**** cuddling/marriage

Options

Comments

• Realfiesty - Heavens Tear
    Realfiesty - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Yes im goin to flame but i posted to so get over it plus this is Flaming in itself

Dude you need to seriously seek mental help, bc like 75% of the ppl that are like you either fantasies about their own mothers, or are actually **** themselves, and judging by the lack of creativeness i dont think you fantasies much.

I'm gonna have to QFT this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • k0ji
    k0ji Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I'm **** and defanatly would like to see this, tho I've seen such things on countless other mmo'
    s and realy the only ones ive ever seen **** marrige/emots implemented on are private servers.

Companys are just to scared of getting into things like this, that's right PWI I'm calling you out........ ur yellerar thn a chocobos belleh.
  • jdz8
    jdz8 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    k0ji wrote: »
    Companys are just to scared of getting into things like this, that's right PWI I'm calling you out........ ur yellerar thn a chocobos belleh.

Please keep in mind this is a Chinese culture-based game. This is not set in Sparta.

The fact that **** relations are not implemented is due, in part, to the cultural setting of the game.

Trying to IMPOSE your own view on game centered around a different culture, ignoring the culture, and then calling the company that adopted PW cowards for honoring that culture you are ignoring is just plain selfish.
  • k0ji
    edited September 2008
    Options
    jdz8 wrote: »
    Please keep in mind this is a Chinese culture-based game. This is not set in Sparta.

The fact that **** relations are not implemented is due, in part, to the cultural setting of the game.

Trying to IMPOSE your own view on game centered around a different culture, ignoring the culture, and then calling the company that adopted PW cowards for honoring that culture you are ignoring is just plain selfish.

They have every right to implment these kinds of things it comes with the deal when they get there game rights/licence.

I am calling them out but maybe I should call them smart/greedy insted of chicken, cause its not good for profits to make these kinds of changes, thats just the world we live in, so much intollerance that it would even effect proffits in an MMO.

As for cultural stuff thats no means for saying no to **** stuff, if one would take cultural stuff so seroisly then PWI would have no INTERNATIONAL players.
  • jdz8
    jdz8 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    k0ji wrote: »
    As for cultural stuff thats no means for saying no to **** stuff, if one would take cultural stuff so seroisly then PWI would have no INTERNATIONAL players.

You missed the point on the cultural part, it is not about who participates in the game but rather the game MECHANICS itself being based on the culture.

As for profits, that too is most likely a reason for not implementing such change (note I said culture is only part of it).
    However, that is why PWI is a COMPANY.
    A company focuses on maximizing profit.
    Calling them greedy is just one way of describing the function of a corporation.

Seriously though, if you are truly out to change things, stick with the real world and not a business-managed, pixelated game.

PS: Remember your purpose before you start writing. I personally consider what I want to do, think of an action, then make sure that it, at the very least, decently accomplishes what I intend to do before I act.

If you want this game to change, calling the producing company a coward is definitely not the best persuasive technique.
  • recon5
    recon5 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    *sigh*

You can tell that I have some sort of problem when I join a new version of PW just to comment on a social issue, but anyway, here go my 2 cents:

I am actually from the Malaysian English version of PW, and the number one problem I see with allowing **** cuddling in the game is that it is

FLAMEBAIT

for world chat spammers.

I will not comment on the rightness or wrongness of male cuddling in an ancient Chinese society but I will say that something like this is guaranteed to happen:

Player A: Ewww... ****!

Cuddling player: HOMOPHOBE, GET OFF THE INTERNETS!

Player B: You **** should BURN, man...

Player C: Don't you learn something called TOLERANCE in school?

Player D: TOLERANCE only applies to whats RIGHT. BEING **** IS WRONG.

Player E: What, are you from the Victorian age or something?

You can see where I'm going, right? Such cases would create a huge dilemma for the GMs plus it would be problematic for players trying to use the world chat for a friendlier discussion. We should wait for the community to evolve such hair-trigger sentimentalities out of their system before implementing such a controversial feature.

TL;DR: Not saying that **** cuddling is right or wrong, but that it is TOO CONTROVERSIAL for PWI right now.

EDIT: By the way, putting such flamebait in would actually be profitable for the company because it would drive trumpet usage all the way up.
  • Zeke_wolf - Heavens Tear
    Zeke_wolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    The situation in the above post would be solved by having separate severs that would allow it, put a warning on the sever and then just roll with it plain and simple.
  • toby132006
    toby132006 Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I didn't finish reading this forum much but i 100% agree. This post really made me pissed off though, by the way I'm not going against...or trying to go against someones religion or what they beleive. By the way I am straight, but I think being against **** is like being raciest or someones sex.
    cerberus wrote: »
    you **** people are sick in the head god made adam and eve not adam and adam and why would you want to have **** stuff on a game when there are even kids playing freekin sick people

Adam an Eve weren't the 1st people on Earth, they came from evolution meaning maybe 2 guys were born 1st then a guy and girl 1st, or 2 girls could of been born. Also how are **** people "sick in the head"? Whats the matter? They show guys and girls on this game kissing on this game...what difference would it make if they were guy and guy, or girl and girl? By the way you can't say I'm wrong and I can't say your wrong, this is just my belife and this is your belife, but anyways, if god didn't want ****...why would he make **** in the 1st place...why would he make them that way? What if they were bi sexual, why would god go against that? Also, why would god make dinasours and other animals 1st before us right away? And if God did creat the universe and everything on it...how can he control it all, or how can he solve everyones problem? And what gives you guys the write on who people can and can not marry? How would you feel if you loved someone and wanted to spend the rest of your life with this person, but you find out you can't? Why do you care?

By the way notice how I didn't go against, I just kept asking questions.
  • recon5
    edited September 2008
    Options
    When we arrive at the point of creation vs. evolution and whether or not there is a God, the only thing to expect from further posts is a massive FLAME WAR.

There. Don't say I didn't warn anyone.
  • Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    cerberus wrote: »
    you **** people are sick in the head god made adam and eve not adam and adam and why would you want to have **** stuff on a game when there are even kids playing freekin sick people

this is sad and pathetic. Just cause you believe in one thing doesnt mean everyone else believes in it. **** are **** that aint changing because some priest "speaks" for "god". As far as im concerned "God" isnt real, why because where is he when people are cutting themselves, dying in wars, yet the church goes on to say that god lets man be......right well this god is ****ed up or not real. I have problems and my best friend has problems, shes prayed to "god" she asked for guidance she never did anything horrible to be "ignored" by "god". So dont bring "god into this till there is some proof of him, even then i wont worship him because whats the qoute oh yeah "Those who are worshipped, dont deserve to be worshipped". Another note the bible has been re-written over several years and originally the book was made from some guys "vision" of "god", and people believed him back then because they were naive and wanted reasons for the way things work. I have been told im going to hell because i dont believe in god. I told them they are ****ed up in the head for saying that because im rotting in the ground when i die like EVERY single one of us. as for our soul i dont believe in it, i believe in our unconsciousness but thats just our brain's way of working and shielding us from severe pain. Church says "God" knows what were gonna do (wheres our FREE WILL), so how come if he knew there would be **** why didnt he stop it if he didnt like them? Why cant "god" speak for himself? Why do priests go against what they are teaching ex: priests molesting lil boys. Doesnt this go against what "god" supposedly says? There are kids that are ****. some know it some dont. They will learn it eventually. Does "god" stop them no. So if "god" can know everything, and supposedly doesnt like them where is the blocking point for "god"? I mean **** just got the right to marry in the US so i say apply it to the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • toby132006
    edited September 2008
    Options
    recon5 wrote: »
    When we arrive at the point of creation vs. evolution and whether or not there is a God, the only thing to expect from further posts is a massive FLAME WAR.

There. Don't say I didn't warn anyone.

Yeah I know, I think that too...I think religion is one of the main causes of war back then...

QUOTE=Darknin - Lost City ;627181]this is sad and pathetic. Just cause you believe in one thing doesnt mean everyone else believes in it. **** are **** that aint changing because some priest "speaks" for "god". As far as im concerned "God" isnt real, why because where is he when people are cutting themselves, dying in wars, yet the church goes on to say that god lets man be......right well this god is ****ed up or not real. I have problems and my best friend has problems, shes prayed to "god" she asked for guidance she never did anything horrible to be "ignored" by "god". So dont bring "god into this till there is some proof of him, even then i wont worship him because whats the qoute oh yeah "Those who are worshipped, dont deserve to be worshipped". Another note the bible has been re-written over several years and originally the book was made from some guys "vision" of "god", and people believed him back then because they were naive and wanted reasons for the way things work. I have been told im going to hell because i dont believe in god. I told them they are ****ed up in the head for saying that because im rotting in the ground when i die like EVERY single one of us. as for our soul i dont believe in it, i believe in our unconsciousness but thats just our brain's way of working and shielding us from severe pain. Church says "God" knows what were gonna do (wheres our FREE WILL), so how come if he knew there would be **** why didnt he stop it if he didnt like them? Why cant "god" speak for himself? Why do priests go against what they are teaching ex: priests molesting lil boys. Doesnt this go against what "god" supposedly says? There are kids that are ****. some know it some dont. They will learn it eventually. Does "god" stop them no. So if "god" can know everything, and supposedly doesnt like them where is the blocking point for "god"? I mean **** just got the right to marry in the US so i say apply it to the game.[/QUOTE]

I agree completly...I have stuff to say but it will go against the rules...but I have one simple quetion...give me one peice of evidence that God is real.
  • Darknin - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Options
    toby132006 wrote: »
    Yeah I know, I think that too...I think religion is one of the main causes of war back then...

QUOTE=Darknin - Lost City ;627181]this is sad and pathetic. Just cause you believe in one thing doesnt mean everyone else believes in it. **** are **** that aint changing because some priest "speaks" for "god". As far as im concerned "God" isnt real, why because where is he when people are cutting themselves, dying in wars, yet the church goes on to say that god lets man be......right well this god is ****ed up or not real. I have problems and my best friend has problems, shes prayed to "god" she asked for guidance she never did anything horrible to be "ignored" by "god". So dont bring "god into this till there is some proof of him, even then i wont worship him because whats the qoute oh yeah "Those who are worshipped, dont deserve to be worshipped". Another note the bible has been re-written over several years and originally the book was made from some guys "vision" of "god", and people believed him back then because they were naive and wanted reasons for the way things work. I have been told im going to hell because i dont believe in god. I told them they are ****ed up in the head for saying that because im rotting in the ground when i die like EVERY single one of us. as for our soul i dont believe in it, i believe in our unconsciousness but thats just our brain's way of working and shielding us from severe pain. Church says "God" knows what were gonna do (wheres our FREE WILL), so how come if he knew there would be **** why didnt he stop it if he didnt like them? Why cant "god" speak for himself? Why do priests go against what they are teaching ex: priests molesting lil boys. Doesnt this go against what "god" supposedly says? There are kids that are ****. some know it some dont. They will learn it eventually. Does "god" stop them no. So if "god" can know everything, and supposedly doesnt like them where is the blocking point for "god"? I mean **** just got the right to marry in the US so i say apply it to the game.

I agree completly...I have stuff to say but it will go against the rules...but I have one simple quetion...give me one peice of evidence that God is real.[/QUOTE]

i would like one myself....i dont believe in god (obviously) but it would be nice to know if it is real, and thats the true question oh and thats why "gods" in qoutes (like that)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raeli - Heavens Tear
    Raeli - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    but I have one simple quetion...give me one peice of evidence that God is real.

Sure, if you'll give me one piece of evidence that God isn't real first. :)
  • Darknin - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Sure, if you'll give me one piece of evidence that God isn't real first. :)

I dont think he meant for it to be taken like that, but obviously people on this forum take things differently. "If" "god" was proven real, i wouldnt believe in him, if he was proven fake i could care less. read my long post before you start posting this **** here i'll add it for ya

this is sad and pathetic. Just cause you believe in one thing doesnt mean everyone else believes in it. **** are **** that aint changing because some priest "speaks" for "god". As far as im concerned "God" isnt real, why because where is he when people are cutting themselves, dying in wars, yet the church goes on to say that god lets man be......right well this god is ****ed up or not real. I have problems and my best friend has problems, shes prayed to "god" she asked for guidance she never did anything horrible to be "ignored" by "god". So dont bring "god into this till there is some proof of him, even then i wont worship him because whats the qoute oh yeah "Those who are worshipped, dont deserve to be worshipped". Another note the bible has been re-written over several years and originally the book was made from some guys "vision" of "god", and people believed him back then because they were naive and wanted reasons for the way things work. I have been told im going to hell because i dont believe in god. I told them they are ****ed up in the head for saying that because im rotting in the ground when i die like EVERY single one of us. as for our soul i dont believe in it, i believe in our unconsciousness but thats just our brain's way of working and shielding us from severe pain. Church says "God" knows what were gonna do (wheres our FREE WILL), so how come if he knew there would be **** why didnt he stop it if he didnt like them? Why cant "god" speak for himself? Why do priests go against what they are teaching ex: priests molesting lil boys. Doesnt this go against what "god" supposedly says? There are kids that are ****. some know it some dont. They will learn it eventually. Does "god" stop them no. So if "god" can know everything, and supposedly doesnt like them where is the blocking point for "god"? I mean **** just got the right to marry in the US so i say apply it to the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • toby132006
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Ok, but just to let you guys know I'm not tring to make enimies...I'm just saying. Here's my proof back then, everyone needed a reson for why things happen, so they thought of God, but relions have different, for example Chritinaity, their is God, and in Greece mythology their is more then one god, like Neptune. Now, we are a more advanced civilization with more technology and facts. We discovered the first living thing on earth was bacteria, and after billions of years, finnally were we made and we evolved from monkeys or cimpanzes or some type of aniaml in the ape family...I'm not really sure, Which will also go back...if God is real then why didnt he create us 1st?
  • Darknin - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Ok, but just to let you guys know I'm not tring to make enimies...I'm just saying. Here's my proof back then, everyone needed a reson for why things happen, so they thought of God, but relions have different, for example Chritinaity, their is God, and in Greece mythology their is more then one god, like Neptune. Now, we are a more advanced civilization with more technology and facts. We discovered the first living thing on earth was bacteria, and after billions of years, finnally were we made and we evolved from monkeys or cimpanzes or some type of aniaml in the ape family...I'm not really sure, Which will also go back...if God is real then why didnt he create us 1st?

exactly my point:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    OK, forum rules - no religious discussion. Even if it is your basis for your beliefs regarding sexuality, it's not an appropriate discussion for an MMO forum.

If you don't like the suggestion and want to flame it; think twice and please just don't say anything at all.

And the same thing goes for those wanting to defend the position. No open hostility towards each other. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • k0ji
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Indeed, most things religious eventuly lead to hatred and disscrimination, no not every religious belife will lead to that but alot will, thus keep your gods or athisim to your selfs, all thyat will come from debate will be eventual hate.
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    This game is called Perfect World. In the Chinese developers mind a perfect world only had men and women getting married. I guess you're just out of luck there were no **** developers who had fantasies of all **** marriages.

Just on another note, if you're **** and believe in evolution you're a hypocrite. Evolution is about natural selection and what not survival of the fittest. The fittest survive and reprodu... oh wait, **** people can't reproduce. Sorry, but humans aren't hermaphrodites.

I don't care if **** people get married in real life, but this game is called Perfect World and I guess the Chinese are implying something.
  • bron
    bron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I'm not for or against the marriage aspect of ****. Frankly, I don't care. Happens? Good. Doesn't happen? Also good. I'm fine either way.

But the carying thing, yea, that's annoying, especially with two classes being gender locked. I play a Veno and I'm a guy. This girl I like will be playing soon and there's no way to express how I feel about her. Ok maybe we're just best friends right now, but the fact is, I can't cary her and neither can she carry me, because I'm playing a gender locked class and she's just playing her gender. I say at least allow "****" marriage and cuddle for the gender locked classes. I put **** in quotes, because it's not always ****. I'm a guy playing a grl character (Kinda forced if I wanna play the class), and she's a girl playing a girl character. There's no way to get married or carry each other if we wanted to. We're straight, but acording to the game's genders, it's ****. So I think allowing the gender locked classes to cuddle/marry their own gender could be the least that could be done.

But in all honesty, I don't see this happening. There's Chinese lore to think about going against, and coding to do that the company doesn't feel compeled to do.
    Proud Pre-Launch CO and Pre-Launch STO Lifetime Subscriber.
  • acolyte
    acolyte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    ryuuzaki wrote: »
    OK, forum rules - no religious discussion. Even if it is your basis for your beliefs regarding sexuality, it's not an appropriate discussion for an MMO forum.

If you don't like the suggestion and want to flame it; think twice and please just don't say anything at all.

And the same thing goes for those wanting to defend the position. No open hostility towards each other. ;)

The problem is that people forget to state their opinion on the Thread and not the poster!

If you dont like other opinions than your own people, then you shouldnt even be here!

Dont take it personal if someone has another opinion than yours, remember dont "attack" the person who post but share your opinion on the matter from OP!

;) i only quote cause its nice to see a "heads up" on rules.
    This game is getting more & more Hostility each day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tatchy
    tatchy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I don’t really care whether or not they allow for **** marriage or cuddling, but I would very much appreciate having no gender limits on picking up and carrying other people.
  • elinette
    elinette Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    bron wrote: »
    Ok maybe we're just best friends right now, but the fact is, I can't cary her and neither can she carry me, because I'm playing a gender locked class and she's just playing her gender. I say at least allow "****" marriage and cuddle for the gender locked classes. I put **** in quotes, because it's not always ****. I'm a guy playing a grl character (Kinda forced if I wanna play the class), and she's a girl playing a girl character. There's no way to get married or carry each other if we wanted to. We're straight, but acording to the game's genders, it's ****. So I think allowing the gender locked classes to cuddle/marry their own gender could be the least that could be done.

I agree. I'm female playing a Veno. There are tons of guys playing a Veno. Maybe there are girls playing male characters. So... I could 'marry' the girl playing a guy (that's pretty **** imo) but not the guy playing a Veno (actually non-****). I'm bisexual IRL so it's all the same to me and I couldn't care less what sexuality anyone has. It's not a huge deal and I'd probably never 'marry' anyone in the game anyway because I'm engaged IRL, but... I don't know, I kind of feel that it would be a nice feature to be able to marry any other character and get those benefits.

Of course, if the marriage feature was actually a 'best friend' feature there'd be no controversy. Maybe it would be possible to make a choice between 'marrying' an opposite-sex character or 'best-friending' a same sex character.

Anyway, Bron, good luck with the girl you like. It's a shame you'll miss out on the in-game flirting opportunities that 'marrying' her in the game would bring. ;)
  • Xxxigbarxx - Heavens Tear
    Xxxigbarxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Look,even if the game allowed homosexual marriage,why would straight people playing care?!Why should they?
    Religion states that the homosexuals are the ones who would supposedly burn in Hell,so how,in any way,would it effect straight people?!
    It's like all **** people are out to turn everyone else homosexual,in fact,me and my friends hate the stereotype of that situation.
    We won't bother you,you don't bother us!
    Everyone is so afraid of touching this subject that they argue it over and over again without coming to a decision!
    If homophobic people wish to not accept homosexual marriage then they can have and keep their opinions,but please,in all do fairness,let **** be **** and straights be straight and anyone inbetween be themselves!
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I wouldn't want my children who will be playing this game to be exposed to that kind of filth and think it's ok.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • recon5
    edited September 2008
    Options
    In before flamewar. Seriously, xigbar and senovit (yes, both of them) have just demonstrated why **** cuddling would be a bad idea in this game.

Right or wrong, it WILL lead to COMMUNITY CONFLICT, which will mess up the game for the 70+ percent for players who just don't care.

The problem is, once this particular argument gets started, those who simply don't care will automatically be labelled homophobes or infidels and insulted along with those who are actively fighting over the issue.

That will drive players out of the game, and yes, I think that we do have a lot of players who aren't ready for this kind of debate. Imaging what all the grade schoolers who grew up on 4chan will spew over world chat when the argument starts.

Not in my MMO, please.
  • Sevendust - Lost City
    Sevendust - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    If I Ever See Two Pickle Suckers, Richard Simons Or Rosey O'donnells Embracing, Kissing, Carrying One Another....

I Will Cease All Playtime Of Perfect World International And Go Play Xbox!
  • Raeli - Heavens Tear
    Raeli - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    senovit wrote: »
    I wouldn't want my children who will be playing this game to be exposed to that kind of filth and think it's ok.

Yes, because we all know homosexual people choose that lifestyle. I mean, after all, who wouldn't want to be looked down upon, persecuted, denied common rights, and generally treated like a lower caste simply because of their sexual preferences?
  • chise
    chise Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Yes, because we all know homosexual people choose that lifestyle. I mean, after all, who wouldn't want to be looked down upon, persecuted, denied common rights, and generally treated like a lower caste simply because of their sexual preferences?

I really agree with you, I think a lot of these kids need to grow up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Attempting to bring common sense and understanding to an
    ignorant person is like driving into a brick wall. It may seem
    interesting at first, but after the fact, it accomplishes nothing"
  • acolyte
    acolyte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Could some Admin plz Lock this Thread? before it comes to some Real flames!

No point to drag this out any more, so PLZ Lock it!
    This game is getting more & more Hostility each day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.