you cant be a guy and have a pet that fights with you i love the werefox skills and the pet system.
  • ketsunfwu
    ketsunfwu Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Note: I'm personally an open-minded type of person.

This is an online computer game. People should be able to come here, and enjoy the game - within the boundaries of acceptable rules, of course. That's one of the reasons why I feel that a game should allow people, regardless of sexual orientation, to enjoy themselves. Be it **** marriage so that they can experience the game together, or just simply allowing same-sex cuddling, is one way to do this.

And this'll be an international game - just because some US states ban irl same-sex marrages doesn't mean other countries do the same. Take countries in Europe, for example. Some may also want to escape from this reality in a game.
    Interesting ptn: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:World_homosexuality_laws.svg

Or it could be for a more practical purpose. Say my S.O. chose a gender for hir character opposite that of hir gender, while I chose a gender matching mine, or vice versa. (be it due to preference or class restrictions) We wouldn't be able to marry/cuddle in-game. =P
    ~ 林俊杰 (aka KetsuNfwu)
    Simple sig because my usual is 150px in height. =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ I speak English + Chinese. 英文和华文是我的双母语。 ]
  • iry
    iry Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    This idea/suggestion always sparks controversy and sparks up some flame wars. The suggestion will be conveyed to the devs, but there is no guarantee that it can or will be implemented.

Ah, thanks ^^
    I guess this can be closed now as we got an answer on this subject. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1perfectworld.com , the best resource for everything Perfect World.
    We got quest guides, cultivation guides, noob guides. If it can be a guide, its there.
    We also got free guild forums :D
    Now with flame forums and trading for CB/OB
  • starelf
    starelf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Ok, myself I support all combinations, however marriage aspect aside for a moment if that's not bothersome.
    My main interest in this topic is the hoist side of it all.
    Being a fox basically means that we cannot pickup and carry anyone at all, or at least none of my attempts ever succeeded at any rate. Doesn't seem quite right to me considering how useful that option can be if you are trying to show someone around who is unfamiliar with an area.

Anyhow, whatever happens I do hope they will at least consider allowing the carry option in some form more ammenable to everyone.
    I know that I was not allowed to even carry a male human or male elf, which personally seemed quite stupid as that's not a pairing outside the "social constraints" at all even for asia. Or is it that females must also be submissive and the male is the only one allowed to be in control? (and no that's not an open to start in about femanism either, tho frankly it smells a bit of it)

Fox aside. My female elf was not allowed to pickup a male elf either, so exactly what IS allowed in all that mess?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Misslilly - Heavens Tear
    Misslilly - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    At least make it to where females can.... -.-
  • evolen
    evolen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Im totally for the **** carry cuddle marriage thing.

Im not so sure most the guys will be for the GUY part but i'm sure they wont mind the GIRL part.
  • Raeli - Heavens Tear
    Raeli - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    arouse wrote: »
    It is well known that in mmorpgs there are typically more males playing than females (one can, for instance, take a look at many of the stats that are generated about player base if one was unwilling to subscribe to the 'common knowledge' route). Given that, most of the people behind the female avatars are in fact male. One could surmise that, even if the rate of homosexuals is one out of every four people, &, say*, 85% of players behind female toons are male, then a signifigant proportion of those behind the toon will be a heterosexual male.

While I won't deny that his is probably true, nobody ever brings up the fact that girls often roll male characters as well. Which, oddly enough, nobody seems to have as much an issue with...
  • Hephaestus - Heavens Tear
    Hephaestus - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I totally support this thread.
    Why shouldn't girls be embracing/marrying other girls.
    Really, it's simply nice to have that sort of freedom between **** + **** couples, without having the inconvenience of being a gender that you may not like, exactly.
This discussion has been closed.